Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 134060 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »

You should go back and check some setlists from before 09/91.

Songs I can think of off the top of my head that were played well before UYI came out were:

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »

The man has a point.  hihi

I gotta admit it's pretty weird to think it's been over 6 years since we heard Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy... and only now they find their way on a CD.

he has a point but he would have whined if they didn't play new songs live back on the old tours..

btw this i love is from the very early 90's and i love that it'll finally see the light of day, it's not weird
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:37 AM »

Songs I can think of off the top of my head that were played well before UYI came out were:

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

Thanks, I completely forgot that they played a good portion of UYI's before the album actually came out.  I was just going from their early days prior to AFD.  I knew the "7 years" argument would pop up, at least 3 songs from those albums were played 5 years before they came out.  Then 10 more prior to the album's release.  To think everyone was screaming for the band to play more new songs when they were touring.  God forbid, some people would have no reason to buy the album anymore the way they are reacting.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »

The plan was to release another album (and a 3rd) some time after CD too, can always wait for that hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »

I think this is just a taste...

there is going to be atleast another record... possibly 2.

Axl didn't spend 14 years working on 14 songs. that's ridiculous. just because these are the supposed 14 to hit the tracklist on this INITIAL release... doesn't mean that's where it ends. Unheard songs??? yeah... there's over 30 that Brain just confirmed... so will there be more?? yes!!!

PATIENCE guys... all we need is a little PATIENCE!!!!

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

Thanks, I completely forgot that they played a good portion of UYI's before the album actually came out.  I was just going from their early days prior to AFD.  I knew the "7 years" argument would pop up, at least 3 songs from those albums were played 5 years before they came out.  Then 10 more prior to the album's release.  To think everyone was screaming for the band to play more new songs when they were touring.  God forbid, some people would have no reason to buy the album anymore the way they are reacting.
you "completely forgot"  Grin like you knew in the first place  hihi

well, the times have changed and I wouldn't say it's fair to compare both releases.
So I stand by what I say, people are blaming the illegal downloads for the fact we have heard most of the songs,  I say NEY !

it's only 2 out of 14 !

and by the way I'll buy the album to have perfect quality songs, not lossless demos and shit !

and as norway says... we can learn a lesson and not download anything (especially live stuff Wink ) while awaiting for the next two albums

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »

holy shit. I am so pumped to hear prostitute and sorry and a studio catcher!

did that RS article say that scraped was a rocker?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:23:04 AM by **** » Logged

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

Thanks, I completely forgot that they played a good portion of UYI's before the album actually came out.  I was just going from their early days prior to AFD.  I knew the "7 years" argument would pop up, at least 3 songs from those albums were played 5 years before they came out.  Then 10 more prior to the album's release.  To think everyone was screaming for the band to play more new songs when they were touring.  God forbid, some people would have no reason to buy the album anymore the way they are reacting.

well, the times have changed and I wouldn't say it's fair to compare both releases.
So I stand by what I say, people are blaming the illegal downloads for the fact we have heard most of the songs,  I say NEY !

it's only 2 out of 14 !

and by the way I'll buy the album to have perfect quality songs, not lossless demos and shit !

and as norway says... we can learn a lesson and not download anything (especially live stuff Wink ) while awaiting for the next two albums

I wasn't aware you were familiar with things I do and do not know, kind of scary.  I agree, these are two totally different eras and it's hard to compare.  It's also hard as hell to release an album of completely unheard material these days.  That wasn't as hard in the early 90's.  So if you want your favorite band to never play live music for the fear of hearing new unreleased music, that may be a way to solve the problem.  But I don't think you want that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

add "dead horse" and "yesterdays" to that list...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

I remember hearing that Rhiad and Catcher weren't going to be on the album? Weird.

Either way, I'm very interested in hearing it.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »

Right Next Door To Hell
Perfect Crime
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Civil War
Bad Obssesion
Back Off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
14 Years

That's 13 out of 30.

it's only 2 out of 14 !

I wasn't aware you were familiar with things I do and do not know, kind of scary.  I agree, these are two totally different eras and it's hard to compare.  It's also hard as hell to release an album of completely unheard material these days.  That wasn't as hard in the early 90's.  So if you want your favorite band to never play live music for the fear of hearing new unreleased music, that may be a way to solve the problem.  But I don't think you want that.

Yeah, but then there's no perfect scenario..
However, I think Metallica did pretty good on the last album.
Sure it leaked before the release but it leaked as a whole and it hadnt been leaked years before. So I was able to ignore the leak and wait for the release and when I bought it It felt like the old days, discovering a whole new cd, unwrapping the cd, putting it on  and hit PLAY. Grin

With Guns, one was always under the impression of what if I die tomorrow... or in two ...three years... and I have not heard the songs from chinese democracy? for a long time we were under the impression that it was never going to be released (though I never lost hope the fear was there)
Dying without listening to a new gnr song ? I don't think there's much of a choice for a true gnr fan.. So I hope the next record comes quickly that way I won't have to download them. Sorry if you don't like what Im saying but Im being honest. A friend of mine died from cancer and he was a gnr fan and will never have the chance to listen to CD.
So what if I was afraid that it would also happen to me ?
I like GNR more than Metallica, so no I won't bugger off to a Metallica forum  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »

This seems the perfect moment to play my 'smug git' card  hihi  - so here it is:

If the tracklist posted is correct, then it'll mean that there are 5 songs I'm familiar with from live shows, 1 song that I've heard live only once, and 8 songs that are completely new to me.  That's right, 8 brand, spanking new songs in which I'll shortly be wallowing in aural pleasure.  Cool

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »

I like GNR more than Metallica, so no I won't bugger off to a Metallica forum 

Please don't, many of us love both bands and cherish that tour.

age 37....volume always at 10
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

Holy shit... its finally happening isnt it? 

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »

Either way, the production and sound of the final album should blow away any leaks. Catcher will be essentially a whole new song. I'm getting pretty excited.  peace

Also, remember, Axl mentioned he had narrowed the songs being worked on down to 32 in 2006. I will take him at his word and assume there are now 18 finished tracks we still haven't heard. I get the feeling album 2 will be a very quick turnaround release. I hope they do like Radiohead did with KID A and Amnesiac. 2 albums from the same recording session released 6 months apart. If Axl is planning something like this, he should announce it now so that the critics won't rip him with the inevitable "14 years for 14 tracks?" or "14 years for this?".....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

No word from Mysteron or Jarmo yet?

The Tracklist looks good but it's even better that there are 7 new songs for me to listen to... Smiley (Didn't want to spoil anything so I haven't listened to the CD, The Blues, ITW, Rhiad & Song 2 yet...)

All in all:  drool
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »

This tracklist is awesome  drool

People who have heard the leaks know there is at least 11 classic tracks on that album and i am sure the other 3 won't disappoint !

Thanks Giant Robot...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:04 AM »

How come people from both sides of the fence are already posting reviews on Best Buys website?? Those of you who love the leaks: You still don't know that the finished album is going to be "perfect" or "5 stars" yet, so why post it? Those of you who hate the leaks and the new band: Same goes for you, you don't know that you'll hate the finished product or that it's "not worthy of the GNR name" yet so why post it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

No word from Mysteron or Jarmo yet?

The Tracklist looks good but it's even better that there are 7 new songs for me to listen to... Smiley (Didn't want to spoil anything so I haven't listened to the CD, The Blues, ITW, Rhiad & Song 2 yet...)

All in all:  drool

At this point, We should only expect reliable info from the band itself. No one else, IMO.
Jada
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

I hate to admit this  Roll Eyes but I've listened to live versions/demos of:

The Blues
Better
I.R.S.
Madagascar
TWAT
Catcher in the Rye
song #2
If The World

I've also heard Chinese Democracy and Rhiad, but only once. And lately I've listened to Shackler's Revenge.

But it's been so much fun that I don't regret listening to them beforehand, even if they sound exactly the same on the album (which I doubt!).  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: