Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 51334 times)
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »

I'm sorry, no one is going to convince me that when Axl said tentative, he really meant within years of March 2007. If so, I guess he's still on track to be right.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »

I'm sorry, no one is going to convince me that when Axl said tentative, he really meant within years of March 2007. If so, I guess he's still on track to be right.

So the fuckin thing didn't come out in March of 2007.  This has already been bitched about to no end. Let's look ahead.... Cheesy

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »

Do I "need" to be told things?  No, but it would be nice

It wasn't aimed directly at you. It's something I have noticed over the years.

When a band goes on tour, don't they expect the fans to show up for the shows?  Why is it so wrong for the fans to have expectations as well? 

It depends on the expectations.

If for example you expect GN'R to start fulfilling all your wishes, that might not happen.....

Why is it that you consider any kind of opinion that varies from your whining? 

Umm, in case it's not clear, I don't.

I do consider the whole "it's taken too long, it should've been out in 2007, he promised us" etc etc etc as pointless whining.

There's nothing constructive about it.

Ok, fair enough, you need to vent.

I was actually expecting somebody to say that. So, I ask you, is it something you think the rest of this board is interested in?

You "venting" about the same thing in every other thread? What good does it do?

1. Oh God. Play the tortured artist.

Not playing anything, just saying what I think.

So yes, whining about it does make my day better, especially when I see and hear how disrespected my favorite band is out in the real world. I'm just sick of the way that GNR has become a running joke for people in the press, and people on the street.

Are you aware that when certain fans are doing the same thing, those people will think they must be right?

"Even the fans think it's a joke"....

So basically you have more in common with the "people out there" than with the fans who still support the band.

Is that the way things should be?

I guess a lot of people think they're "on board" so to speak. Well that's true, they're here.

But at the end of the day, when this all comes to that date you're waiting for, can you honestly say that you really were on board all the way?

Either don't tell us that it's coming out until you're sure, or give us regular updates.

This is interesting.

On one hand, some are upset that the March 2007 "promise" didn't happen and wanted a new update on the record.

But you're saying they should tell us when they're sure it's coming out..... Isn't that what they're doing?

Maybe that's why there's no album updates....

On another note, did you ever make plans and they didn't fall through? Did you ever have hopes of doing something during a certain year, but for some reason didn't?

Just saying, these things happen. Even to Axl.

He hoped and wanted to have the album out, things didn't go as he (or we) had hoped.

Now, what do you think of Q4 2008?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »

Let's look ahead.... Cheesy
good calls lunsjail and haward2k.

frustrated people, please have some empathy with us and use the frustration thread.

I realize he said he'd keep us updated,

no he didn't. what he said was that as soon as there was a new date we'd know.

I think Axl is more motivated by the idea that (like AFD or Physical Graffiti, etc.) someone might pick up Chinese Democracy 20 years from now and will say.... "Holy shit! What an amazing fucking album!!".

or say some kid in a small village in china might hear it on the net and maybe they can't get it immediately but later.
would be great if it helps them, whoever and wherever they are, live strong.
final_touches
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »

I have one question for Jarmo. Do you think the Gn'R camp has done ANYTHING wrong concerning the treatment of their fans over let's say the last 2 years?

If you think "yes, they've down some uncool things", could you please elaborate.

But if you tend to respond by saing "Gn'r have done everything just perfect", then it's ok, too.

This question is in no way meant offensive, I'm just interested in finding out what your up to when it comes to critizing Gn'R.
  peace
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »

I have one question for Jarmo. Do you think the Gn'R camp has done ANYTHING wrong concerning the treatment of their fans over let's say the last 2 years?

If you think "yes, they've down some uncool things", could you please elaborate.

But if you tend to respond by saing "Gn'r have done everything just perfect", then it's ok, too.

This question is in no way meant offensive, I'm just interested in finding out what your up to when it comes to critizing Gn'R.
  peace

in my opinion (and I haven't said it for a long time) GNR have treated the fans in the best way it was possible in light of legal issues, record label issues and all other fuckin things going on around we can only guess about. so my (and I know You haven't asked for my opinion) answer would be simply YES.

offtopic: kind regards to all the people I met in London. hope You are all well
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:19:34 PM by velimir » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »

They've done things the way that was right at the time. You know what you know, you make a decision based on that.

You can always guess what might happen in the future and make decisions based on that too. Is it wrong if that didn't happen the way you thought it would? I don't think so....

So I don't think they've done anything wrong. It's always easy to say things afterward and criticize when you know what happened.

I know it might seem like it's wrong not to update the fans on stuff, but like I've said, they seem to update fans when there's something to say.

And you can never please everybody. So you gotta start by doing what you think is right.

If it pisses people off, all you can do is to wish that at least some people understand.

I don't see any difference in how GN'R has "treated its fans" now or 20 years ago.

Maybe many of you weren't around back then and can't relate.

I just think GN'R is a genuine band. There doesn't seem to be that many of those left these days.

They do what they do and they do it their way.

offtopic: regards to all the people I met in London. hope You are all well

Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
final_touches
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 01:21:19 PM »

Ok, thanks Jarmo for your reply!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:08 PM »

You're welcome.

/jarmo

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2008, 01:36:16 PM »

why does every single thread around here inevitably turn into an argument between jarmo and everyone else?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »

Guess there are too many jarmo fanatics. Grin

So back to the topic,

it says forecast that it's not dead concrete yet. when it is we will be officially notified.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »

it says forecast that it's not dead concrete yet. when it is we will be officially notified.

Really just reinforces what we'd already heard from Rolling Stone, right?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »

Let me ask you guys a question.  What do you think shacklers revenge is ? PROMOTION FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY !!!!  drool

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

No hard feelings.  Just put it down to your own misunderstanding of the word tentative and lack of ability to understand the entire statement in context. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »

Let me ask you guys a question.  What do you think shacklers revenge is ? PROMOTION FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY !!!!  drool

that would be logical.

this might be a stupid question but.......

do you think GNR would make more money releasing CD OR licensing off all the tracks individually to outlets such as Rockband?

for the record of course I would rather they release CD

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »

No hard feelings.  Just put it down to your own misunderstanding of the word tentative and lack of ability to understand the entire statement in context.

I understand it quite fine thank you. I guess what you are saying is that Axl is either stupid or has no concept of time, because so far he is 1.5 years off from his initial goal. I can understand the how the negativity can be tiresome but I think the Axl apologists are just as mind boggling. He's 1.5 years off the month he gave. Let's leave it at that.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »

Axl is just teasing us.  

Seems to me like the perfect method to warm up the general population for new GNR music.  RB2 is charting pretty high in terms of sales, and has still yet to be released on PS3 and Wii.   My personal guess is that we'll see RB2 move to PS3 and Wii before we see Chi Dem on CD.

So Oct 19 for PS3 and Nov 18 for Wii.  

If I was going to release Chi Dem, I'd be wanting the PS2 and Wii kiddies to have been given a chance to listen to the tracks to.   So I'm going out on a limb (or not) and saying that despite seeing SR public release on RB2 on Xbox360, we won't see Chi Dem till Q1 next year at the earliest.  

What leaks??
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »

Saw this at gnrevolution.com

http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/release_list_screen.jpg

Could be fake but lets see. Mysteron? Wink

I have never seen it before.

I have the release schedule for Universal up until 28th October (Bo Diddley, Bobby Brown released) and Guns are not listed. Guns are also not listed on Universal's database for CD or anything CD related.

For what it's worth, I asked someone at Universal about it who deals with the new releases and they had never seen it before. They pointed out that the logo on the document is out of date and the word 'International' on it made it dubious as well.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »

I understand it quite fine thank you. I guess what you are saying is that Axl is either stupid or has no concept of time, because so far he is 1.5 years off from his initial goal. I can understand the how the negativity can be tiresome but I think the Axl apologists are just as mind boggling. He's 1.5 years off the month he gave. Let's leave it at that.

No, I'm not suggesting he's either.  And I'm not an Axl apologist.  Far from it.   I guess I just understood that when he said "tentative" he meant "tentative".  There ARE those people on here that look through everything through rose tinted glasses too.  I'm not in that bunch, but I just happened to not get sucked into the "Chi Dem comes out in MArch!!!!one!!11!!" group and took the statement in context.   He said they'd tentatively release it in March.  It was tentative.  Didn't happen.  Oh well.  

What leaks??
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »

Okay Howard2k

We'll put that one to bed. No hard feelings. For the record, I didn't get sucked in either. Nothing surprises me with this band anymore. After 15 years nothing should.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: