Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134069 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #680 on: October 20, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »

LOL 5 or maybe 6 songs on that tracklisting were part of one of the biggest world tours in 2006.
Better leak was played worldwide on 1st class radios
Madagascar hass been seen by 14 million people at the MTV VMA 2002

Almost anybody who owns a gnr album knows about chinese and heard new material dude

But can you buy them?

Can you walk into a record store and buy the album, take it home and listen to them the way they were intended to be heard?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #681 on: October 20, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »

Stop f'n complaining about unofficial tracklists (inserting fingers in ears and singing "LaLaLaLa"). There is a lot more to come...we could have years more of B&C posts at HTGTH! rant

Edit:  B&C being BITCH AND COMPLAIN...2012 for General, according to Baz.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:38:17 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #682 on: October 20, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »

I'd say The Blues will appear on the next album. I'm guessing we won't have as long to wait for a follow up album and there'll be some song names we might recognise

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #683 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

Street if dreams = the blues ,sir,
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:18:41 PM by Timothy08 » Logged

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #684 on: October 20, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »

yup, "the blues" was an internet dubbed name.. never mentioned as such by the band
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #685 on: October 20, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »

it was mentioned ,but I think Axl said at a show in 02 that is was thewroking title.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #686 on: October 20, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »

yup, "the blues" was an internet dubbed name.. never mentioned as such by the band

'The Blues' was written on the setlist for the 2006 shows.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #687 on: October 20, 2008, 09:40:51 PM »

'The Blues' was written on the setlist for the 2006 shows.

Well then, I will shut the hell up

But I still say Street of dreams = The Blues
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #688 on: October 20, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

When Axl was interviewed at Korn's record release party he stated The Blues was one of his favorite songs.  It seems most people agree that The Blues and Street of Dreams are one and the same...  Its cool the album has 14 songs on it.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #689 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:31 AM »

Re supposed titles The General and Atlas Shrugged (actually went and bought the book on the back of that) I wonder if either of those became Scraped, or if they are still works in progress, or never made it..... Huh 

Still psyched to see the tracklist, despite no news for UK release dates....
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »

LOL 5 or maybe 6 songs on that tracklisting were part of one of the biggest world tours in 2006.

Almost anybody who owns a gnr album knows about chinese and heard new material dude

But can you buy them?

Can you walk into a record store and buy the album, take it home and listen to them the way they were intended to be heard?

/jarmo

Nope we can't.
My point is that GNR camp has already spoiled 75% of the new album. We already heard some of those songs since 2001.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »

But can you buy them?

/jarmo

Nope we can't.
My point is that GNR camp has already spoiled 75% of the new album. We already heard some of those songs since 2001.

Spoiled?

That's funny.

They don't play enough new songs, they play too many new songs. They can never win....

Personally I didn't get tired of hearing the new songs at concerts in 2006 and 2007. Cant wait to hear them like they were intended to be heard on an album.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »

Personally I didn't get tired of hearing the new songs at concerts in 2006 and 2007. Cant wait to hear them like they were intended to be heard on an album.  Cool

/jarmo

And i agree sooo much on this part  ok
People need to just lean back and relax!
Everything points to a release next month, and some of you are still concerned?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »

But can you buy them?

/jarmo

Nope we can't.

Spoiled?

That's funny.

They don't play enough new songs, they play too many new songs. They can never win....

/jarmo

Allright... thats your opinion. I like to listen 1 or 2 songs as a promo and then get a full album... not to listen lots of new songs and 7 years later get the studio album.

I never said they don't play enough songs or they play too many songs.

GnR did LOTS of dates since 2001 playing appetite + few illusions + few new songs. But that's not my point. I just wanted to say that PERSONALLY, even if I never heard any leaks, I already know the lyrics, the music, the solos from 7 or 8 out 14 tracks.

And I personally think that this is not the best scenario for a killing come back.

I love gnr, but I belive they had to release chinese in 2002, or play new songs only in the last tour. Or better yet, to put into chinese democracy 2 or 3 songs from previous concerts. Not 60%
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:10:54 AM by Aero » Logged

Olorin
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »

Re supposed titles The General and Atlas Shrugged (actually went and bought the book on the back of that) I wonder if either of those became Scraped, or if they are still works in progress, or never made it..... Huh 

Still psyched to see the tracklist, despite no news for UK release dates....

God I hope not, Atlas Shrugged is one of my favourite titles. I think the working title for Scraped was Lies They Tell.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #695 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »

Allright... thats your opinion. I like to listen 1 or 2 songs as a promo and then get a full album... not to listen lots of new songs and 7 years later get the studio album.

You went to Rock In Rio in 2001?

So that was seven years ago.

If you only heard the new songs live there once, chances are you might not remember them note for note today. Plus they have probably been re-worked since then.

So is it really about them playing the songs live or about you listening to them?

Maybe you downloaded show bootlegs and listened to them?

That was your choice.

I never said they don't play enough songs or they play too many songs.

I apologize if you felt targeted with that remark.

I was just pointing out how impossible it is to please GN'R fans.

I just wanted to say that PERSONALLY, even if I never heard any leaks, I already know the lyrics, the music, the solos from 7 or 8 out 14 tracks.

You chose to listen to those tracks.

As far as I know, you went to one show in 2001. I don't think one show is enough for you to know all those songs.

Especially since they played three of the album's tracks.

So the whole argument of them playing the songs live isn't really an argument.

It's all about how you decided to listen to live versions.

/jarmo

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #696 on: October 21, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

I fully agree with jarmo here.

It was always up to us to download leaks and to listen to them. It was never intended by the band.
If you spolied your fun on the record by listening to leaks, well, your fault.

As far as playing live is concerned, the band for sure wanted to give old and new fans the chance to hear some new material and they maybe wanted to see how the audience reacts on the new tunes. Complaining about it is making mountains out of molehills.

We need to chill a little bit and look forward to listening to the final product on the stereo.
Olorin
« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2008, 11:37:46 AM »

Personally I didn't get tired of hearing the new songs at concerts in 2006 and 2007. Cant wait to hear them like they were intended to be heard on an album.  Cool

/jarmo

These songs have never got old to my ears yet, they still sound wonderful . Thats no mean feat considering how much I listened to them over the years, its a true indication of just how good they are. Most of them are probably my favourite songs of the last 15 years and they have not even been the finished article, and in a months time I know they are going to get even better!!
I was excited about going to buy Live Era when it came out because it was something new from GN'R to listen to, didnt matter that I had heard all the songs for years gone by, I still could not wait to get home and start playing it to death. That will pale in comparison to this experience, it doesnt matter what I've heard, for me and for everybody else this album is still the great unknown.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2008, 11:45:57 AM »

My take on a Jeff Foxworthy staple ("you might be a redneck...":

If you are sitting in the dining room of the Waldorf Astoria, just ordered Surf & Turf with Bacon Wrapped Filet and Seafood Stuffed Lobster, and spend the next 30 minutes complaining about how you 'always get Surf & Turf', and dread having to shovel down your throat...you might be a Gn'R Fan.

Are you really going to skip/leave the concert because you heard the soundcheck?

We will have an actual CD, with a case, liner notes, the full monte - in just over 30 days!  Rejoice!  All you "Downloading Motherf---ers" can finally stop peeking in windows, and listeneing through walls...and hear/see what Axl intended you to hear/see.   peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #699 on: October 21, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

We will have an actual CD, with liner notes, the full monte - in just over 30 days!  

We now nothing about liner notes.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: