Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:51:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 405141 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »

Bach: No Velvet Revolver, May Work With Slash

June 25, 2008 , 1:15 PM ET

Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But Nothing's happening right now with me and him."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003820504

What the fuck?
Some cockhead wrote the same thing in a free paper in Newcastle Ausrtalia earlier this year. Gives me the shits.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 10:44:17 PM »

Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But Nothing's happening right now with me and him."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003820504

What the fuck?
Some cockhead wrote the same thing in a free paper in Newcastle Ausrtalia earlier this year. Gives me the shits.

Funny, it looks like he caught his mistake.  If you click on the link now...this is how it reads:

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

Embarrassed

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

What the fuck?

Funny, it looks like he caught his mistake.  If you click on the link now...this is how it reads:

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

Embarrassed

Ah ok cool. HAHA. I should probably read all before I shoot my mouth off. LOL.

But dead set, some arsehole wrote "former Guns N' Roses frontman, Axl Rose" in a paper I get when Baz was on tour here earlier this year.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 08:22:04 AM »

this is all old news
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 10:18:48 AM »

this is all old news

you too  Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

Slash Exercises Freedom With Solo Album

October 24, 2008 , 11:45 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

A solo album or the third Velvet Revolver album -- or possibly both -- are on Slash's docket for 2009. The guitarist tells Billboard.com that he's "at the very tail end of the demo phase" for the solo project, which he hopes to start recording early next year.

He began coming up with material during Velvet Revolver's last tour and says that while it will have references to his work with that band and Guns N' Roses, "there's really no particular direction. I just wanted to take a little bit of a break from all the politics and the democracy that is a band and just sort of do my own thing for a little bit. There will be a lot of stuff I don't have the freedom to do in a band situation."

Slash plans to use different singers for each of the album's songs but isn't divulging who's on the list yet. "They're all sort of well-known singers," he says. "It's sort of like how I go play on a lot of other people's records, so other people will just play on this one."

Slash cautions that the solo album could be interrupted if Velvet Revolver finds a replacement for Scott Weiland in the near future, however. The group has turned down offers to conduct the search via a reality TV show -- "There's such a huge lack of integrity in that process," Slash says -- but is looking at a variety of possibilities, including some established singers whose interest has surprised the band.

"There's been a couple that might have been interesting," Slash says, "but with any of those 'name' people ... it's really hard to make something sound original if you've got somebody people are so familiar with hearing somewhere else. But I must admit the bar has been raised; the quality of the singers we're getting is much better."

Slash has also kept himself busy in the studio; besides a version of Sergei Rachmaninoff's "Vocalise" on "Les Paul and Friends: A Tribute to a Legend," he also plays on Alice Cooper's "Along Came a Spider," Edgar Winter's "Rebel Road" and the upcoming album by Cypress Hill.

In addition, the guitarist will perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's American Music Masters tribute to Les Paul on Nov. 15 in Cleveland.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003877749

overmatik
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

I hope there's some real great singers in this album, and not the bunch off assholes that Santana puts on his albums. I mean, there's so many great people that could be in it: Alice Cooper, Sebastian Bach, Fiona Apple, Iggy Pop...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »

How about a proper recording of Slash and Zakk doing Voodoo Child?Huh??
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »

I'm hoping Izzy will be on it, it would be awesome to hear their two guitars on the same song again anno 2008... it would be even better if Duff would also be on the track Tongue Not for nostalgic reasons, purely that the combo of them three is pure magic Cool
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

I'm hoping Izzy will be on it, it would be awesome to hear their two guitars on the same song again anno 2008... it would be even better if Duff would also be on the track Tongue Not for nostalgic reasons, purely that the combo of them three is pure magic Cool

doesnt Slash play on the Like a Dog record?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »

Nope, on all of Izzy's solo albums Rick Richards plays rhythm and lead guitar, he kinda reminds me of Slash in certain ways though.. great sense of melody and style, it's like Slash only more with Izzy's sound. Drummer Taz Bentley (former of Reverend Horton Heat) plays on all the albums post Ju Ju Hounds, then Duff plays bass on all post JJH albums up until Like A Dog, were Izzy played bass himself with the exception of two songs (Hammerhead / Chop Away) on which sounding engineer/musician JT Longoria plays. JT has been replacing Duff since then on the remaining albums.

Rick Richards is known of the Georgia Satellites, one of the most popular Georgia Satellites songs is Battleship Chains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQr7RxYec-0&feature=related

And here's Rick Richards playing live (the guy on vox) more recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcErZ8LMlJ0

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:33:32 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »

Slash should do one song with he, Izzy,Duff and Steven

That would be amazing and have Steven Tyler sing it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »

Lollerskates.  rofl

All I know is that this will be nothing like Santana's albums.

I for one, will buy Slash's solo album. It's going to be terrific!
makane
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »

Just roaming around youtube for GN'R videos and found this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHv4dEH_48&feature=related

I thought that was awesome. Can't wait for the new album...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »

^pretty fuckin sweet!

likin' the first record more and more, aint life grand is grander though
overmatik
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

Slash should do one song with he, Izzy,Duff and Steven

That would be amazing and have Steven Tyler sing it.

That's an insanely terrific idea! ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »

Rumor had it that 3 of the singers on SLASH's forthcoming solo album will be Alice Cooper, Lenny Kravitz and Sebastian Bach. While SLASH would not confirm Alice and Lenny, he did say that Sebastian would definitely not be on the album.

Snakepit.org

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »

Rumor had it that 3 of the singers on SLASH's forthcoming solo album will be Alice Cooper, Lenny Kravitz and Sebastian Bach. While SLASH would not confirm Alice and Lenny, he did say that Sebastian would definitely not be on the album.

Snakepit.org
Probably sounded a little too much like Axl.  I would fully expect Lenny Kravitz as Slash is a huge fan.  Interesting the Steven Tyler mention before...I have always thought Slash and Perry would make a great combo, and Stevens voice compliments JP very well (and vice-versa).  Would also like to have Slash/Wylde Voodoo Child, in a proper studio version.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »

SLASH's Forthcoming Solo Album To Feature OZZY OSBOURNE, FERGIE - Nov. 24, 2008

The Rockerrazzi web site recently conducted an interview with Perla Hudson, the wife of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (real name: Saul Hudson). During the chat, Perla revealed that Slash's forthcoming album will feature a plethora of special guests, including Ozzy Osbourne and pop/R&B singer, rapper and actress Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson). Watch the two-and-a-half-minute interview below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109525

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

I almost took for granted that fergie would be on it, pretty cool with ozzy though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: