Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 406197 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

I had what I thought was an interesting idea about their singer search as well as the possibility of a "reunion" while smoking a little too much pot:

Keep the name Velvet Revolver where they would work on slash/duff/matt and dave stuff with Axl working on vocals/meoldies etc.....

Keep GnR as it is and work on Axl's music, but also incorporate Slash Matt Duff and Izzy into the ensemble.....

touring may be a tad more difficult given axl's penchant for appearing on stage late and how that pisses off other band members but maybe they can work that out.....

most likely VR's tours may be a bit smaller scale rather than GnRs lavish stage shows....but these details didn't get worked out in my haze

but it might satisfy VRs need to stay busy where their writing most of the music and bring axl into the studio or drop off demos and let him do his thing....

and Axl can drop off his ideas to the band and they can work through it and come up with ideas as well....

again, things I didn't work out in my haze but it seemed like a interesting idea at the time   

No offense but when I first read this I thought it was kind of retarded, but only because I thought it would never happen. After a second read I was actually visualizing that scenario and how cool it would be.... unfortunately I still think it would never happen.

Although it is a bit out there it is not that crazy if you think about it.... and could work except for the fact that Axl has a fuckin grudge he can't let go with Slash.

Think about it...Axl and Slash could not agree on their direction for a GNR record. They parted ways. If they could be amicable Axl could help Slash and write some stuff for VR and then tour with VR and GNR. That would be an amazing show. Everyone is happy. There should really not be a grudge at this point between Axl and Slash its not like Slash had sex with his wife or something or called Axl a fuckin asshole. They had musical differences... big deal!

I always thought it would be cool if they ever did some kind of reunion in the future they can do a show where the new GNR opens and plays CD and other new material and then the orginal band comes out for the second act and plays AFD, Lies, UYI I & II, etc. At the end they can all jump on stage and play the shit out of PC and maybe inbetween while Axl rests his voice there can be some guitar battles between Slash, Bucket, & Ron. This would be unprecedented and an amazing show although it would have to be like 3-4 hours long.

The other way I visualized it was VR opening for GNR and Axl showing up on stage singing a couple of VR tunes and then Slash, Duff, & Matt jumping out on stage with GNR to play a couple of songs in the middle of their set or a couple of songs for the encore to end the show.

Sorry guys, but I think it is much more likely to let Steven Tyler do the singing.  rofl

i'd have to agree with you Grin

it was just one of those crazy ideas i get sometimes while baking hihi

wanted to see what other's thought to see if I'd get a new ---hole torn
--------------------------
a couple of years ago I had another wild idea while baking that was even more out there regarding a singer for the material they wrote with Izzy before they got Scott but I may keep that private  hihi
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:55:12 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:26 AM »

Slash should do one song with he, Izzy,Duff and Steven

That would be amazing and have Steven Tyler sing it.

That's an insanely terrific idea! ok

I can?t help it: I just have to shout: YES YES YES!!!!

smoking

wow yeah! best idea Ive heard in a while, actually, an amazin idea!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2008, 02:23:58 PM »

Well suposedly Steven didnt get to play on Slash's album... wasn't that what Steven was crying about on that disturbing video the other day?  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »

Well suposedly Steven didnt get to play on Slash's album... wasn't that what Steven was crying about on that disturbing video the other day?  Huh

Album hasn't been recorded yet.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »

Mark Ronson is currently finishing production duties on the RUMBLE STRIP'S new album and plans to work with GUNS N ROSES legend SLASH on his forthcoming solo record in February.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/ronson%20denies%20winehouse%20feud_1087765

so depending on the guest singers availibilty; this may be out summer of 2009?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »

i think it was that slash didn't ask him to play on it when he goes into the studio
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »

From an update from Perla and Slash that was posted...

January 5, 2009

Slash is gearing up to do his Slash & Friends Record! He has just finished doing all the Demo's for it! But they can't announce the guests on it as yet!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
makane
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2009, 02:22:33 AM »

From an update from Perla and Slash that was posted...

January 5, 2009

Slash is gearing up to do his Slash & Friends Record! He has just finished doing all the Demo's for it! But they can't announce the guests on it as yet!

I hope theres no fucking "Fergie". God.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »

He has said (well Perla anyway) that she will be on the album.

Veteran rocker and Fergie are to feature on guitarist's solo project

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/41261

And on a side note, he attended Fergie's wedding this weekend.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

I have no problem, maybe they do a kick ass blues tune with her on vocals...  Kind of like Joplin or some shit.  I don't know if she could pull it off, but would be interested....
makane
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »

"FFFFFUUUUUUU-" well, maybe she just has minor vocal parts...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2009, 06:33:34 PM »

Yeah, I hate Fergie and this isn't a move that makes me proud to be a slash fan.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »

I'll just wait after I hear the track with Fergie and then comment
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »

Yeah, I hate Fergie and this isn't a move that makes me proud to be a slash fan.

so you hated her version of SCOM with Slash playing during his B-Day celebration?  It happens to be Slash is friends with her? 

Just curious what Fergie did to you that made you hate her so much?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »

so you hated her version of SCOM with Slash playing during his B-Day celebration?  It happens to be Slash is friends with her? 

Just curious what Fergie did to you that made you hate her so much?

She didn't let him touch her lovely lady lumps.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

Slash has collaborated with some pretty odd people in the past...I wouldn't consider Fergie any worse.  He always says he is 'rock and roll' and yet he does these $$ whore gigs with pop/hip-hop singers.  Maybe that is his band vs solo preference, and he feels obligated to feat. his friends.  Who knows. 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2009, 03:24:51 AM »

I don't like Fergie as well, but I'll reserve comment till I hear the track.

Fuck 'Em All.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »

Slash has collaborated with some pretty odd people in the past...I wouldn't consider Fergie any worse.  He always says he is 'rock and roll' and yet he does these $$ whore gigs with pop/hip-hop singers.  Maybe that is his band vs solo preference, and he feels obligated to feat. his friends.  Who knows. 

Dont forget that Slash is half black, and he have shown great appreciation for his roots, and I think that is something that a majority of metal and rock fans dont get, its something close to his heart, and he always made rock with a touch of soul, blues and funk.

Just check out some clips I have gathered for the ones who havent seen them yet:

Slash with Chic & Eric Bennet "LETS DANCE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGSfXFhAJk

Slash with Chic "LE FREAK": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsH5mT33Pg&feature=related

Slash with P.Diddy and Lil Kim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HV0etupLtg

and he also have played with a great number of artists playing mostly "black" music like; Lenny Krawitz, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Easy-E, Blackstreet and Ol dirty Bastard and many more..
Musicians and artists have a reputation of being open minded, and I think its cool that he transfers some of that rock and bluesy style that he is known for into other musically directions..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

Dont forget that Slash is half black, and he have shown great appreciation for his roots, and I think that is something that a majority of metal and rock fans dont get, its something close to his heart, and he always made rock with a touch of soul, blues and funk.

Just check out some clips I have gathered for the ones who havent seen them yet:

Slash with Chic & Eric Bennet "LETS DANCE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGSfXFhAJk

Slash with Chic "LE FREAK": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsH5mT33Pg&feature=related

and he also have played with a great number of artists playing mostly "black" music like; Lenny Krawitz, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Easy-E, Blackstreet and Ol dirty Bastard and many more..
Musicians and artists have a reputation of being open minded, and I think its cool that he transfers some of that rock and bluesy style that he is known for into other musically directions..

anyone notice these were all for various charities?
jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

anyone notice these were all for various charities?

No, that would go against the "Slash is the anti-Christ" theory...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:17:29 AM by jeffaz02t » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: