Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 474916 times)
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #1560 on: September 14, 2008, 01:31:59 PM »

I find it amusing that people are listening to this song once, and saying, "it isn't as good as AFD".  Well, you've had 20 years to listen to the songs on that album, and this one has been out for 12 hrs.  After listening to it for the 4th or 5th time, I actually think it is an excellent song, and will I have no doubt the album in its entirety will kick ass.. 
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1561 on: September 14, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »

does n e one have the lyrics to this song
Smiley

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1562 on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:48 PM »

mr2..theyre 3 or 4 pages back i think.ive been reading all the reviews for shacklers and it sounds like its gunna be awesome .lyrics are pretty good.didnt repeat TOO much.I bet axl fduckin kicks ass at this song . can you guys believe it only got a 2 difficulty rating  Shocked oh maaaannnn...

I'm excited lol

Saber idiomas es tener cultura . quel que chose que je pense todas las d?as
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1563 on: September 14, 2008, 02:01:22 PM »

I like the tune. I've been a dedicated fan from the day I first listened to AFD back in 88. Like The Beatles, Queen, U2...and many more, Axl has decided to do something different. It sounds more musically complex than old GnR but its still a great tune. 'My World' on UYI2 was an introduction to this new sound that Axl was experimenting with an the new album, I think, will display alot of this new sound. Its a progression of music and many bands have come under fire when they try something new. Alot of people want to stick with the old format that they know and love but I love to see bands trying new stuff and I'm impressed and not surprised at all with Axl's new direction. Can't wait to hear the album. This is New GNR and although I love the original lineup's music I still like this. Congratulations Axl Rose!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1564 on: September 14, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »

A sample on here for anyone who wants to listen, the person playing the game isn't hitting all the guitar notes but you can still get the idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-TAf5iLtyw

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1565 on: September 14, 2008, 02:27:30 PM »

"Shackler's Revenge" as performed by Guns N' Roses
Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro

i know this is probably a stupid question...but who is costanzo?

learn to read. these are not PERFORMERS but WRITERS. the song is performed by GNR, no details so far.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1566 on: September 14, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »

Did he say that they were performers? An amazing attitude you've got there.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1567 on: September 14, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »

A sample on here for anyone who wants to listen, the person playing the game isn't hitting all the guitar notes but you can still get the idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-TAf5iLtyw

that was fuckin awesome peace not too shabby if i do say so myself

long live gnr  beer

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1568 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:07 PM »

I'm very impressed with the song.  It has a similar sound to Oh, My God, but it has a more catchy beat.  If it's not the first single, that's not a problem at all, they might use a more rock sounding as opposed to industrial.  But overall this song is very good, hope to hear it a lot !!! ok

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1569 on: September 14, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »

"Shackler's Revenge" as performed by Guns N' Roses
Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro

i know this is probably a stupid question...but who is costanzo?

learn to read. these are not PERFORMERS but WRITERS. the song is performed by GNR, no details so far.

where the fuck did acompleteunknown say those guys performed on the track?
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1570 on: September 14, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

I think it was perfect for rockband . the lyrics dont repeat too much but enough so it aint confusing. sweet bass drums n guitar. a fun song for rock band. and its gnr !!!! peace

i wouldnt call it single material but its a kick ass song and thousands of people can play it / hear it now  Smiley

edit : as for all the " its bucket " " its ron " arguments. how are we really supposed to know. we know bucket helped write the song. so it could very well be his guitar work. it coudl be rons

but why argue over it ? we have a new song !! Grin

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1571 on: September 14, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

edit : as for all the " its bucket " " its ron " arguments. how are we really supposed to know.
Cause its very noticeble for those who knows each others style? Because it's cristal clear for some who actually plays an instrument?

Do you have any doubt its Axl singing? I know the answer is obvious, but still, he has a remarkable tone. So has the guitarists.

we know bucket helped write the song. so it could very well be his guitar work. it coudl be rons
Its Ron on solo. 100%. I can hear Robin's rhythm too. Bucket has a whammy lick in the chorus, very subtle in the mix.

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1572 on: September 14, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »

Heard it today. It's bloody terrible to be honest-all over the place. Starts off okay but turns into mushed noise. I'm really disappointed as I was expecting better.

Before I get flamed-it's my opinion. Just because I'm not impressed with it doesn't mean you can't be.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1573 on: September 14, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »

^YOUR NOT A REAL FAN IF YOU DONT LOVE IT!

just kidding. It didnt catch me either until about 4 or 5 listens and now I think its amazing.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1574 on: September 14, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

Heard it today. It's bloody terrible to be honest-all over the place. Starts off okay but turns into mushed noise. I'm really disappointed as I was expecting better.

Before I get flamed-it's my opinion. Just because I'm not impressed with it doesn't mean you can't be.

Surprise surprise, someone with slash in their name don't like it.......  Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1575 on: September 14, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »

Hope your not talking about a muddy mixing version out there. The in-game sound is the real deal and has no such a thing.

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1576 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »

^YOUR NOT A REAL FAN IF YOU DONT LOVE IT!

just kidding. It didnt catch me either until about 4 or 5 listens and now I think its amazing.

Hehe. I just don't understand it though. This song completely alienates some older fans and is not mainstream enough for potential fans. I really don't understand it's selection for a popular commercial videogame.  Undecided

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1577 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »

Surprise surprise, someone with slash in their name don't like it.......  Roll Eyes

That's funny because I love the other stuff I've heard. Everything is not that black and white. Get over your overblown ego.

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1578 on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:20 PM »

That's funny because I love the other stuff I've heard. Everything is not that black and white. Get over your overblown ego.

Ive found that if you listen to the new material thinking of the classic Guns you will always be disappointed. You have to go into it expecting something entirely new.

Otherwise you might as well listen to VR....

not bashing you by the way

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1579 on: September 14, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »

Ive found that if you listen to the new material thinking of the classic Guns you will always be disappointed. You have to go into it expecting something entirely new.

Otherwise you might as well listen to VR....

not bashing you by the way

That's not true at all though for this song. I love the other new Guns stuff I've heard. This one just does not do it for me.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: