Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134068 times)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #480 on: October 17, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »

wow, it would take a totally illiterate moron to transcribe an oral "Catcher IN The Rye" as "cather n' the rye"  LOLOLOLOLO

unfortunately, there are many illitterate morons, nowadays

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »

i guess that "Riad N' The Bedouins" is a typo as well.....

Behold, the evil that men do...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »

The way that this album sounds, how it brings together elements of Classic Rock, Industrial, ballads, Metal, electronic, and even hip hop beats so perfectly, I think is going to make the rest of my album collection irrelevant for the most part haha. I have always been the weirdo who listens to so much different types of music, and this has put it together like the dream band you always think about.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I feel bad for the OLD Appetite fans that may not be down with a new sound. But a lot of them never got that with the Illusions albums either really. Ive always been a bigger fan of the Illusions and thought they'd have done way better as ONE album.

What!!??  Couldn't DISAGREE more! What songs could you have done without from the Illusions?? nervous..besides My world?  You mean to say you wish you hadn't the opportunaty to hear an albums worth of material from the Illusions?? strange...i don't understand that, even if you don't like a song or two, lots of other people will, the more songs the better.IMO
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »

The way that this album sounds, how it brings together elements of Classic Rock, Industrial, ballads, Metal, electronic, and even hip hop beats so perfectly, I think is going to make the rest of my album collection irrelevant for the most part haha. I have always been the weirdo who listens to so much different types of music, and this has put it together like the dream band you always think about.

I feel bad for the OLD Appetite fans that may not be down with a new sound. But a lot of them never got that with the Illusions albums either really. Ive always been a bigger fan of the Illusions and thought they'd have done way better as ONE album.

What!!??  Couldn't DISAGREE more! What songs could you have done without from the Illusions?? nervous..besides My world?  You mean to say you wish you hadn't the opportunaty to hear an albums worth of material from the Illusions?? strange...i don't understand that, even if you don't like a song or two, lots of other people will, the more songs the better.IMO
And I like "My World" so go figure. Smiley Like you said, what one person doesn't like, another will. Breakdown is beloved by many people, but it's one of my least favorite. But I love Coma, Back Off Bitch, and Don't Damn me, which a lot of people don't necessarily care for (at least the last two).
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »

I don't think he's saying that at all.  He's saying, what MANY people have said over the years.  IF Use Your Illusion was made into ONE album, take the best of the best, it probably would've had as much acclaim as Appetite.  But since the best songs were grouped with what some saw as filler the two albums aren't viewed as highly as they COULD be.  (just to note, I don't view any of it as filler, but that's what the so called experts say)  I don't think he was knocking the albums at all.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #485 on: October 17, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »

There is no such thing as filler

there are songs u like and don't like case closed

I think its being a complete fucking snob to try and say cause u don't like something its "Filler"

bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »

I think it's fucking great the album is finally being released, but I'm not overly impressed with what I'm hearing in the songs.  That's not a knock on Guns necessarily.  I felt the same about Death Magnetic too.  I think maybe rock (as we know it) is dead.  CD sticks out worse, because it's been 15 years, but think about it... 15 years is a long time... almost a generation.  Things have changed so much.  Pop is THE music of choice now.  It's no longer rock.  I miss those days, man.  I'm proud of the work these guys did on Chinese, but I think it's too little - too late.  This thing sells 1.5 million to 2 million tops.  I wish it the best! 
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2008, 09:05:04 PM »

I think its being a complete fucking snob to try and say cause u don't like something its "Filler"

There is such a thing called filler. Black Sabbath's most famous song is a filler. They needed one more track for the Paranoid album so they wrote and recorded the song Paranoid there and then in the studio.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »

There is such a thing called filler. Black Sabbath's most famous song is a filler. They needed one more track for the Paranoid album so they wrote and recorded the song Paranoid there and then in the studio.

peace

Exactly and Paranoid isn't filler.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #489 on: October 17, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »

peace

Exactly and Paranoid isn't filler.

Paranoid was recorded to fill an empty slot on the record. So yes it is. its a good song but its was written as a filler.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #490 on: October 17, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »

from the point of view of the record company or Best Buy, i'm not sure i see the rationale behind releasing an album with at least 5 songs that can be listened to on Youtube the last few years and a few more that can be picked up by anyone with modest understanding of the internet. Every review is going to be "...with only 4 songs not previously heard...". To my mind, that kind of takes away the steam of promoting it as "FINALLY after 17 years..."

also, doesnt the first single, if they're releasing a traditional single, HAVE to be a song no one's heard before?

I listened to the leaks... but it was my choice.
If people/critics are downloading them or listening via you tube.. their choice.
It's not an obligation.

But please, listen/judge unfineshed tracks and still critize the album for having leaked songs.. well that's the normal level hipocrisy that we have in almost every journalist that write something about Axl, GNR and CD.

I'm a fan, I want to buy the album, listen to the finished tracks, no matter if I heard 1 or 14 of them before.

i'm saying more from a sales/ marketing point of view...it's not really a new album. Madagascar was on MTV 6 years ago. They dont have to sell it to the choir (us) they have to sell it to a million or two other people as the triumphant return etc etc, but with more than half the album available online for years, the return is more of a trickle-again, from a marketing perspective-than an explosion

OK, so still (kinda) outside of your perspective: Yes, they have to sell it to the general audience, not only to GNR fans. Anyway, the option of downloading the leaks or not is the same. Those who likes any kind of music (hard rock) and wanted to listen to them just did. It's their problem, they should've known it would be on the next GNR record. Just don't have the right to complain now.

Getting to your point, let?s consider what general music fans could've legally heard:
Regularly played since 2001/02: "CD", "Madagascar" and "The Blues"= 3 songs;
If we count "Rhiad", played only 3 times. = 4 songs
On 2006 they added "Better" and "IRS", so we have 6 "revealed" songs.
TWAT, on just 2 shows = 7 songs
Rock Band (not everyone has videogames): Shackler's = 8 songs
Body of Lies: If the World (1:30, not everyone saw/will see the movie) = 9 CD "revealed" songs

Ask those people this:
1) When was the last time GNR toured?
2) Have you been there?
3) Did you listen to some bootleg track/video? Like it?
4) Say 3 new GNR song titles?
5) Could you sing them/remember the melodies?
6) Who are the members these days?

The ordinary answers you would have:
1) Not sure or / Maybe 2006.
2) No or / I went to one concert and was great.
3) No or / I saw a bootleg couple times. I liked, but prefer the old songs/band.
4) Madagascar, Axl played on VMA's;.... Better and.... don't know.
5) No. Wait! Na na na na .. I know better, better.. na na na... that's all dude.
6) Axl, Bucket.. no, Bumblefoot, Robert Finck and.. well Slash is out.

Remember those guys looking scared at you when you sang along "the blues" at one of the concerts?
That was not because your voice sucked.. in fact, they didn't know the lyrics and didn't understand how you knew it.

So, do you really think that those "9" (5) songs are old to them?? I'd say 3 "vaguely known" songs at the most.
On the other hand, the reason GNR showed this songs on gigs/game/movie was to make the public familiar with at least 1 of those tracks, generanting curiosity and interest, and that's what marketing is all about. Sales are just consequences.

Could we have the same hype if the songs were totally new? Maybe for us downloading motherfuckers, but not for the rest of the world. Just promotion for 14 unknown tracks of a "15 years inactive" band, even with strong "brands" like GNR, Axl and Chinese Democracy, wouldn't be enough for this shitty music market nowadays.
The "making it familiar" strategy is a very smart way to mitigate that, a least a little.

My friends, those "free trials"(legal ones) along with apropriate mass promotion, which is on it's way, the band members charisma, AND THE FINISHED TRACKS, will make GNR rule the world again.

P.S.: Also, remember, if they didn't play any new songs on those ways: "Fuck! they play the same songs since 1994"; "I told the album doesn't exist"; "It's a cover band"; "No singles until now? 2009 here we go"; etc, etc, etc

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »

from the point of view of the record company or Best Buy, i'm not sure i see the rationale behind releasing an album with at least 5 songs that can be listened to on Youtube the last few years and a few more that can be picked up by anyone with modest understanding of the internet. Every review is going to be "...with only 4 songs not previously heard...". To my mind, that kind of takes away the steam of promoting it as "FINALLY after 17 years..."

also, doesnt the first single, if they're releasing a traditional single, HAVE to be a song no one's heard before?

I listened to the leaks... but it was my choice.
If people/critics are downloading them or listening via you tube.. their choice.
It's not an obligation.

But please, listen/judge unfineshed tracks and still critize the album for having leaked songs.. well that's the normal level hipocrisy that we have in almost every journalist that write something about Axl, GNR and CD.

I'm a fan, I want to buy the album, listen to the finished tracks, no matter if I heard 1 or 14 of them before.

i'm saying more from a sales/ marketing point of view...it's not really a new album. Madagascar was on MTV 6 years ago. They dont have to sell it to the choir (us) they have to sell it to a million or two other people as the triumphant return etc etc, but with more than half the album available online for years, the return is more of a trickle-again, from a marketing perspective-than an explosion

OK, so still (kinda) outside of your perspective: Yes, they have to sell it to the general audience, not only to GNR fans. Anyway, the option of downloading the leaks or not is the same. Those who likes any kind of music (hard rock) and wanted to listen to them just did. It's their problem, they should've known it would be on the next GNR record. Just don't have the right to complain now.

Getting to your point, let?s consider what general music fans could've legally heard:
Regularly played since 2001/02: "CD", "Madagascar" and "The Blues"= 3 songs;
If we count "Rhiad", played only 3 times. = 4 songs
On 2006 they added "Better" and "IRS", so we have 6 "revealed" songs.
TWAT, on just 2 shows = 7 songs
Rock Band (not everyone has videogames): Shackler's = 8 songs
Body of Lies: If the World (1:30, not everyone saw/will see the movie) = 9 CD "revealed" songs

Ask those people this:
1) When was the last time GNR toured?
2) Have you been there?
3) Did you listen to some bootleg track/video? Like it?
4) Say 3 new GNR song titles?
5) Could you sing them/remember the melodies?
6) Who are the members these days?

The ordinary answers you would have:
1) Not sure or / Maybe 2006.
2) No or / I went to one concert and was great.
3) No or / I saw a bootleg couple times. I liked, but prefer the old songs/band.
4) Madagascar, Axl played on VMA's;.... Better and.... don't know.
5) No. Wait! Na na na na .. I know better, better.. na na na... that's all dude.
6) Axl, Bucket.. no, Bumblefoot, Robert Finck and.. well Slash is out.

Remember those guys looking scared at you when you sang along "the blues" at one of the concerts?
That was not because your voice sucked.. in fact, they didn't know the lyrics and didn't understand how you knew it.

So, do you really think that those "9" (5) songs are old to them?? I'd say 3 "vaguely known" songs at the most.
On the other hand, the reason GNR showed this songs on gigs/game/movie was to make the public familiar with at least 1 of those tracks, generanting curiosity and interest, and that's what marketing is all about. Sales are just consequences.

Could we have the same hype if the songs were totally new? Maybe for us downloading motherfuckers, but not for the rest of the world. Just promotion for 14 unknown tracks of a "15 years inactive" band, even with strong "brands" like GNR, Axl and Chinese Democracy, wouldn't be enough for this shitty music market nowadays.
The "making it familiar" strategy is a very smart way to mitigate that, a least a little.

My friends, those "free trials"(legal ones) along with apropriate mass promotion, which is on it's way, the band members charisma, AND THE FINISHED TRACKS, will make GNR rule the world again.

P.S.: Also, remember, if they didn't play any new songs on those ways: "Fuck! they play the same songs since 1994"; "I told the album doesn't exist"; "It's a cover band"; "No singles until now? 2009 here we go"; etc, etc, etc

I agree it's your choice if you decided to listen to the leaks or not.  If you went and saw them live and they played the new song's well that's live, so nobody's heard the studio version (final version).  What you guy's heard are old demo's there's gonna be a BIG DIFFRENCE from those, GnR is back and its a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #492 on: October 17, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »

I think that some albums have filler songs.

By this I'm meaning songs that aren't singles and aren't "special".

For instance D, me being a huge Bon Jovi fan, there song "Last Cigarette" or whatever it was called off of HAND is a filler track.

It wasn't a single, and wasn't good, or special.

C.D. will not have 14 singles, so the what isn't a single, or a fan fav is typically a filler song.

Libertad is all filler but 3 or 4 songs.

Slippery When Wet has NO filler, that album is solid and classic.

Appetite For D. has no filler, because it all works and is classic.

Def Leppard's Hysteria, the same.

Def Leppard's Songs From the Sparkle lounge, it has filler... there's songs that are just songs.

I'm rambling... sorry.

I think some albums have a couple filler songs. Bon Jovi's song "Joey" perfect example of a filler track. Not bad, not good, just there. Filling in.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »

If you wanna talk about other bands besides GN'R, there's a place for that.

It's not this thread or this section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »

All of these songs have single potential

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:32 PM »

i think the tracklist is great and the album will be epic

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: October 17, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »

Great word.  These songs are epic sounding, and will have a very hard hitting, emotional, epic sound

DarkKnight
Headliner

« Reply #497 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »

Call me crazy, but my favorite song of the lot is "IRS".  I think it has the most potential too.  Just my gut feeling.  Has a catchy chorus and a fucking awesome hook.  The music is well done and Ron's solo fucking rocks at the end. 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #498 on: October 17, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

IRS is an awesome choice.  All of the songs will have their own hook that will draw you in.  For me its the second solo in there was a time

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »

Pretty disappointing.  I know I'm a downloading mother fucker, but I've heard almost the entire album!! lame.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: