Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134025 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »

Oh Lord, I hope we get an update ASAP so we can end all this debating over leak ethics.   Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »

So who knows where the the real story lies or when it will be told, if ever.

Quote from: Axl
To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn?t jeopardize the band or the album. It?s easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation.

There you have it.

Now please move on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn?t jeopardize the band or the album. It?s easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation.

There you have it.

Now please move on.

/jarmo

Have what Jarmo?

That tells me nothing. Its a long winded way of reaffirming the fact that we dont know anything without revealing anything whatsoever.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »

There you have it.

Now please move on.

/jarmo

Have what Jarmo?

That tells me nothing. Its a long winded way of reaffirming the fact that we dont know anything without revealing anything whatsoever.

This is sooooo pointless....Mysteron where are you?!
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

But from a marketing perspective, which is what my original posts were concerned with, it would seem to make sense to have the hyped comeback album be completely new, with the exception of the title track which obviously has to be on the album.

But the songs are new to most people....

November Rain or Don't Cry weren't new when they were released officially. It didn't stop them from becoming what they are today, classics.

/jarmo

in 1991 there were like 3 rock music magazines and the only way you knew of Rock in Rio is if you were there. Look how quickly this present news has spread about the release. The AM news only radio station where i live had a by line about Axl Rose finally releasing his album etc etc. The info is all over the place and is readily available for anyone. Does ayone think every review wont be something like "After 17 years and untold millions of dollars, Guns n Roses is finally releasing Chinese Democracy. The album contains 14 songs, 10 of which have been floating around the internet for months and in some cases up to 7 years...". The label is concerned about getting their money back, hence the exclusive deal, and now more than ever movies and album releases hinge on opening week numbers to generate buzz. With that in mind, i just think it's a poor marketing decision.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

Why the hell do you need details? It's been a rocky road. Why isn't that enough for you?

Fucking amazing how you like to focus on this now.

During the most exciting days we've seen!

You have the release date, so you focus on "but it's not the songs I wanted" or "but it took too long".

You probably said that it took too long five years ago. Leave those comments in 2003.

The album contains 14 songs, 10 of which have been floating around the internet for months and in some cases up to 7 years...".

Who do you make music for then?

The fucking reviewers or yourself?

Honestly.

If you should be angry at somebody, it's the people who decided to put these songs online.

They ruined it for you, they fucked up things for the band, they ruined it for the people marketing the album (as you put it) and so on.

But you're not doing that. You're just pointing out how the songs were leaked and how the band shouldn't have released their music based on that.

You're not angry at the car thief, you're angry at the car owner.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 08:17:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »

But from a marketing perspective, which is what my original posts were concerned with, it would seem to make sense to have the hyped comeback album be completely new, with the exception of the title track which obviously has to be on the album.

November Rain or Don't Cry weren't new when they were released officially. It didn't stop them from becoming what they are today, classics.

/jarmo

in 1991 there were like 3 rock music magazines and the only way you knew of Rock in Rio is if you were there. Look how quickly this present news has spread about the release. The AM news only radio station where i live had a by line about Axl Rose finally releasing his album etc etc. The info is all over the place and is readily available for anyone. Does ayone think every review wont be something like "After 17 years and untold millions of dollars, Guns n Roses is finally releasing Chinese Democracy. The album contains 14 songs, 10 of which have been floating around the internet for months and in some cases up to 7 years...". The label is concerned about getting their money back, hence the exclusive deal, and now more than ever movies and album releases hinge on opening week numbers to generate buzz. With that in mind, i just think it's a poor marketing decision.

Poor marketing? How so?  The marketing of the this album has only begun with the Best Buy deal.  I am floored by all this negative drivel by these people who are disappointed that all the songs some of us have already heard are indeed shockingly a majority of the songs on the album. MOST of the world has NOT heard these songs.  There great songs, enjoy them.  I am so pleased that the good songs I heard are gonna be heard on the album and they were not put aside because they were not "fresh" to bunch of die hards who wont be happy anyways..   I mean if 6 of the leaks were not on 14 song tracklist... This entire thread would be about "Where did all the songs we been hearing go?"   This is rediculous
Christian
VIP

« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2008, 08:28:03 PM »

the album isn't released yet and people are saying shits about marketing and setlist?  rofl rofl rofl
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2008, 08:43:33 PM »

this is hilarious.
people bitching about stuff they aren't even sure about yet!

we won't know anything until an official release. it would be nice if the track list was true on Best Buy, but who knows...it could be a ploy by Best Buy to screw with fanatical GNR fans that will go crazy at the littlest thing (...think it's working? hihi )

Mysteron said at the earliest an announcement would be Thursday, today. give it some time, RELAX, and let things play out people.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »

if you have some pro and contra arguments, trying to see things not only in black and white, there's not much space here sometimes. it's a bit sad, that these discussions always get so polarising and personal.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

I can't believe some of the negativity on this board...well i can because it is nothing new...Im not talking about the majority of you, but a small minority...THIS IS A GREAT DAY...A FUCKING TRACKLIST FOR SOMETHING WE HAVE WAITED OVER A DECADE FOR!!!  So what if you have heard a good portion of the songs? They are great songs!  And I have heard most of them and I am  more excited now then I ever was...for those of you complaining Bumblefoot even said alot of what you heard were not finished versions...How could anyone be complaining today?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »

Even if you heard some/most of the songs, they were incomplete unfinished versions. Now you will get to hear finished mastered and mixed versions.  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »

Even if you heard some/most of the songs, they were incomplete unfinished versions. Now you will get to hear finished mastered and mixed versions.  ok

exactly...having some songs downloaded off the internet means nothing to me...I care about things like the album cover, the artwork, liner notes, song order and the whole package that is album....Thats what I care about...the fact that I have had a few of these songs downloaded for a while means NOTHING to me...im still buying every version there is...
ben9785
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:16 PM »

I can't believe some of the negativity on this board...well i can because it is nothing new...Im not talking about the majority of you, but a small minority...THIS IS A GREAT DAY...A FUCKING TRACKLIST FOR SOMETHING WE HAVE WAITED OVER A DECADE FOR!!!  So what if you have heard a good portion of the songs? They are great songs!  And I have heard most of them and I am  more excited now then I ever was...for those of you complaining Bumblefoot even said alot of what you heard were not finished versions...How could anyone be complaining today?

Even if you don't consider reworked vocals, extra guitar parts, string additions etc, there is going to be a big different just in the way the sounds sound with proper mixing etc.

For instance, the difference between the leaked version of "If the World" and the final version as it was heard in the movie.

There are no major changes to the song itself from what I've heard (apart from a new guitar lead going into a chorus), but the drums are much heavier, the bass line is more defined and together with the drums drives the song with a killer groove. Pitman's synth/strings also don't sound so flat - it gives the song a fuckin epic, cinematic feel. And of course, Axl's vocals lead the song, strong and clear in the mix.

You might have heard this song hundred times already but when I heard it during the film I was blown away all over again.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »

Yea, I cant wait to see the liner notes, cover art, and all that has to do with CD

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »

Agreed!  I'm excited for the rest of the world to be exposed to what many of us already know.  

I'm curious why Axl changed the name from The Blues to Street of Dreams.  If I heard that song on the radio I'd assume it was called The Blues and would look it up under The Blues.  The average person may hear it, like it, but not realize that Street of Dreams is that song.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2008, 09:12:14 PM »

You will be able to walk into a store and buy Chinese Democracy.

That alone should generate enough excitement for quite a while for GN'R fans.

/jarmo

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2008, 09:12:23 PM »

only 4  new songs.......  Sad

There are actually a whole album of new songs. Now if you had done what Axl and the band wished and not downloaded the leaks like some of us then you would be just as excited as us.

**ends father mode**

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »

It's like faldors been saying all day; people wanted to hear new music on the tours, people wanted songs to leak. Now they don't want the album to contain anything they've heard. Strange.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »

/jarmo

you are totally right. catcher and better for example: im looking forward to hearing these songs in their final versions. they are nothing but stunning and have the potential to become classics. like the songs you mentioned. it doesn't matter if you already heard them (and most people haven't). you will probably love em more when you get them in a proper version. but i think that some people - and that's because they know the demos - are a little disappointed that axl (after all those years) also chose some songs that might not be at that great level (e.g. riad, irs).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:04:00 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: