Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses  (Read 49032 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »

They updated the website adding this statement in, FYI.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »

Here's a quote from the new managers, Irving Azoff and Andy Gould:

"Axl Rose and Guns N Roses is and will always be one of the most important recording and touring artists of our time, and one of the great rock n roll voices for his generation. We are honored that Axl has placed his trust in us."

Irving/Andy

That's good to read.

If anyone thinks that a manager of Irving Azoff's track record would agree to work with GN'R if he didn't think they would be successful, then they need to take a closer look at his resume.

Ali
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »

maybe this new mgmt team has the clout to kick axl in the ass when he needs it and won't just be telling him what he wants to hear  love love
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2008, 03:27:49 AM »

^Meh. I have a feeling he fires those types.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2008, 06:40:03 AM »

"Axl Rose and Guns N Roses is and will always be one of the most important recording and touring artists of our time, and one of the great rock n roll voices for his generation. We are honored that Axl has placed his trust in us."

Irving/Andy

That's good to read.

If anyone thinks that a manager of Irving Azoff's track record would agree to work with GN'R if he didn't think they would be successful, then they need to take a closer look at his resume.

Ali

Completely agree with you, Ali, and let's hope those (particularly in the media) still insisting that the album will never be released get this message too.  ok

"We are honoured that Axl has placed his trust in us."  My first thought to this was, "And so you should be!"    Grin

Second, more considered, thoughts, pointed out to me that in their first sentence, they had encapsulated precisely how I feel about Axl and Guns N' Roses and that if they genuinely believe this, then here are two people who are far more than just financial experts; they actually understand the essence of GNR.

Way back when Axl began rebuilding GNR some of us believed in his ability to do just that and trusted his judgement on the way forward.  Axl repaid our trust by assembling a band that exudes energy and feeds on the chemistry of the creative souls within it in order to produce music of outstanding quality and emotional resonance.  In touring and making this music public, Axl (GNR) trusted that there'd be elements of the old fanbase that would understand, appreciate his vision and enjoy being part of the ride again.  This time we were able to repay that trust and make the 06/07 tour the success it deserved to be.  It felt like our instincts were leading us on the right path and now it seems like another piece of the jigsaw has slotted into place.

However, as easily as the words 'trust' and 'belief' trip off the tongue, they cannot convey even an ounce of the emotional highs and lows of the past decade of GNR's history, nor can they account for why so many fans continue to support the band.  That's what the music is for and that's why I think we are all still here.

Is Axl "one of the great rock 'n' roll voices for his generation"?  Absolutely, without question.  And yet, his influence and appeal doesn't end there because during the tour I witnessed a younger generation discovering this band and embracing it with all the fervour and intensity of their older associates.

So, as long as Axl can keep the candle burning and the management team exercise both their business muscle and imagination, then the legend will continue to dazzle.*   Cheesy

(* Thanks to Elton/Bernie - and apologies for the sentimental use of their imagery.)

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Olorin
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

I guess that since they mentioned GN'R as a touring artist in a present tense these guys will have been put in place to organise an upcoming tour that will coincide with an upcoming release ok

W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2008, 08:58:22 AM »

Got a good feeling about this  ok

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2008, 09:39:26 AM »

I'm just happy they're communicating with us.  I'm tired of seeing updates on the main page about GNR members' pet projects doing stuff but not GNR itself.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2008, 10:24:28 AM »

Irving/Andy

That's good to read.

Ali

Completely agree with you, Ali, and let's hope those (particularly in the media) still insisting that the album will never be released get this message too.  ok

"We are honoured that Axl has placed his trust in us."  My first thought to this was, "And so you should be!"    Grin

Second, more considered, thoughts, pointed out to me that in their first sentence, they had encapsulated precisely how I feel about Axl and Guns N' Roses and that if they genuinely believe this, then here are two people who are far more than just financial experts; they actually understand the essence of GNR.

Way back when Axl began rebuilding GNR some of us believed in his ability to do just that and trusted his judgement on the way forward.  Axl repaid our trust by assembling a band that exudes energy and feeds on the chemistry of the creative souls within it in order to produce music of outstanding quality and emotional resonance.  In touring and making this music public, Axl (GNR) trusted that there'd be elements of the old fanbase that would understand, appreciate his vision and enjoy being part of the ride again.  This time we were able to repay that trust and make the 06/07 tour the success it deserved to be.  It felt like our instincts were leading us on the right path and now it seems like another piece of the jigsaw has slotted into place.

However, as easily as the words 'trust' and 'belief' trip off the tongue, they cannot convey even an ounce of the emotional highs and lows of the past decade of GNR's history, nor can they account for why so many fans continue to support the band.  That's what the music is for and that's why I think we are all still here.

Is Axl "one of the great rock 'n' roll voices for his generation"?  Absolutely, without question.  And yet, his influence and appeal doesn't end there because during the tour I witnessed a younger generation discovering this band and embracing it with all the fervour and intensity of their older associates.

So, as long as Axl can keep the candle burning and the management team exercise both their business muscle and imagination, then the legend will continue to dazzle.*   Cheesy

(* Thanks to Elton/Bernie - and apologies for the sentimental use of their imagery.)

Wow, let's not overazalyze a press release-it's all good news, to pick apart a press release stating they are happy to work with GNR is a bit much

libertad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »

^Meh. I have a feeling he fires those types.
Bah. I have a feeling you're under a misconception about him.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »

What/who is Dr Pepper? Huh

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »

Irving/Andy

Thankz J.

Irving/andy, managers of AXL & GNR... not Manager of Finck, Dizzy, Toomy, etc.

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »

Now I'm expecting another annoucement within the next week or so....someone needs to tell us what the plan is at least?!?!  Will they tour this year?  Is the album REALLY going to be released or just more excuses...lets see this thing come out!!
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »

I think they won?t say a word untill they are 100% sure that things are finally set and ready.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »

Now I'm expecting another annoucement within the next week or so....someone needs to tell us what the plan is at least?!?!  Will they tour this year?  Is the album REALLY going to be released or just more excuses...lets see this thing come out!!

haha.. havent we been asking those same questions for the last 10 years ??

good for GnR i bet everybody is ready to get back out on the road and im ready for a 08' tour

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

I believe it means they represent GN'R as a whole as well as Axl personally.

Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Chris, Richard, Ron and Frank are all part of GN'R.

My guess is that, for example things having to do with Dizzy's current tour, won't be handled by Irving Azoff and/or Andy Gould because it's not about GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »

I believe it means they represent GN'R as a whole as well as Axl personally.

Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Chris, Richard, Ron and Frank are all part of GN'R.

My guess is that, for example things having to do with Dizzy's current tour, won't be handled by Irving Azoff and/or Andy Gould because it's not about GN'R.

/jarmo

If, if ... So I wanted to say ...

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »

Wow, let's not overazalyze a press release-it's all good news, to pick apart a press release stating they are happy to work with GNR is a bit much

I do beg your pardon, I thought this was a discussion board.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »

I am very jealous of Azoff and Gould...think about it, they probably get to hear e v e r y  s o n g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lucky s.o.b.'s.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2008, 03:19:28 PM »

I am very jealous of Azoff and Gould...think about it, they probably get to hear e v e r y  s o n g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lucky s.o.b.'s.   yes
Hopefully we will be able to join them on that venture, soon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: