Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 61376 times)
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2008, 07:05:58 AM »

My horse is a July release...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2008, 07:07:48 AM »

My horse is a July release...

isn't that, perhaps, maybe, a bit too optimistic?  Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »

I thought about this all night. We should not expect anything to normal to happen.... BUT for speculation purposes

With a management team in place things seem to be heading the right way.

The label wants to maximize there return on this album.

So do they release it around the olympics Or do they hold it to late 2008 to feed the dr. pepper craze without them having to fund much of the publicity. Dr. Pepper and the news will help them alot for free.

My bet is on a date right around the olympics with China.  The label and GnR get will get exsposure because of the "Chinese Democracy" tag and the olympics with China. Look at all the crazy people protesting the olympics already. I see Dr. Pepper updating there blog and feeding news stories over "will it finally happen".  And then you will have the news stories about "14 years in the making, Will it really happen".

I see an oppurtunity for this thing to be profitable for all parties if they play the olympic card. Who cares waiting for xmas, people will buy it then also. Hit sooner and ride the free publicity wave. 

Dr. Pepper will win
Gnr Will win
Geffen will win

MY MONEY IS ON JULY

To catch any olympic publicity schrapnel they have to hit it before the olympics start while the protesting is in the news.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »

I hear that record negotiations are moving along nicely.  The new management team of Azoff and Gould have the
stroke needed to make Universal stop messing around wrt the release of CD.

That is the latest.
Brilliant news man. Seriously this is the best GnR related news i've heard for a while. Axl responding to Dr Pepper was kool but this actually means the wheels are very well in motion for a release. I'm not getting my hopes up, but i think we will get an official announcement(like the march 6th open letter) in June-July. If it happens earlier ill be even happier.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

Given the protracted negotiations with the label, I wonder how Axl was able to even give a "tentative" release date?  Unless of course the stumbling blocks were completely unexpected.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »

well,

from what I'm reading everywhere

A lot of bands just gave us news about the releases of their albums
and even gave some tracklistings... if June/july would be fitted..... wouldn't we have the same thigns by now...

I'm not optimistic. I'm saying late october and a tour starting in november to give Robin some rest before going out again after NIN.
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2008, 10:24:28 AM »

Given the protracted negotiations with the label, I wonder how Axl was able to even give a "tentative" release date?  Unless of course the stumbling blocks were completely unexpected.
I wonder how Axl was able to give the March 6th release date way back in December 2006 even though mixing and mastering had not even started til after Febuary 2007. Something is bullshit about that for sure.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »

Whatever happens, you'd want a long period from an announcement to a date.

A time for hype and expectations to build. Look beyond the hardcore fans on message boards and at the average consumer, and that's logical.

However, yes, the Olympics and the Dr. Pepper challenge could change things around a bit.

Also - there was a time (1999-2000) when I was certain, that the album wouldn't make much of a splash (200,000 units opening week and 500,000 at years end). But as strange as the story has been since - and now 8 years later - this album will explode when it's released. Everybody will want to "hear" the monkey and more importantly have "an opinion" about the monkey..

Smiley

RF

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »

a july release would be awesome, with a first single in may...

thx Mysteron

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »

good news.   only 20 days since the team was announced. Cheesy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »

a july release would be awesome, with a first single in may...

thx Mysteron

Yes it WOULD! beer

Another alternative (and perhaps more realistic) would be an early summer single (like YCBM came out with T2 in the Summer of '91) to take in some of the Olympic hype and then a full release after American Thanksgiving (November) to corner the Christmas market and deliver on the Dr. Pepper angle. Who knows? It will be interesting to watch...

Thanks Mysteron! ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »

June/july is to fast.

and besides ROb is taking a break with NIN till at least september ends. so it wouldn't be practical.

release chidem round october. and tour in november to give rob a small break before going back to tour.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2008, 11:33:55 AM »

I wonder how Axl was able to give the March 6th release date way back in December 2006 even though mixing and mastering had not even started til after Febuary 2007. Something is bullshit about that for sure.

It was the muse's fault - she did not come.  Cry
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »

I think it must have been that the negotiations were either unexpected, or took an unexpected turn.
Led Roses 06
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »

This really is amazing news.  I personally think that they're going to try to release this on an "off" week during the summer before the Olympics.  Given the amount of major rock artists putting out albums early in the summer, it would make the most sense to release it at the end of June/Early July right before the Olympics.  You don't want this album dropping the same day as Distrubed's Indestructible (June 3), Motley Crue's new disc (June 17 or something), and Shinedown's new disc (mid June).  A lead single would coincide perfectly with Memorial Day in the U.S. (which is a remembrance day for our fallen veterans) leading into an Olympics release.

I don't see a post October release happening just because the major labels focus on releasing compilation dics and box sets during the holiday season to maximize profits.

Whatever the strategy, it is coming!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »

I think it must have been that the negotiations were either unexpected, or took an unexpected turn.

In addition to that, there were delays due to scheduling conflicts.

The album was recorded and mixing should've started immediately, but didn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »

well, some of you are being too enthusiastic it seems. maybe this info is dated and times have changed, but (as i've said a few times before) from what i know, big albums are not released during midsummer (june or 1st week of july the latest). then from september on, huge albums keep on coming again. until june there's not much time left. during the olympics we have midsummer, right? robin is also on tour. so, according to this logic, i don't think cd will happen that soon. it takes 2-3 months to get a cd out. but the negotiations haven't even come to an end. please, prove me wrong, i'm not speaking as an expert here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:36:25 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2008, 12:30:05 PM »

[/quote]

In addition to that, there were delays due to scheduling conflicts.

The album was recorded and mixing should've started immediately, but didn't.

/jarmo
[/quote]

Scheduling conflicts with who?  Andy Wallace?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »

well, some of you are being too enthusiastic it seems. maybe this info is dated and times have changed, but (as i've said a few times before) from what i know, big albums are not released during the summer (june or 1st week of july the latest). then from september on, huge albums keep on coming again. until june there's not much time left.

I think it used to be like that.

Today it seems like it doesn't matter that much.

Some big "rock records" that were released in the summer:
Linkin Park released Minutes to Midnight in May 2007.
Bon Jovi (!) released Lost Highway in June 2007.
Red Hot Chili Peppers released Stadium Arcadium in May 2006.
Foo Fighters released In Your Honor in June 2005.
Colplay released X&Y in June 2005.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »

well, some of you are being too enthusiastic it seems. maybe this info is dated and times have changed, but (as i've said a few times before) from what i know, big albums are not released during the summer (june or 1st week of july the latest). then from september on, huge albums keep on coming again. until june there's not much time left.

I think it used to be like that.

Today it seems like it doesn't matter that much.

Some big "rock records" that were released in the summer:
Linkin Park released Minutes to Midnight in May 2007.
Bon Jovi (!) released Lost Highway in June 2007.
Red Hot Chili Peppers released Stadium Arcadium in May 2006.
Foo Fighters released In Your Honor in June 2005.
Colplay released X&Y in June 2005.

/jarmo

you may be right, that it doen't matter that much these days. smashing pumkins also released during july 2007. but may/june 2008 isn't midsummer (which is still a "dead"-time) and prob. too close for cd. don't get me wrong, my hopes are also up. but rather for a late 2008 release. that's a bit more realistic i suppose. Wink
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:59:04 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: