Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 84481 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »

People came out of TDK saying it was just alright? That's news to me. I thought it was in the top 5 of imdb at one point and was the biggest blockbuster iin years. Burton didn't embrace the comics at all, he admitted he never really read them. He said he liked The Killing Joke once but TDK's interpretation of Joker is way closer to TKJ's than Burton's is.

Anyways, I agree a Burton v Nolan debate, however hilariously one-sided (every part of Nolan's films is better imo) is a bad way for this tread to go.

After a little time off from this movie, I will say I like Gotham in Begins much more. In TDK it seems like the atmosphere and look of it are less unique and more like a regular Chicago.

agreed, there is nothing to debate  hihi

good observation about gotham.  I think since most of BB took place in the narrows (which was just scum city) you got the look and feel of a gritty, ugly gotham.  i think in TDK though you were supposed to get the impression that things were turning around and Dent was really making a difference, that it was becoming a bit brighter.

as for being contradictory, not at all.  you could introduce a character like riddler/penguin or even something more unrealistic like killer croc/clayface and still not have it be a fucking joke, cartoony over the top joke-fest.  I'm surprised you don't see the WHAM, BAM, KA-PLOW effects in the originals, feels like you should.  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GNRFAN20
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »

Villians that could work for the next batman movie could be

The Penguin-would become the new mob boss

Catwoman-Batmans new love intrest with Rachel dead

Mr.Freeze-Trying to find a cure and would have some resemblance to batman seeking revenge to bring Nora back.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »

The Riddler is gonna be the best.

They can make The Riddler dark and mysterious. Look at what Ledger did for the joker, U let Depp make The Riddler more complex and more twisted and it could be on par with the Joker.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRFAN20
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2008, 06:27:26 AM »

The Riddler doesnt seem like he could fill a whole movie as a villian
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2008, 06:57:37 AM »

Yeah, well Batman will be THE "Villain" for probably the first half until The Riddler comes a long and makes Gotham take him back. 

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »

Yeah, well Batman will be THE "Villain" for probably the first half until The Riddler comes a long and makes Gotham take him back. 

are you secretly the films writer? that sounds good

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »

People came out of TDK saying it was just alright? That's news to me. I thought it was in the top 5 of imdb at one point and was the biggest blockbuster iin years. Burton didn't embrace the comics at all, he admitted he never really read them. He said he liked The Killing Joke once but TDK's interpretation of Joker is way closer to TKJ's than Burton's is.

I was talking about real world reactions and conversations.  Not internet polls and box-office numbers. The second Pirates movie made a boat-load more than the first, but is it better? And internet rankings do not reflect the majority of opinions.  I am pretty much forced to talk about Batman everyday, with friends,co-workers,  and strangers.  With people over 20.  Thats where I hear a lot of other opinions and feelings on Dark Knight.  Also, I didnt say that Burton embraced the comics, I said he embraced the fantasy.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »

The Riddler pscyologicially would be a threat to Batman, we also could have Bane in this movie but he isnt a strong enogh villian character wise
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »

got to remember that the story goes that riddler is an employee working for Wayne enterprises i don't see how this could fit into the new style of films as we have not really seen any employees or their work places.

Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

I'm sure they could do that. We've seen board meetings, and remember the guy who figured out the Wayne was Batman? He was a worker there - and he could've been The Riddler (he wasn't, but had his character been named E. Nygma...)

Bane might work if they made his origin plausible and did him faithfully to the original character creation in the comics. B+R had Bane as a joke, just a big dumb guy, but really Bane is a very intelligent person. They could also tie in the drug side of that - Bane isn't always a bad guy. He hates drug dealers.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »

Remember the scene with the big black guy on the boat, who throws out the detonator, he should be the new Bane
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2008, 12:02:39 AM »

got to remember that the story goes that riddler is an employee working for Wayne enterprises i don't see how this could fit into the new style of films as we have not really seen any employees or their work places.

the guy who they tried to kill, and the guy who was going to give up bruce wayne as batman?
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2008, 07:22:25 AM »

ok i stand corrected Tongue

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=40745783
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2008, 07:05:59 PM »

I hope this guy doesnt get any job within the franchise, he's a has been shitty actor

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/12/from-90210-to-gotham-city-brian-austin-green-makes-pitch-for-riddler-casting/
GNRFAN20
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »

Now we know the first villian of the third movie
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »

Nah, we probably wont know that for another year.  They havent even confirmed a third movie yet, even though it is a given.  But I  agree that it should be Riddler.  Goyer has hinted that he has an idea for a villian that hasnt been on film yet, but who knows.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2008, 02:46:44 AM »

The main villian would be the poilce for him being labeled a vigilante then maybe the cops hook up with The Riddler
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »

probably not.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #319 on: August 19, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »

Villians that could work for the next batman movie could be

The Penguin-would become the new mob boss

Catwoman-Batmans new love intrest with Rachel dead

Mr.Freeze-Trying to find a cure and would have some resemblance to batman seeking revenge to bring Nora back.

actually there are talks of bringing Angelina Jolie to be catwoman.. we'll see where that goes.

every scene with the joker was brilliant in the dark knight. and it really is no surprise, to be expected in fact, that the next movie to complete the trilogy will have batman as the outlaw that the law enforcement is hunting for the murders dent had committed.

making the riddler a villain is a possibility but he's not really a major villain in the comics.. especially according to year one, the long halloween, and dark victory.. the comics that batman begins and the dark knight returns were mostly based on.

lets not forget Ra's Al Ghul.. he's not dead. he can always be brought back through the use of his numerous Lazarus Pits.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: