Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:56:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 75112 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2008, 02:27:18 AM »

The song is about more than Slash

I think its about Slash but mostly the fans to be honest.

How many times on this forum have we heard "Axl doesn't owe u anything?"

NObody owes u, not one god damn thing.

Its also about the fans with the "Just shut up and sing"   back when he'd do his rants etc

so yeah, there are parts about slash id imagine, parts about the old band in general, parts about the fans and parts about other people in his life that have hurt him or whatever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »

I really don't see the Slash thing at all,  it's about the fans IMO.  Too many lyrics in it don't work in reference to Slash.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:51 AM »

There is a if-I'm-rubber-you're-glue quality to those lyrics that I don't really care for.  nervous
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:11 AM »

This has become one of my favourite songs ever. I think I've listened to it like ten times today, I can't get enough.
I love how it builds into tht sabbath-like chorus.
I think that it might be about the fans. It can be about a lot of persons/things at the same time, but reading the lyrics made me think about us Tongue

The "But id dont want to do it" part really don't bother me, when I read about that before I heard the song I thought that it would be much worse than it was. I love that sighsound he makes in the beginning which can be found on Don't Cry too.
The chorus at 4.40 always sends chills down my back hihi
 The part that starts at 5.36 might be my favourite thing on the whole record.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:34:38 AM by Nighteyes » Logged

shit happens when you party naked
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »

I disagree. It may be about more than Slash (my second choice would be "everyone") but the quoted parts fit Slash 100%.

In my oppinion Sorry is about the fans, ex-bandmembers and ex-girlfriends/wife.

This part of the lyrics could be about Erin.

This could be about their relationship and marriage.

You know that i
Got under your skin
You sold your soul
But i won't let you win
You talk too much
You say i do

This is clearly about not staying true to your artistic vision, i.e. selling out. In the very essence it's about VR vs. GNR and Axl vs. Slash. Axl knowing he got under Slash's skin by the comments he's made over time.

And this could be an answer from Axl when he was acused by Erin of violently raping her during their relation. Erin claimed this during the courtcase somewhere in the early '90s.

You close your eyes
All well and good
I'll kick your ass
Like i said that i would

Explanation (this is gonna be kinky): Erin blindfolds herself during the sex they have and Axl told her that he is gonna fuck her in the ass and she agreeds with it.

And this one would translate to "Keep dreaming that any of your bands would ever equal GNR. You had it, you lost it. My band (GNR) will be superior just as I said".

Actually, I'm a little troubled by your lack of clear signs of sarcasm in your post...
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

I disagree. It may be about more than Slash (my second choice would be "everyone") but the quoted parts fit Slash 100%.

In my oppinion Sorry is about the fans, ex-bandmembers and ex-girlfriends/wife.

This part of the lyrics could be about Erin.

This could be about their relationship and marriage.

You know that i
Got under your skin
You sold your soul
But i won't let you win
You talk too much
You say i do

This is clearly about not staying true to your artistic vision, i.e. selling out. In the very essence it's about VR vs. GNR and Axl vs. Slash. Axl knowing he got under Slash's skin by the comments he's made over time.

Sorry if i have my own oppinion about the song.

Erin Everly,daughter of Don Everly from the Everly Brothers, dated and later married with Axl Rose the singer from the L.A. clubband Guns N' Roses. The Everly Brothers where an well respected band back in the days. Ever tought of it what the reaction was of her father when he founded out that his daughter dated a singer from a clubband? Axl wasn't probably good enough for his daughter and Axl did everything he could so that Erin choosed for him.

You know that i Got under your skin => about how true the love was between Axl and Erin.
You sold your soul But i won't let you win => about how hard it has to be for Erin to choose between her family and Axl.
You talk too much You say i do => about Erin's idea to get married and how she talks too much about it.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2008, 10:43:59 AM »

this is hands down, my favorite track on CD!!  love

it's unique, kick-ass, hard-ass, and Axl's vocals are just haunting!!!

the only thing that i wish, is that i could hear Sebastian Bach's vocals more in this song. this song is spot on PERFECT for him to sing, as well.  peace

this is my 14 year old's favorite track on CD, as well. (and he doesn't agree with me too often! LOL) 

i think it's about the fans, and just to the world, in general.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2008, 10:53:21 AM »

One of my favorite lines from the song is "You talk too much, you say I do...the difference is nobody cares about you". Oh dang. 0wn3d.
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2008, 11:08:24 AM »

I think you can narrow it down with who it's about if we could pinpoint when it was written.  Most of the tracks on the album were written many many years ago and tweaked for years and years.  The Scott Weiland and VR stuff has happened pretty recent (compared to how long it took to release the album).  My guess is it was written much longer ago than to be about Scott Weiland and VR...but I don't know for sure.  If it indeed has...it could be about really anybody that has been in a confrontation with Axl... Most of the people that have a problem with Axl all say the same things and do the same things anyway (which is why even the VR and Weiland philosophy works here too)...so it literally could be any and all of them...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

This has become one of my favourite songs ever. I think I've listened to it like ten times today, I can't get enough.
I love how it builds into tht sabbath-like chorus.
I think that it might be about the fans. It can be about a lot of persons/things at the same time, but reading the lyrics made me think about us Tongue

The "But id dont want to do it" part really don't bother me, when I read about that before I heard the song I thought that it would be much worse than it was. I love that sighsound he makes in the beginning which can be found on Don't Cry too.
The chorus at 4.40 always sends chills down my back hihi
The part that starts at 5.36 might be my favourite thing on the whole record.

that shit rocks! kinda agree with everything you said, except what it's about..

i think it's about the ones he feel sorry for, slash he feels sorry for the sad bastard, the hater fans he feel sorry for, then there's plenty of shit we've never heard of in axl's life, especially the last 15 years that it could be about, who knows, who cares, i think every one can interpret it however they want, if slash feels targeted, he probably should be
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »

This is one of the best GnR songs i have ever heard! Its so fucking badass! Love it !  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »

WOW! LIKE HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!

When I first heard this song, I was like eeh, its good. But it just didnt floor me like some of the others on the record. But then this song just has a way of fuckin creepin on you and I just keep finding myself singin it. Its now one of my favorites on the record. It has this weird way of being catchy, but in the total opposite way of how Better is catchy. Its so fuckin awesome. The music is perfect and Axl's voice is venomous. Amazing amazing song!
Evolution
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »

Reminds me a bit of "No Quarter". People were on the money with their descriptions of the song. Needs some more listens for it to fully sink in.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

I really like this song, it's in my top 4 for sure.

I wish they would of explored this side more.

I liked the drippy echoes and acoustics in the song. Great stuff...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »

I've seen someone describe the song as some kind of marriage of Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath, which is actually not too far off. This song definitley creeps up on you. Excellent stuff. Axl really gets his message across, aided by some amazing production and musical direction.

Punches slow, hits hard.
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2008, 03:02:16 PM »

"Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree.  It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me."

Wonder who this is about...Awesome line though...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2008, 03:05:36 PM »

Awesome, awesome song, really interesting lyrics and the solo's just  drool

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

Nice song this... One of my favourites after a couple of listens. Good simple foundation.

I can see what people mean about that one line at the start though. I'd completely forgotten to listen for it and then it dropped out of thespeakers like a lead balloon. lol
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

Can you imagine this one live.. It'd make for an awesome sing-a-long..

shit happens when you party naked
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »

The song makes me think its about Slash ? anyone else think that ?

no i know who it's about. ::)and it suits her im sure.did i say hidden message to someone ?
 Shocked

the one an only horsey !
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: