Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75138 times)
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »

Does anyone else cringe at the "all well and good, I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" line?.... IMO this is worse than "don't want to do it"

Yeah, not a great line. is he talkin bout Vince Neil?

Could be a line he couldn't slip into "Shotgun Blues"... at least in the case of "Sorry" the rest of the song is so good it more than makes up for it (not the case for Shotgun Blues.... 'Sorry' !   hihi)

HEY! I like Shotgun Blues... lyrics may not hit the target, but it's a fun tune to drive to.  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2008, 03:30:28 AM »

I think this song is directed towards Scott Weiland. We all remember Weiland's blatant public attack on Axl after he revealed that Slash had actually visited his house and badmouthed most members of Velvet Revolver. I bet that Axl back then, after being called fat and balding by Weiland, must have said: "I'm gonna kick his ass!". The overall message from Weiland could be read as: "Just shut up and sing" and Weiland rarely misses an opportunity to speak about his beloved family, though he must have "hurt those who love you" a million times due to his drug abuse, drunk driving, erratic behaviour, etc., etc... "Truth is the truth hurts" also fits this interpretation nicely. Axl never commented on Weiland's attack back then but I reckon this is his answer.
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »

I think this song is directed towards Scott Weiland. We all remember Weiland's blatant public attack on Axl after he revealed that Slash had actually visited his house and badmouthed most members of Velvet Revolver. I bet that Axl back then, after being called fat and balding by Weiland, must have said: "I'm gonna kick his ass!". The overall message from Weiland could be read as: "Just shut up and sing" and Weiland rarely misses an opportunity to speak about his beloved family, though he must have "hurt those who love you" a million times due to his drug abuse, drunk driving, erratic behaviour, etc., etc... "Truth is the truth hurts" also fits this interpretation nicely. Axl never commented on Weiland's attack back then but I reckon this is his answer.

And that's why I don't agree: Axl couldn't give two shits about Weiland let alone dedicate a whole song to him.
jar of dirt
Opening Act

this is not a tangerine bicycle

« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2008, 05:03:05 AM »

Does anyone else cringe at the "all well and good, I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" line?.... IMO this is worse than "don't want to do it"

Yeah, not a great line. is he talkin bout Vince Neil?

i seem to think he is talking about kicking your ass with the music. not actually kicking someones ass.
of course i could be wrong. either way it is a kickass song.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »

And that's why I don't agree: Axl couldn't give two shits about Weiland let alone dedicate a whole song to him.

My question would be, how recently did we hear about a song called Sorry?  Is it old new GNR or new new GNR?  Obviously, if it's old new GNR it would have nothing to do with Weiland...that said, even if it's new new GNR I think there's zero chance it's about Weiland. 

That said, does it have to be about only one person?  I don't think so.  Perhaps the shit Slash put Axl through is what leads a lot of folks to speculate the target of Axl's derision is Slash.  It's my best guess.

...and yes, excellent song I can't get enough of.  Nobody can say fuck you in such a beautiful way.  I mean that.  Nice work Axl.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:21 AM »

My question would be, how recently did we hear about a song called Sorry?  Is it old new GNR or new new GNR? 
Buckethead has writing credit, so I guess the music was written before 2004. But the lyrics is maybe written after.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »

My question would be, how recently did we hear about a song called Sorry?  Is it old new GNR or new new GNR? 
Buckethead has writing credit, so I guess the music was written before 2004. But the lyrics is maybe written after.

True. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2008, 11:44:33 AM »

This is a very good song.  I hope it gets released as a single.  Bach told us about it in 2006.  But I don't hear him sing on it like he said.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »

This is a very good song.  I hope it gets released as a single.  Bach told us about it in 2006.  But I don't hear him sing on it like he said.

Bach sings the high part of the chorus. LIsten and u can hear it quite well.

Axl's vocals are in the middle and u will hear Baz' high stuff i the left speaker.   U can hear him real well on the "You don't know who you can trust" parts

I think the "Nobody cares about you " part could be about either Scott or Matt Sorum.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

The song is probably about a number of different people that pissed Axl off. He's probably taken things he'd like to say to different people and mashed them all together to create this song

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »

You can hear him during choruses, and arround 5.26 unleashing a nice scream !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: December 08, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »

oh no, i think its one of the great lines, especially how he sings it, so calm, but with great confidense about  himself.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2008, 03:46:33 AM »

I have read somewhere, about the Snakepit album was in slash's opinion a True Gn'R Album but Axl disagreed. Slash didn't want to put the work in and as a result Axl didn't want anything to do with it. Slash went and recorded it anyway and it bombed.
This IMO, would certainly take the " nobody cares about you " line to a conclusion. Its been well documented that Axl felt that Slash has been less than truthful about him, with Slash happy to not offer clarification to his words.

This song to me is a "If the caps fits..." song, but I could see is being about the break-up of the original line up  and how that Axl has had to take the rap for their less than commited attitude.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2008, 04:44:15 AM »

We're in speculation heaven. It could be about various people/situations just molded together. It's a quilt of...ok I got nothing.

I like it a lot. It's fantastico!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »

This song is NOT about Vince Who?... Jesus fuckin' christ people...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »

It looks like at least one of the people who used to be associated with the band likes the song. Adrianna smith(rocket queen) has it as one of her songs on myspace(she has a good lot of the album), but Sorry starts when you open the page.

Thought it was nice to see it.
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »

its about slash without any doubt

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »

I bet axl knows more people than slash and vince who.

I still think the song is about the personality disorder case I know. I mean about people like her by you.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2008, 03:51:20 PM »

That line can't be about Slash, cause like it or not, people fucking care about Slash.

I think its about a host of different people. Certain lines are definitely about the old band though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

That line can't be about Slash, cause like it or not, people fucking care about Slash.

We don't know when the song was written though.  It could be as old as 2000 or so and let's face it: Slash's career wasn't exactly on fire then.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: