Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:27:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 742176 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

i'm not shifting anything, i'm just saying...as a fan my gnr CD collection is the same as what it was in '99  hihi

You said the album was almost done in 1999. I pointed out how almost done or wishing to finish it isn't the same as the album actually being finished.

Then you go on about how it can't be finished because it's not in the stores.

So obviously you conveniently decided to go from a finished album to talking about it being released. Two different things.

None of which were true in 1999.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

i'm not shifting anything, i'm just saying...as a fan my gnr CD collection is the same as what it was in '99  hihi

You said the album was almost done in 1999. I pointed out how almost done or wishing to finish it isn't the same as the album actually being finished.

Then you go on about how it can't be finished because it's not in the stores.

So obviously you conveniently decided to go from a finished album to talking about it being released. Two different things.

/jarmo

Back ON TOPIC

... I think who Fink is touring with has a marginal effect on GNR as a whole and zero effect on the release date.  Lets cross the "Who will tour in support of CD" bridge when we get there.  Until then, focus should only be on how to release the damn album.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »

well i tried to drop the conversation tiwce but whatever here goes

....it was heresay in 1999 and its heresay in 2008

i dont see any signs pointing that its finished do you? just a couple people saying it is....i dont see any promotion telling me its gonna be released...i dont seen an official press release saying its done, i dont see the album on the store shelves....there is nothign tangible proving the album is finished....isnt that what we do as fans of GnR? when its official they announce it and we beleive it? did i miss a press release? or was it just a comment in passing during a telephone conversation? I dunno what your buisiness is like but until i have written proof of something then its not official...even if i give direction on the phone i have to follow it up with an email or a fax

... I think who Fink is touring with has a marginal effect on GNR as a whole and zero effect on the release date.  Lets cross the "Who will tour in support of CD" bridge when we get there.  Until then, focus should only be on how to release the damn album.

amen smoking ok but a machine the size of NIN means big commitments....and after all the hard work that has been put into instilling robin as "the man" the will not do anything without robin...unless robin is out...as thus (and i'm assuming robin is still a member of GnR) GnR will not be doing live shows or promotions until '09 at the earliest...isnt it the thing ro do these days? after the album is released the play jimmy kimball and The Late Show, the tonight show, letterman, award shows all to promote the album until touring season begins? well we can rule all that out until NIN tour is over...and i guess nobody knows the average length of an NIN world tour? i've only asked 3 times

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

Hmm....   Who goes on tour with another band if their CD is ready to be released?  No one.  regardless if he is still in GN'R or not, I say this puts CD off until late '08 or "09.

But that's just IMO.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »

i dont see any signs pointing that its finished do you? just a couple people saying it is....

Oh God.....

Keep thinking that then if it works for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »

Try to sleep on it this weekend if you can. You'll be wiser on Monday.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »

This thread is pointless.  The Album is done, I don't care if Finck joins the Circus until the album is released.  I am dumber for having participated in this thread.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »

Where is Mysteron when you need him?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »

i dont see any signs pointing that its finished do you? just a couple people saying it is....

Oh God.....

Keep thinking that then if it works for you.

when something actually starts to happen then maybe i'll think differently...the last i heard, the label hadnt even heard from Ax-man in months..so obvously "negotiations" had stalled for at least a while...things may be different now that a management team is in place...but i havent heard anything to the contrary...until either Axl or the Label bends to the other at least a little then i dont think anythign will happen...is that why robin left? maybe the album is "nowhere in sight" again, so that why he took off...for the second time...

here wanna read my worst fears?

With the release of the song "Oh My God" on the End of Days soundtrack last November, Axl Rose fans had some hope that the fabled new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, might soon see the light of day. Better keep hoping.
"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."

A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").

Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)

"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.

"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed ? and I was there for two and a half years."

But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.

"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs ? from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."

But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."

Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.

"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=253

granted lyrics are now done ...but instead of lyrics how about we replace all instances of "lyrics" in the article with "negotiations with the label" or somethign like it

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »

You're assuming he quit! Did Tommy quit when he played with Soul Asylum? Did Richard quit when he played with Nena? Did Dizzy quit to tour with Jizzy? No! So don't assume Robin is gone.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »

I am hopeful Robin hasn't officially left the band. I would be dissappointed if he leaves forever. A replacement could mean back in the studio to record more and delay this long delayed album even further. I would hate to see the revolving door on muscians with this "band" stay open forever... I hope Robin comes back to Guns when things get rolling again. I admire Robin's skill and hope this is just a side project since things are quiet on the gnr front.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

when something actually starts to happen then maybe i'll think differently...the last i heard, the label hadnt even heard from Ax-man in months..so obvously "negotiations" had stalled for at least a while...things may be different now that a management team is in place...but i havent heard anything to the contrary...until either Axl or the Label bends to the other at least a little then i dont think anythign will happen...is that why robin left? maybe the album is "nowhere in sight" again, so that why he took off...for the second time...

granted lyrics are now done ...but instead of lyrics how about we replace all instances of "lyrics" in the article with "negotiations with the label" or somethign like it

Oh my God, are you serious?
That's the most stupid thing I've read all day, and I've been reading this thread all day.
madagas
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:49 PM »

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? rofl Hell no! "Don't stop him, he's on a roll...." hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »

Oh my God, are you serious?
That's the most stupid thing I've read all day, and I've been reading this thread all day.

Can you beleive that quote from Robin was fucking 8 years ago?  Seemed like yesterday.  Shit.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? rofl Hell no! "Don't stop him, he's on a roll...." hihi
That was Japan.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
madagas
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »

no shit sherlock, it's a movie quote
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »

All Members Of GUNS N' ROSES On Tour...

ROBIN FINCK Lead Guitar Of GNR... Back Whit ex.ban NIN...

What's The Problem ??

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

GUNS N' ROSES Forever KICK ASS... !!!
HBK *
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:07:51 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

That was Japan.

PLEASE TELL ME............you aren't being serious right now..........PLEASE no
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »

Neemo, I really think that you're talking yourself into believing the bleakest scenario possible.  Trying to draw a parallel with an article from 8 years ago, when clearly the situation today for Robin is very different (recording finished, and very many successful shows under his belt), is not particularly helpful.  And to start talking about Robin leaving is premature to say the least.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »

You're assuming he quit! Did Tommy quit when he played with Soul Asylum? Did Richard quit when he played with Nena? Did Dizzy quit to tour with Jizzy? No! So don't assume Robin is gone.

But we heard about all those gigs/tours in an appropriate fashion without having to assume anything. NIN posting a picture of the current lead guitarist for GnR' stating 'Welcome Back' assumes a lot!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: