Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75184 times)
Christian
VIP

« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »

Oh.

That make me think how great would be a Video Clip and single of Sorry!

Still have time!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »

That is interesting.  Does anyone know if there was an online push for Sorry somewhere?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »

That is interesting.  Does anyone know if there was an online push for Sorry somewhere?
Most likely there was for many like myself that think "Sorry" would make a great single.

#1. Chinese Democracy
#2. Better
#3. Sorry
#4. Street Of Dreams

Seems like a sufficient amount of singles to really push and promote the album.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2008, 11:34:39 AM »

that is indeed very cool yes
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2008, 11:51:54 AM »

I have yet to comment on my favorite song at all, but after a months worth of listening, I am convinced this is definately my favorite song hands down, would make a great single.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »

yep this is my favourite at the moment, maybe on a par with TWAT and TIL , and in the last week or so catcher is growing fast. I just love the power of Sorry very Alice in chains which is obviously a good thing.       Happy new year everyone
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »

Sorry is one of the best songs on CD.

I think it would be awsome single material.  I think that song would really catch on well. It has that angry feel to it. The lyrics are priceless. It is a song people can relate to very easily. I know I do. I play it over and over again. Never gets old.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »

Sorry is one of the best songs on CD.

I think it would be awsome single material.  I think that song would really catch on well. It has that angry feel to it. The lyrics are priceless. It is a song people can relate to very easily. I know I do. I play it over and over again. Never gets old.

Couldn't agree more. Great statement.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
cold razor
Opening Act

« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

Most likely there was for many like myself that think "Sorry" would make a great single.

#1. Chinese Democracy
#2. Better
#3. Sorry
#4. Street Of Dreams

#5. There Was A Time, I know it's quite long but at that poin it would become a killer closing single to promote ChiDem. And those guitar solos can easily beat the test of time.  Smiley
sorryforyou
« Reply #349 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »

In regards to the Rolling Stone Reader's Poll, do you think there is any chance the readers are really intending to nominate Buckcherry's "Sorry" instead of Guns N' Roses "Sorry"? Buckcherry's "Sorry" did peak at number 9 on the Hot 100 in 2008 and this wouldn't be the first time Josh Todd was mistaken for Axl Rose. I remember when "Lit Up" debuted many people thought it was Guns N' Roses.

Furthermore, though I think "Sorry" is a highlight of "Chinese Democracy", its ranking comes out of left field and I have not caught wind of any fan initiated voting drive that would have given it such a boost.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:31:31 PM by sorryforyou » Logged
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #350 on: January 02, 2009, 01:14:01 PM »

#1. Chinese Democracy
#2. Better
#3. Sorry
#4. Street Of Dreams

#5. There Was A Time, I know it's quite long but at that poin it would become a killer closing single to promote ChiDem. And those guitar solos can easily beat the test of time.  Smiley

There are at least 8 songs that would be great singles that would promote the album.
The 5 songs listed above, plus This I love, Shacklers, IRS, and one could even include Catcher. That is 9 singles on one album, which would just be stupendous.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #351 on: January 02, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

^ and I forgot Maddy, which would be 10 singles!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #352 on: March 31, 2009, 06:17:27 PM »

Right this may be a stupid question, but the line that goes "you talk to much, you say I do" Does this mean he is saying "You also say I talk to much" Or is it just saying 'you keep saying "I do" all the time'.
The reason is both versions fit the song. Slash says 'I Do' to everything!  Smiley    but I  cant see why he would say Axl talks too much. (thats IF the song is about Slash)

I got the impression he was referring to people saying he talked to much during shows...and the other line "...shut up and sing", goes along with it.  As it to say you rant too much just shut up and sing.

I swear I heard a bootleg where Axl was talking and someone from the crowd yelled "shut up and sing". I don't remember what show. I tried to find it but can't.

It was Slash who said that shit to Axl over the phone when Axl was trying to talk some sense into him, that he should at least let Axl write lyrics and melodies for what Slash wanted to be the next Guns album (what would later become snakeshit, I mean Snakepit). Read Axl's interviews.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Insomnia
Opening Act

« Reply #353 on: April 01, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »

I like the picture of the man resembling Slash on the Sorry lyrics page. Cute! Smiley
http://www.6lyrics.com/music/guns_n_roses/lyrics/sorry50.aspx
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #354 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »

My favourite song on the record! I was catched at 1st listen  Smiley
I remember, 1st listen... I was like "this is the best song on the record".
Love the athmosphere... kinda threatening... a lot of tension in the air. A little bit psychedelic. Killer lyrics.

Is it about Slash? The lyrics seem to be for Slash.

Axl and Baz sound great. Put your headphones and you can hear Baz harmonizing the vocals with Axl "I'm sorry for youuuuuu.... not sorry for meeeee" Baz sounds KILLER!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:34:33 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »

My favourite song on the record! I was catched at 1st listen  Smiley
I remember, 1st listen... I was like "this is the best song on the record".
Love the athmosphere... kinda threatening... a lot of tension in the air. A little bit psychedelic. Killer lyrics.

Is it about Slash? The lyrics seem to be for Slash.

Axl and Baz sound great. Put your headphones and you can hear Baz harmonizing the vocals with Axl "I'm sorry for youuuuuu.... not sorry for meeeee" Baz sounds KILLER!
Axl (www.chinesedemocracy.com 12/13/08): I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.
The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.
I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase.
I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented.
With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.
Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2009, 02:40:05 AM »

The ending is my favorite part of this song.....

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »

sounds like haunting groans coming from the Bottomless pit
filled with repressed yet fierce indignation.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »

The ending is my favorite part of this song.....
mine too, whitout a doubt
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #359 on: April 03, 2009, 03:43:37 AM »

Amazing song, i love the whole 'Fuck You' vibe to it!
Quite oddly psychadelic to, or to my ears at least, when i first heard it, the intro always made me feel like i was underwater  nervous

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: