Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone - "November release date selected, in case..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone - "November release date selected, in case..."  (Read 8061 times)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »

Here's to hopefully hearing Chinese Democracy in 2008.   beer

Although, it would be nice to have a source that doesn't just presume the album is coming out every November.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 12:58:46 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/22699919/labels_plan_big_releases_for_fall

"(Even Guns n' Roses' Chinese Democracy has a chance: A source tells Rolling Stone that a November release date has been selected in case the band decides to put it out.)"

This means nothing.  The band hasn't said shit in months. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 05:16:55 AM »

The band hasn't said shit in months. 

July 14, 2008
http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080714&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/22699919/labels_plan_big_releases_for_fall

"(Even Guns n' Roses' Chinese Democracy has a chance: A source tells Rolling Stone that a November release date has been selected in case the band decides to put it out.)"

I thought the record company had the album now. How does the band get to decide on if it's released or not now?

In all likelihood the fans were lied to so we would turn against the label instead of the band.

I don't think I was lied as I don't remember the band telling us either way clearly. Likewise when the source is obscure I take it with a grain of salt.

The Band want's this album out as much as we do.  Only thing is they gotta make sure the timing is right, and that the promotion is going to really make the label some money.  It will be out this year.

These 2 comments have been posted 10000000 times and they both make NO sense at all. "the band wants the album out as much as we do" Than where is it? Its Axl's music, if he wanted it out, it would be out, PERIOD!  "the timing is right"  When exactly is the right time. Good music sells 365 days a year. Write it, market it, sell it. Simple!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »

in case the band decides to put it out: Meaning its only up to the band? Not the recordcompany or anybody else!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »

These 2 comments have been posted 10000000 times and they both make NO sense at all. "the band wants the album out as much as we do" Than where is it? Its Axl's music, if he wanted it out, it would be out, PERIOD!  "the timing is right"  When exactly is the right time. Good music sells 365 days a year. Write it, market it, sell it. Simple!

They make sense if you use your head.

Yeah, it's Axl's music so it makes sense that it's released on his terms.

Also, it makes sense that the timing is right for him. It's not necessarily up to you to decide when that time is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »

Also, it makes sense that the timing is right for him. It's not necessarily up to you to decide when that time is.

/jarmo

Jarmo, does Axl really have a say about whether or not and when the album is released now? Since the album is supposedly in the record company's hands.

Axl could sue the record company to have it not released but I'm just wondering what power does he really have in saying when or if the album is to be released.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

Earlier in the car i was listening to 92.3 krock in new york they was playing gnr out ta get me. after the song the dj said that was gnr, and speaking of gnr it seems chinese democracy will be coming out before christmas. and he mentioned the leaks and shacklers revenge being on rock band 2. then of course he says well it is axl rose so maybe not.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, does Axl really have a say about whether or not and when the album is released now? Since the album is supposedly in the record company's hands.

Axl could sue the record company to have it not released but I'm just wondering what power does he really have in saying when or if the album is to be released.

According to what Axl said in his "open letter" back in December, 2006.... "contact negotiations need to be completed" before the album would come out.  The record company just can't release the album (even if it's in their hands) without all the contracts being completed first. 

cybercurves
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »

/jarmo

I remember that Geffen decided the release of Use Your Illusions, not band. Guns toured for four months before records got out and Axl made some comments of the situation. So I don't think it's completely his decision when a record should be out.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

I remember that Geffen decided the release of Use Your Illusions, not band. Guns toured for four months before records got out and Axl made some comments of the situation. So I don't think it's completely his decision when a record should be out.

Of course it's not completely up to the artist.

There needs to be an understanding between the record company and the artist.

Obviously the record company has a good idea about what's needed for the best possible release (in regards to promotion etc.).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

They make sense if you use your head.

/jarmo

I agree. The music should be released on his terms. That is a true statement, BUT to say he wants it out really bad? Its not like he has to beg someone to release it.  And again, true, it is and should not be up to me to decide when the time is right. My question, which was not answered was, When is this magical time we all keep refering to? This is not a new concept. Pick a song, start the promo, set a date, and go!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »

Alot of things are diffrent this time around then in 2006.  Album wasn't finished, Guns was on tour and due to bad travel schedule Merk planned for the tour it was hard to get the album finished.  Recording was done early 2007 only need to be mixed.  Mixing and the completed album is done late 07.  Its entirely diffrent today Albums done check, Shacklers Revenge out for Rockband 2 check, sounds like to me the start of promotion.  Its not gonna be another oh my god situation or blah blah They got a new management and I fully expect a release in Nov.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:56:39 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »

Alot of things are diffrent this time around then in 2006.  Album wasn't finished, Guns was on tour and due to bad travel schedule Merk planned for the tour it was hard to get the album finished.  Recording was done early 2007 only need to be mixed.  Mixing and the completed album is done late 07.  Its entirely diffrent today Albums done check, Shacklers Revenge out for Rockband 2 check, sounds like to me the start of promotion.  Its not gonna be another oh my god situation or blah blah They got a new management and I fully expect a release in Nov.
I agree with you, things look diferent this time, There is an Actual oficial Release of a song.

Here Today..
gav
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »

So it appears that the release is largely dependent upon gnr (Axl) giving the green light.

Well I suppose that makes perfect sense. It's their album. Guns should have a say about when CD drops.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

Here's hoping that the stars align and the time is right, then.    ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:15:06 PM »

I agree. The music should be released on his terms. That is a true statement, BUT to say he wants it out really bad?

If he didn't intend to release it, do you think he would've worked all this time on it?

My question, which was not answered was, When is this magical time we all keep refering to? This is not a new concept. Pick a song, start the promo, set a date, and go!

The "magical time" can only materialize after there's an understanding between the artist and the record company.

In order to "go", you need that.

Then you can do those steps you mentioned.

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »

2006 tour basically introduced the new band to the public and GnR audience.  It was a successful one 07 they did some dates and now its time to release the album.  THE WHOLE ROCKBAND 2 say's it right there, WERE READY TO RELEASE THIS ALBUM.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

It makes so much sense, November is exactly what I had in mind. With Rock Band 2 confirmed and this possible date selection it a good time to finally believe.

age 37....volume always at 10
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »

They got a new management and I fully expect a release in Nov.

I've been expecting a new album since 1999.  Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: