Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:10:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 138662 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »

Now that's the proper way to respond.  Embrace the fans/potential listeners, don't turn against them.

Ugh...does it ever end.

You should probably let it go at this point, man.  I think they got the point  hihi

Ali
GonzaNKetchup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »

Guys, the billboard chart it's out?
I belive it's weekly, isnt it?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

102.1 The Edge were taking phone calls for an hour here in Toronto and callers were ripping apart! Yeeeeoouch! People are commenting on the blog as well and you get the DJs take(I'll transcribe it here):

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/BTsBlog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10012068

Six words I never thought I?d say: ?Chinese Democracy on 102.1 the Edge?. Is that six words? ?102.1? is a number. In word form its five I guess. One-oh-two-point-one. Could have gone with ?CFNY?. That?s not really a word either. Maybe just ?the Edge?. We?re off topic.

Chinese Democracy. Some music fans thought that would become a reality before Guns N? Roses released another song. HEY OH! Seriously though, it took forever for this song to come out.

Now it?s out. Do you like it? Was it even possible for this song to live up to it?s hype? Probably not. Jesus could?ve replaced Slash and there?d still be cynics, ?whatever, it?s not as good as his last resurrection.?

Let?s be honest though, the song isn?t that bad. Axl wails like we want him to. The guitar and drums are fist pumpin good throughout the verses. The chorus is weak. Axl goes too deep and there?s zero hook. As for the lead guitar?it?s not Slash. That might not be fair but that?s reality. It?s like watching Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards, ?hey look, MJ is wagging his tongue!? Yeah cool, but he?s 40 and the team blows.

Soda drinking Americans will love this song. Last March Dr. Pepper announced it would giveaway free cans of the beverage should GN?R release their LP before 2009. Dr. Pepper told MTV News that, while additional details will be forthcoming, the company's plan to distribute free cans of its product will involve some sort of an online coupon system.

So. Chinese Democracy is out and being played on 102.1 the Edge. The song is good. If it were released by Nickleback or Staind it would be a top 40 hit in rural Canada and America. The fact that Axl Rose sings the song and the name Guns N? Roses is attached to it takes it to the next level in main stream media. Ah the main stream, these waters are frigid. 

I think it's a fair review.

Ya the station is playing it less and less each day... haven't played it once yet today and the day is already half over.

You can vote and comment on the song on their website here:

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10011679

This is an alternative station, right?  If so, why is it surprising that they would have an adverse reaction to more mainstream rock?  That's the way things have always been with alt rock fans.  They think alt rock is more refined and above mainstream hard rock and metal.

Ali
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »

Another place to request: http://www.1063thebuzz.com/content_page.php?pid=requests

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »

Edge is a big station in Toronto,

They want to know if they should play Chinese Democracy

Go here to vote:

I voted but we're only @ 49%  Embarrassed

The Edge is a HUGE Online Station and one of the biggest stations in Toronto which is the 4th biggest market in Canada / USA. We need to get this one higher!

ok

We were up in the 80% but now we're down to 64%
 Angry

Keep voting please!

They're going to be talking about Chinese Democracy in a few minutes. You can listen Online @ www.edge.ca then Click Listen Live @ the Top of the Page

And Keep Voting please!

ok

Down to 58% now.

WTF happened???
 Huh

edgerequests@edge.ca

You can also email them here to request Chinese Democracy.

ok

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

Now that's the proper way to respond.  Embrace the fans/potential listeners, don't turn against them.

Ugh...does it ever end.

You should probably let it go at this point, man.  I think they got the point  hihi

Ali

Yeah that was the last email I'm wasting time sending to them.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »

heard the song on planet rock radio station today. The guy from snow patrol was in the studio and said it may get better with a few listens.

The DJ (dont know who) seemed to like it, but said he had never heard a song that divided opinion so much than this one.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #347 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

Pump Your Own Octane top 5 tonight, on Sirius Octane 20 was as follows.

5) Jet Black Stare ? Ready To Roll

4) Saliva ? Family Reunion

3) Five Finger Death Punch ? Stranger Than Fiction

2) Rob Zombie ? War Zone

1) Guns N? Roses ? Chinese Democracy

It's been #1 every night I've listened so far.  I missed last night and Friday, but I imagine it got #1 both those nights as well.  I missed the Real Rock 20, which they have every Sunday, so I'm not sure how it fared there or if it was even eligible since it came out midweek last week.  They re-air it tomorrow at 5, so I'll try and catch it then.

Tonight's Pump Your Own Octane.  Interesting that NONE of the songs from tonight were repeats from last night, except of course for Chinese Democracy.  CD also wasn't on the real rock 20 for last week, unless it was # 18-20, I missed those.  Maybe it wasn't in rotation long enough, not sure exactly how they go about tabulating that.

5) Tantric ? Fall Down

4) Kid Rock ? Rock N? Roll Jesus

3) Puddle Of Mudd ? Livin? On Borrowed Time

2) Metallica ? My Apocalypse

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2008, 08:28:58 AM »

2) Rob Zombie ? War Zone

It's been #1 every night I've listened so far.  I missed last night and Friday, but I imagine it got #1 both those nights as well.  I missed the Real Rock 20, which they have every Sunday, so I'm not sure how it fared there or if it was even eligible since it came out midweek last week.  They re-air it tomorrow at 5, so I'll try and catch it then.

Tonight's Pump Your Own Octane.  Interesting that NONE of the songs from tonight were repeats from last night, except of course for Chinese Democracy.  CD also wasn't on the real rock 20 for last week, unless it was # 18-20, I missed those.  Maybe it wasn't in rotation long enough, not sure exactly how they go about tabulating that.

5) Tantric ? Fall Down

only two good songs there are metallica's and CD  peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »

2) Rob Zombie ? War Zone

5) Tantric ? Fall Down

Only one good song on that list...Axl's new hit single.  Cool

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »

Some of you guys need to do a little homework before emailing DJ's.  If the song is already in rotation, there is no need to call and request it, and certainly not send an email that is so childish that it could back fire for GNR.  If the song is in rotation, it will be played a few times a day and plenty of people will hear it.  Now if a station just isn't playing the song at all, then yeah, make a call or send a quick email.  But continuely sending emails will probably only get them irritated about GNR fans and might even cause them to not play future material as much.  Im embarassed as a fan of GNR after reading that last email about someone sucking Axls dick.  

For example, earlier I posted that im in palm springs and hadn't heard them play it here in a couple days.  I simply made a call and talked to the girl. She said it wasn't in the rotation, but that it should be because she was getting requests.  I said ok, but it would be cool to hear it.  An hour later, it was played by another DJ.  So I called the new DJ who played it and thanked him for playing it, saying that it was good to hear. Its that simple people.  Don't make a bad name for GNR or the fans.

What the DJ asked me next was interesting however.  He asked if i was a record guy?   I said no, and he said don't Fuck with me... lol  I said no again and asked him why as i was curious now.  He said that they have been getting calls from people outside the area requesting the song to make sure that its getting played.  He said that record companys do this for some bands.  This made me think that the record company has people working to make sure this song gets out there to people, which will only help sales. I found this interesting and it told me that i don't think we need to worry too much about GNR getting out there.  

However, it kinda made me worry for another reason.  If GNR has people calling all over the states or even world, how exact are those official numbers of Chinese Democracy being played on the air?  Is it really a true indication of people wanting it or are the numbers scewed because of the record company pushing it?  

Ill be anxious to see how sales go with the album.  Because i would bet that the numbers on chinese democracy are indeed a little scewed.  It just seems to me that for every person out there who might like this song, there are 10 people who can't get over the fact that slash is gone, dont like Axl, or just don't care to hear about GNR anymore.

For these reasons, i can't wait to see GNRs huge promotional plan keep unfolding as i believe they will need it.  I really believe its like starting over for Axl and that he and GNR need to do as much as they can to sell this thing and get big again.  That is of course if they do want to be huge again.        

It's probably GN'R fans like us calling and emailing, not the label.

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »

102.1 The Edge were taking phone calls for an hour here in Toronto and callers were ripping apart! Yeeeeoouch! People are commenting on the blog as well and you get the DJs take(I'll transcribe it here):

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/BTsBlog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10012068

Six words I never thought I?d say: ?Chinese Democracy on 102.1 the Edge?. Is that six words? ?102.1? is a number. In word form its five I guess. One-oh-two-point-one. Could have gone with ?CFNY?. That?s not really a word either. Maybe just ?the Edge?. We?re off topic.

Chinese Democracy. Some music fans thought that would become a reality before Guns N? Roses released another song. HEY OH! Seriously though, it took forever for this song to come out.

Now it?s out. Do you like it? Was it even possible for this song to live up to it?s hype? Probably not. Jesus could?ve replaced Slash and there?d still be cynics, ?whatever, it?s not as good as his last resurrection.?

Let?s be honest though, the song isn?t that bad. Axl wails like we want him to. The guitar and drums are fist pumpin good throughout the verses. The chorus is weak. Axl goes too deep and there?s zero hook. As for the lead guitar?it?s not Slash. That might not be fair but that?s reality. It?s like watching Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards, ?hey look, MJ is wagging his tongue!? Yeah cool, but he?s 40 and the team blows.

Soda drinking Americans will love this song. Last March Dr. Pepper announced it would giveaway free cans of the beverage should GN?R release their LP before 2009. Dr. Pepper told MTV News that, while additional details will be forthcoming, the company's plan to distribute free cans of its product will involve some sort of an online coupon system.

So. Chinese Democracy is out and being played on 102.1 the Edge. The song is good. If it were released by Nickleback or Staind it would be a top 40 hit in rural Canada and America. The fact that Axl Rose sings the song and the name Guns N? Roses is attached to it takes it to the next level in main stream media. Ah the main stream, these waters are frigid. 

I think it's a fair review.

Ya the station is playing it less and less each day... haven't played it once yet today and the day is already half over.

You can vote and comment on the song on their website here:

I haven't heard it in the last 2 days and I've been listening all day.

edgerequests@edge.ca

Please email and request it!

ok

coolidge
Opening Act

« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

Adam 12 rocks!  Listen to streaming WBCN! All his songs are great.  Posting my emails with him.  beer

To: Claire Wison <clairewison@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:58:58 PM
Subject: RE: Hey! Chinese Democracy

Nice!  I love TT?s?great divey rock venue.

I?ll try to get the new GNR on later today?if not, tomorrow.

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:57 PM
To: WBCN Adam12
Subject: Hey! Chinese Democracy

Hey dude! I have lived in Back Bay, Watertown and now Cambridge for 12 years...my friends and I hang out at the Cantab, Middle East and TT's cuz I love music.  Love your support of Guns n Roses.  You've got my loyalty!  You're the best.  By the way... glad your are keeping Sublime out there as well! 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

Adam 12 rocks!  Listen to streaming WBCN! All his songs are great.  Posting my emails with him.  beer

To: Claire Wison <clairewison@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:58:58 PM
Subject: RE: Hey! Chinese Democracy

Nice!  I love TT?s?great divey rock venue.

I?ll try to get the new GNR on later today?if not, tomorrow.

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:57 PM
To: WBCN Adam12
Subject: Hey! Chinese Democracy

Hey dude! I have lived in Back Bay, Watertown and now Cambridge for 12 years...my friends and I hang out at the Cantab, Middle East and TT's cuz I love music.  Love your support of Guns n Roses.  You've got my loyalty!  You're the best.  By the way... glad your are keeping Sublime out there as well! 

Nice e-mail.  Polite response from the guy, too.

They said the other day that they have the song in "power rotation" meaning that it cannot be played anymore.  Hopefully, they'll play it again.

Last I saw, it was the #1 requested song on WAAF too.

Ali
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

hey maybe someone could start a petition to get dj's fired for making fun of us?  look, i've known plenty of nerds my whole life and there's NOTHING nerdy about supporting your favorite band.  fuck these arrogant assholes.  they're so biased they wouldn't admit that the new song rocks.

i hate those assholes so much.  i wish there was some way we could show that hate.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2008, 02:46:04 PM »

Ugh...does it ever end.

Yeah Adam sounds real supportive of the GnR fanbase...

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

Guys,

Please put some requests in here in Houston. I called them this morning and asked why they've stopped playing it, they said "We love the song but we've seen little to no intrest, so we only play it after 10pm."

4th largest city in America needs some GN'R lovin'!

TEXAS - 94.5 The Buzz (Texas): http://www.thebuzz.com/pages/contact.html

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »

hey maybe someone could start a petition to get dj's fired for making fun of us?  look, i've known plenty of nerds my whole life and there's NOTHING nerdy about supporting your favorite band.  fuck these arrogant assholes.  they're so biased they wouldn't admit that the new song rocks.

i hate those assholes so much.  i wish there was some way we could show that hate.
At this stage there's no point trying to show the hate. As fans we're eager to hear our favourite band on the airwaves and it's gonna get played anyway. Its been a long time since the GNR rocked the world properly and it'll probably take a few weeks after the album release until the other people realise Axl's back! I believe there's gonna be some major hits come out of this album and although I love Chinese Democracy I don't think it's the big song that's gonna throw them back into the limelight. I think the album release will do that along with a music video and a new tour. I can't wait for it to happen but all we need is just a little patience. We've waited long enough but we haven't much longer to wait Smiley

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »

Guys,

Please put some requests in here in Houston. I called them this morning and asked why they've stopped playing it, they said "We love the song but we've seen little to no intrest, so we only play it after 10pm."

4th largest city in America needs some GN'R lovin'!

TEXAS - 94.5 The Buzz (Texas): http://www.thebuzz.com/pages/contact.html

True. After 10 PM? We can't allow that. E-mail the music director at karahleigh@clearchannel.com.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »

http://www.kroq-data.com/request/

Lets voter up. We were 1. Dropped to 4.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: