Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:03:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 133946 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

Pretty disappointing.  I know I'm a downloading mother fucker, but I've heard almost the entire album!! lame.

You have no one to blame but yourself though..
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #501 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »

I'm excited just to rip that plastic off the case and read the liner notes and see what pics are inside.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #502 on: October 17, 2008, 10:34:27 PM »

IRS is an awesome choice.  All of the songs will have their own hook that will draw you in.  For me its the second solo in there was a time

I say "IRS" because it's a reasonable length for radio play and it's something everybody can relate to right away: the fucking IRS!  TWAT is a cool song too, but I think there's too much in it personally.  Too much from too many directions.  Street of Dreams is my 2nd favorite and again... a song that can make popular appeal.  TWAT would be my 3rd, but it seems more like an "Estranged" type song.  It will take a lot of interest in the album for that song to stick.  Just my two...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #503 on: October 17, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

Pretty disappointing.  I know I'm a downloading mother fucker, but I've heard almost the entire album!! lame.

Bad luck. We chose hear them before but I don't care...the final version will be so much cooler than DEMOS

Never forget that we listened DEMOS...just that.

DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »

Very few bands have been able to pull of a "true" renaissance.  Aerosmith did it.  Many others tried, but failed.  Some bands are timeless like the Stones and well, Aerosmith.  What you're seeing here is a musical project by Axl and the others.  I don't think it will be a trend setting album by any means.  Cool, but not mind-blowing.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »

You have no one to blame but yourself though..

You have a point... kinda  Wink  And I know HTGTH users are the minority when it comes to the sheer number of people who are going to buy this album, but by playing the songs in concert and having so many of the songs leak, GNR isn't exactly playing to the base.  I doubt many of us will be 110% beyond excited to get this album when I could listen to over 2/3 of it right now if I wanted.  You can go on limewire, or youtube and hear half of it right now.

in reality, I'm just being selfish, i know that, but having waited over a decade for this album to drop, as a die hard, I'm extremely unimpressed.  some of these songs are a couple of years old (some even more!!) at this point.  

I might not even bother getting this on opening day.  Sorry, just being honest.  Flame away.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2008, 10:40:22 PM »

^

well alls im gunna say is that the song chinese democracy played fopr best buy was quite different from the leak.

so im gunna assume the same holds true for the rest of the songs

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2008, 10:40:32 PM »

Very few bands have been able to pull of a "true" renaissance.  Aerosmith did it.  Many others tried, but failed.  Some bands are timeless like the Stones and well, Aerosmith.  What you're seeing here is a musical project by Axl and the others.  I don't think it will be a trend setting album by any means.  Cool, but not mind-blowing.

But it SHOULD have been mindblowing.  part of me has been hoping a lot of the leaks were just fuck-around songs Axl and company were just dicking around with.  to see that most of CD will be these songs is just disappointing to me.  I agree, cool, but def not earth shattering.  Very curious to see how critics will react to this.  Shit, some of these songs have already been reviewed by big time magazines/reviewers!!!!  in terms of anticipation and hype, CD, in my mind, has already fallen short.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #508 on: October 17, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »

I really have no sympathy for ya dude. You know that by listening to the leaks and shit that this was a possible outcome. Can't expect the band to put all different songs on the album because of some people online now can ya?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #509 on: October 17, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »

I really have no sympathy for ya dude. You know that by listening to the leaks and shit that this was a possible outcome. Can't expect the band to put all different songs on the album because of some people online now can ya?

TOTALLY agree with you.  not asking for sympathy  ok    Just my own personal feelings here as a long time member of this board.   i would think GNR would be total fucktards if they were just catering to us online a-holes.  but there is just minimal excitement from me right now.  and that sucks for me.  this SHOULD have been the biggest news of my life as a GNR fan.

just being honest.   peace

DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #510 on: October 17, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »

But it SHOULD have been mindblowing.  part of me has been hoping a lot of the leaks were just fuck-around songs Axl and company were just dicking around with.  to see that most of CD will be these songs is just disappointing to me.  I agree, cool, but def not earth shattering.  Very curious to see how critics will react to this.  Shit, some of these songs have already been reviewed by big time magazines/reviewers!!!!  in terms of anticipation and hype, CD, in my mind, has already fallen short.

Well, if Axl secured 3 million copies with BB, he did himself a favor.  If it sells much more than that, I will be surprised.  But AGAIN, this is NOT a knock on Axl or the band.  Rock has been down for years now.  It's a new era - let's face it.  If this was 1992, the album would probably sell 5 or 6 million copies.  I admire some of the musical composition in this album, but rock's glory days are gone.  Unless you consider that wank-crap like Nickelback being rock. 

It doesn't help that Axl is older, many of the band members are unknown to the general public.  It's a tough hill to climb.  I'm glad Axl secured 3 million and I am fucking glad it's being released, but it's not 1990 anymore people...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #511 on: October 17, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »

One of the bigger mistakes we all make is thinking that we are important.

The GNR community doesn't matter basically.

If u think, honestly, there may be what? 15k of us?

For GNR to be successful, they have to reach the masses. We would buy Axl playing a Clarinet and shouting random rambling nonsense.

So just cause we've heard most of the album, millions haven't.

For CD to be successful, it has to reach the Junior High/High School and early 20's crowd.

The hardcore GNR fanbase even if we all bought 10 copies a piece won't make this successful on its own.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #512 on: October 17, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »

TOTALLY agree with you.  not asking for sympathy  ok    Just my own personal feelings here as a long time member of this board.   i would think GNR would be total fucktards if they were just catering to us online a-holes.  but there is just minimal excitement from me right now.  and that sucks for me.  this SHOULD have been the biggest news of my life as a GNR fan.

I think you may be the first person to express your disappointment without sounding like a douche.  Nicely played, Hil-Dog.  Smiley

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »

This one's for you:  Tongue

this SHOULD have been the biggest news of my life as a GNR fan.

Yeah, that's what you guys kept saying when there were no tracklisting, cover art or release date.

Now that you have all of the above, things still suck.

So obviously things don't suck because of the band. They supplied you with the missing piece that was gonna make everything awesome.

But it turns out that things aren't awesome even after you get news about the album you've been "waiting for since 1993".

Why not just admit that you're probably never gonna be pleased?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:50:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: October 17, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »

All of these songs have single potential

Only the most hardcore fans would believe that. For instance, Rhiad might be a favorite among some fans, but it wouldn't have the mass appeal needed to be a single. Just because you happen to like a song, doesn't mean that it can be a single. I happen to love OMG, but if it had made it on the cd, it would've been filler. Filler doesn't necessarily mean a song sucks, it just means it won't appeal to most people.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #515 on: October 17, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

I was referring to what filler is and isn't and I did mention Gn'R as this pertains to them..

Thanks for reading it though! ok

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #516 on: October 17, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »

I was referring to what filler is and isn't and I did mention Gn'R as this pertains to them..

Thanks for reading it though! ok

You're welcome.

It seems like some of you are always happy to bring other bands into this section in order to point out the "faults".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #517 on: October 17, 2008, 10:54:53 PM »

This one's for you:  Tongue

this SHOULD have been the biggest news of my life as a GNR fan.

Yeah, that's what you guys kept saying when there were no tracklisting, cover art or release date.

Now that you have all of the above, things still suck.

So obviously things don't suck because of the band. They supplied you with the missing piece that was gonna make everything awesome.

But it turns out that things aren't awesome even after you get news about the album you've been "waiting for since 1993".

/jarmo

I wouldn't say "things suck".  The fact CD is going to be released is a small miracle to someone like me.  

This sums it up from my point of view....  When you peak at your Christmas presents, you definitely spoil the surprise for yourself, but you're still excited for Christmas.  of course its always better when mom and dad got you a handful of presents that you didn't know about  ok

Please don't lump me in with all of the a-holes who were just NEVER satisfied with ANYTHING this band has done over the past decade... but this is the moment that's been building up for over 10 years and as a die hard, I'm just not as excited as I thought I'd be b/c I already know what 2/3 of the surprise is.  I guess there is always next Christmas Wink

More importantly, if this track listing is legit, I don't think the average person is going to think this album is amazing and I don't think the average critic is going to give it a rave review. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:57:11 PM by Hil-Dog » Logged

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: October 17, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »

The only disappointing thing is that a few of the songs I don't like made the album, but I know others are going to love those songs so it's cool. I'm still stoked to hear finished versions of Better, The Blues, CITR, Madagascar, and Prostitute. I'd be disappointed if any one of those songs weren't on it. So for me, it's not a matter of having heard any of them before, it's a matter of which ones I like and which ones I don't. I honestly think I'm more excited to hear the finished versions than I would be if I hadn't heard any of the leaks.
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #519 on: October 17, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »

I'm glad Axl did it HIS way though.  Maybe not the delay, but everything else is perfectly cool with me.  Going out and hiring the best musicians who he could work with.  He did this project wisely.  I'm happy he's finally getting it out to the masses.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: