Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75100 times)
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2008, 02:58:19 PM »

Right this may be a stupid question, but the line that goes "you talk to much, you say I do" Does this mean he is saying "You also say I talk to much" Or is it just saying 'you keep saying "I do" all the time'.
The reason is both versions fit the song. Slash says 'I Do' to everything!  Smiley    but I  cant see why he would say Axl talks too much. (thats IF the song is about Slash)

i think he means, that the other guy says that Axl is the one that talks to much.

I think the lyrics mean that they both say that about each other. Hence the line "the difference is".
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2008, 12:03:39 AM »

Right this may be a stupid question, but the line that goes "you talk to much, you say I do" Does this mean he is saying "You also say I talk to much" Or is it just saying 'you keep saying "I do" all the time'.
The reason is both versions fit the song. Slash says 'I Do' to everything!  Smiley    but I  cant see why he would say Axl talks too much. (thats IF the song is about Slash)

I got the impression he was referring to people saying he talked to much during shows...and the other line "...shut up and sing", goes along with it.  As it to say you rant too much just shut up and sing.

I swear I heard a bootleg where Axl was talking and someone from the crowd yelled "shut up and sing". I don't remember what show. I tried to find it but can't.
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2008, 05:27:24 AM »

I got the impression he was referring to people saying he talked to much during shows...and the other line "...shut up and sing", goes along with it.  As it to say you rant too much just shut up and sing.

I swear I heard a bootleg where Axl was talking and someone from the crowd yelled "shut up and sing". I don't remember what show. I tried to find it but can't.

So there could be potential here that the song is not about one individiaul at all, but about the 'Fans' in general, or maybe 'fans' who stir shit, instead of the things he said  Tongue. The song turns a bit harsh if you listen to it that way. BUT the last line "You chose to hurt those that love you and won't set them free" does not fit with this theory..........
AC
Rocker

« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »

I would like to thank Axl for writing this song about every ex-girlfriend I've had, and every fucking asshole that came into my life pretending to be my friend for nothing other than their own satisfaction.

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2008, 10:48:22 AM »

That song is an absolute killer.
Fucking great. I love it  ok

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

So there could be potential here that the song is not about one individiaul at all, but about the 'Fans' in general, or maybe 'fans' who stir shit, instead of the things he said  Tongue. The song turns a bit harsh if you listen to it that way. BUT the last line "You chose to hurt those that love you and won't set them free" does not fit with this theory..........

Yeah I remember watching the Albany 2002 bootleg, and right before Paradise City he rants and someone tells him to shu the fuck up and sing motherfucker.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2008, 03:31:10 AM »

Yeah I remember watching the Albany 2002 bootleg, and right before Paradise City he rants and someone tells him to shu the fuck up and sing motherfucker.

rofl really? thats priceless
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2008, 08:40:59 AM »

That's exactly what I thought when I heard the 'just shut up and sing line. I remember over the years how a lot fans and people who went to GN'R shows were always complaining about Axl talking so much and wished that he'd just shut it and sing. So, I really thought that was a jab from Axl back at the fans who've complained over the years about him talking/ranting during concerts.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2008, 11:43:12 AM »

I'm not really sure if the songs about them but I've noticed some fans are pd cases too. I'm sorry for them.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2008, 01:35:43 PM »

well, the nobody cares about u line can't be about a Slash cause obviously shit loads of people care about Slash.

Id say parts are, parts are about fans, parts are about maybe even himself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

well, the nobody cares about u line can't be about a Slash cause obviously shit loads of people care about Slash.

Id say parts are, parts are about fans, parts are about maybe even himself.

That part has Steven Adler written all over it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2008, 06:07:36 PM »

With the shitload of old video Axl must have at his fingertips he could put together one hell of a video with Sorry.  Damn, he could focus on a different fucking former member with just about every verse.  Great shit.

I'd have slo-mo video of Axl receiving court summons, the press making shit up, smiling ex-members yucking it up at Axl's expense, stupid fucking ex-fans reading the lies and laughing.

Sorry is an incredible fuck you song.  Love it!  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »

This song is awesome. We can sit back and point fingers at whom we think the song is about but seriously,unless it comes out of the mans' mouth it is all conjecture on our parts. I am surprised that no one has mention one of the greatest lines of the whole song..."it's harder to live with the truth about you then to live with the lies about me"...

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »

This song is awesome. We can sit back and point fingers at whom we think the song is about but seriously,unless it comes out of the mans' mouth it is all conjecture on our parts. I am surprised that no one has mention one of the greatest lines of the whole song..."it's harder to live with the truth about you then to live with the lies about me"...

Lisa, agreed.  Totally unfounded conjecture.  Curious minds love to speculate.

and yes, that line is fucking amazing.  Lyrically, vocally, musically, this song kicks ass! 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2008, 10:27:54 PM »

Just curious, am I the only one who has no fucking clue where Sebastian's background vocals are in the song? I've heard every single Skid Row song dozens of times, but I just can't seem to pick up the slightest hint of Bach's voice anywhere in "Sorry".

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »

Just curious, am I the only one who has no fucking clue where Sebastian's background vocals are in the song? I've heard every single Skid Row song dozens of times, but I just can't seem to pick up the slightest hint of Bach's voice anywhere in "Sorry".

Keep listening

DUring the Chorus, He sings the entire Chorus with Axl. He is the HIGH vocal u hear in the mix. Usually in the left speaker.

you can hear him great on the "you don't know who in the hell to or not to believe part

and the "u don't know who u can trust now part

High dude in the back.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »

Does anyone else cringe at the "all well and good, I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" line?.... IMO this is worse than "don't want to do it"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »

Does anyone else cringe at the "all well and good, I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" line?.... IMO this is worse than "don't want to do it"

Yeah, not a great line. is he talkin bout Vince Neil?

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2008, 12:19:14 AM »

Yeah, not a great line. is he talkin bout Vince Neil?

Could be a line he couldn't slip into "Shotgun Blues"... at least in the case of "Sorry" the rest of the song is so good it more than makes up for it (not the case for Shotgun Blues.... 'Sorry' !   hihi)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2008, 12:20:32 AM »

How can anyone here think they can peg what this song is about anyway? It's a great tune no matter what. Funny thing I've noticed is you don't hear any quotes from the original guys much now that the albums out. I bet ya' all of them have listened to it several times over and are probably quite impressed with Axls work. For all any of us know they may have even talked to Axl (somehow/someway) and told him how much they like the fucking thing. So much speculation.

EDIT: - Nickelcrack sucks dead donkey dick too imho.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: