Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134042 times)
divoz
Opening Act

« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »

AFAIK no new leaks has appeared after the 23:rd November news? Before that we didn't know it was Christmas this year we would get the gift.
[/quote]

Agreed, the news just came out, judging by how long the album took, there was always a chance this woulda took another god knows how many years.
And NO im not complaining about the setlist or anything. They waited way too long to put this out. You ppl that are on here blaming the fans are blaming the wrong people. Not saying the cd wont be awesome, im saying it should have been out a long time ago, and it does take away from the finished product, and anyone that will come on here and say that the fact that most of the songs have been leaked DOESN'T take anything at all away from the album are lying through their teeths
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »

I wouldnt like to presume either way about the proposed song title of the Blues, I'm just looking forward to hearing this baby because I have avoided every leak and shitty version over the years, ready for the big event!!

But one thing I will say about the Blues is that during one of the 2002 shows Axl introduced The Blues as, a new song with a working title of The Blues. Maybe this is the proper title of the song, who knows!

Mike

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »

Is there any precedent for bands releasing innacurate tracklists prior to their ablums being released?  If so, what would be the point?   

The band didn't release this, though.  Best Buy did.

Ali

Uhh,where do you think Best Buy got that tracklisting from? GNR forums? It is clear that GNR signed off on the tracklisting and cover going up. I would love to know what GNR are waiting for as far as making an announcement.

I just hope they let us know who is in the band. It is fairly silly that this close to ChiDem we do not know the status of Finck and Brain.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »

Is there any precedent for bands releasing innacurate tracklists prior to their ablums being released?  If so, what would be the point?  

The band didn't release this, though.  Best Buy did.

Ali

And where do you think BB got it from? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Huh
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »

AFAIK no new leaks has appeared after the 23:rd November news? Before that we didn't know it was Christmas this year we would get the gift.

Agreed, the news just came out, judging by how long the album took, there was always a chance this woulda took another god knows how many years.
And NO im not complaining about the setlist or anything. They waited way too long to put this out. You ppl that are on here blaming the fans are blaming the wrong people. Not saying the cd wont be awesome, im saying it should have been out a long time ago, and it does take away from the finished product, and anyone that will come on here and say that the fact that most of the songs have been leaked DOESN'T take anything at all away from the album are lying through their teeths

I dont think the intention is to BLAME anyone, unless u are complaining on the tracklist..
We dont know shit about whats been going on behind the scene in the GNR camp, so no one is
in any position to blame them for when to release theyr music... Waited to long? Maybe you have
waited to long.. and if thats the problem, then things have come back to bite u in the ass now.
Myself have had and interesting ride in music all thease years. Guns N Roses isnt everything. I have
discoverd lots of new music the past 10 years. And lots of the new GNR members have made me got
into theyr music, as solo acts, previous bands, and side projects... It has also given me many cool ideas
to develope my own music, (as i play in a band). We should be happy that GNR years for sure are ahead
of us now.. and im sure the next couple of months will be really interesting in many ways.. so why complain?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:58:19 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »

I am not complaining.I have heard Demos so for me it would be worth it to pay $20 just for a real version of Catcher.Not knowing who is in the band is not acceptable at this point in the  game.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »

I wouldnt like to presume either way about the proposed song title of the Blues, I'm just looking forward to hearing this baby because I have avoided every leak and shitty version over the years, ready for the big event!!

But one thing I will say about the Blues is that during one of the 2002 shows Axl introduced The Blues as, a new song with a working title of The Blues. Maybe this is the proper title of the song, who knows!

Mike

In 2006, on the setlist (paper) of the shows, it was still written The Blues Cool
So the title change has been made between 2007 and now.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »

I am not complaining.I have heard Demos so for me it would be worth it to pay $20 just for a real version of Catcher.Not knowing who is in the band is not acceptable at this point in the  game.

We know who is in the band..
just go here and take a look www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »

Mike
On their first opening show with the new band, 01-01-2001, he said it was called the Blues.
Olorin
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

The music industry is totally different today. I can't say its better thats for sure, but it's interesting to be able to get your hands on rough demos/mixes when they leak. It's a different way to experience music I guess. It probably will kill the surprise factor a bit when the CD is released, how could it not, but I'm not sure I regret it. I have worn these demos out, and when I think I'm sick of everything on my ipod, I can always turn to GNR.  GNR is the only band I am interested in enough to bother tracking down leaked songs.

Me too, I've never looked for demos of any other band at all. Nor do I visit forums unless a tour is on that I fancy going to see or a new album is coming out.

Its because we know fuck all and every day we hope to gain an insight into our favourite band, all we get hints and whispers and the enigma of this version of GN'R.

Its very addictive, I dunno why. Mabye the release of this record will resolve a lot of the mystery and bring the enigma back down to earth with a bump. I doubt I will have the same anticipation for the next album, but thats hardly suprising, I dont know if anyone will. This has been a completely unique experience and I think it will go down in folklore.

PENNY16161
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2008, 02:06:07 PM »

Maybe Song 2 is Scraped -- it is the 2nd song on the track list...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

So going by that Brain is out? Well that sucks.Please don't tell me Finck can be in 2 huge bands.This isn't liek jumping back and forth between two local bar bands, I highly doubt he can be in both NIN and GNR.What is he gonna do, toss a coin and decide what band he is going play live with on a certain day?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2008, 02:08:16 PM »

I just hope they let us know who is in the band. It is fairly silly that this close to ChiDem we do not know the status of Finck and Brain.
The status of Robin and Brain is that they are both on the album ... as is Buckethead and Frank and Bumblefoot and Tommy and Richard and Chris and Dizzy and Axl.

What is silly is looking for something negative with all the positive things happening.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »

So going by that Brain is out? Well that sucks.Please don't tell me Finck can be in 2 huge bands.This isn't liek jumping back and forth between two local bar bands, I highly doubt he can be in both NIN and GNR.What is he gonna do, toss a coin and decide what band he is going play live with on a certain day?

NIN isnt a band in the same way.. NIN is driven and written by Trent Reznor
Robin have played for NIN before.. and gone back to Guns.. Maynard has 2 big bands.. Tool and A Perfect Circle
lots of people have different projects..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »

Maybe Song 2 is Scraped -- it is the 2nd song on the track list...

'Song 2' refers to the order in which the last batch of Leaks (aside from Shackler's) came out...in other words file 1, file 2 and file 3. It became known as 'Song 2' because it was the second song released and nobody knew the actual title.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

It's nice to see how the thread went from everybody excited and happy to bickering and bitching overnight...

ahh... the memories of Yesterday...  no

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

The status of Robin and Brain is that they are both on the album ... as is Buckethead and Frank and Bumblefoot and Tommy and Richard and Chris and Dizzy and Axl.

What is silly is looking for something negative with all the positive things happening.

What the hell?I didn't ask who played on the album, I asked if they were in the band.
Wanting to know who is in my favorite band is not silly, especially when Finck/Brain have apparently played a big role in writing for the album(s)

Bucket is on the album too, however I know his status in the band.

Maybe you don't care who is in the band but others of us do.

I must not be a fan though,after all I am probably only buying all 3 covers and 3 different vinyls.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

What the hell?I didn't ask who played on the album, I asked if they were in the band.
Wanting to know who is in my favorite band is not silly, especially when Finck/Brain have apparently played a big role in writing for the album(s)

Bucket is on the album too, however I know his status in the band.

Maybe you don't care who is in the band but others of us do.

I must not be a fan though,after all I am probably only buying all 3 covers and 3 different vinyls.

No one have said your not a fan.. comon Lets put the discussions like that to rest for a second, and just injoy whats happening..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2008, 02:17:40 PM »

No one have said your not a fan.. comon Lets put the discussions like that to rest for a second, and just injoy whats happening..

I think that's the whole point.

Why do you need to "worry" about that now?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »

I think that's the whole point.

Why do you need to "worry" about that now?

/jarmo

I am not worrried, I just think it would be cool for Brain and Finck to still be in the band.I have no problem with Frank and if Finck has chosen to go back to NIN then so be it.We have heard of plans for an 09 tour and a new video  so this issue is going to have to be resolved sooner rather than later

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: