Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75071 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »

This song grew on me like no other.  Lyrics are incredible.  I do think its about Slash and about all critics including non-professional bloggers and assorted folks that have given Axl shit over the years.  I think the like "You talk too much, you say I do...the difference is nobody cares about you" could be about all these critics in general, who like to talk shit but no one even knows who they are. 

Great thing about Axl is that he still inspires such strong reactions, whether positive or negative.  He really is one in a million!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2008, 01:32:33 AM »

beautiful song, an instant clasic in my book. when i heard about if the "17 years" waiting has been worthit or not, i can respond with out a doubt that yes (it has not been 17 but whatever)  i cant speak for everyone, but Axl does not dissapoints, he made amazing songs and amazing lyrics, just what fans of him expected.

after hearing the youtube rant and reading AXL DEMOCRACY post, i do think that the song might be for slash and duff mainly. also for other ones, but it seems that it might have something to do with when they were in the studio recording the ilusion songs, as Axl said they didnt want to record some songs.
in there the producer or whatever trusted in Axl and go with his view , and slash and the others talked and complained but nobody cared.

hihi i dont know , just my feeling.

Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2008, 11:14:54 AM »

Right this may be a stupid question, but the line that goes "you talk to much, you say I do" Does this mean he is saying "You also say I talk to much" Or is it just saying 'you keep saying "I do" all the time'.
The reason is both versions fit the song. Slash says 'I Do' to everything!  Smiley    but I  cant see why he would say Axl talks too much. (thats IF the song is about Slash)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »

This song is a slow burner that is really starting to grow on me.  Buckhead's solo is pretty badass too.  And yeah, my guess is this has to be directed at Slash.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »

It's partly directed at Slash no doubt... But it's obviously about plenty of others besides. Some of the lines just don't make sense when applied to Slash alone.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »

oddly enough it perfectly makes sence when applied to a PD case I know. Tongue
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »

Brilliant song. Could it take the place that Double talkin jive had on the illusion tour ? By that I mean that it will be a fuck you song, and the song will come after a classic Axl rant at someone or something. 
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2008, 12:49:29 AM »

Right this may be a stupid question, but the line that goes "you talk to much, you say I do" Does this mean he is saying "You also say I talk to much" Or is it just saying 'you keep saying "I do" all the time'.
The reason is both versions fit the song. Slash says 'I Do' to everything!  Smiley    but I  cant see why he would say Axl talks too much. (thats IF the song is about Slash)

i think he means, that the other guy says that Axl is the one that talks to much.
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:42 AM »

Ths song definately grew on me...Like it a lot now.  I didn't "get it", the first time I heard it.  Kinda sounds like a Mad Season song to me
otto16
Opening Act

"Carpe diem"

« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2008, 05:01:23 AM »

A great song... ok
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2008, 05:27:23 AM »

enka!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2008, 05:28:03 AM »

I love the song, and the solo for the most part, but
in the first few seconds , it annoys me everytime that just when the solo starts, it stops and then starts again...
kinda looses momentum for a split second

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »

Mad Season, wow what a reference, haven't listened to that in quite sometime..
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »

I can barely hear Baz in this song. Sometimes I can pick up a hint of him but thats about it.

Love the lyrics in this tune. makes me think of some former members Always talking shit. "Truth is the Truth hurts" is one of the best lines of the record.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

I can barely hear Baz in this song. Sometimes I can pick up a hint of him but thats about it.

Love the lyrics in this tune. makes me think of some former members Always talking shit. "Truth is the Truth hurts" is one of the best lines of the record.

peace

Yeah really! I thought to myself too. Baz is all like, "OMG DUDE IM ON THE FCKIN ALBUM MAN" and I can barely hear him...haha
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »

this song have a big potencional.
I except,sorry will be third single and second video
after that except "this i love"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »

Alright, I am leaning towards the camp that thinks this is the finest track on the album. That also is a bold fucking statement because there are mostly masterful songs on the rest of the album.

This track though, is starting to speak to me personally. It is simply, the song I have needed my whole adult life, and never realized it.

I have some guilt given to me by so called friends and from some family. Friends who are alone, and make me feel a little weird about having my own family and house. Some family are real fucks too. They make me feel like I have to downplay things like things aren't as great as what they seem. That is a bullshit thing to do.

This song Sorry, is empowering. Instead of me being made to feel bad for having things go good, I now have a new anthem. I never told my friend to do the stupid shit that got him where he is. We all had the same choices. Everyone makes their own path.

Sorry is great and I am so thankful to Axl for it. I will be even more thankful if this is played every fucking live show that GN'R plays in the future.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2008, 01:48:24 PM »

I know I already said this but Sorry has really grown on me.  When Axl breaks into "you've got all the answers" you can really feel the hurt and bitterness in his voice.  I love it.

I agree with most of you:  I can't fuckin hear Baz at all on this track.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »

I love the words too.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

I got the impression he was referring to people saying he talked to much during shows...and the other line "...shut up and sing", goes along with it.  As it to say you rant too much just shut up and sing.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: