Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 742197 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:29 PM »

The album wasn't done in 1999

we dont know that for sure

Really?

it's done now.

we dont know that for sure either

Where exactly have you been?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »

this doesn?t look good at all... I mean, how can CD come out any time soon if its guitar player is going to tour (even if just temporarly) with another band?  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »

no one said that but why hire the guy for only one leg of the tour...sounds kinda dumb to me. so they take off a few months to rehearse a new lead guitarist in the middle of the tour? i really doubt it

As far as I know they did the same with Josh Freese, first they had a guy who played drums for a month or two and then Josh came in. So why not the guitar player this time.

/jarmo

No matter what you say, people will use this thread to spread strange questions, or use it to raise their doubts even if they don't make any sense.
The only thing we can do is trust the statements done by the band or by their representatives (official or non-official like Del James pr Beta). If you are a fan, you'll believe it. If we start to analyze every single word every spoken by the GnR camp, then it is just childish and stupid. Sorry, I don't get it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Really?

it's done now.

/jarmo

i can pull quotes of axl saying the album would be done in 1999 or 2000 if you'd like...but i'm pretty sure we all read those articles.. and in 99 when it was "almost done" robin left and they rerecorded all his shit

so come 2004 tommy even said he had finally heard the final tracks and yet frank and ron recorded stuff in 06 and 07...whatever i dont wanna mince words here and i know a few people in the band said it was finished...but to me its not finished until its on the shelf...sorry i've been following the band too long to assume anything

until we hear from robin or axl i have to assume the worst...cuz this is almost like BH's departure...it was rumored and rumored and denied by management...but in the end it ended up being true and bucket was gone...you guys can put all the positive spin on it that you want but frankly i think NIN sucks so this does absolutely nothign for me but put doubt on the status of my favorite band  Cry

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »

Really?

it's done now.

/jarmo

i can pull quotes of axl saying the album would be done in 1999 or 2000 if you'd like...but i'm pretty sure we all read those articles.. and in 99 when it was "almost done" robin left and they rerecorded all his shit

so come 2004 tommy even said he had finally heard the final tracks and yet frank and ron recorded stuff in 06 and 07...whatever i dont wanna mince words here and i know a few people in the band said it was finished...but to me its not finished until its on the shelf...sorry i've been following the band too long to assume anything

until we hear from robin or axl i have to assume the worst...cuz this is almost like BH's departure...it was rumored and rumored and denied by management...but in the end it ended up being true and bucket was gone...you guys can put all the positive spin on it that you want but frankly i think NIN sucks so this does absolutely nothign for me but put doubt on the status of my favorite band  Cry

A fan who is now a realist after years of bad news and some great news.  Neemo, I don't fault you at all for your thoughts.  Actually, I always assume the worst, its just a lot better to look at life like that.  You are better prepared and if something ends up good, you are surprised and happy.  Looks like the winner in 2008 is Dr. Pepper because they don't have to give any free sodas away and still got free promotion.  Good for them.  And this is different than Neena or Soul Aslyum because its Robin and its NIN and its a world tour.  I hope its just US leg too.  Its just best to sit and wait for more info I guess.  We are great at doing that by now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

i can pull quotes of axl saying the album would be done in 1999 or 2000 if you'd like...

You can pull out quotes out of somewhere all you want.

Saying/hoping the album would be done isn't the same as it being done.

Kimi R?ikk?nen is saying he hopes to win the 2008 F1 championship too.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »

i can pull quotes of axl saying the album would be done in 1999 or 2000 if you'd like...

/jarmo

Jarmo, at the end of the day, does it really matter?  The Album is the Goal now.  Touring in support with Robin would be great, but I am sure the band would manage well without him.  The album is the priority and weather or not Robin is on tour with NIN, it has zero bearing on the release date for CD.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo is completely right.  At no other time but now have we heard from someone so close to the GN'R camp that the record is done, as Beta has said.  The record is done, as in completely done.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:49:44 PM by Ali » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, at the end of the day, does it really matter?  The Album is the Goal now.  Touring in support with Robin would be great, but I am sure the band would manage well without him.  The album is the priority and weather or not Robin is on tour with NIN, it has zero bearing on the release date for CD.

That's true, the album's release is the goal  But, wouldn't you like to see things come full circle, as in the guys who were on the last tour, the ones who have worked so hard to put this record together, be there to tour when the record comes out and it is time to tour?

I would.  That's why I hope Robin hasn't left permanently.

Ali
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »

A fan who is now a realist after years of bad news and some great news.

well "realistically" we dont know what long term effect this will have on GnR...but i do believe this effectively put Robin out of GnR until '09 minimum....

BTW how long does NIN usually tour for?

so the album is offically done? or did a few people say it was done?  Tongue it ain't in stores means it ain't done. Marketing, pressing and distributing are all part of "making" a commercial album....and niether of those 3 things are "done" cuz i dont have it yet

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »

Ali, I would Love Robin to be there for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just saying worst case, we get the album, which he is on, but he may miss some show while on another tour.  I would take that.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

A fan who is now a realist after years of bad news and some great news.

well "realistically" we dont know what long term effect this will have on GnR...but i do believe this effectively put Robin out of GnR until '09 minimum....

BTW how long does NIN usually tour for?

so the album is offically done? or did a few people say it was done?  Tongue it ain't in stores means it ain't done. Marketing, pressing and distributing are all part of "making" a commercial album....and niether of those 3 things are "done" cuz i dont have it yet

Neemo, its hard to argue with what you are saying.  We are jaded, and until we see it, it doesn't exist. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »

Funny. Nice way to shift focus.

It sure as hell wasn't in the stores in 1999 either but you claimed you could pull out quotes saying t was almost in stores. Wait, I mean almost done.

/jarmo

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »

Jarmo, you know about that, you have contacts!

Is Robin on Guns N' Roses or not? Robin quit?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:03:54 PM by Ulises » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »

Funny. Nice way to shift focus.

It sure as hell wasn't in the stores in 1999 either but you claimed you could pull out quotes saying t was almost in stores. Wait, I mean almost done.

i'm not shifting anything, i'm just saying...as a fan my gnr CD collection is the same as what it was in '99  hihi

do you think we'll hear anything from axl in the next wek or 2 about this Jarmo? and as an NIN fan do you know how long the band goes out on tour for?

peopel here are right though, Jarmo included....Robin may jsut be twiddling his thumbs in LA so its conceivable that he asked axl if he was cool with it and Axl agreed cuz its all legal crap and front end stuff to sift through before the album is out....GnR isnt slated to do anything live in '08 so robin may as well tour with his old buddy Trent...I just hope to hear something positive from gnr is all  peace

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »

I think this is the first time I DESPERATELY need an update on the GNR official website.

I try to be calm, because I know there's nothing concrete to worry about.

But I dont like the ''world tour'' thing at all...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »

I think this is the first time I DESPERATELY need an update on the GNR official website.

Nowhere has the NIN thing been billed as a World Tour.  We all need to chill out!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »

Nowhere has the NIN thing been billed as a World Tour.  We all need to chill out!

Nine Inch Nails 2008 touring lineup has been completed. Returning member Robin Finck and new addition Rich Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Wink incase you missed the press release  Kiss

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »

I completely agree.

Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »

Nine Inch Nails 2008 touring lineup has been completed. Returning member Robin Finck and new addition Rich Fownes will join Trent Reznor, Alessandro Cortini and Josh Freese for a world tour beginning July in North America.

Wink incase you missed the press release  Kiss

OUCH.  Missed that, all I had seen was the "Welcome back" and the photo on nin.com as well as the band member listing on the youtube channel.  Where was the press release?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: