Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 133985 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »

Well, I like the tracklist. Seeing Catcher in the Rye (if it is Catcher in the Rye...) possibly making an appearance has just about made my day. And as for all of you fff... pieces of shh... Who have downloaded a massive amount of the material already, well... All the more reason to look forward to the next album!, and the next...

axl said - at least that was what people were reporting - that chatcher would be on the 3rd album during some of the first cd tours, long before the trunk interview.

the dizzy mention of "general" is from metal sludge interview

I: In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

D: umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

Hmmmm, "we were lying"Huh Could this be "Lies They Tell" otherwise known as "Scraped"?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »

Yea i remember people saying that back in 2002, but it was never confirmed. The Eddie trunk Interview was much more recent and during that interview he said that the version with Brian May probably wouldn't be on the album, and he wasn't referring to the song in general.  peace

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »

Catcher (in the rye)!
TWAT!
Prostitute (Message for you)!

beer

My fellow gunner i agree 1000% with you. these are some really BIG guns.

This tracklist made my fucking day!  ok

Agreed.  I couldnt be happier with this tracklist.  To me, "This I Love" is a real treat to see on the album.  Back in I believe 1993 Axl spoke about it in an interview as being the "heaviest" song he ever wrote and how he wants it to be on the next album.  I honestly did not expect it to survive the original band's separation.  It must be a very special song for Axl.  Can't wait to hear this one.

Here is Axl's quote regarding This I Love...

"I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called This I Love, that?s the heaviest thing that I?ve ever done."
-Axl
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:09:10 PM by sofine11 » Logged
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »

I wouldnt like to presume either way about the proposed song title of the Blues, I'm just looking forward to hearing this baby because I have avoided every leak and shitty version over the years, ready for the big event!!

But one thing I will say about the Blues is that during one of the 2002 shows Axl introduced The Blues as, a new song with a working title of The Blues. Maybe this is the proper title of the song, who knows!

Mike

In 2006, on the setlist (paper) of the shows, it was still written The Blues Cool
So the title change has been made between 2007 and now.

Oh yeh I agree with you mate, it has always been known as The Blues during the shows.

It's just I remember one of the bootlegs during the 02 tour had that particular quote from Axl before he introduced The Blues referring to it as the working title. It just made me wonder when I saw this track listing today if this working title thing meant that for the album version it would have a different name!! Just a thought really!! I will get out the old bootlegs and see what show it was in!!

Mike

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

Well, I like the tracklist. Seeing Catcher in the Rye (if it is Catcher in the Rye...) possibly making an appearance has just about made my day. And as for all of you fff... pieces of shh... Who have downloaded a massive amount of the material already, well... All the more reason to look forward to the next album!, and the next...

axl said - at least that was what people were reporting - that chatcher would be on the 3rd album during some of the first cd tours, long before the trunk interview.

the dizzy mention of "general" is from metal sludge interview

I: In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

D: umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

Yeah, well, err... Eh? What does that have to do with me?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »

Catcher (in the rye)!
TWAT!

beer

Agreed.  I couldnt be happier with this tracklist.  To me, "This I Love" is a real treat to see on the album.  Back in I believe 1993 Axl spoke about it in an interview as being the "heaviest" song he ever wrote and how he wants it to be on the next album.  I honestly did not expect it to survive the original band's separation.  It must be a very special song for Axl.  Can't wait to hear this one.

"I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called This I Love, that?s the heaviest thing that I?ve ever done."
-Axl

By heaviest, does he main heavy, musically/aggressiveness or heavy lyrically? Ala, Estranged.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »

Catcher (in the rye)!
TWAT!

beer

-Axl

By heaviest, does he main heavy, musically/aggressiveness or heavy lyrically? Ala, Estranged.

the interesting about that "old" question, is that its about to get answered..  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »

Im lovin the tracklisting.  So glad Catcher made it
Olorin
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »

Didnt he find writing the lyrics to coma "heavy" as well?

Olorin
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »

I prefer The Blues as a title rather than Street Of Dreams, mabye its because of familiarity. Street of Dreams sounds too optimistic, The blues sounds sombre and reflectfull.

Just so fucking chuffed to find out that Catcher In The Rye will be on it and I will soon be able to hear the finished article.
I'm not to keen on the intro though, its not that I dont like it, its more that I think it could do with a little more constructive piano. I heard "Loving Cup" on Exile on Main St and I thought Catcher would sound great with a little piano interlude like that before the main piano riff. I also prefer how that Stones piano sounds, more wholesome  and warm Smiley
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

Anybody who's "disappointed". You had a choice.

It's like opening your Christmas presents days early and then sit at Christmas all bummed out because you got nothing left to unwrap.

You made the decision. Nobody else. You did!

/jarmo

I agree 100% with this...and I would be lying if I said I did not hear all of the leaks.  Some of these songs were unavoidable if you went to several shows like I did.  I think anyone that went to a show or two heard  Better, IRS, Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy and TWAT.  Or if you own rockband you heard "Shacklers Revenge."  I know for a fact we have been hearing "The Blues" , "Chinese Democracy" and "Madagascar" since Rio in 2001.  The only real solid "studo quality" tracks that I have known to come up were the ones from the Antiquiet site a few months back and I believe it was Ron who said he wa relieved when he head it because those were not finished versions of the songs.  

Jarmo is right that anyone who decided to download any of the leaks shouldnt be upset that  you chose to download the songs before they came out.  I am actually very excited now that I saw the tracklist, because I LOVE those songs that are on the record..and now we will actually have REAL official versions of them...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »

Not to be negative, but am I the only one who is just slightly bummed that there are only 3 new songs we havn't heard yet?  Sorry and Scraped are new, Prostitute and  This I love could be new songs, although one could be the Message for you leak, other than that everything else we'v heard allready. 14 years for 3 or 4 new songs and people are loving the tracklisting??

I like the leaks and i'm sure i'll love the disk, but I will admit I was expecting more surprises, I'm hoping for another tracklist, maybe a double disk with some BIG guns we havn't heard yet.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »

I prefer The Blues as a title rather than Street Of Dreams, mabye its because of familiarity. Street of Dreams sounds too optimistic, The blues sounds sombre and reflectfull.

Just so fucking chuffed to find out that Catcher In The Rye will be on it and I will soon be able to hear the finished article.
I'm not to keen on the intro though, its not that I dont like it, its more that I think it could do with a little more constructive piano. I heard "Loving Cup" on Exile on Main St and I thought Catcher would sound great with a little piano interlude like that before the main piano riff. I also prefer how that Stones piano sounds, more wholesome  and warm Smiley

I always thought of Elton John when I heard the title "The Blues"..."I guess thats why they call it the Blues" was always the first thing to come to mind...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2008, 05:00:25 PM »

Catcher (in the rye)!
TWAT!

beer

-Axl

the interesting about that "old" question, is that its about to get answered..  ok

it's a piano song..

Axl: I wrote and recorded a new song that I want to have on the record called "This I Love."1

Howard Karp (Engineer): I only worked with Axl, no one else, it was a solo piano piece. I heard nothing else. Axl was cool, two short evenings, nothing too eventful.

Dave Dominguez (Engineer): "This I love" is actually an old GN'R song that the original GN'R wrote and recorded for the "Illusion" records. I like that song a lot. It took a couple of weeks to find all the tapes because they finished recording "Use Your Illusions" on the road and one tape was in Paris, another in London and another in Sydney I believe.

http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/cd/thisilove.htm
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2008, 05:01:54 PM »

Not to be negative, but am I the only one who is just slightly bummed that there are only 3 new songs we havn't heard yet?  Sorry and Scraped are new, Prostitute and  This I love could be new songs, although one could be the Message for you leak, other than that everything else we'v heard allready. 14 years for 3 or 4 new songs and people are loving the tracklisting??

I like the leaks and i'm sure i'll love the disk, but I will admit I was expecting more surprises, I'm hoping for another tracklist, maybe a double disk with some BIG guns we havn't heard yet.

that the point..from one "downloading motherfucker" to another, you really have no right to be pissed...you decided to hear the album early...there are 14 NEW songs on this disc, but only 4 or 5 that you have not been able to steal yet... hihi

I have heard alot of different versions of these songs on the tracklist and I am not disappointed at all...quite the opposite...I was actually quite relieved to see that the songs i have come to know and love over the years made it onto the record....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

You should be bummed at yourself for listening to stuff you weren't suppose to.

If you were like Me and some others on here, you would have 14 brand new songs to hear. hihi

OK damn it, I get 3 new ones as well, but hearing them finished etc will be amazing.

I can't wait to hear Sorry and This I Love.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

When he says "HEAVY" does he mean heavy as in musically heavy, like WTTJ heavy or just lyrically and emotionally heavy?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jada
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »

I always thought of Elton John when I heard the title "The Blues"..."I guess thats why they call it the Blues" was always the first thing to come to mind...

What if they changed it because it's a better title for a single? (radio voice) "This is guns n roses: street of dreams"... Nah, probably wishful thinking... I love that song. Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

I wonder how big input baz will have on sorry if it's only harmonies and no real lines, i don't think it's more then that tbh

When he says "HEAVY" does he mean heavy as in musically heavy, like WTTJ heavy or just lyrically and emotionally heavy?

look just a couple of posts above yours and you'll most likely find that out..
Olorin
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »

Well the piano always made think Elton John, well, at least 7 odd years ago it did.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: