Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 442488 times)
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

Not going through the whole thread but they went straight to # 1 in Finland!  ok

edit: oh and on our radio I hear the songs constantly, the other day we drove to my father in laws and back and hear 3 songs off CD! the drive is 30 min in total, with a little break in between!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:06:25 AM by DarkFairy » Logged

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

Chinese Democracy has entered the Irish charts at number 3 for the week ending 27 November, the killers new album was at number 1

Ireland - 3
widevu
Headliner

I used to do a little

« Reply #362 on: November 28, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »

number 4 in belgium album chart

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #363 on: November 28, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »

#4 in Sweden.

Il Divo at #3.  Roll Eyes

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: November 28, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »

Ah that makes me proud to be Canadian. 
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #365 on: November 28, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »

The economy could be a huge factor too.

People barely have money for food and gas, let alone a new album.

I disagree.

History has proven that in times of financial crisis, people spend twice more on distractions ( theatres, restaurants AND music).

If people don't have enough money for food, then why would we have enough money to spend on music? Lol.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »

I disagree.

History has proven that in times of financial crisis, people spend twice more on distractions ( theatres, restaurants AND music).

If people don't have enough money for food, then why would we have enough money to spend on music? Lol.

no one said it was logical, but you'll find that bars also take a huge upturn in profits during financial crisis.

people want ways to avoid it.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »

I disagree.

no one said it was logical, but you'll find that bars also take a huge upturn in profits during financial crisis.

LOL. Well, I am buying the cd today hopefully, and I'm going to the bar tomorrow night. Maybe, there is some truth to it lol.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »

I disagree.

i work in a bar and we have had to let people go and were a popular place.  Not only that but we have had tons of applications come in over the past month because ex servers and bartenders are out of business

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »

I disagree.

i work in a bar and we have had to let people go and were a popular place.  Not only that but we have had tons of applications come in over the past month because ex servers and bartenders are out of business

quite odd. i guess it depends on where you are as much as anything then, but everywhere around me the bars/pubs are taking more.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109816

GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy", has registered the following first-week chart positions so far (Note: The album wasn't available a full week in most of these territories when the charts were compiled):

Finland: #1
Ireland: #3
Netherlands: #4
Sweden: #4

Early U.S. sales reports suggest that "Chinese Democracy", which was released through an exclusive deal with the Best Buy chain, might not be the blockbuster the industry had hoped for, according to The New York Times. Sales figures will not be available until next week, but early estimates put the first-week total at 300,000 copies (including a reported 25,000 downloads at iTunes on November 23 not counted towards the opening week for the Sunday release) ? roughly 50,000 more than the opening number registered by "Contraband", the 2004 debut from VELVET REVOLVER, which features in its ranks Rose's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmates Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. KANYE WEST's new album, "808s and Heartbreak", will be No. 1 on next week's Billboard chart with a total that looks to be between 450,000 and 500,000.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »

Sales figures will not be available until next week, but early estimates put the first-week total at 300,000 copies

KANYE WEST's new album, "808s and Heartbreak", will be No. 1 on next week's Billboard chart with a total that looks to be between 450,000 and 500,000.

If this turns out to be true, the Best Buy idea was a bust.

Seriously, why not just release it to every retailer?  Put it everywhere, instead of just one store that some people don't even go to.

demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

Sales figures will not be available until next week, but early estimates put the first-week total at 300,000 copies

KANYE WEST's new album, "808s and Heartbreak", will be No. 1 on next week's Billboard chart with a total that looks to be between 450,000 and 500,000.

Seriously, why not just release it to every retailer?  Put it everywhere, instead of just one store that some people don't even go to.

Label gets a lot of cash up front from the exclusive retailer, regardless of eventual sales... And with such expense having gone into the album it was probably a smart move on their part.

And even for retailers, its about getting people into the store as much as actual disc sales.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:42:19 PM by demo23nz » Logged
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »

Label gets a lot of cash up front from the exclusive retailer, regardless of eventual sales... And with such expense having gone into the album it was probably a smart move on their part.

And even for retailers, its about getting people into the store as much as actual disc sales.

Relax, rock albums will sell years, sometimes even decades. Kanyewests are usually number one a week or two and then disappear from charts quite fast.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »

Relax, rock albums will sell years, sometimes even decades. Kanyewests are usually number one a week or two and then disappear from charts quite fast.

Relax?
I'm quite relaxed. Cheesy
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »

LOL, Everyone one of Kanye West's albums have charted high, three at number one, if this one does.

I'm pretty sure he's not just going to go away any time soon.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »

LOL, Everyone one of Kanye West's albums have charted high, three at number one, if this one does.

Yes he sells about 1 million first week but then drops right off.  Not syaing he is going away just rock albums tend to have a steady stream of buyers not so much of a spike
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »

Good rock does not have the flavor of the month lifespan like rap/hip-hop does. . Just look at Dark Side of the Moon.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »

One can always hope so. I would love for him to disappear forever!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »

Guns debuted at # 3 in Poland  beer

http://www.olis.onyx.pl/listy/index.asp?lang=

those little squares with numbers before G N'R or other artists names means: first column: "n" = nowość (new); second: position in actual chart; third: weeks spent on chart; fourth: highest position on chart

Great debut for just 3 days in stores!  ok

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: