Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134019 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #420 on: October 17, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »

No. It has taken all these years, and you think the leaks from July weren't finished songs?

I know there's no way to tell for sure, but IMO those are the done tracks.

So most of us have 10 of the 14 tracks off chinese democ.

It's just the truth! I mean how long could you rework a song for?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »

Exactly.  The other songs are only "old" to those of us who've heard the leaks.  It's the risk we all took by listening to them.  It's no one's fault that those songs aren't "new" but our own.  To complain and/or blame the band for that is ridiculous.

Ali

This is what kills me. Yeah we listened to the leaks, our fault. I get that.

Why... just why did most of us succomb to listening to the leaks?

think...

some more...

Probably because this album took a fucking decade to come out. Makes sense? Yea...

But don't damn me
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »

So? It took 10 years, but does that give you any right to do it?

Lots of people downloaded, I did. But we don't have any right to complain about the tracklist, because they didn't worked in all those amazing songs we heard just for some of us. It's just not fair to demand such a thing.

Anyways, it's getting tired. It should be a Frustration Tracklist Thread for that.

No. It has taken all these years, and you think the leaks from July weren't finished songs?

Just listen to Chinese Democracy from the Best Buy event (or from any 2007 shows) - straight drums and fretless. There's no such a thing on the July demo.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

Lol - after all these years, we get only three new songs on the album!!!

U cant make this stuff up!

Well that's what you get for downloading demos. I deleted all mine today, I expect the full versions to be a lot different anyways.

Exactly.  The other songs are only "old" to those of us who've heard the leaks.  It's the risk we all took by listening to them.  It's no one's fault that those songs aren't "new" but our own.  To complain and/or blame the band for that is ridiculous.

Ali

Agreed.

Plus, Its not like we will have to wait 14 years for the follow up. Hell the follow up could come Spring/summer 2010.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »

so.... what would you take..

a long ass press release that takes 8 minutes to read or a press release saying:

"Ever been in an earthquake motherfuckers?

Chinese democracy starts now!"

i'd take the longass motherfucker, and i think it will be one like the personal letter from late 06 early 07
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2008, 02:03:53 PM »

There are numerous ways to know for sure.  One is to go see Body of Lies and listen to If The World, it is different from the leak.  Another is to hear the footage from the Best Buy convention, where Chinese Democracy has new, heavy guitars during the verses that have never been on any leak.  Another way is to listen to Ron.  He stated that the songs that leaked in the summer were old demos that are from before he joined the band.  He also said that he plays on every track on the album including a lot of solos, and is clearly not present on any of the songs leaked in the summer.  And finally, there are numerous additions that were made on the 2006/2007 tour (e.g. the drum fill before the outro on The Blues, some of the rhythm guitar on IRS) that are not on the leaks.  They are not final versions.  They are not fully mixed and mastered, that is blatantly obvious if you watch Body of Lies and hear If The World
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »

I'm not complaining.

I just think that the leaked songs from July are the ones that will be on C.D.

it was just 3 months ago people.

I think they are current.

So we have most of the album now. THat is all i'm saying. I love the tracklisting!

But don't damn me
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »

I'm not complaining.

I just think that the leaked songs from July are the ones that will be on C.D.

it was just 3 months ago people.

I think they are current.

I'm not sure about the logic behind this.  1999 versions of IRS, TWAT and Catcher leaked in 2006.  Does that mean they were current? 

It's not even about opinions.  It's an indisputable fact, that can be verified by either listening to someone in the band who knows what's going on, or by listening to the versions of the songs in the movie and at the convention.  Those leaks are not final at all
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2008, 02:08:39 PM »

Those who have somehow "obtained" the leaks knew the possibility of ruining any surprise, but at the same time we have been waiting what...17 years?  I can understand not only the impatience...but the feeling (mine included) that it would NEVER actually see the light of day.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »

I see both sides of the tracklist argument. Although I feel both the band and the fans are to blame, ultimately we the fans cant say anything. We downloaded the leaks and have listened to them non stop.

My only issue with the band is that they played the majority of the leaks on tour countless times. I just wish they never played the new songs until the album was ready and they were ready to get the ball rolling. I was always of the opinion that I rather see the album before any gnr tour. I have said that since day one. But there is nothing we can do about it now.

What I am going to try and do is not listen to the leaks from now till release day and I def will not be re arranging the order of the leaks to the official track list. I will also be listening to the album straight thru so that I can get a natural first impression of the songs we havnt heard..

btw the main reason I am pissed at the band is because they didnt rename "The Blues" to "Ok, Nevermind" ..lol how great of a title would that have been!

Although I love Rhiad I am dissapointed it made the cut. I always thought it should be on a follow up and not this album. I could do without IRS as well...I think its an ok song but maybe the studio version will change my opinion.

Above all I am really looking foward to the album as a whole. The songs we have heard are amazing and I still listen to them non stop after all of these years. Out of the old songs I am anxious to hear CITR and TWAT studio versions. I think the other old songs will pretty much sound like what we have.

Cant wait!!! Soon IS the word!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:27:04 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

I think people kid themselves a little with thinking new versions are going to be different.

sure, there may be some guitar here and there, a drum fill here and there, a backing vocal

but you've heard the main riffs, vocals, lyrics and melodies.

If you hated IRS back in 2004 or whenever Trunk/Piazza leaked it, u will probably still hate it in 2008.

I am very excited about a proper version of Catcher in the Rye.

Amazing song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #431 on: October 17, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

I think people kid themselves a little with thinking new versions are going to be different.

sure, there may be some guitar here and there, a drum fill here and there, a backing vocal

If you hated IRS back in 2004 or whenever Trunk/Piazza leaked it, u will probably still hate it in 2008.

Amazing song.

The Mix will be a lot different, and that's a huge difference with songs. Take a listen to WTTJ mix before it was released or even November Rain, Night and day basically.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #432 on: October 17, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »

Some people will never be happy.

No matter what.

Everybody is always able to whine about something.

If GNR tours, ''GNR is touring without a record''. If GNR doesn't tour, ''GNR doesnt tour''.

If GNR delays the album ''GNR delays the album''. If GNR releases the album, ''well, I dont like the tracklist''.

There is absolutely NO reason, at this time, for not being happy and excited.

Some people find reasons where they doesnt exist, anyway.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »

Amazing song.

The Mix will be a lot different, and that's a huge difference with songs. Take a listen to WTTJ mix before it was released or even November Rain, Night and day basically.

The versions I've heard, other than Catcher, sound pretty damn good quality wise.  Yes, we may hear some improvements, but I agree with D 100%, and think the arranagements will be basically the same if not exactly the same.  This is not like back in the day when you'd get a demo of WTTJ copied many times over on cassette.  Don't set yourselves up for dissappointment when you can't tell the difference between what you've heard and whats on the album.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »

I agree. I am amazed about the amount of complaints coming from the boards about the tracklist. In fact shocked. What did these people expect? I also find it odd that these people think that the tracklist is a "front" for the real one and that people still dont think song#2 isnt Prostitute. The funniest one is when I read that people think Street of Dreams is a totally new song. Lets get it together people. btw Street of Dreams should have been changed to Ok, Nevermind. A much better title than the one they gave it

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Olorin
« Reply #435 on: October 17, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »

Amazing song.

That original IRS is my favourite so far, the most recent was really lacking the ooomph that the first one had.

I can hardly wait for Catcher as well, I really hope that it still has that same vibe and feel of the demo. I just love the way Axl sings "but every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun..." It will be interesting to see if he sings it in that unraspy fashion, I think it really suits that song.

I think Riad will be the most changed of all we have heard, its the one song that I really hope that there is less Axl.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #436 on: October 17, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

Amazing song.

The versions I've heard, other than Catcher, sound pretty damn good quality wise.  Yes, we may hear some improvements, but I agree with D 100%, and think the arranagements will be basically the same if not exactly the same.  This is not like back in the day when you'd get a demo of WTTJ copied many times over on cassette.  Don't set yourselves up for dissappointment when you can't tell the difference between what you've heard and whats on the album.  
Some changes in the arrangement AND mix (like Chinese Democracy, the song) can make it way better.

A bad mix can ruin a song. A good one can make it even better.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #437 on: October 17, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

Amazing song.

The biggest thing for me is hearing songs that have a real mix and are mastered.  These songs have so many layers of sound that listening to songs that don't have a real mix does a disservice

That said, if you listen to the 1999 version of IRS and TWAT compared to later versions it's night and day.  And the new 2006 version of CD was much better than 2002.  The album version of CD played at the Best Buy convention is going to kick serious ass.  Ron's really, really beefed up the guitars during the verses and added a whole new element to the song.  That's the problem with the leaks.  They are not complete.  There may be entire guitar tracks that are missing that will be there on the final version
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #438 on: October 17, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »

I wonder why the setlist got changed?

J? any comments?

the tracklist you see now is the final tracklist
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #439 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »

btw Street of Dreams should have been changed to Ok, Nevermind. A much better title than the one they gave it

Recycled joke....

17 years and 10 million dollars will all be worth it just to properly release a song like Catcher in the Rye.  True meaning of the word "classic".
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: