Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134094 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #660 on: October 19, 2008, 01:23:15 AM »

I guess it isn't..  just i dunno, sorry i ranted, i normally don't do crap like that, i was just pointed that it seemed unlike you (at least unlike how you were when I first started posting and stuff here)
but eh..

Yeah well my only answer to that is that things change.

If you started posting in 2002, you can't expect everybody to live in 2002 now can you?

i say why not let people discuss things about the band as long as they're not breaking any laws?

I'm sorry, I feel like I have to keep repeating myself to every one of you that has an issue with the "no discussion about the leaks" policy.

Stealing music isn't exactly legal. I'm not interested in promoting that kind of things.

I also believe it's the decent respectable thing to wait until you have the finished album before you review it.

You know, at a time when you don't have to do something illegal to actually hear the album.

Maybe it's only me, but if you keep talking about leaks, people who read the discussion might wanna take part. Now, they obviously can't buy the album in their store or on iTunes, so how do you suggest they get the tracks? And is that legal?

I hope this answers your questions and I don't have to keep repeating this to everybody who thinks otherwise.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #661 on: October 19, 2008, 05:43:06 AM »

"Guns N' Roses:
Everything GN'R related, including discussions about present members."

With the way things currently are it should be
"Guns N' Roses
Everything GN'R related, with the exception of unreleased "new" songs, discussions about present members are allowed."   

I think you also have to view in from a diferent side to, not only by disagreeing with Jarmo.

This site is even bigger than the official site to Gn'R and therefore take into consideration the punitive damage posters, IE Jarmo can do to the band and 3rd partys (company for example).

But we don't need to understand it.
It's true some moderation here is annoying but the positive side outweigh the negative side to it. peace

I also believe it's the decent respectable thing

And it is, + the discussions here are so diferent than those on blabbermouth, youtube comments etc...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #662 on: October 19, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »

fuck, can people take the whining about what you can discuss in the admin section?

I don't wanna wake up seeing there's three new pages of posts in this thread only to find out it's all offtopicwhining
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #663 on: October 19, 2008, 06:10:16 AM »

ok yeey! very cool but still waiting to see it on the official web site, good cover art all in all
Olorin
« Reply #664 on: October 19, 2008, 07:26:35 AM »

I hope Scraped is a 10 minute pounding rock epic that makes Coma seem like twinkle twinkle little star.... drool
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #665 on: October 19, 2008, 07:59:57 AM »

I hope Scraped is a 10 minute pounding rock epic that makes Coma seem like twinkle twinkle little star.... drool

naah that's what i hope sorry will be.. baz impact will probably only be like shannon hoon on DC
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #666 on: October 19, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »

naah that's what i hope sorry will be.. baz impact will probably only be like shannon hoon on DC
OMG!
I can?t wait to listening to Sorry with BAZ!!! his voice sounds AWESOME beside Master Axl!

and I was thinking here about a "10 minute" song too!
we have only three options: Scraped, Sorry or This I Love - personally, I guess it?s gonna be This I Love! smoking

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #667 on: October 19, 2008, 09:01:39 AM »

Just to get back to discussing the tracklist -

Of the songs I've heard, it seems to be a strong album and I'm definitely not disappointed by the tracklist. The flow seems great too, with CD, Better and The blues all being near the top of the album.

Can't wait to hear tracks like Sorry and This I Love, but where is the hottly tipped General? And wasn't there something called Thyme?...

One thing I do find weird is how this thread ended up as a what's legal or not. I trust we can discuss live songs that we've heard since they're in the public domain and I've been to many of the performances. - I do find it odd that the bootleg section of the forum is allowed to continue.... although, I  understand that recent stuff is more likely to impact on the right to have the first opportunity to release. I don't think it should be wrong to discuss angles though...

I can't understand either how there can be reviews of chinese democracy already, but people are always going to do that. We do need to step back and not treat everyone as stupid, most people can view these reviews objectively, just like most people can read through the BS in the UK tabloids! Blatant judgements based on leaks should clearly not be taken seriously, but people should be free to express their opnions based on their own experiences of the music live and their excitement, or disappointment, regarding any upcoming release. Extreme censorship is always an issue for debate, but imo can be just as damaging as not censoring.

My two pennys worth :-)

I can't believe it's only a month away!!!!!

Back In Power
Olorin
« Reply #668 on: October 19, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »

OMG!
I can?t wait to listening to Sorry with BAZ!!! his voice sounds AWESOME beside Master Axl!

and I was thinking here about a "10 minute" song too!
we have only three options: Scraped, Sorry or This I Love - personally, I guess it?s gonna be This I Love! smoking

I want to hear the other members singing backing as well nevermind Baz. I always liked the live outro of Maddy with Robin singing seperately.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #669 on: October 19, 2008, 10:17:50 AM »

from the point of view of the record company or Best Buy, i'm not sure i see the rationale behind releasing an album with at least 5 songs that can be listened to on Youtube the last few years and a few more that can be picked up by anyone with modest understanding of the internet. Every review is going to be "...with only 4 songs not previously heard...". To my mind, that kind of takes away the steam of promoting it as "FINALLY after 17 years..."

also, doesnt the first single, if they're releasing a traditional single, HAVE to be a song no one's heard before?

I listened to the leaks... but it was my choice.
If people/critics are downloading them or listening via you tube.. their choice.
It's not an obligation.

But please, listen/judge unfineshed tracks and still critize the album for having leaked songs.. well that's the normal level hipocrisy that we have in almost every journalist that write something about Axl, GNR and CD.

I'm a fan, I want to buy the album, listen to the finished tracks, no matter if I heard 1 or 14 of them before.

i'm saying more from a sales/ marketing point of view...it's not really a new album. Madagascar was on MTV 6 years ago. They dont have to sell it to the choir (us) they have to sell it to a million or two other people as the triumphant return etc etc, but with more than half the album available online for years, the return is more of a trickle-again, from a marketing perspective-than an explosion

OK, so still (kinda) outside of your perspective: Yes, they have to sell it to the general audience, not only to GNR fans. Anyway, the option of downloading the leaks or not is the same. Those who likes any kind of music (hard rock) and wanted to listen to them just did. It's their problem, they should've known it would be on the next GNR record. Just don't have the right to complain now.

Getting to your point, let?s consider what general music fans could've legally heard:
Regularly played since 2001/02: "CD", "Madagascar" and "The Blues"= 3 songs;
If we count "Rhiad", played only 3 times. = 4 songs
On 2006 they added "Better" and "IRS", so we have 6 "revealed" songs.
TWAT, on just 2 shows = 7 songs
Rock Band (not everyone has videogames): Shackler's = 8 songs
Body of Lies: If the World (1:30, not everyone saw/will see the movie) = 9 CD "revealed" songs

Ask those people this:
1) When was the last time GNR toured?
2) Have you been there?
3) Did you listen to some bootleg track/video? Like it?
4) Say 3 new GNR song titles?
5) Could you sing them/remember the melodies?
6) Who are the members these days?

The ordinary answers you would have:
1) Not sure or / Maybe 2006.
2) No or / I went to one concert and was great.
3) No or / I saw a bootleg couple times. I liked, but prefer the old songs/band.
4) Madagascar, Axl played on VMA's;.... Better and.... don't know.
5) No. Wait! Na na na na .. I know better, better.. na na na... that's all dude.
6) Axl, Bucket.. no, Bumblefoot, Robert Finck and.. well Slash is out.

Remember those guys looking scared at you when you sang along "the blues" at one of the concerts?
That was not because your voice sucked.. in fact, they didn't know the lyrics and didn't understand how you knew it.

So, do you really think that those "9" (5) songs are old to them?? I'd say 3 "vaguely known" songs at the most.
On the other hand, the reason GNR showed this songs on gigs/game/movie was to make the public familiar with at least 1 of those tracks, generanting curiosity and interest, and that's what marketing is all about. Sales are just consequences.

Could we have the same hype if the songs were totally new? Maybe for us downloading motherfuckers, but not for the rest of the world. Just promotion for 14 unknown tracks of a "15 years inactive" band, even with strong "brands" like GNR, Axl and Chinese Democracy, wouldn't be enough for this shitty music market nowadays.
The "making it familiar" strategy is a very smart way to mitigate that, a least a little.

My friends, those "free trials"(legal ones) along with apropriate mass promotion, which is on it's way, the band members charisma, AND THE FINISHED TRACKS, will make GNR rule the world again.

P.S.: Also, remember, if they didn't play any new songs on those ways: "Fuck! they play the same songs since 1994"; "I told the album doesn't exist"; "It's a cover band"; "No singles until now? 2009 here we go"; etc, etc, etc

missing the point...the reviewers will make sure everyone knows there's only 4 or 5 actually new songs on the album. Regardless of what people think of the music  when they review, there's the negativity built in "why do we get an album with 7 year old songs on it?". Also, we've all seen the songs reviewed when they were leaked; i'd say it's well beneath 50% that those reviews were generally good. So people will have pre-conceived notions pushed on them maybe even before the already listen to the album.

Thought you were previously on the marketing point of view, not the asshole full of prejudice reviewers one.
Reviwers can write wherever they want, as long as honesty is there.

If people/media take that on consideration to buy or recomend CD, again, that's the normal leval of hipocrisy and stupidity they have, especialy about music, these days. Lack of personality. Come on, we are adults, must turn on the filter when someone is giving us some piece of information, making our own opinion, not turning anyone else thoughts the absolute truth.

Concerning that unreasonable negativity: frequently that's just a way reviewrs have to show how frustraded they are for not being well succeeded (musicians/producers/anything) in life.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #670 on: October 19, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »

With all the negativity blowing around in here...am I the only one who believes Axl has a couple surprises left up his sleeve?  Remember people, you never forget how to ride a bycicle...this is Axl Rose we are talking about.  Keep the faith, let the cards fall where Axl throws them. ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #671 on: October 19, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »

i wonder if scraped will be the first song on the second side of the vinyl version...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #672 on: October 19, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »

A maximum album holds 80 minutes of music.

Do you guys think that this album will be like a 70 minute one?

14 songs at 5 minutes a piece is 70 minutes... so it is safe to say we'll get a full album in minutes....

Axl likes those longer songs anyways

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:20 AM »

Can't see why anyone would be disappointed with the tracklist, its awesome and every song we've heard is very strong, there's no fillers on there. I'm really looking forward to hearing the final mastered versions of those songs, they were pretty amazing before! This album is gonna sound unbelievable, a masterpiece. Plus 3 complete surprises that we've never heard, so so cool. I feel like an 8 year old kid waiting for Christamas again  Grin
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #674 on: October 20, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »

01 Chinese Democracy [PLAYED LIVE] [1]
02 Shackler's Revenge [OFFICIAL RELEASE]
03 Better [PLAYED LIVE][1]
04 Street Of Dreams [2]
05 If The World [OFFICIAL RELEASE]
06 There Was A Time [PLAYED LIVE]
07 Catcher In The Rye [1]
08 Scraped
09 Rhiad N' The Bedouins [PLAYED LIVE]
10 Sorry
11 I.R.S. [PLAYED LIVE][1]
12 Madagascar [PLAYED LIVE][1]
13 This I Love
14 Prostitute

1* Axl played publically those tracks at bars in 2006
2* Probably the blues, played live

GNR manager played publically 3 new songs at a best buy store some weeks ago.

My point is that, besides the antiquiet leaks, gnr camp already showed us almost all chinese democracy.

It wont be a surprise, a shock Sad

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #675 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24:22 AM »

Axl played publically those tracks at bars in 2006

Huh ok cool, 15 people heard these tracks so it has spoiled the surprise??
If the world is 30sec in Body of Lies, SR is played by hardcore gamers and will not be a big gun...

You killed YOUR surprise but Axl won't chose songs you have not heard when 99.999% people on this planet don't fuckin know any track on this album
justastud79
Opening Act

« Reply #676 on: October 20, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »

So you're saying that the "Asshole Song" won't be on the album..rats.

Lots of people go to college for seven years
Yeah, they're called doctors
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #677 on: October 20, 2008, 06:58:07 PM »

01 Chinese Democracy [PLAYED LIVE] [1]
02 Shackler's Revenge [OFFICIAL RELEASE]
03 Better [PLAYED LIVE][1]
04 Street Of Dreams [2]
05 If The World [OFFICIAL RELEASE]
06 There Was A Time [PLAYED LIVE]
07 Catcher In The Rye [1]
08 Scraped
09 Rhiad N' The Bedouins [PLAYED LIVE]
10 Sorry
11 I.R.S. [PLAYED LIVE][1]
12 Madagascar [PLAYED LIVE][1]
13 This I Love
14 Prostitute

1* Axl played publically those tracks at bars in 2006
2* Probably the blues, played live

GNR manager played publically 3 new songs at a best buy store some weeks ago.

My point is that, besides the antiquiet leaks, gnr camp already showed us almost all chinese democracy.

It wont be a surprise, a shock Sad
Just wait...I think we are all in for a surprise.  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #678 on: October 20, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »

so the sorry thats gonna be on the album is that the one that baz sang on? or was that one shelved

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #679 on: October 20, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »

Axl played publically those tracks at bars in 2006

Huh ok cool, 15 people heard these tracks so it has spoiled the surprise??
If the world is 30sec in Body of Lies, SR is played by hardcore gamers and will not be a big gun...

You killed YOUR surprise but Axl won't chose songs you have not heard when 99.999% people on this planet don't fuckin know any track on this album

LOL 5 or maybe 6 songs on that tracklisting were part of one of the biggest world tours in 2006.
Better leak was played worldwide on 1st class radios
Madagascar hass been seen by 14 million people at the MTV VMA 2002

Almost anybody who owns a gnr album knows about chinese and heard new material dude

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: