Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 559902 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2560 on: November 23, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »

Just left BestBuy in Albany (NY)...they have pallets full of 'something', wrapped in black plastic, sitting at the front of the store...I wish I had pre-ordered for delivery, but alas, I will have to get up early to be at the door at 9am.
I feel like a dope.  Rushed there for 9:00 and there were none of the lines I imagined, no mad rush.  The pallets were still there (just overstock I guess - but my 'child' mind was convinced it was all kinds of CD merch), and I actually had to search for Chidem...one free-standing, 4 sided display.  The damned Soprano's display was bigger and placed near the entrance.  2 other people grabbed copies while I was standing there, trying to ask 'salesperson' if the had any shirts/coasters...etc.  Pretty sad (on my part) to assume EVERYONE on the face of the planet was as excited as me.

I could care less about this minor dissapointment however, since I now have CD in my hands, and can listen ALL DAMN DAY!   ok
I had a similar experience.  I saw the Sopranos display right away and was like, "what the f--k?".  Took a while to find the CD display.  I was the only one at it.  It was a little after 9, but it looked like a few copies had been sold already.  Certainly not a mad rush though.  But you're right, I could care less.  I had the CD I had been waiting so long for, and that's all that really mattered.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2561 on: November 23, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »

Got my copy this morning...showed up about 10 minutes after opening.  It looked like there had been SOME people there early...about 1/3 of the case (almost one full side) was empty.  Either that, or someone bought a LOT of copies.

They did NOT have the vinyl out...I had to ask for it.  They did have them in the store, though.  I'm DL'ing the album, now.

They also "got" me with some sale items in their Sunday flyer, so I bought more than just the album (CD and vinyl).  Did a bunch of christmas shopping...ended up dropping close to $225 bucks by the time I left.  Smiley

I can't believe I'm holding the album in my hand.   [Sigh]...It's a good day!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeraldFord
« Reply #2562 on: November 23, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »

Keep in mind they are going to re-stock the display case, they were putting new copies out when I walked in.

I don't think any band putting out any new album would create lines at a store.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2563 on: November 23, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »

There was an endcap display. No signage. No banner. No GnR music over the speaker. I called yesterday and talked to clerks at three different Orlando BB and none had any special plans to promote the album other than a display with CDs.

I am quite disappointed with the effort.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2564 on: November 23, 2008, 01:44:49 PM »

My best buy had a display with Vinyl copies and CDs, as well as a fairly huge table FILLED with CDs, as well as the GN'R back catalog.   Even better, there were a lot of fans circling, picking up both CD and vinyl versions, lots of GNR shirts, and lots of excited fans.   Not bad for Northwest PA.    beer
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2565 on: November 23, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »

so i finally have the CD and the Vinyl versions in my hands, right now. they had a decent display at the BB in Yuma, AZ.

i'm so damn happy to have these, and am just about to put the CD in and give it my first listen!  beer

question (maybe a dumb one): my CD does not have the parental advisory label on it as the ones pictured in the ad. is there an edited version that i have(hope not), or do none of the CD's actually have the label on them?  tia!  peace

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2566 on: November 23, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »

While picking up CD today I noticed several record covers damaged..Many were out aside where the pre-order pick ups were..Nice display stand for CD..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2567 on: November 23, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

I heard Axl say the F word in Riad. 

Also in the booklet in TWAT, one line is nevermind who gave you head.  I started cracking up because I never wouldve guessed that was the line.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2568 on: November 23, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »

I heard Axl say the F word in Riad. 

Also in the booklet in TWAT, one line is nevermind who gave you head.  I started cracking up because I never wouldve guessed that was the line.

Holy shit... I've been listening to this song for years and I never noticed that.
monkey2233
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2569 on: November 23, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »

Disappointed that the LP doesn't have a booklet with the pics, lyrics. 
Mudkicker
Headliner

« Reply #2570 on: November 23, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

Yah, I noticed it was hard to find copies without all the corners jacked up. I'm also quite disappointed they couldn't come up with a simple design for the inner sleeves. I mean come on, it's not that fucking difficult.
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2571 on: November 23, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

Yeah, my corner's a bit bent, but I didn't notice until I had already opened it up. BB's bitches when it comes to returning opened stuff, so I'll just suck it up. Sleeves with the lyrics and such would have been cool, but I'll say that's some solid state vinyl.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2572 on: November 23, 2008, 02:44:35 PM »

they were prefect at my store. I was the first one in the door. most people didn't know they opened at 9!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2573 on: November 23, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »

There were about 5 of us waiting for the doors to open. Then I had to ask where CD was at my BestBuy. heh  A girl was just putting up the display which wasn't that big at all.  I'm disappointed in the promotion for this album on BestBuy's part.  Maybe they should've went with Wal-Mart...  or did I just get there before everything went up?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2574 on: November 23, 2008, 05:20:38 PM »

There were about 5 of us waiting for the doors to open. Then I had to ask where CD was at my BestBuy. heh  A girl was just putting up the display which wasn't that big at all.  I'm disappointed in the promotion for this album on BestBuy's part.  Maybe they should've went with Wal-Mart...  or did I just get there before everything went up?

Probable just got their before things were up. BB here had the thing everywhere. Right as you walk in and even at the checkout.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #2575 on: November 23, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »

I went and got it today at Norwalk CT. It was a pretty good promotion, banners outside, posters inside. A table when you walked in with all of the GNR CDs available (except LIES). Hard to believe we actually have it, even though I had already listened it was still a good feeling.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2576 on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »

Probable just got their before things were up. BB here had the thing everywhere. Right as you walk in and even at the checkout.

The Orlando BB just had the end display. Nothing else. Nothing at the front or at checkout.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2577 on: November 23, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »

I don't want to short-sell our favorite band here...but Walmart has AC/DC in every crevice they could cram it - I didn't look, but they probably have AC/DC urinal cakes...they even have the album in the 'menswear' section, right next to a display of t-shirts.  I know BB doesn't do clothes, but you would think they would cram as much merch in our shopping carts as they could.  I would have bought CD T-shirt, beer glasses, coasters, etc.  And the best my local BB can do is squeeze a small display in between Battery racks?  Oh, well...I don't work for BB, and I am just happy to have my copy of CD. (but a f--king T-shirt to wear to work would have been wicked pisser)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:18:26 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #2578 on: November 23, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »

I picked up my pre-ordered CD and bought another one at the Best Buy in Downingtown, PA.

While I was in line I was watching people coming in the door and going right to the CD stand.  There were a few people who looked to be in their late 30's to early 40's who appeared to have no idea that GN'R were still making music.  A couple of them picked it up. As I was heading to the register, I watched one guy pick one up.  He went to put it back, looked at the songs listing on the back, go to put it back again, then walked away with it.  I was heading for him to help him with his decision if he had put it back for good.

There was 2 round GNR decals on the front doors advertising the cd as the post anticipated cd ever.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2579 on: November 23, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »

I don't want to short-sell our favorite band here...but Walmart has AC/DC in every crevice they could cram it - I didn't look, but they probably have AC/DC urinal cakes...they even have the album in the 'menswear' section, right next to a display of t-shirts.  I know BB doesn't do clothes, but you would think they would cram as much merch in our shopping carts as they could.  I would have bought CD T-shirt, beer glasses, coasters, etc.  And the best my local BB can do is squeeze a small display in between Battery racks?  Oh, well...I don't work for BB, and I am just happy to have my copy of CD. (but a f--king T-shirt to wear to work would have been wicked pisser)

Yeah, agreed.

I was hoping Best Buy would invest in some related merchandise too--tees, posters, bumper stickers, etc. I would have opened up my wallet for it, no doubt.

Doesn't look like the official website is selling any new product, either. Huh Sad

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: