Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134102 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

I just hope they let us know who is in the band. It is fairly silly that this close to ChiDem we do not know the status of Finck and Brain.
The status of Robin and Brain is that they are both on the album ... as is Buckethead and Frank and Bumblefoot and Tommy and Richard and Chris and Dizzy and Axl.

What is silly is looking for something negative with all the positive things happening.

What the hell?I didn't ask who played on the album, I asked if they were in the band.
Wanting to know who is in my favorite band is not silly, especially when Finck/Brain have apparently played a big role in writing for the album(s)
And their writing credits and other contributions will be listed in the album booklet. 

My point is why worry now about who the touring band members will be when right now the album is coming out and it's already been confirmed that Robin and Brain's parts are on the album.

I must not be a fan though,after all I am probably only buying all 3 covers and 3 different vinyls.
I pre-ordered all 6 versions too!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9111034&type=product&id=1925067

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Scraped
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Street Of Dreams
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. Riad N' The Bedovins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Catcher
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute

Wow!!! I'm impressed. 14 new songs that I've never heard. (Yeah, I know I could hear them else were but I'm a cd kind of a guy who likes to purchase the finished product of the artists. )
This is fantastic. And this is just the first one...........In all the freaking bullshit that's been going on this year this will make me happy and lift the dark cloud above. Thanks G&R.......
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »

No one have said your not a fan.. comon Lets put the discussions like that to rest for a second, and just injoy whats happening..

I think that's the whole point.

Why do you need to "worry" about that now?

/jarmo

I am not worrried, I just think it would be cool for Brain and Finck to still be in the band.I have no problem with Frank and if Finck has chosen to go back to NIN then so be it.We have heard of plans for an 09 tour and a new video  so this issue is going to have to be resolved sooner rather than later

And im sure it will be.. I dont think Axl wont solve that issu, "when" the tour plans starts.. like he have said on www.gunsnroses.com

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2008, 02:28:45 PM »

I just hope they let us know who is in the band. It is fairly silly that this close to ChiDem we do not know the status of Finck and Brain.
The status of Robin and Brain is that they are both on the album ... as is Buckethead and Frank and Bumblefoot and Tommy and Richard and Chris and Dizzy and Axl.

What is silly is looking for something negative with all the positive things happening.

What the hell?I didn't ask who played on the album, I asked if they were in the band.
Wanting to know who is in my favorite band is not silly, especially when Finck/Brain have apparently played a big role in writing for the album(s)
And their writing credits and other contributions will be listed in the album booklet. 

My point is why worry now about who the touring band members will be when right now the album is coming out and it's already been confirmed that Robin and Brain's parts are on the album.

I must not be a fan though,after all I am probably only buying all 3 covers and 3 different vinyls.
I pre-ordered all 6 versions too!!!  Grin
beer Cool! I guess that we will know either way before the tour as I would HOPE there will be band photos released shortly.Surely they have to have group photos in the album booklet as a lot of people think of this as not GNR but the Axl Rose band and group photos will help show this is more of a band and not a one man show.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »

Is there any precedent for bands releasing innacurate tracklists prior to their ablums being released?  If so, what would be the point?  

The band didn't release this, though.  Best Buy did.

Ali

And where do you think BB got it from? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Huh

No shit, but the tracklisting still wasn't put out by GN'R on their website.  That's the only way it is official.

Ali
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »

As excited as I am, I am waiting for the word of Axl before I truly go nuts with this news.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

Is there any precedent for bands releasing innacurate tracklists prior to their ablums being released?  If so, what would be the point?   

The band didn't release this, though.  Best Buy did.

Ali

And where do you think BB got it from? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Huh

No shit, but the tracklisting still wasn't put out by GN'R on their website.  That's the only way it is official.

Ali

Of course it is official.Do you think Azoff/GNR gave BB a fake tracklisting?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »

Maybe Song 2 is Scraped -- it is the 2nd song on the track list...

thought about the same thing.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
overmatik
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2008, 02:59:40 PM »

Do you guys think that by putting "Catcher" Axl tried to avoid a lawsuit from Salinger, the author of the book?

Also, I remeber hearin that "Rhiad" wouldn't be on the cd... There's still some mistery on the air.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2008, 03:08:03 PM »

I'm so excited to finally hear mastered versions of these songs.  Hearing TWAT, Better, CD, Street of Dreams aka The Blues, IRS all on one official CD excites the living hell out of me, then hearing being able to hear IF the World, Prostitute, the much talked about This I Love is goign to be something else.

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »

This list is disappointing. Not because we've heard most of these songs already, but because there are only three that I really like, and a couple that just suck. I just hope the four new ones are really good.  I was also hoping to hear The General. That's supposed to be the best of the new songs.

NOBODY ever said The General was supposed to be the best of the new songs.....people just make shit up. Roll Eyes

dizzy said general is his favorite. so did baz.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2008, 03:21:07 PM »

Just enjoy the album.  How many times did we hear that once we hear the mastered tracks that the demos wont even compare

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »

I love the tracklist when I first read it I was like where is The Blues Huh but then I saw Street Of Dreams and then I got it.  I can't wait to hear Better, Catcher, and Sorry those are the most im looking forward to in hearing.  Im REALLY EXCITED TO SEE THE FIRST SINGLE AND VIDEO !!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »

This list is disappointing. Not because we've heard most of these songs already, but because there are only three that I really like, and a couple that just suck. I just hope the four new ones are really good.  I was also hoping to hear The General. That's supposed to be the best of the new songs.

NOBODY ever said The General was supposed to be the best of the new songs.....people just make shit up. Roll Eyes

Sorry is Baz's favorite.  He also said Axl told him that The General is the sequel to Estranged and will be released in a future album, not CD.  So we knew it wasnt going to be on CD from that interview.  I dont remember Dizzy saying that though, when was that?
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »

Sorry is Baz's favorite.  He also said Axl told him that The General is the sequel to Estranged and will be released in a future album, not CD.  So we knew it wasnt going to be on CD from that interview.  I dont remember Dizzy saying that though, when was that?

yeah, we kind of knew general wouldn't be on the album. but axl said at a certain point, catcher won't be either. things can change pretty quickly. glad that catcher made it. it's so beautiful. but i think baz mentioned in one of his interviews, that general was the one song he was really blown away when he heard it (and then axl told him it wil be on the 3rd record). to dizzy: he mentioned that in an old interview, saying that brain wrote the track. i'll try to give you a link. hold on, i hope i find it.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40:01 PM »

sorry was his favourite, then in a later interview he referred the general as his favourite..

never ever heard him say anything about the general have any connection with estranged? it's a brain song.. (and i've read every interview with baz since i dunno how long..)

dizzy said so at some frat party in 05 or 06 i think..
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

Axl never said Catcher in the Rye wouldn't be on CD. He said that the demo version with brian may's parts might not be on. So he basically said the guitar could be rerecorded by a member of the band.

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »

^ and he said that in the eddie trunk interview in 06

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »

Well, I like the tracklist. Seeing Catcher in the Rye (if it is Catcher in the Rye...) possibly making an appearance has just about made my day. And as for all of you fff... pieces of shh... Who have downloaded a massive amount of the material already, well... All the more reason to look forward to the next album!, and the next...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

Well, I like the tracklist. Seeing Catcher in the Rye (if it is Catcher in the Rye...) possibly making an appearance has just about made my day. And as for all of you fff... pieces of shh... Who have downloaded a massive amount of the material already, well... All the more reason to look forward to the next album!, and the next...

axl said - at least that was what people were reporting - that chatcher would be on the 3rd album during some of the first cd tours, long before the trunk interview.

the dizzy mention of "general" is from metal sludge interview

I: In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

D: umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: