Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 133996 times)
overmatik
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

Since the first time I heard "Chinese Democracy" i knew it would be the open track, even in my unnofficial bootleg  Chinese Democracy is the opening track. And "Message for You" is the closing one, right after "Catcher"!
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »

And "Message for You" is the closing one

confused

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »

Not to be negative, but am I the only one who is just slightly bummed that there are only 3 new songs we havn't heard yet?  Sorry and Scraped are new, Prostitute and  This I love could be new songs, although one could be the Message for you leak, other than that everything else we'v heard allready. 14 years for 3 or 4 new songs and people are loving the tracklisting??

I like the leaks and i'm sure i'll love the disk, but I will admit I was expecting more surprises, I'm hoping for another tracklist, maybe a double disk with some BIG guns we havn't heard yet.

that the point..from one "downloading motherfucker" to another, you really have no right to be pissed...you decided to hear the album early...there are 14 NEW songs on this disc, but only 4 or 5 that you have not been able to steal yet... hihi

I have heard alot of different versions of these songs on the tracklist and I am not disappointed at all...quite the opposite...I was actually quite relieved to see that the songs i have come to know and love over the years made it onto the record....

I didn't steal anything, I paid money to seem them live in concert and listened to one or two demos posted on Youtube briefly.
overmatik
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »

I mean, the last track on the "album". Apologies from a ESL dowloading motherfucker! Embarrassed
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »

For those of you hoping that version B is a second album, the thing that makes me think it's VERY unlikely (other than Jarmo's word on the matter, which seems like enough) is that ALL of the leaks are on the tracklist we've seen.  Imagine if songs from UYI had leaked.  Wouldn't the law of averages say that some of them would end up on I and some on II?  Since all the leaks are on this tracklist, my thought is that this is all we're getting.  (And by "all," I of course mean a mind-fucking kickass sonic bowel-emptier that will have everyone who listens to it cursing the heavens that no other album they ever hear will be worth their time after Chinese Democracy brain-rapes them in the most rawking way imaginable.)

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »

For those of you hoping that version B is a second album, the thing that makes me think it's VERY unlikely (other than Jarmo's word on the matter, which seems like enough) is that ALL of the leaks are on the tracklist we've seen.  Imagine if songs from UYI had leaked.  Wouldn't the law of averages say that some of them would end up on I and some on II?  Since all the leaks are on this tracklist, my thought is that this is all we're getting.  (And by "all," I of course mean a mind-fucking kickass sonic bowel-emptier that will have everyone who listens to it cursing the heavens that no other album they ever hear will be worth their time after Chinese Democracy brain-rapes them in the most rawking way imaginable.)

and the dude from best buy said "i hope we dont have to wait another 14 years for the second album"

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »

from the point of view of the record company or Best Buy, i'm not sure i see the rationale behind releasing an album with at least 5 songs that can be listened to on Youtube the last few years and a few more that can be picked up by anyone with modest understanding of the internet. Every review is going to be "...with only 4 songs not previously heard...". To my mind, that kind of takes away the steam of promoting it as "FINALLY after 17 years..."

also, doesnt the first single, if they're releasing a traditional single, HAVE to be a song no one's heard before?

I listened to the leaks... but it was my choice.
If people/critics are downloading them or listening via you tube.. their choice.
It's not an obligation.

But please, listen/judge unfineshed tracks and still critize the album for having leaked songs.. well that's the normal level hipocrisy that we have in almost every journalist that write something about Axl, GNR and CD.

I'm a fan, I want to buy the album, listen to the finished tracks, no matter if I heard 1 or 14 of them before.

i'm saying more from a sales/ marketing point of view...it's not really a new album. Madagascar was on MTV 6 years ago. They dont have to sell it to the choir (us) they have to sell it to a million or two other people as the triumphant return etc etc, but with more than half the album available online for years, the return is more of a trickle-again, from a marketing perspective-than an explosion
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »

Anybody who's "disappointed". You had a choice.

It's like opening your Christmas presents days early and then sit at Christmas all bummed out because you got nothing left to unwrap.

You made the decision. Nobody else. You did!

/jarmo

to be clear, i will buy the album and probably each song on itunes, so chalk me up for two.....however, i listened to all the leaks and burned most of them to CDs or ipod. Why? because it'd been a long time and we had no reason to think the album was coming anytime soon, as of the last leaks. If Axl would have written a note saying "the album IS coming, please wait to hear it as a singular entity" or something to that effect, i personally would have held off.

i dont mean to bring negativity to something i've been waiting 13 years for, it's just a bit of let down when i can sing probably 4-7 of the songs along with the track on first listen.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »

It's like opening your Christmas presents days early and then sit at Christmas all bummed out because you got nothing left to unwrap.

/jarmo

to be clear, i will buy the album and probably each song on itunes, so chalk me up for two.....however, i listened to all the leaks and burned most of them to CDs or ipod. Why? because it'd been a long time and we had no reason to think the album was coming anytime soon, as of the last leaks. If Axl would have written a note saying "the album IS coming, please wait to hear it as a singular entity" or something to that effect, i personally would have held off.

i dont mean to bring negativity to something i've been waiting 13 years for, it's just a bit of let down when i can sing probably 4-7 of the songs along with the track on first listen.
I know where you're coming from, I guess at times even I wondered if we'd ever see the album.  But deep down, you didn't really think Axl worked on an album, put a new lineup(s) together, toured, played tracks for Baz and others, laid down 3 tracks on Baz's album, wrote an open letter to the fans clearing stating the album was being worked on and wrapped up, that it really would NEVER come out.  If that's the case, you have no faith.  So yes you are to blame for giving up and downloading the leaks.  I'm not gonna condemn you, or anyone for that, because that would make me a hypocrite.  But to now complain that the songs you've already heard because you lost hope are gonna be on the album, I'm sorry but that doesn't fly with me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »

Dude - did you read what you wrote, before you posted?  You stole the music, which you wouldn't have done if Axl told you to wait...and now you are bummed because you have been listening to these stolen songs, and it is a letdown?   confused

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

Yeah I cant believe people are complaining ! man can't please some GnR fan's. Good tracklist here's my order of the tracks im most eager to listen to.

1. Better
2. Catcher
3. This I Love
4. I.R.S.
5. Street Of Dreams
6. Prostitute
7. Madagascar
8. Scraped
9. Sorry
10. TWAT
11. Shacklers Revenge
12. If The World
13.Rhiad
14. Chinese Democracy

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AC
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

I'm listening to the leaks right now as I type this and read about all those who are disappointed. I'm not disappointed, quite happy in fact. If I get killed on the way home from work (knock on wood) at least I can sit at the pearly gates knowing I got some of it in.

It's like dying before getting laid, but you had a chance with an ugly girl and took it, nothing wrong there. Now I get the ugly girl and the hot girl. Works for me, and I'm all practiced up for the hot girl.

I'm actually more excited now that I have the leaks, because before I had almost lost interest in GN'R, but the leaks brought back all level of high interest! LOL.

Peace,
a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
overmatik
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »

The same with me. I downloaded all leaks, but of course that I'm still waiting very anxious for the cd, for the new songs and for the definitive versions of the leaked ones.

But I can't help but remember of people saying that these leaks wouldn't be on the album, and I kind of hoped for the album to be 13 new songs...
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »

seems as if i was WRONG and song nr. 2 is prostitute. according to mygnr and cd.com...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Olorin
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »

Some people are bummed because they expected the release of this album to match the last release of original works from Guns N' Roses, Use Your Illusion 1 and 2.

People are just commenting their opinion thats all.  For anybody to saddle up on the High Horse Sanctimony and strike them down as infadels cuts no mustard with me at all. Its deeply unimpresive, the vast majority of people who listen to leaks - love the band, love the songs and will  buy the album.

Its a sad state of affairs that I think twice before posting here that I'm suprised that it has taken until nearly 2009 to get these 14 songs out. I am very suprised that so many old song titles appear, I thought with the delays something bigger was coming. But I can hardly wait  for the follow up, because I havnt heard a note of it, nor do i want to!
I thought Chinese Democracy would be a huge musical acomplishment and unique expression of unparalleled creativity, but for the time being it appears to be a mere mortal rocking album thats only fucking brilliant.

Thats not whining.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 07:13:46 PM by Olorin » Logged
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »

/jarmo

I know where you're coming from, I guess at times even I wondered if we'd ever see the album.  But deep down, you didn't really think Axl worked on an album, put a new lineup(s) together, toured, played tracks for Baz and others, laid down 3 tracks on Baz's album, wrote an open letter to the fans clearing stating the album was being worked on and wrapped up, that it really would NEVER come out.  If that's the case, you have no faith.  So yes you are to blame for giving up and downloading the leaks.  I'm not gonna condemn you, or anyone for that, because that would make me a hypocrite.  But to now complain that the songs you've already heard because you lost hope are gonna be on the album, I'm sorry but that doesn't fly with me.

objectivity would have led someone to at least entertain the thought the album would never see the light of day. I always held out it would, but when nothing was told to us for quite a while, one has to get objective about it.

again, as i said, while i'm a bit let down i know half the songs, i will get the album and wear it out listening to it. My posts are with regards to marketing the album to the general public.

and by the way, as far as the "you stole the song so why are you complaining" BS, at least 5 of these songs have been played live very often. My concern is with the ready availability of at the very least those songs played live, the hype surrounding the release will get muffled somewhat. IE. what will reviewers be reviewing? three or four  songs. MOst every major music publication i;ve read has done some sort of write up on the leaks and the live material. Didnt one review cover the leaks song by song as an album review would? Point being, an 80% complete initial reaction has already been made by the people who will or would have written reviews.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »

seems as if i was WRONG and song nr. 2 is prostitute. according to mygnr and cd.com...

The leaker who was arrested confirmed it is prostitute, because he was charged with violating it's copyright
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Anyone think we may see some kind of official announcement tonight regarding this track list?

I think an official confirmation or denial would end a whole lot of debating and confusion among fans.  ok
ben9785
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »

I'm listening to the leaks right now as I type this and read about all those who are disappointed. I'm not disappointed, quite happy in fact. If I get killed on the way home from work (knock on wood) at least I can sit at the pearly gates knowing I got some of it in.

It's like dying before getting laid, but you had a chance with an ugly girl and took it, nothing wrong there. Now I get the ugly girl and the hot girl. Works for me, and I'm all practiced up for the hot girl.

I'm actually more excited now that I have the leaks, because before I had almost lost interest in GN'R, but the leaks brought back all level of high interest! LOL.

Peace,
a.

I agree with this completely.

I know downloading the leaks is wrong but I was very eager to hear the music and I wasn't sure when or if I would ever get to, and that music has had a great impact on me and continues to. Now, it can only be better getting to hear the songs in their completed format as the band wants them to be heard. Like Aaron said, hearing this music has made me so much more excited for the album, even if I've heard some of it already, in a incomplete state.

And now, so close to the album? I've stopped listening to the leaks. I've gone back to the live versions from Pittsburg 2002 and Rock in Rio 3. Oh yeah, and "Oh My God' Cheesy

This is going to make the first listen of the CD even more exciting.
ben9785
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2008, 07:15:38 PM »

Anyone think we may see some kind of official announcement tonight regarding this track list?  I think an official confirmation or denial would end a whole lot of debating and confusion among fans.  ok

Hopefully at the very least Mysteron might have some update to give us?..
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: