Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134111 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »

You will be able to walk into a store and buy Chinese Democracy.

That alone should generate enough excitement for quite a while for GN'R fans.

/jarmo
It's more than enough for me. I can't wait to plop down $20 and get the album and some change.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

To the people saying it's our fault that we downloaded the leaks I say NO !:

SEVEN SONGS were already played live (its not illegal to go to a concert and listen to the songs being played !)

Chinese Democracy
Street Of Dreams (The Blues)
Better
 There Was A Time
Riad N' The Bedovins
I.R.S.
 Madagascar

and two of them were already released elsewhere
3. Shackler's Revenge
5. If The World

so that leaves us with only two illegally downloaded tracks:
Prostitute (if it's the unknown song number two)
and catcher (if it is really catcher in the rye)

7 TO 2...

SO I MOSTLY BLAME THE BAND. Tongue

Sheesh! So I take it you have only heard the songs live, when you went to a gig. You don't have them downloaded at all? That would mean you've heard LIVE versions only and then only a couple of times each AT THE MOST. You should be PUMPED to hear them over and over again in high quality.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »

"You try and hold me down
With your complaints
You cry and moan and complain
You whine an tear"

Man, we're beyond crazy, we're borderline esquizofrenic...

How come we spend 10 years or more demanding, asking, begging for news and when they come we bitch about the very news we've been asking for?!

Those who think the CD is full of "known" songs don't see two things: every band perform new songs live before they release them on an album and, yes, shit (or leaks) happens to almost every band.

I, for one, am glad that I could see my favourite band live on RIR 3, where not only they performed the classic songs which I loved and made me a fan in the first place, but also brand new songs from an album I was and I would expect for years to come.

Those brand new songs transformed me from a huge fan to a follower.

And since then I've been seeking for every single piece of news and information from this band, avid for words such as "RELEASE DATE", "COVER ART", "TRACKLIST".

And now, here they are. At last. And I'm happy.

And above it all, I'm happy that I'll hear those songs I've heard live in 2001, or on youtube videos of other shows, or in the end credits of a movie, or on a videogame, all at once, and with the certainty that this time I'm gonna hear it the way the band wanted me to hear it. The way they spent years perfecting it to be the best piece of work they could make.

And, man, I'm really looking forward to it.

: : Vicente : :

"all that anger, all that anger"
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »

So the Rubber in your wallet has passed its used by date, buy another in-case that hot chick you've had your eye on decide to say "go to town" - your GNR song virginity is always broken the first time you hear it, will it stop your hearing it again? not if you are anything like me you won't.

Its abit like getting laid with somebody new, it won't be the same as the last bird. I don't regret listening to leaks, are they the finished article? Better, Maddy et al you've heard live won't be anything close to an album. The quality with the real deal will also be better.

Still there's always the next album to look to, in "saving yourself for" if you don't like your experience this time round, be strong, restrain yourself next time, and look forward to using a wallet full of rubbers next time.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

Can't believe some people are bitching.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the album.  Because songs can be good, but it's the album, as a whole, that is a true work of art.  All the songs, in an order designed to take you from one experience to another.  drool  That's where the real joy of it is.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »

We haven't heard the real versions of any of the songs except for Shackler's, and 90 seconds of If The World

If The World in the movie sounded pristine.  I can't wait to hear the songs the way they are meant to be heard.  For example I think IRS on the album is going to capture the raw, massive sound of it live.  These songs all have so many layers and nuances that, as great as they are, they can't be fully appreciated until you hear the final product
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

People are going to complain if the booklet is made of recycled materials.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:34 PM »

I'm pretty pumped that "Catcher" is on there. I was disappointed by a false report a while back with a tracklisting where it wasn't mentioned.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »

I'm pretty pumped that "Catcher" is on there. I was disappointed by a false report a while back with a tracklisting where it wasn't mentioned.

yeah, i know quite how you feel. catcher is maybe my all time gnr favorite...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »

Same here.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »

I'm completely satisfied with the track-listing, there are some amazing songs on there. It just seems weird how it looks to have been quickly thrown together, with the spelling errors and whatnot. Weird. For what it's worth, I TOTALLY think 'Madagascar' should close out the album, though. I think it would if this were a concept album  Wink

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #331 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »

posted on billboard.com
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003874830

and a blood curdling Axl scream doesn't open my leak of the song "Chinese Democracy", so maybe they are very different versions.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:24:43 PM by crayallica » Logged

age 37....volume always at 10
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »

I am at a loss for words I'm so fucking happy.   love  So many years.  I think I'm most happy for Axl...November is going to be unreal!!!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »

Same here.

THIRDED. "Catcher" is right there with "Estranged" and "Rocket Queen" on my best of the best of the best list. Absolutely phenomenal song.ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »

November is set to be a kick ass month for me, new president to make fun of, Metallica concert headbanger and CHINESE DEMOCRACY headbanger x5

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »

That tells me nothing. Its a long winded way of reaffirming the fact that we dont know anything without revealing anything whatsoever.

Why the hell do you need details? It's been a rocky road. Why isn't that enough for you?

Fucking amazing how you like to focus on this now.

During the most exciting days we've seen!

You have the release date, so you focus on "but it's not the songs I wanted" or "but it took too long".

You probably said that it took too long five years ago. Leave those comments in 2003.

The album contains 14 songs, 10 of which have been floating around the internet for months and in some cases up to 7 years...".

Who do you make music for then?

The fucking reviewers or yourself?

Honestly.

If you should be angry at somebody, it's the people who decided to put these songs online.

They ruined it for you, they fucked up things for the band, they ruined it for the people marketing the album (as you put it) and so on.

But you're not doing that. You're just pointing out how the songs were leaked and how the band shouldn't have released their music based on that.

You're not angry at the car thief, you're angry at the car owner.

/jarmo

of course you make music for yourself, but froma label point of view they have to worry about things like this. There's no point being mad at the leaker at this point because it cant be undone, which is why i think they should have tried to maneuver around it.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2008, 11:04:07 PM »

Same here.

THIRDED. "Catcher" is right there with "Estranged" and "Rocket Queen" on my best of the best of the best list. Absolutely phenomenal song.ok

It's not there for me, but I believe TWAT can hold it's own with the classics.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »

What i think is interesting and great is that even us hard core fans have differing opinions on all the songs. Some say that catcher is among GNR's greatest songs, and then others say they disagree but think TWAT is among GNR's greatest. Ive also heard many say this about better, the blue, maddy, and so on.  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:11 PM »

Basically im saying that there is probably gonna be something on this album for everyone to like.

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:47 PM »

I definitely look forward to finished versions of these songs.

I haven't listened to them in a very very long time, so they are once again going to be very fresh to me when I do listen.

Its gonna be difficult calling The Blues something different.

I really hope they changed "Street of Dreams" back to more of the RIR3 version. I don't want to sound bitchy or whiny, but RIR3's version to this day ranks up there with Estranged for me as far as emotion etc.

The 2002-2006 versions didnt for some reason. I can't put my finger on exactly what is different............. it seems slower maybe? less guitar?? The way Axl sings the part at the end after the last "All in Memories"

I loved at RIR3 how he did the screams

seems he changed them and they don't hit my heart the same way as they do at RIR3.

but anyhow I look forward to seeing some of u guys at GNR shows

Im praying they come somewhere remotely close to me

SO GNR, Atlanta or Nashville, or even Cincinnati Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: