Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 138666 times)
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

I hope everyone has gotten to hear it on their local stations! It really is an awesome feeling when it comes on.

True.

It really stands out among the rest of the music that I hear on the radio.

Just heard the final 2 minutes of the song here in Philly. Sounded great. Of course.

Best part though... afterward the DJ says... "Man... I really love that track."beer

Which station was that?

/jarmo

Which station in Philly did you hear it.  I just looked up all the songs played on WMMR today, and they payed it once (just a few minutes ago at 8:36 EST), but I would say it definitely isn't played enough in this area.  I heard Don't Cry and November Rain on WYSP today, but no CD. 

I completely agree with Jarmo that it is completely different then anything you hear on the radio today, which is what makes GnR the best!  I would just like to hear it on the radio more in the Philly area.  I guess in two weeks it won't matter because I'll be listening to it whenever I want.  Still can't believe I'm saying that  ok
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:58:50 PM by Electric Sintar » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2008, 04:30:33 PM »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but CD is on XFM's playlist (both the London and Manchester stations).

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2008, 04:39:40 PM »

I hear it on the radio at least twice a day, and granted I drive in about 30 or less minute intervals. 107.1 The Bone here in NJ/PA. All the DJ's love it, though some are still skeptical on whether or not it'll finally get released!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

http://www.eddietrunk.com/   <SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT..
luis-III
Opening Act

« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »

Don t stop to vote!!!! peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »

#1 on Sirius Octane's Real Rock 20 for the second straight week.  Countdown was as follows.

20) Vayden - The One You Left Behind
19) Digital Summer - Whatever It Takes
18) Eve To Adam - Gift
17) Saliva - Family Reunion
16) Mudvayne - Do What You Do
15) Shinedown - Second Chance
14) Framing Hanley - Lollipop
13) Five Finger Death Punch - Stranger Than Fiction
12) Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth
11) Rob Zombie - War Zone
10) Volbeat - Sad Man's Tongue
9) In This Moment - Forever
Cool Motley Crue - MF Of The Year
7) All That Remains - Two Weeks
6) Disturbed - Indestructible
5) Theory Of A Deadman - Hate My Life
4) Slipknot - Psychosocial
3) Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
2) Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:59 PM »

http://www.eddietrunk.com/   <SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT..

Done!  Keep up the voting folks!  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »

Since we constantly are bombarding the online polls with our votes, I thought I'd make an appeal for a "poll" that's more permanent. 

If anyone uses rateyourmusic.com, it's a site that allows users to review and rate albums they've heard.  As you might expect, haters abound and CD, two weeks before it's even released, languishes with a measly 2.69/5 average rating.  But, with only 35 ratings, it's a weak average (my "5" just raised it 0.1).  So head over, sign up if you aren't already (they don't even require an email), and rate the damned thing!

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/guns_n_roses/chinese_democracy/

This rating will be posted online well after every poll put up by every bitter jock has long faded away.  So "5" it up, people.  Even if you actually wait to have it in hand before rating, every good rating helps.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »

I called the Buzz in Houston every day morning, noon and night to no avail. Finally, the DJ gave me a straight answer.

The DJ yesterday said, "Man I want to play it... I'm with you but the first 40 seconds of that song are crap. I'm with ya' man but the powers that be won't let us have that much dead air before a song. If you really want to hear it we are going to need allot more calls."

PLEASE people, lets get this song played in the 4th largest city in America.

The Buzz

713-212-5945
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:53:42 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »

Why don't they do what most stations do and cut out most of the intro?  Pretty simple really.  It's called editing.  While I think the intro is cool, I can understand stations maybe not wanting to play it.  However, it IS possible to cut out 40 seconds rather than refusing to play an entire song.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

I know. It sucks. I asked him to do his talking over the intro. He said it was too much work for a song no-one has been requesting. I don't get it.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #431 on: November 11, 2008, 09:53:10 AM »

The Buzz

713-212-5945

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

I know. It sucks. I asked him to do his talking over the intro. He said it was too much work for a song no-one has been requesting. I don't get it.

No one's requesting it, likely, because no one in your market has HEARD it.

Email him the billboard charts showing that it's getting HUGE numbers of spins (based off requests) around the country.

Then tell him all they have to do is edit the first 40 seconds of the song, like the rest of the country has when playing it.  I haven't heard the first 40 seconds since the very FIRST time my local station played it.  It literally takes about 20 seconds to set a post on the song, one time.

I suspect the guy is just being a jerk-off.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #433 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

Just a quick update on the radio airplay.  "Chinese Democracy" just moved up to #4 on Mainstream Rock with the largest week to week increase in spins.  Still holding strong at #8 on Active Rock with again the largest week to week increase in spins for any song in the top 50 of that chart.  Also, the song is #24 on the Alternative chart with the fifth largest increase in spins on stations with that format.

Ali

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #434 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »

http://www.kroq-data.com/request/

Get back on there making some requests everyone lol

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #435 on: November 14, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »

I hope everyone has gotten to hear it on their local stations! It really is an awesome feeling when it comes on.

I know I'm a little late to the game here, but I finally heard it on the radio....and it is an awesome feeling.

I'll have to do more driving around.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #436 on: November 15, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »

Just a quick update on the radio airplay.  "Chinese Democracy" just moved up to #4 on Mainstream Rock with the largest week to week increase in spins.  Still holding strong at #8 on Active Rock with again the largest week to week increase in spins for any song in the top 50 of that chart.  Also, the song is #24 on the Alternative chart with the fifth largest increase in spins on stations with that format.

Ali

Quick update - "Chinese Democracy" is up to #3 on Mainstream Rock with the second largest increase in spins of any song in that format and is still holding strong on Active Rock at #8 with increased spins.

Ali
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #437 on: November 15, 2008, 04:45:32 PM »

Lets get that up to number 1...Weird that they'd pull the plug on this single already as Monday there will be a new single, I'm thinking Better.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #438 on: November 15, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »

Chinese Democracy is now #1 on 97.7 Hitz FM's "Top 9 @ 9" in Toronto, took it awhile to get ahead of AC/DC!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #439 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »

Chinese Democracy is now #1 on 97.7 Hitz FM's "Top 9 @ 9" in Toronto, took it awhile to get ahead of AC/DC!

Glad to hear it!  The song is doing well still.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: