Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134012 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #440 on: October 17, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »

17 years and 10 million dollars will all be worth it just to properly release a song like Catcher in the Rye.  True meaning of the word "classic".

That's the amazing thing.

Everybody has their favorites that they consider classics.

Somebody says "oh that song shouldn't be on the album" and so on, and then somebody else considers that particular track a classic!

Seems like there really is something for everybody on the album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #441 on: October 17, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »

exactly jarmo,

an album that truely has something for everyone,

the diversity of the music will be the thing that is celebrated about chinese democracy and indeed axl rose.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2008, 03:06:41 PM »

17 years and 10 million dollars will all be worth it just to properly release a song like Catcher in the Rye.  True meaning of the word "classic".

Somebody says "oh that song shouldn't be on the album" and so on, and then somebody else considers that particular track a classic!

/jarmo

Couldn't agree more.  Something tells me This I Love might be a throwback to fans who are all about the UYI albums, since that's around the time it was first written.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

Catcher is amazing. Lyrically, and musically. I've never been a fan of IRS, but just recently starting to love it. Can't wait till this thing is out.

Is it for sure Nov 25 and not Now 23?

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

Catcher is amazing. Lyrically, and musically. I've never been a fan of IRS, but just recently starting to love it. Can't wait till this thing is out.

Is it for sure Nov 25 and not Now 23?

a.

Today's Rolling Stone article says that Best Buy confirmed 11/23, but their site still says 11/25?  Confusing.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »

Catcher and this i love are the ones I am most pumped for . i loced the Catcher Demo even though it wasn't that great as far as sound quality , but you can tell that song is going to be fucking epic.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »

I couldn't be happier with that track list.

November 23 is going to take FOREVER to get here.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »

Agree and thats why this album is gonna be classic

U can't pick one song and say "THIS" is the best

I think Madagascar is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better and more epic than TWAT

I think Catcher in the Rye is one of the best songs I've ever heard and it was a very shitty quality demo

dont even get me started on how awesome Prostitute is, probably some of Axl's greatest lyrics to date if not the best.

They have done wonders with the title track as well.

I use to think it was ok............ but they've really made it into a great song.

I still love Shackler's

The Blues or Street of Dreams........... I think it may be the one that has lost the most steam with me. There Was A Time *HAHAHA NICE PUN* that it was right up there with Estranged for me but now, it doesn't hit me as strong for some reason.

IRS is ok............ not my favorite, sometimes though I really like it, sometimes its ok

Better......... runs hot and cold with me. some days its the most amazing song ever, others its ok........

If The World sounds timeless, its the one song that really just sounds timeless.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

If The World sounds timeless, its the one song that really just sounds timeless.

Agreed entirely... of the songs we've heard, I think If The World has the greatest chance of extreme success in any sort of mainstream sense.  It's catchy, has an incredibly strong hook, and is a very diverse sounding song, while still retaining all the basic elements that make a good rock song.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #449 on: October 17, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »

what would be amazing, just thinkin, as a massive thankyou to the fans who quite frankly have supported gnr through thick and thin, us.

If axl were to post his statament here first, what a gesture of thanks would that be to us, the people who have helped keep this band alive or 15 years.

just a thought..........................

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #450 on: October 17, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »

I wish they'd record a folksy version of My World and slip it in there as a hidden track.

Sorry I'm just getting all excited...very much like Jimmy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJyE6M3H4s

smoking beer peace ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »

Was it Tommy that described the album as a "melting pot"?  I could easily see that being the case... can't wait for the unheard songs!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »

do we know something about the track "scraped"? any rumors on that one? rocker, possible single etc.? sorry, so many threads here, didn't want to make another one for this... i guess it's the only song we only know the writing-credits and nothing much else. true?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:29:24 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »

/jarmo

absolutely, no doubt the album is filled with nothing but shit strong songs!
I was a bit disappointed first with the tracklist since I've heard most the songs, but now I don't give a fuck. the album is coming for fucks sake! and we'll hear the final final versions of the songs in the right order with the cover in our hands for the first time ever!
my favourite atm is probably If the World. and then we have Shackler's Revenge too, I can't get enough of that song! I haven't heard Better in a year or two at least, and I fucking love it! hearing the final version of it will blow my head off!
in total, I like all the songs. when everyone was dissing Riad years ago, I firmly believed that it the studio version of it would kick serious ass, and I'm glad it made it on the album!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »

do we know something about the track "scraped"? any rumors on that one? rocker, possible single etc.? sorry, so many threads here, didn't want to make another one for this... i guess it's the only song we only know the credits and nothing much else.

A while ago in an interview, Brain mentioned a rocker that Bucket wrote when discussing CD.  That could be Shackler's, Scraped, or another song that will be on a later album, but he seemed to think at the time it would be on CD.

Eddie Trunk mentioned after playing IRS on the air that the CD had a couple other songs.  Here's what he had to say about one of them "The last track, which I did not play, was the best. A great rocker, with tons of shredding guitar from Buckethead. I don't know what the title was, but I kinda wish I had the chance to play that one as well. Mike & I didn't really know what we had, so we just played the first track IRS."  Sounds like that could be it
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »

btw Street of Dreams should have been changed to Ok, Nevermind. A much better title than the one they gave it

Recycled joke....

I agree.  Cannot wait to hear a proper version of that gorgeous, lush and moving song.  It has a touch of the Beatles with the "Na, Na, Na" hook and that Queen feel thanks to Brian May's solo among other things.  Which reminds me, I wonder if his solo will be on the final version of the song?  I hope so.  It was amazing.

Ali
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »

do we know something about the track "scraped"? any rumors on that one? rocker, possible single etc.? sorry, so many threads here, didn't want to make another one for this... i guess it's the only song we only know the credits and nothing much else.

A while ago in an interview, Brain mentioned a rocker that Bucket wrote when discussing CD.  That could be Shackler's, Scraped, or another song that will be on a later album, but he seemed to think at the time it would be on CD.

Eddie Trunk mentioned after playing IRS on the air that the CD had a couple other songs.  Here's what he had to say about one of them "The last track, which I did not play, was the best. A great rocker, with tons of shredding guitar from Buckethead. I don't know what the title was, but I kinda wish I had the chance to play that one as well. Mike & I didn't really know what we had, so we just played the first track IRS."  Sounds like that could be it

yeah, hope it's a rocker in that direction described in the quote... thanx anyway.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »

CITR is simply amazing. It has such a classic and epic feel to it. The tone and delivery of the song from start to finish is magical.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »

yeah, hope it's a rocker in that direction described in the quote... thanx anyway.
I thought the recent Rolling Stone article described "Scraped" as a rocker.  I read that in some article in the last couple days.  Ah, maybe not.  The Rolling Stone article just mentions the song, doesn't describe it at all.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:51:59 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »

best buy has updated the tracklist with a new order, full "catcher n' the rye" and "riad n' the bedoUins"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9111016&st=guns+n%27+roses&type=product&id=1925065
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:00:03 PM by nonlinear » Logged

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: