Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 406212 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »

Slash has collaborated with some pretty odd people in the past...I wouldn't consider Fergie any worse.  He always says he is 'rock and roll' and yet he does these $$ whore gigs with pop/hip-hop singers.  Maybe that is his band vs solo preference, and he feels obligated to feat. his friends.  Who knows. 

Dont forget that Slash is half black, and he have shown great appreciation for his roots, and I think that is something that a majority of metal and rock fans dont get, its something close to his heart, and he always made rock with a touch of soul, blues and funk.

Just check out some clips I have gathered for the ones who havent seen them yet:

Slash with Chic & Eric Bennet "LETS DANCE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGSfXFhAJk

Slash with Chic "LE FREAK": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsH5mT33Pg&feature=related

Slash with P.Diddy and Lil Kim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HV0etupLtg

and he also have played with a great number of artists playing mostly "black" music like; Lenny Krawitz, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Easy-E, Blackstreet and Ol dirty Bastard and many more..
Musicians and artists have a reputation of being open minded, and I think its cool that he transfers some of that rock and bluesy style that he is known for into other musically directions..

anyone notice these were all for various charities?

No, that would go against the "Slash is the anti-Christ" theory...

"we judge a book by it's cover and read what they want, between selected lines" hihi
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »

and he also have played with a great number of artists playing mostly "black" music like; Lenny Krawitz, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Easy-E, Blackstreet and Ol dirty Bastard and many more..
Musicians and artists have a reputation of being open minded, and I think its cool that he transfers some of that rock and bluesy style that he is known for into other musically directions..
I don't want to start one of those 'Slash is the Anti-christ' arguments...but didn't he leave GnR because he DIDN'T want to explore different musical directions?  Only wanted to play 'Rock and Roll'?  Again, I think he just has a thing for helping out his 'friends' (only my opinion), and that is respectable.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »

I don't want to start one of those 'Slash is the Anti-christ' arguments...but didn't he leave GnR because he DIDN'T want to explore different musical directions?  Only wanted to play 'Rock and Roll'?  Again, I think he just has a thing for helping out his 'friends' (only my opinion), and that is respectable.

It's very respectable!

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »

read Slash's book, it spells out why he left Wink
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2009, 05:14:04 PM »

Slash has collaborated with some pretty odd people in the past...I wouldn't consider Fergie any worse.  He always says he is 'rock and roll' and yet he does these $$ whore gigs with pop/hip-hop singers.  Maybe that is his band vs solo preference, and he feels obligated to feat. his friends.  Who knows. 

Dont forget that Slash is half black, and he have shown great appreciation for his roots, and I think that is something that a majority of metal and rock fans dont get, its something close to his heart, and he always made rock with a touch of soul, blues and funk.

Just check out some clips I have gathered for the ones who havent seen them yet:

Slash with Chic & Eric Bennet "LETS DANCE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxGSfXFhAJk

Slash with Chic "LE FREAK": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsH5mT33Pg&feature=related

i thought he played those three songs great; especially Le Freak and the PDiddy/LilKim song-they may not have been rock songs but he rocked the shit out of them hihi
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »

i thought he played those three songs great; especially Le Freak and the PDiddy/LilKim song-they may not have been rock songs but he rocked the shit out of them hihi

He can actually make rap music enjoyable, never thought I would use the words rap and enjoyable in the same sentence  Tongue
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »

He can actually make rap music enjoyable, never thought I would use the words rap and enjoyable in the same sentence  Tongue

Rap ain't so bad when theirs a great lead guitairst playing with a band Wink peace
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2009, 09:34:34 AM »

Well, back in 90/91 I was real hardcore, olly listening to rock and metal, but when I started paying attention to what Slash did outside GnR, I realized I had missed out on a big part of music, and my life as a musician, and as a musicfan has never been the same after that. Now I listen to any music style, and that broadened my horizont a lot!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:15 AM »

Rap ain't so bad when theirs a great lead guitairst playing with a band Wink peace

I know, if all the hiphop artist started doing co ups with Slash, and other rock artists, that would probably benefit both music styles in sales, just like that JayZ and LinkinPark album did (even if I hated it personally)

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »

anyone notice these were all for various charities?

Yeah, thats true, and normally the artists do this free of charge, so it dosent have any thing with whoring for dollars, but doing something helpfull and nice, and jam and play with other cool artists the same time...

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

That's exactly what I am refering to.  Wink

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »

Did you skip page 454? hihi
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »

Did you skip page 454? hihi

Touch? classicgunfan, I was fast-reading to find that page, but you beat me to it ok

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »

I'm not sure what the source of this story is but...

Sebastian said that this report is NOT true...at least regarding his part anyway.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slash and Friends

It seems as if we?re looking at a late-May release for Slash?s first-ever "solo" album, which has a working title of Slash and Friends.

Featured vocalists include: Fergie, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz, B Real, Gavin Rossdale, Royston Langdon, Sebastian Bach, Perry Farrell, Steven Tyler and Alice Cooper.

Supposedly, Matt Sorum, Lars Ulrich, Stephen Perkins and Chad Smith all play drums on the disc.

Last Fall, Sebastian Bach said that Slash?s album was going to be "mind-blowing."

Now, where have we heard that before?

Slash and Friends will play the Quart Festival in July 2009.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:13 PM »

Featured vocalists include: Fergie, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz, B Real, Gavin Rossdale, Royston Langdon, Sebastian Bach, Perry Farrell, Steven Tyler and Alice Cooper.

Aside from Fergie, that's a very cool list
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

Yeah I'd even give the Fergie track a chance.  Those drummers are badass.  Are we gonna get an Adler tune Mr. Hudson??  He's cleaned up his act.......allegedly.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2009, 11:01:18 PM »

Yeah I'd even give the Fergie track a chance.  Those drummers are badass.  Are we gonna get an Adler tune Mr. Hudson??  He's cleaned up his act.......allegedly.

I love the list!  I hope Duff, Adler, Izzy, and Dave also make an appearence, but I assume Slash will play ALL the guitars and maybe even some bass, so the Drummer will have the biggest outside influence on this solo disk. 
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »

i wouldn't expect it to have one drummer. There are alot of good drummers in LA and when you are Slash you can pretty much get anyone you want to play with you.

My guess is you will probably hear people like Dave Grohl and other famous drummers playing on different tracks.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »

i wouldn't expect it to have one drummer. There are alot of good drummers in LA and when you are Slash you can pretty much get anyone you want to play with you.

My guess is you will probably hear people like Dave Grohl and other famous drummers playing on different tracks.

Listed a few posts above!  Several drummers to appear.
makane
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »

Yes, pretty cool, but Lars is just badass. Hes not a guy to be borrowed "for his skills". imo

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: