Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134015 times)
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #560 on: October 18, 2008, 03:35:48 AM »

I don't care if I've heard 9 songs already, I wish IRS would be there though, I LOVE that song,  crying
I'm glad there are 14 songs, I hope the cd booklet rocks and have tons of pictures  Grin  drool
Hail Axl! Wink

IRS is there my friend!

OOoooPS! LOL my bad!  beer cheers then

If the world would end today... Wink
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #561 on: October 18, 2008, 03:37:50 AM »

I don't care if I've heard 9 songs already, I wish IRS would be there though, I LOVE that song,  crying
I'm glad there are 14 songs, I hope the cd booklet rocks and have tons of pictures  Grin  drool
Hail Axl! Wink

IRS is there my friend!

OOoooPS! LOL my bad!  beer cheers then

Salud!  beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #562 on: October 18, 2008, 03:39:57 AM »

Something totally off topic...was reading the Mark Canter book and some stripper from the 80's said she was hanging out with Axl (Pre-Appetite release era), and he played Novermber Rain for her and told her he wrote it when he was 15 years old!!!

Dude, I always knew he was a lyrical mastermind, but that is fn' insane.

CD will prove who really is (and was) the heart of GNR.

Axl's status will be cemented in time forever as one of the greatest frontmen upon release.

Axl was playing a lot of Piano back then. A lot of songs he had written before GNR even became a band.
All those songs sounded dated when they were released. Those songs sucked back then.

Guns N Roses have never released anything that sounded "dated."  That is one of the reasons why they are great...their music stands the test of time.  All of GNR songs are still in heavy rotation here in the NYC area on 92.3 K Rock.  You can not go 1 hour without hearing a GNR song...and none of it sounds dated...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:42:01 AM by Shadows7XXX » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #563 on: October 18, 2008, 03:43:44 AM »

Something totally off topic...was reading the Mark Canter book and some stripper from the 80's said she was hanging out with Axl (Pre-Appetite release era), and he played Novermber Rain for her and told her he wrote it when he was 15 years old!!!

Dude, I always knew he was a lyrical mastermind, but that is fn' insane.

CD will prove who really is (and was) the heart of GNR.

Axl's status will be cemented in time forever as one of the greatest frontmen upon release.

Axl was playing a lot of Piano back then. A lot of songs he had written before GNR even became a band.
All those songs sounded dated when they were released. Those songs sucked back then.

Guns N Roses have never released anything that sounds "dated."  That is one of the reasons why they are great...their music stands the test of time.  All of GNR songs are still in heavy rotation here in the NYC area on 92.3 K Rock.  You can not go 1 hour without hearing a GNR song...and none of it sounds dated...

When you're getting a tongue lashing from the oldest guy on the board, you know you're wrong.

When I first heard Jungle, I thought it was a new song.  When I researched it, I was blown away that it was a song from 1987.

My mom who is almost 60 has become a fan of the band.  She will probably take in a GN'R show the next time they play.

I've gotten lots of people from college into GN'R, new and old songs, and they love 'em.

When a song is good, it's good!  Doesn't matter when it was written or released.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #564 on: October 18, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »

I can't believe so many people are bitching about the track listing. What the fuck did you people expect? You knew when you listened to the leaks that you were spoiling the "surprise" factor. That's your own fault, not Axl's. We've known for awhile now what 3/4ths of Chinese Democracy would look like. There was only going to be room for 4 or 5 unheard songs.

I tried my best, when "Better" and "TWAT" and all those were leaked, to keep from listening to them. I went several months, but eventually I couldn't resist the temptation. Plus Axl was playing the leaks at the concerts, so I figured it was okay to give them a listen. I never downloaded any; I only listened to them on Youtube, and only for a few times a piece; I knew I didn't want the songs to get old, so I wrapped them back up and placed them under the metaphorical Christmas tree. It's been probably a year and a half now since I've heard any of them. I never did seek out the leak of "If the World," so that song is new to me, too. I did listen to "Shackler's Revenge," but only twice. For the most part, I'm proud of myself for trying to maintain the "newness" of the album.  

When I first read the track listing, I started freaking out 'cause I was like "Oh, my God, where's 'The Blues?'" Then I remembered the lyric about "the street of dreams," and figured the title had just been changed, though I don't know why, 'cause "The Blues" sounds so much cooler. I was going to very bummed if that song wasn't on the album, though. From my understanding, there's never been a leaked studio version (that I know of). I've only heard it played live. Same goes for "Chinese Democracy" and "Madagascar." Considering how awesome those songs already are live, I can't imagine how much more awesome they're going to be on the studio versions.

Whenever I buy an album, there's usually at least a couple of songs I've already heard on the radio or something, and can't get out of my head, so I'm excited to put in the CD and listen to those songs over and over. For me, that's how I'm feeling about "Better" and "TWAT" and all these amazing songs on Chinese Democracy. Yeah, I may have heard them before, but that's been awhile, and I'm dying to hear them again--- Plus, I only heard them on some website, through my crappy computer, not in my kickass stereo. Now we to get to hear the final versions, instead of some unfinished demo.

I think you people also overestimate the number of people who have actually sought out these leaked tracks. I don't think the common person, even the casual GNR fan, has ever heard any of these songs. Maybe a couple of them, but no way they've heard as many as you guys have. For a long time now I've been dying in anticipation of all my friends hearing "Better" for the first time, along with all these other songs. I want to share this amazing music with as many people as I can. Now, after Nov. 23, I'll finally be able to. I expect to have my friends saying to me, "Oh, my God, I just heard this new GNR song on the radio--- It's fucking awesome!"

And just because we've heard a song doesn't diminish it anyway, either. Don't we all still listen to AFD? That album's twenty years old now, yet it still kicks more ass than anything released today. Same goes for the UYI albums. A great song is a great song, no matter if it was created yesterday or a decade ago.

I've been bouncing off the walls ever since I saw the track listing and the album cover, because that "Oh, my God, it's actually happening; it's finally coming out!" moment hit me. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the inclusion of "Rhiad and the Bedouins" because I just do not like that song; it'll probably end up being my least favorite GNR track of all time, though the final version may sound better than what I had heard originally.

I don't know about you other guys--- we have all ages here it seems--- but I'm 21 years old; I was too young to ever even know who GNR was when the original line-up was together. I remember seeing my brother's cassette of AFD, and that's about it. I discovered GNR around the sixth grade, when there was absolutely nothing going on in the GNR world. Seeing the surprise performance at the VMAs was the coolest shit ever for me because that was the first time I ever saw GnR performing live (on my T.V. of course, not in person), right at that very moment, instead of just some music video or footage from back in the day. The release of Chinese Democracy will be the first GNR album I will have ever bought on the day of its release, instead of several years later as it has been with the others. I've always looked back on the late 80's and early 90's and wished that I had been old enough to experience and appreciate GnR when they were the biggest band on the planet. Now, in this "second coming," "resurrection," "re-emergence," whatever you wanna call it, I'm finally going to be able to live that experience.

Here Today . . .
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #565 on: October 18, 2008, 04:36:55 AM »

Whether the songs on CD are old is a moot point really.

But I'm also wondering about Axl and about the band. It's gotta be strange to them to finally release songs that have been around for years. I'm afraid they might be tired of them even before they're released...  Undecided
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #566 on: October 18, 2008, 04:54:52 AM »

Whether the songs on CD are old is a moot point really.

But I'm also wondering about Axl and about the band. It's gotta be strange to them to finally release songs that have been around for years. I'm afraid they might be tired of them even before they're released...  Undecided

bah, they still play songs live that are a LOT older than these.
I think they're more relieved to get these awesome songs they've been hiding for years out into the public, and I think they'll be too proud and excited to think too much about the age of the songs.

on another note, how can someone believe that an album that's been in the making since 1993, according to some people, have only new songs?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:56:36 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2008, 05:16:05 AM »

Great post, Gilee7, and even though I don't know you personally, as a fellow GN'R fan, I'm so happy that you're going to get to experience this release as it happens.  Although things have undoubtedly changed since the release of the Illusion albums, it's still going to an incredible moment when this album makes its debut into the spotlight.

To those who are worrying about the tracklist and/or not feeling as excited as they'd imagined they would, I'd just like to add my tuppence to the debate.  Firstly, you feel what you feel and just because it doesn't match other people's experience doesn't invalidate yours.  We will all get to experience this album in our own way and at our own pace.  To some it may hit them like a lightning bolt and to others I think it'll be a slow burn.  I know that I'll have to take a few minutes just holding the CD and savouring the moment before opening it.  It's a moment that'll never come again and I know it'll take a while to sink in.  For some, the real excitement may hit days or weeks after that first listen, you'll suddenly glimpse the album in the rack and it'll be like, yeah, it's real.

Also, (and sorry to bore those of you who've heard this story before), I heard Estranged for the first time at a show in Germany and it was one of those moments where you get goosebumps all over.  I thought it was the most hauntingly beautiful song I'd ever heard and was totally lost in the moment.  But just because it wasn't 'new' to me when I heard the album, it made absolutely no difference and I was just as touched when I heard the studio version.  Don't Cry is another that, strictly speaking, wasn't 'new' to me on the album, but that didn't stop it reducing me to tears.  And it still does at times; the version from 2007 in Japan brought back all the emotion I'd felt that very first time I heard the Illusion albums, and with such intensity that I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

The bottom line is that music can move you the first, second, third or however many times you hear it.  I still hear new things in UYI or AFD and I believe that as you mature your reaction to certain tracks changes too and this keeps the music sounding fresh - well, quality music like GN'R makes anyway.

My last point to the worriers is to take you back to the 2006 tour.  Imagine this scenario: you're looking forward to the show you've booked for, but a week or so before you read the set list for a previous show and are a little disappointed that there's not your favourite song listed or not enough new material being played.  You feel a little subdued and not quite as excited but, of course, go to the show anyway.  Now, the moment the band stepped on stage and Axl let loose with his trademark scream, how did it feel?  I doubt for one moment that you were giving any thought to the set list at that precise time.  I expect you were caught up totally in the present and I truly believe that this is how you'll feel when the first notes of CD begin blasting from your stereo.  Any doubts will be swept away.

OK that wasn't my last point, but I promise this really is.  The cover art.  No-one can possibly form an opinion from a computer scan a couple of inches in size.  Wait until you've seen the real thing.  Album covers were meant to be viewed in all their 12" glory - from front to back (and inside to outside, in the case of a double) - and, once again, I think people are worrying unnecessarily.  This album will be nothing short of genius in all aspects and I think we all need to keep faith with Axl for just a few more weeks; after all we've been through together, let's not fall now at the final hurdle.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2008, 05:17:49 AM »

I like set list.
1. Chinese Democracy- great song
2. Shackler's Revenge- don't like this song
3. Better-first single (amazing song)
4. Street Of Dreams (didn't hear)
5. If The World - great Axl poem
6. There Was A Time - like song number five
7.Catcher N' The Rye- second single
8. Scraped- didn't hear
9. Riad N' The Bedouins- don't like
10. Sorry-didn't hear
11. I.R.S.- great song (probably single)
12. Madagascar- the best song
13. This I Love- didn't hear
14. Prostitute - didn't hear

for me this will be a KILLER ALBUM..... i don't know why they didn't put "the blues"...this song is amazing
ben9785
« Reply #569 on: October 18, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »

I like set list.
8. Scraped- didn't hear
10. Sorry-didn't hear

for me this will be a KILLER ALBUM..... i don't know why they didn't put "the blues"...this song is amazing

"The Blues" is there. It has been renamed to "Street of Dreams".
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #570 on: October 18, 2008, 05:20:57 AM »

I like set list.
8. Scraped- didn't hear
10. Sorry-didn't hear

[/quote
Ok thanks,i didn't read all posts before my coment
ben9785
« Reply #571 on: October 18, 2008, 05:22:03 AM »

No worries man. There's too many posts to go through i know hehe
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2008, 05:25:48 AM »

No worries man. There's too many posts to go through i know hehe
Yup
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2008, 06:26:27 AM »

I like set list.
8. Scraped- didn't hear
10. Sorry-didn't hear

[/quote
Ok thanks,i didn't read all posts before my coment

and Prostitute is song number 2
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2008, 07:14:23 AM »

Has Street of Dreams been confirmed as the Blues? And has song 2 been confirmed as Prostitute? Are we just guessing or is there truth to it?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »

Has Street of Dreams been confirmed as the Blues? And has song 2 been confirmed as Prostitute? Are we just guessing or is there truth to it?

peace

It's confirmed by well informed sources.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »

peace

Who?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Olorin
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »

It could have been renamed as the title "Guns N' Roses - Street of Dreams" has an appealing and memorable ring to it, it makes me think it has been selected for a single.

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »

Dude, this album seems like a Greatest Hits II - the new GNR era!!
Can't wait!

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2008, 08:05:35 AM »

peace

Who?

peace

the guy who leaked the 9 songs in june said that he knows that "song 2" "message for you" whatever people call it is prostitute because he has been accused for violating it's copyright or something
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: