Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 139103 times)
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »

what a tool, i think i might email him too.
GeraldFord
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »

I emailed him too...

But please people, try to be mature and not write "hey man, don't be a motherfucker, guns n roses rues!1!1!1!."
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »

OK I've emailed that asshole DJ from WBCN. This is what I said:

Subject: Greetings from Ireland

Hello Dan, can't believe how unprofessional you. Aren't you supposed to be a radio DJ? You would expect someone like yourself to know something about music but instead your head seems to be wedged firmly up your own arse. Quote from yourself to Anthony Maurizio: "RADIO STATIONS DON"T PLAY REQUESTS!!!! They stopped doing that in 1988. Same year anyone gave a shit about GNR" You obviously aren't happy in your job and get more amusement from abusing radio listeners. Thousands of people around the world are anticipating the release of Guns N' Roses' new album and are eager to hear the new single on the airwaves. Why would not want to play this? Maybe you don't like the song or just don't like Guns N' Roses but that's still no reason not to play what people want to hear. You're response to the listener is appauling. Professional DJs in my country would never respond to a listener like that. You should be dismissed from your job because you obviously don't want to be there. Your email has been posted online and is getting alot of people pissed off. I'll be forwarding your email to your fellow workers just to get another opinion on what kind of person you are. Feel free to abuse me if you wish. I couldn't give a flying fuck.
regards,
G

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »

You just whooped that guy's ass.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »

Sent ONE message to this guy asking him if he would 'please' play the new GnR track...

Ooops, he's calling some of you peeps out, lol.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »

Sent ONE message to this guy asking him if he would 'please' play the new GnR track...

Oh I am so emailing him.

I'm guessing from the Bruins logo that you are in Boston. 

If you do e-mail this clown, you gotta post the e-mail you send and his response.  Tell that guy that Boston wants to hear GN'R  ok

Ali

No I'm actually in Toronto, just a huge Bruin fan!

Fuck it.

E-mail this tool.  I will too.  He deserves to be told off, not for refusing to play GN'R, but for being so incredibly rude and unprofessional.

Ali

I emailed him. I'll post his response if I get one.

Here's what I got:

--- On Tue, 10/28/08, O'Brien, Dan <dobrien@wbcn.com> wrote:

> From: O'Brien, Dan <dobrien@wbcn.com>
> Subject: RE: Song Request
> To:
> Received: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 3:25 PM
> My bad; it aired at 2:09pm and I emailed you around
> 3:01pm...
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From:
> Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:21 PM
> To: O'Brien, Dan
> Subject: RE: Song Request
>
> You played it 20 minutes ago? In the last 20 minutes I only
> heard U2,
> Sublime & Nirvana and you guys talking about writing a
> movie script.
>
>
> --- On Tue, 10/28/08, O'Brien, Dan
> <dobrien@wbcn.com> wrote:
>
> > From: O'Brien, Dan <dobrien@wbcn.com>
> > Subject: RE: Song Request
> > To:
> > Received: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 3:01 PM
> > So then you obviously heard us play "Chinese
> > Democracy" about 20 minutes
> > ago and by listening you would know that it is in a
> > "power" rotation
> > here at WBCN, along with Metallica, AC/DC, The
> Offspring
> > and Rise
> > Against.
> > It cannot spin anymore than it is already.
> > Thanks for listening
> > Dan
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: 
> > Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:55 PM
> > To: O'Brien, Dan
> > Subject: RE: Song Request
> >
> > Yes I listen online @ work. I'm listening now.
> > Your listening area is worldwide on the web
>
> >
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > --- On Tue, 10/28/08, O'Brien, Dan
> > <dobrien@wbcn.com> wrote:
> >
> > > From: O'Brien, Dan <dobrien@wbcn.com>
> > > Subject: RE: Song Request
> > > To:
> > > Received: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 1:59 PM
> > > Have you been listening to WBCN?
> > > Are you even in the listening area??
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From:
> > > Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:53 PM
> > > To: O'Brien, Dan
> > > Subject: Song Request
> > >
> > > Could you please play Chinese Democracy by Guns
> N'
> > > Roses? I can't get
> > > enough of that tune!!
> > >
> > > Thanks!

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »

Good job, dude!

You were polite and respectful.  Had he responded in an unprofessional manner it would have been all on him.

Good to know it's in power rotation.

Ali
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »

WBCN has played the song 17 times this week, mainly during the overnight, midday, and evening hours.  It is currently the 7th most played current song on that station, behind Weezer, Rise Against, Offspring, AC/DC, Metallica, and Snow Patrol.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2008, 04:34:36 PM »

WBCN has played the song 17 times this week, mainly during the overnight, midday, and evening hours.  It is currently the 7th most played current song on that station, behind Weezer, Rise Against, Offspring, AC/DC, Metallica, and Snow Patrol.
That's cool, but Dan O'Brien was still a rude fucker in his response to the request

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
GeraldFord
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »

Those other band's songs have been out for a while now, so maybe GN'R will move up on the list. Didn't know anyone cared about the Offspring though... Embarrassed hihi
Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »

Here is what i sent him thois morning

Hey buddy just cause Axl wont let you suck his dick, does not mean you should not be playing chinese democracy.  You sent the most insulting reply to a radio listener wich is now posted on chat boards all around the world.  I think your just bitter cause you were expecting the music to suck which of course it does not; so instead of refuting any negative comments, you need to save face on thair while we all know you masterbate to the genious of chinese democracy when your all alone.  Your show sucks by the way.

His reply
Eric?

I?m a huge GNR fan and happen to love the song

I was just curious as to why GNR Fans feel the need to make sure that everyone else feels the same way that they do and God forbid if you don?t!

You?ll fell the wrath of GNR Super-Fans!!!

The song ?Chinese Democracy? is in a ?power? rotation here, which means it cannot be played anymore than it already is.

But you wouldn?t know that because you?re not listening.

It?s the absolute insecurity of GNR Fans that make me laugh!

italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »

Yeah I do not know why O'Brien snapped at me.

The e-mail I sent simply read: 'Please play Chinese Democracy! I love that song.'

I think its great that the GnR fans are being heard and noticed by radio stations...haha.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
GeraldFord
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

Hey buddy just cause Axl wont let you suck his dick, does not mean you should not be playing chinese democracy.  You sent the most insulting reply to a radio listener wich is now posted on chat boards all around the world.  I think your just bitter cause you were expecting the music to suck which of course it does not; so instead of refuting any negative comments, you need to save face on thair while we all know you masterbate to the genious of chinese democracy when your all alone.  Your show sucks by the way.

For fuck's sake, don't email DJs stuff like this! It makes all GN'R fans look like retards and it isn't going to help promote the album.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »

Here is what i sent him thois morning

Hey buddy just cause Axl wont let you suck his dick, does not mean you should not be playing chinese democracy.  You sent the most insulting reply to a radio listener wich is now posted on chat boards all around the world.  I think your just bitter cause you were expecting the music to suck which of course it does not; so instead of refuting any negative comments, you need to save face on thair while we all know you masterbate to the genious of chinese democracy when your all alone.  Your show sucks by the way.

His reply
Eric?

I?m a huge GNR fan and happen to love the song

I was just curious as to why GNR Fans feel the need to make sure that everyone else feels the same way that they do and God forbid if you don?t!

You?ll fell the wrath of GNR Super-Fans!!!

The song ?Chinese Democracy? is in a ?power? rotation here, which means it cannot be played anymore than it already is.

But you wouldn?t know that because you?re not listening.

It?s the absolute insecurity of GNR Fans that make me laugh!

While I found your e-mail humorous, I have to say it wasn't the most mature way to go, man.  Though I don't think it will have an effect ultimately, why run the risk of alienating a station that is by their own admission playing the song in heavy rotation?

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »

Yeah I do not know why O'Brien snapped at me.

The e-mail I sent simply read: 'Please play Chinese Democracy! I love that song.'

I think its great that the GnR fans are being heard and noticed by radio stations...haha.

You definitely did not deserve that response.  The guy owes you an apology.

Ali
Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »

For me it was all jokes; in all honesty fair to say not the most mature, but if you take notice prior to my email he was rude, not that i wasn't but his response was little different then people stopped giving a shit in 88, dont ya think, yeah?
Olorin
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2008, 05:21:10 PM »

I think there is a danger of stations being spammed and its obviously due to fan sites, that might have a negative effect in the long run.

I text or email my local station, Rock Radio which is in the West of Scotland every few days and it usually comes on within an hour, I dont bother with Radio 1 because I dont listen to it and they usually have the show planned out beforehand.

If the song actually gets released for purchase then it will chart and it will get airplay on Radio1, they only really give shit about the top 20 or the bands that have been charting high for the last couple of years.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: October 28, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

Some of you guys need to do a little homework before emailing DJ's.  If the song is already in rotation, there is no need to call and request it, and certainly not send an email that is so childish that it could back fire for GNR.  If the song is in rotation, it will be played a few times a day and plenty of people will hear it.  Now if a station just isn't playing the song at all, then yeah, make a call or send a quick email.  But continuely sending emails will probably only get them irritated about GNR fans and might even cause them to not play future material as much.  Im embarassed as a fan of GNR after reading that last email about someone sucking Axls dick.  

For example, earlier I posted that im in palm springs and hadn't heard them play it here in a couple days.  I simply made a call and talked to the girl. She said it wasn't in the rotation, but that it should be because she was getting requests.  I said ok, but it would be cool to hear it.  An hour later, it was played by another DJ.  So I called the new DJ who played it and thanked him for playing it, saying that it was good to hear. Its that simple people.  Don't make a bad name for GNR or the fans.

What the DJ asked me next was interesting however.  He asked if i was a record guy?   I said no, and he said don't Fuck with me... lol  I said no again and asked him why as i was curious now.  He said that they have been getting calls from people outside the area requesting the song to make sure that its getting played.  He said that record companys do this for some bands.  This made me think that the record company has people working to make sure this song gets out there to people, which will only help sales. I found this interesting and it told me that i don't think we need to worry too much about GNR getting out there.  

However, it kinda made me worry for another reason.  If GNR has people calling all over the states or even world, how exact are those official numbers of Chinese Democracy being played on the air?  Is it really a true indication of people wanting it or are the numbers scewed because of the record company pushing it?  

Ill be anxious to see how sales go with the album.  Because i would bet that the numbers on chinese democracy are indeed a little scewed.  It just seems to me that for every person out there who might like this song, there are 10 people who can't get over the fact that slash is gone, dont like Axl, or just don't care to hear about GNR anymore.

For these reasons, i can't wait to see GNRs huge promotional plan keep unfolding as i believe they will need it.  I really believe its like starting over for Axl and that he and GNR need to do as much as they can to sell this thing and get big again.  That is of course if they do want to be huge again.        

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »

Some of you guys need to do a little homework before emailing DJ's.  If the song is already in rotation, there is no need to call and request it, and certainly not send an email that is so childish that it could back fire for GNR.  If the song is in rotation, it will be played a few times a day and plenty of people will hear it.  Now if a station just isn't playing the song at all, then yeah, make a call or send a quick email.  But continuely sending emails will probably only get them irritated about GNR fans and might even cause them to not play future material as much.  Im embarassed as a fan of GNR after reading that last email about someone sucking Axls dick.  

For example, earlier I posted that im in palm springs and hadn't heard them play it here in a couple days.  I simply made a call and talked to the girl. She said it wasn't in the rotation, but that it should be because she was getting requests.  I said ok, but it would be cool to hear it.  An hour later, it was played by another DJ.  So I called the new DJ who played it and thanked him for playing it, saying that it was good to hear. Its that simple people.  Don't make a bad name for GNR or the fans.

What the DJ asked me next was interesting however.  He asked if i was a record guy?   I said no, and he said don't Fuck with me... lol  I said no again and asked him why as i was curious now.  He said that they have been getting calls from people outside the area requesting the song to make sure that its getting played.  He said that record companys do this for some bands.  This made me think that the record company has people working to make sure this song gets out there to people, which will only help sales. I found this interesting and it told me that i don't think we need to worry too much about GNR getting out there.  

However, it kinda made me worry for another reason.  If GNR has people calling all over the states or even world, how exact are those official numbers of Chinese Democracy being played on the air?  Is it really a true indication of people wanting it or are the numbers scewed because of the record company pushing it?  

Ill be anxious to see how sales go with the album.  Because i would bet that the numbers on chinese democracy are indeed a little scewed.  It just seems to me that for every person out there who might like this song, there are 10 people who can't get over the fact that slash is gone, dont like Axl, or just don't care to hear about GNR anymore.

For these reasons, i can't wait to see GNRs huge promotional plan keep unfolding as i believe they will need it.  I really believe its like starting over for Axl and that he and GNR need to do as much as they can to sell this thing and get big again.  That is of course if they do want to be huge again.        

It's possible that the label has people calling in requesting the song.  But, the fact is, that DJ doesn't know that.  He's just speculating.  It very well could be fans.

Record companies have in the past pushed radio stations to have their artists' songs played.  I don't think it's anything new.  But, more importantly without quantifying how much it has happened at this radio station and at radio stations across the country, it's impossible to say how much of a skewing effect, if any, it is having.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #319 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »

Any and every band that has a devoted fanbase gets the word out to get their songs played on radio.  It's nothing new.  I'm sure Metallica fans, ACDC fans, they've all done their part to push forward their favorite bands popularity.  I don't think the answer is for GNR fans to NOT call and request the song, just so we can see how the song would do without our help.  I will agree, we should be a little more courteous in telling DJ's off.  Let's not go overboard.  Some DJ's have their own agendas, but in the end they really don't have that much control over what they play.  If a DJ hates Axl, yet GNR is getting major requests, they can't refuse to play the song.  Well, maybe they could, but I don't think the program director would be happy with them.  So I say keep requesting, keep voting, keep doing what you're doing, let's just not resort to being internet tough guys and insulting and swearing at DJ's across the globe.  There's other ways to go about it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: