Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75121 times)
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »

It's like the end of the verse of Lucky by Radiohead on a constant orgasmic loop! I love it!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 12:59:22 AM »

This song draws you in like a dark smoking bar in a shady part of town, the lyrics "You close your eyes, All well and good, I?ll kick you ass, Like I said that I would" great line, and Axl's voice really make me feel Sabbath undertones, then the guitar solo kicks in and smashes you in the face!  This is by far my favorite song on this wonderfully amazing cd! Merry mothafuckin Christmas to me beer  and all my fellow Gunners on here who waited for so long!

Thank you Axl, for traversing the treachrous seas of bullshit to bring this music to us!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:10:57 AM by dariano » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2008, 01:54:15 AM »

This is probably my favorite song on the album right now.  I know that some mentioned a doom metal sound to it, I don't really consider myself that knowledgeable in metal to be able to classify it as such, but what I hear in the song is a very heavy, late 70s/early 80s kind of vibe to it, it reminds me a lot of the kind of music from the sound track of the film "Heavy Metal." 

A brilliant song.
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2008, 02:21:33 AM »

sorry and this is love me two favorite songs right now cant stop looping them
 ok
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2008, 06:04:36 AM »

I love this song and think the solo catches the mood beautifully, very skid row like, like somthing scotty hill used to do.

In terms of who its aimed at, my guess is Merck Mercuriadis.  He didnt get a thank you on the inlay card, he brought in lots of people to push axl along and used the internet to fuel the flames and force a release. He finished his resignation? speech with the following.. ending of course with..I am sorry;

"PS I apologize to all the fans irked by my facetious comments regarding the release date to Rolling Stone magazine. They were meant to poke fun at a magazine that had announced a definitive release date, causing us all lots of grief, when none had been set. Unfortunately many of you took them to heart and for that I am sorry."
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2008, 06:07:54 AM »

Nice thought but I think its a case of "If the cap fits"

So if Slash (or whoever) says did you write sorry about me? He'll get the reply, If the cap fits....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »

I keep reading the comparisons to Pink Floyd regarding this song, but to me, it sounds more like old-school KISS.

That said, it's a good song that keeps growing on me the more I listen to it. Some stinging lyrics by Axl on this one.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

EPIC CITY!. It might be the best song on the album. and its one of the best songs in GNR history. I dont know where to begin. I think Baz was right in a way. The beats and pace of the song are grinding.

Axl is making a statement with this song. Hes saying Im Axl Rose and I am king of the land again. But hes not just saying it, the way he delivers is what makes this song...

I understand that the "But I dont want to do it" line comes out of left field but I think its pretty cool actually. This is why I love Axl....Why? Because in the very next line he says "You dont know why I wont act the way you think I should".....genius!

When I heard that 2nd verse? (The Not Caving in verse), I literally got chills. The way he sings that verse is simply amazing.

Axl and the band really shine on this song. Axl has such a swagger and bravado in this song. Axl does the opposite of what we think he will sing about. He tells Slash and all the haters to shove it up your ass. I love it. I truly love it. He tells his side of the story in a very meaningful and memorable way. Axl is a genius.

Great Review YG!!!   Other than This I Love (which is on a whole other level) I am having a hard time picking ONE favorite...   this track and Prostitute... are front runners up there - way up there...  and There Was A Time and If The World are so insanely good and just so huge -  they're way up there too... with CITR... along with Better, Street of Dreams and Rhyiad... and Madagscar)  haha!  thats like 10 tracks!    Grin

This is Axl's most direct, venomous assault on his foes; all the media whore references strongly suggest Slash is the victim of Axl's animosity. Axl pulls no punches in telling his side of the story. In addition, Axl rejects any feelings of sympathy from his former bandmates. While they may look at Axl and feel he has a loner and a hermit, he sees it differently and has no envy for Slash's media-centred life. Axl wouldn't change a thing and regrets none of his decisions. He even goes as far as to tell his ex-bandmate that "nobody cares about you." Ouch!!!

Takes ya back to Albany Pepsi Arena 11/27/2002 "The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'!"   Shocked
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

Sorry & TWAT for the win.  beer
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2008, 11:23:25 PM »

Upon my first listen I thought Slash. Then after a few more spins it seems to be targeted at a few people, the media, and actually some fans.  It also seems like a response to VR's Set Me Free which Slash said Axl requested a copy of.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:25:31 PM by icpillusions » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2008, 12:30:32 AM »

I think its about Slash, haters, and anyone else who has been in his way over the years or who he feels has lied over the yrs...

The way he sings the last verse reminds me so much of Weiland with STP or Vr. I cant place the song but I know that is how I have heard Weiland sing before. Or maybe Im just dreaming. But if he is mocking Weiland like that its pure greatness

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:38 AM »

But if he is mocking Weiland like that its pure greatness

Axl is a perfectionist and an artist who takes his art really seriously.

You really think he would change his way of singing just to mock Scott Weiland? He is a singer not a comedian  ok

homo homini lupus...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »

well if the song is to drive home a point what better way than to do something like that in such a subtle way??
not saying he is. Its just when I first heard that vocal delivery it reminded me of how Weiland sings sometimes.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2008, 12:44:29 AM »

1. Axl would never waste a single note of CD on Scott Weiland.

2. Even if the song was (partially) about Scott Weiland (which IMO is not) Axl would never change his vocals in order to imitate Scott.

He takes his art way too seriously to do that. This is a thing a guy like Eminem would do, not something that Axl would do.

homo homini lupus...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2008, 12:47:53 AM »

EPIC CITY!. It might be the best song on the album. and its one of the best songs in GNR history. I dont know where to begin. I think Baz was right in a way. The beats and pace of the song are grinding.

Axl is making a statement with this song. Hes saying Im Axl Rose and I am king of the land again. But hes not just saying it, the way he delivers is what makes this song...

I understand that the "But I dont want to do it" line comes out of left field but I think its pretty cool actually. This is why I love Axl....Why? Because in the very next line he says "You dont know why I wont act the way you think I should".....genius!

When I heard that 2nd verse? (The Not Caving in verse), I literally got chills. The way he sings that verse is simply amazing.

Axl and the band really shine on this song. Axl has such a swagger and bravado in this song. Axl does the opposite of what we think he will sing about. He tells Slash and all the haters to shove it up your ass. I love it. I truly love it. He tells his side of the story in a very meaningful and memorable way. Axl is a genius.

I would otherwise agree with this assessment. Except that it comes from the guy who just a year ago was whole-heartedly defending Slash and his book full of lies from the few of us who were stating exactly what is implied in this song. Wow, how people change in such a short time....

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2008, 12:48:23 AM »

You've got all the answers
You know everything
Why nobody asked you
Is a mystery to me

I'm sorry for yoooooooooou..........
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2008, 12:55:43 AM »

2. Even if the song was (partially) about Scott Weiland (which IMO is not) Axl would never change his vocals in order to imitate
never said the song or any of the lyrics were about Weiland

I would otherwise agree with this assessment. Except that it comes from the guy who just a year ago was whole-heartedly defending Slash and his book full of lies from the few of us who were stating exactly what is implied in this song. Wow, how people change in such a short time....
Get a life dude. I have no idea who has told the truth and who has lied over the years. I always figured it was somewhere in the middle. Please show me the comments where I whole heartedly defend Slash. I probably said what I am saying now, in that the truth probably is somewhere in the middle. Im sure you never implied shit. You assumed that everything Slash has said is a bunch of lies. And Im sure there is some truth to that but dont act like you know what the hell is going on. Aside from a few comments on the 02 tour no one knew exactely Axls side of the story that he kept implying on that tour.

Slash wrote a descent book on GNR. Were there lies in it? Maybe. Im sure there were. But does that mean Axls version of his story is 100% true ?Maybe, Maybe not. Im glad you take notes on what my opinions are and re hash them several years later. Well done

As for me changing in such a short period of time???Are you serious? I never knew I was considered a Slash lover. Thanks for making me laugh ok
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:02:42 AM by younggunner » Logged

Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »

Love the song but I don't think it's about Slash like others do.

I actually think its more along the lines of a "fuck off" to someone else. The lines "difference is nobody cares about you" / "you got all the answers why nobody asked you.." lead me to think it's about someone other than former GNR members... unless its Adler.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:57 AM »

maybe it's about that former a&r guy , tom can't place his last name right now.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
littlefallsmets
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2008, 03:06:27 AM »

Quote from: Eva GnRAxlRosette
Takes ya back to Albany Pepsi Arena 11/27/2002 "The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'!"   Shocked

I was at that show! Rad!

(It's the Knickerbocker Arena, though, and no one can ever tell me any different.)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: