Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134074 times)
Jada
« Reply #600 on: October 18, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »

I was suprised to see that there's also a Rainbow song called Street of Dreams. I've never really listened to them though.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #601 on: October 18, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »

Jesus, I come here everyday at least once. I haven't posted in ages because for awhile there was nothing to post about and now that there is LOTS of stuff to post about, I can't believe the stuff I see. I have been critical of the band in the past and was pissed beyond belief when March 9 past with no news. In fact pretty much no news till now and even now nothing has come from the band.

But I am sooooo fuckin happy right now. I really don't understand anyone who is complainig about the tracklisting. This will be a killer album, I'm so happy that Catcher is on there it is my fav of the new songs.

I think TWAT and Catcher are up there with any other GNR song (Estranged, NR,SCOM) not only that we haven't heard the finnished versions ok

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #602 on: October 18, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »

I think Madagascar is one of the best GnR songs ever written

That's how I feel about both Catcher and TWAT...masterpieces.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: October 18, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »

Am I the only one who's anxious to hear Sorry ? Bach's talk of doom metal got me waiting for this. I'm not a metal fan really, but I'd love to hear new Guns doing a Right next door to hell-type heavy rocker !

Catcher in the rye is still biggest gun to me too  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »

If we are talking about what the new songs dont have

Really, and it may be intentionally due to changing styles, but I don't really hear those classic, amazing guitar riffs that every person will run out to try and learn.

Its just a new style though, one that u are going to have to forget about the old and accept the new for what it is and thats different.

Its not the blues rock based guitar riff that the old band was famous for.

The new songs are great, just in a different way.

Catcher in The Rye for me is the best of the "ballads" that or Madagascar.

I really really have high hopes for "This I Love" though. I have been intrigued by the idea of this song for ever.

Remember on the Behind The Music, Matt Sorum talking about Axl working on........... shit what did he say, some type of 52 instrument orchestra masterpiece or something................. I can't remember the exact quote, but I am positive this is "This I Love" he was referring to.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:49 PM »

Am I the only one who's anxious to hear Sorry ? Bach's talk of doom metal got me waiting for this. I'm not a metal fan really, but I'd love to hear new Guns doing a Right next door to hell-type heavy rocker !

biggest gun indeed. but i always say that. sorry, nothing new from me.

but what i wonder is how the chorus of twat (that song comes directly before catcher) will sound like in the final version. coz in the leak axls voice and the guitars didn't really fit in my humble opinion. hope it's rocking instead of being a noisy mess now. verses are so lovely, so is the outro. hope they "fixed" it. or do you guys don't see it that way (and the chorus is the even stronger part for you)? i'm just interested...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »

but what i wonder is how the chorus of twat (that song comes directly before catcher) will sound like in the final version. coz in the leak axls voice and the guitars didn't really fit in my humble opinion. hope it's rocking instead of being a noisy mess now. verses are so lovely, so is the outro. hope they "fixed" it. or do you guys don't see it that way (and the chorus is the even stronger part for you)? i'm just interested...

I think there are three versions of TWAT? Twat '99, the leak from i think -04 and the leak from last summer. The one from -04 is perfect. It just needs final mixing and mastering and we have an instant classic.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #607 on: October 18, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

Yeah, the Chorus is my least fave part of Twat. Like u said, it just seems kind of square into a round hole type of thing............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #608 on: October 18, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »

So I assume you've all heard the finished album since you keep going on and on about the songs?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #609 on: October 18, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »

It is going to be cool to be hearing new GNR songs on the radio.  Definitely looking forward to that.  Going to be A LOT of haters out there though  Undecided

There were plenty of haters since day one. Any old school peeps remember that GnR was despised as much as they were loved since the start.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #610 on: October 18, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »

So I assume you've all heard the finished album since you keep going on and on about the songs?

/jarmo

?

no, we just discuss old leaks, how they changed, what we hope to hear in the final version(s). at least that's what i do. thinking about what parts (or songs as a whole) have been either very cool or a bit problematic (you can discuss that in terms of how parts are arranged or in terms of the potential of the songs). by the way i think that the new (or newly mixed) bass line somewhat improved the chorus in the last leak of twat.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #611 on: October 18, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »

In that case, I suggest you stop and contain yourself until you have bought the album next month.  ok

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #612 on: October 18, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »

In that case, I suggest you stop and contain yourself until you have bought the album next month.  ok

Thanks.

/jarmo

yeah, i know. but it's easier said than done.  Wink

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »

I'm perfectly fine with the track list, I'm more interested in knowing if Cover B will just be a different cover, or different version of the songs.  Didn't bach say Axl had cd's with different versions of each song ?

Olorin
« Reply #614 on: October 18, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »

I think thats fair enough. At this point, with a lot of interest being generated in the new album, new people will be visiting the boards. It would be generous to them as well to the band, not to promote the leaks and not to be disecting the songs bit by bit before the are even released.

I know thats been the policy here for a long time, the rules have been slackened I've noticed yes But theres a difference in mentioning songs you have heard and like, than sitting picking them apart.

I think everyone should forget the leaks, discard them from your life, listen to the original albums for that GN'R fix, and just wait and look forward to getting the new album in your hands next month.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »

no, we just discuss old leaks, how they changed, what we hope to hear in the final version(s). at least that's what i do. thinking about what parts (or songs as a whole) have been either very cool or a bit problematic (you can discuss that in terms of how parts are arranged or in terms of the potential of the songs). by the way i think that the new (or newly mixed) bass line somewhat improved the chorus in the last leak of twat.

And the there lays the problem, I'm in your boat, have listened to the leaks. The potential of the song should be judged on the final cut and not the leaks. It wasn't the bands version of the music being ready to be heard, there was stuff to do to complete it, like me, you've looked at your xmas ipood - when you wanted an ipod, lucky the real deal is still there to be enjoyed-in all its glory.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
domingo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: October 18, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

any news about the japanese edition? any bonus tracks?
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #617 on: October 18, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

I think thats fair enough. At this point, with a lot of interest being generated in the new album, new people will be visiting the boards. It would be generous to them as well to the band, not to promote the leaks and not to be disecting the songs bit by bit before the are even released.

I know thats been the policy here for a long time, the rules have been slackened I've noticed yes But theres a difference in mentioning songs you have heard and like, than sitting picking them apart.

I think everyone should forget the leaks, discard them from your life, listen to the original albums for that GN'R fix, and just wait and look forward to getting the new album in your hands next month.

ok, one more post, then i'll leave things be. i don't actually think i'm just "picking" at songs (check out my recent comments). just telling my subjective pros and cons. sorry, i'm an analytical and emotional kinda guy. i'm the first to say that "catcher" and "better" are among the best songs gnr have ever done. i don't want to discuss things on a meta level, like explaining why i posted this or that, all the time. i'm excited that the record is coming, i'm excited that i'll hear the songs in their proper versions. i'm excited that i haven't heard some - probably very cool - songs: the mythical "this i love" and the "sorry"-track bach has been praising so much. i was just mentioning some things, adressing issues, hungry for other opinions.  i mean this forum is supposed to be a place to discuss stuff (and i can't discuss the final versions already). so, now back on topic.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:53:47 PM by whiny » Logged

Olorin
« Reply #618 on: October 18, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »

I wasnt referring to you in particular, I was just commenting in general terms. There is only one more month till the new music is released and the leaks are effectively spoilers.
Imagine a big book launch was coming up from your favourite author, you start to get really excited and interested so you go onto websites and forums to really get into the spirit of things - only to find people are talking about the plot and there favourite parts of the book. Kind of spoils it.

I've played the leaks to death and still love them and I've spoke about them till I'm blue in the face. But now I know that after all these years I will get to hear the album, in a very short period of time! I think leaked demos, that the band really dont want promoted, should be put out of mind. Just my opinion, not judging anyone.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #619 on: October 18, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »

Street of Dreams is probably the blues... 80% chance of it.

Song #2 is Prostitute IMO.

the lyrics go with what a prostitute is, and it was said by the leaker that it is also i believe.

So we have 3 new tracks to look forward to

the guy who leaked the 9 tracks says song 2 is called prostitute. he said they charged him with copyright infringement of that song

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: