Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134003 times)
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »

Anybody who's "disappointed". You had a choice.

It's like opening your Christmas presents days early and then sit at Christmas all bummed out because you got nothing left to unwrap.

You made the decision. Nobody else. You did!

/jarmo

That's it. Grin

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »

Why do some people think "Prostitute" is "Message for You"? I hope it is as that would be a great way to close the album.

From what I know...

The setlist that was posted on the official GN'R website last year had "Prostitute", "If The World" and "Rhiad" listed on it... then it turns out that three songs get leaked:  "If The World", "Rhiad" and one without a name.

The descriptions of the song over the years seemed to somewhat matchup with the unnamed song and some people think he even says the word "Prostitute" in the song.

Then, GN'R refers to the recently leaked material as being prepared for release and this tracklist shows that Prostitue is on the album, so the unnamed song could only be one of:  Sorry, Scraped, This I Love or Prostitute...  Odds are pretty good that's the name of the song.    ok

well, the outro of song nr. 2 sounds as if it was meant to be an album closer. but some people i tend to trust, say it is NOT prostitute.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »

It's like opening your Christmas presents days early and then sit at Christmas all bummed out because you got nothing left to unwrap.

/jarmo

+1.  Did people really think Axl would rethink the entire tracklist so not to disappoint everyone who indulged in the leaks.   Roll Eyes
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:57 PM »

I always thought There Was A Time was the perfect way to close the album... but I guess that's not meant to be.  Maybe they can use it to close a few shows on the next tour.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »

I am actually happy that I have heard most of the songs before. Now I KNOW the album is gonna rock! Otherwise it would have been just an opinion, an opinion that would probably turn out to be true, but still just an opinion. And besides there's only so many songs that you can fit on a cd, I wouldn't have wanted to see any of the familiar songs being replaced by something we have never heard before.

This   is   Democracy!!!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »

This list is disappointing. Not because we've heard most of these songs already, but because there are only three that I really like, and a couple that just suck. I just hope the four new ones are really good.  I was also hoping to hear The General. That's supposed to be the best of the new songs.
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »

/jarmo

but what do you expect from the kids, when christmas is postponed for years and years? those kids have even grown up and still believe in santa. that's something. i saw listening to the leaks more like opening those small doors on my advent calendar... and i still don't know all the presents i'll get. so, i'm a bit ambivalent when i look at the tracklist, but still excited.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

This list is disappointing. Not because we've heard most of these songs already, but because there are only three that I really like, and a couple that just suck. I just hope the four new ones are really good.  I was also hoping to hear The General. That's supposed to be the best of the new songs.

NOBODY ever said The General was supposed to be the best of the new songs.....people just make shit up. Roll Eyes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2008, 01:26:34 PM »

I dont think anyone have heard the final mixes yet.. Wasnt the leaks demos from way back?
Anyway. You stil have some new songs there u havent heard..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »

I am so pumped!

Street of Dreams is such a better name than The Blues and if song #2 is indeed Prostitute, its a killer way to end the cd.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »

I'm not disappointed. It is what it is. I have played/listen to the songs to death too... i made that choice. In fact my band covered two songs a while back. Chinese Democracy and Better. But that doesn't take away from the record for me. I already know how to play most of the songs... but I still love them.

There's 3 things in it for me...

1. GNR giving the one finger salute to the naysayers.
2. Axl putting out material that puts to rest the "need" of Slash in GNR. (GNR w/out Slash is still GNFR)
3. Having an official copy in my hands...

That's about it. Everyone can have their own... that's what CD means to me.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »

but what do you expect from the kids, when christmas is postponed for years and years? those kids have even grown up and still believe in santa. that's something. i saw listening to the leaks more like opening those small doors on my advent calendar... and i still don't know all the presents i'll get. so, i'm a bit ambivalent when i look at the tracklist, but still excited.

Christmas wasn't postponed. You just didn't know what Christmas THAT gift was gonna be under the tree. 

Then when you knew it was closer than ever, you decided not to wait.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
suicide
VIP

« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

I'm glad I heard the leaks or live songs! Without the leaks or bootlegs GN'R wouldn't be this popular anymore and this board wouldn't even have as many members.
When CD gets released we'll hear the new / final / improved version of the songs we already know and some totally new songs.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2008, 01:31:47 PM »

What excites me even more is that besides the incredible tracklist that we already have for CD, there are many other rumored songs over these years that, eventually, could be on the next records or as bonus.

Oh my God
Silkworms
Checkmate
Oklahoma
Seven
Leave Me Alone
General
Thyme
Ides of March
Atlas Shrugged
Zodiac
Eulogy of a Broken Heart
Cock-a-roach Soup
Suckerpunched
No Love Remains
Friend or Foe
Zip It
Something Always
Hearts Always Get Killed
Closing In On You
Strange Disease

"Zip It" doesn't exists.

Man, I wonder why people have such level of certainty even knowing a thing.
That's why some tend to think Axl is a freak and stuff. They must believe in Yoda and those other odd GNR Tales.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »

Christmas wasn't postponed. You just didn't know what Christmas THAT gift was gonna be under the tree. 

/jarmo

Wink

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:33:58 PM by whiny » Logged

Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »

I'm not disappointed. It is what it is. I have played/listen to the songs to death too... i made that choice. In fact my band covered two songs a while back. Chinese Democracy and Better. But that doesn't take away from the record for me. I already know how to play most of the songs... but I still love them.

There's 3 things in it for me...

1. GNR giving the one finger salute to the naysayers.
2. Axl putting out material that puts to rest the "need" of Slash in GNR. (GNR w/out Slash is still GNFR)
3. Having an official copy in my hands...

That's about it. Everyone can have their own... that's what CD means to me.

I don't think anyone said Axl couldnt make music w/o Slash, they just said it wouldn't be as good. We will find out soon enough.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »

/jarmo

AFAIK no new leaks has appeared after the 23:rd November news? Before that we didn't know it was Christmas this year we would get the gift.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »

The music industry is totally different today. I can't say its better thats for sure, but it's interesting to be able to get your hands on rough demos/mixes when they leak. It's a different way to experience music I guess. It probably will kill the surprise factor a bit when the CD is released, how could it not, but I'm not sure I regret it. I have worn these demos out, and when I think I'm sick of everything on my ipod, I can always turn to GNR.  GNR is the only band I am interested in enough to bother tracking down leaked songs.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »

/jarmo

AFAIK no new leaks has appeared after the 23:rd November news? Before that we didn't know it was Christmas this year we would get the gift.

I guess all the signs weren't enough for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »

i dont know why but im actually more excited to hear the framiliar songs and see how the final versions stack up.

apparently the chinese democracy (the song) that was played for those BB employees was covered in new guitar work and vocal layers and a totally ew mix

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: