Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 562339 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »

I guess is time for an announcement...

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »

It's the silence that is appealing. I'm sure the record companies have been anticipating for this moment. When ever a huge star comes out with a long awaited cd it generates sales for other artists that are on major labels. Like Joey said once on FRIENDS....."It ill be great......."  hihi
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

Do you know what this silence feels like?
Feels like that moment before a giant tsunami wave comes, when the sea draws back from the shore...

:: Vicente ::

"all that anger, all that anger"
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #503 on: October 06, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »

The regional manager I spoke with at Best Buy last Tuesday, Sept. 30, said she would know for sure the exact release date by Tuesday, Oct. 7th.

So if it the announcement doesn't come from the Guns camp, it should come from Best Buy.

Let's all hope and pray that Tuesday is the big announcement day!

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #504 on: October 06, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »

The regional manager I spoke with at Best Buy last Tuesday, Sept. 30, said she would know for sure the exact release date by Tuesday, Oct. 7th.

So if it the announcement doesn't come from the Guns camp, it should come from Best Buy.

That sure would be nice.  Undecided

I was actually wondering whether they are going to let Best Buy make the first "official" announcement, much like they did for Shackler's Revenge on RB2, since they are going to be the ones who are marketing it at first. Can't wait to find out!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:42:25 PM by sofine11 » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #505 on: October 06, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »

If, and considering the history of this thing, that's a big if, November 25th is the real deal, we will know soon. It can't really drag on past this week time-frame wise. Considering there have been no statements stating there is no release date on the horizon, I am optimistic for once that it is the real deal.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #506 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

We would have got an announcement already if it is going to be the 25th.  I'm not saying it is not coming out this year but not the 25th.  Axl said it himself that they need like 2 months of promotion before the cd is released. 
overmatik
« Reply #507 on: October 06, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »

We would have got an announcement already if it is going to be the 25th.  I'm not saying it is not coming out this year but not the 25th.  Axl said it himself that they need like 2 months of promotion before the cd is released. 

I think that with this Best Buy thing the time to promote the album decreases a lot, as you don't have to spend time by coordinating a large ammount of different retailers. After all, everything will be managed by one company, so I think that November 25th is a very secure date for the release.
ben9785
« Reply #508 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »

NOTE: The following is NOT FACT, just a rumour I am posting here for your own interest..

A user on this website called velvetrope, who was also one of the first to report about the Best Buy convention and Andy Gould's appearance there, posted that the album apparently goes into Universal's schedule "today" (meaning Monday 6 October in USA).

"Deal has been dotted, etc.
Goes on the Uni schedule tomorrow"

http://velvetrope.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=579763&page=1&fpart=6&sess=1e2366b6bf0143488c68a7d6724afcec

Make whatever you want of that. Perhaps Mysteron could verify this?..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #509 on: October 06, 2008, 06:11:29 PM »

So Kanye West's album has been bumped to 11/25.  Will this have any affect on our coveted release date?  Christ, I hope not.  no
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: October 06, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »

According to velvetrope.com member 'plague'

Deal has been dotted, etc.
Goes on the Uni schedule tomorrow.

http://velvetrope.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=583115&page=1#Post583115

Not quite
http://new.umusic.com/Music.aspx?Group=1&Type=2
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #511 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Well he didn't say promotion, he said the entire process.  Who knows how much of that process was completed between December last year and now?  I don't think that it's not possible. 
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: October 06, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »

That sure would be nice.  Undecided

I was actually wondering whether they are going to let Best Buy make the first "official" announcement, much like they did for Shackler's Revenge on RB2, since they are going to be the ones who are marketing it at first. Can't wait to find out!

I'd be shocked if Best Buy makes the announcement first. Not with all the work that went into it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #513 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26:24 PM »

If the date is actually November 25, I'm pretty nervous:

Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Kayne West and The Killers all have new albums coming out that day.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: October 06, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

I would not be nervous. No matter WHO has an album that day, Axl will sell the most. The album is the most highly anticipated album in a VERY LONG time!!!
On another point, if I were an executive at Best Buy I would try my hardest to get the album out by either the 25th  or  on Black Friday considering
all the economic turmoil that is going on right now.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #515 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »

Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Kayne West and The Killers all have new albums coming out that day.

So...? That's not competition against the highly anticipated album of one of the greatest rock band of all times.

Scott Weiland???  rofl

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #516 on: October 06, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »

Yes. As well as a highly successful rapper and a very popular rock band.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #517 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »

With music being in the pathetic state it is today, normally I would say that's a pretty impressive list of new releases, except for Kanye West who has always been complete garbage. Chris Cornell is an amazing talent, one of the greatest voices in music, but his album is being produced by Timbaland, so I'm sure he will do his best to make sure the album really sucks. Weiland was great for a while, but that ended about 12 years ago. The Killers? eh. But really, who cares how many records GNR sells? I'm gonna, that's all I care about. Somehow I think they'll survive.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #518 on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

With music being in the pathetic state it is today, normally I would say that's a pretty impressive list of new releases, except for Kanye West who has always been complete garbage. Chris Cornell is an amazing talent, one of the greatest voices in music, but his album is being produced by Timbaland, so I'm sure he will do his best to make sure the album really sucks. Weiland was great for a while, but that ended about 12 years ago. The Killers? eh. But really, who cares how many records GNR sells? I'm gonna, that's all I care about. Somehow I think they'll survive.

Exactly.

Even if they release just one copy and I get it, it wouldn't matter to me  hihi

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #519 on: October 06, 2008, 08:11:36 PM »

The first two aren't even an afterthought based on the way their previous solo albums have sold, and Kanye West will sell records to a totally different audience than GNR so there's not going to be much overlap.  Even the Killers appeal to a different market even though they're a rock band. 
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: