Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 247091 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

YAY HTGTH NFL experts that didn't give Arizona a chance just like all the other "experts" that are paid to do the same thing!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

who did u pick?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »

YAY HTGTH NFL experts that didn't give Arizona a chance just like all the other "experts" that are paid to do the same thing!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

who did u pick?

I didn't really pick anyone.  I just said (and you can go back earlier in the thread to find my post) that I wanted Arizona or Minnesota to win.  But it's not even about that.

No one here even gave Arizona a chance.  Totally disrespected that organization, week in and week out.  I didn't really care for that.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »

Well, the Cards are 7 point 'dogs in the Super Bowl...who's gonna make the 1st pick?

I'll go on record with the Steelers winning big.   (that said, with my terrible NFL pix this year, you best be betting Cardinals!  hihi)  

Oh Henry...I'm sure there were folks out there saying the Cards would win, apparently Terry Bradshaw picked the Cards.  They were only 3 1/2 point 'dogs against Philly, so trust me, millions of people bet on the Cards.  There wasn't any more disrespect for them than you'd see with any 3 1/2 point 'dogs.

Might I also add, I'd roll with the under in this game.  47 over/under. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2009, 07:27:10 PM »

TB only picked Arizona after they beat the Falcons and the Panthers.  He didn't even acknowledge them until yesterday.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

Well, the Cards are 7 point 'dogs in the Super Bowl...who's gonna make the 1st pick?

I'll go on record with the Steelers winning big.   (that said, with my terrible NFL pix this year, you best be betting Cardinals!  hihi)  

Oh Henry...I'm sure there were folks out there saying the Cards would win, apparently Terry Bradshaw picked the Cards.  They were only 3 1/2 point 'dogs against Philly, so trust me, millions of people bet on the Cards.  There wasn't any more disrespect for them than you'd see with any 3 1/2 point 'dogs.

Might I also add, I'd roll with the under in this game.  47 over/under. 

I'll pick 'em.  Of course, I'll be wrong.  But I don't mind.

Cards 27 - 23 Steelers

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2009, 07:32:29 PM »

Seriously, what was AZ showing you that the rest of the country was missing going into the Atlanta game?  Now, if you go back to my picks, I recommended betting AZ against the Falcons.  I also said AZ would cover (but not win) against Carolina.  Philly, I got it wrong.  That doesn't sound too much like I was dissing AZ.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #986 on: January 19, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

Hey....wait a minute! I picked the Cardinals before the season ever started!!  hihi Just kidding! I was so happy yesterday watching Arizona beat McNabb. One more to go now for the Superbowl by beating Pittsburgh. Let's go Cards!!! ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #987 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

who did u pick?

I didn't really pick anyone.  I just said (and you can go back earlier in the thread to find my post) that I wanted Arizona or Minnesota to win.  But it's not even about that.

No one here even gave Arizona a chance.  Totally disrespected that organization, week in and week out.  I didn't really care for that.

i didn't actually post a final score in here, but i predicted a cardinals win. in one of my posts before the game i said "i don't have a good feeling about this game," meaning that as a eagles fan i wasn't in any way convinced that they were gonna win. in fact, i was on a bus with 19 other people saturday night tailgating before the metallica concert arguing that very point.

nationally, i saw many people pick the cardinals. from what i saw it was fairly split among the "experts."

as for the super bowl, i gotta give it some thought but right now i'm thinking cards plus the 7. cards money line will be a nice bet. can't wait to see Brandon Lang's pick. he's got the perfect SB record on the line.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #988 on: January 19, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »

I think Chase Utley is one of the best players in baseball or will be...but your dead to me.  I'm going for the terrible towels by 8.  8 because i like the number?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #989 on: January 20, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »

Pittsburgh will win....big....Don't expect Larry Fitzgerald to be running all over the field catching bombs on Pittsburghs D.... a good Defense ALWAYS beats a good offense...why should that change this time around?.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #990 on: January 20, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »

Philly had a great D and lost. Pittsburgh also gave up over 300 yards passing to SD.

So Kurt Warner will be able to play well.

On the Arizona front. They limped into the playoffs, had no running game and not much of a Defense. So no one can blame anybody for not picking them.

Arizona remind me a bit of the Indianapolis Colt team that won the Super Bowl.

They had one of the worst run defenses, not much of a running game etc

but once the playoffs started, the D started shutting down everybody and they won the super bowl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #991 on: January 20, 2009, 02:13:35 AM »

Pittsburgh will win....big....Don't expect Larry Fitzgerald to be running all over the field catching bombs on Pittsburghs D.... a good Defense ALWAYS beats a good offense...why should that change this time around?.
Philly's D wasn't too shabby this year (#3 overall) and Arizona didn't have much trouble moving the ball.  Defense didn't beat the offense there.  Arizona is playing real well right now, which makes them dangerous.  Fitzgerald is great and I don't know if he can be shut down right now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #992 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

Philly had a great D and lost. Pittsburgh also gave up over 300 yards passing to SD.

So Kurt Warner will be able to play well.

On the Arizona front. They limped into the playoffs, had no running game and not much of a Defense. So no one can blame anybody for not picking them.

Arizona remind me a bit of the Indianapolis Colt team that won the Super Bowl.

They had one of the worst run defenses, not much of a running game etc

but once the playoffs started, the D started shutting down everybody and they won the super bowl.

I'd say the Pittsburg-San Diego passing numbers are skewed since Pittsburgh had such a big lead and were playing soft in the 4th Qtr

For Pittsburgh to stop Arizona, they have to hit Warner and Fitzgerald hard and often; as for AZ's new found running game, those 2-3 yard gains against the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles will turn in to 2-3 yard losses against the Steelers and they'll be pretty much one dimensional-as nobody ran against Pittsburgh this year.

If they can't get to Warner and contain Fitzgerald, it'll be a very close game.  If they do, 10 point win. 

And I'll bet anyone AZ will give Pittsburgh 2-3 trick plays hihi

Should be a good game.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #993 on: January 20, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »

If AZ can contain Pitts running game (which I think they can) and AZ can mix in just enough run to keep Pitt on their toes I think it will be a very close game with the potential to have AZ hop out to a 10-14 point lead... and if that happens I think Pitt may have a tough time keeping pace in a shoot out.

But as people have pointed out when it comes down to the big game... Defense almost always wins out: 00' Ravens, 01' Pats, 02' Bucs, 03 Pats, 04 Pats, 07' Giants...

I think close game... I'd like to see AZ
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #994 on: January 20, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »

Please guys, don't pick AZ.

I want them to win.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #995 on: January 20, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

Please guys, don't pick AZ.

I want them to win.

Great post!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #996 on: January 20, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

But as people have pointed out when it comes down to the big game... Defense almost always wins out: 00' Ravens, 01' Pats, 02' Bucs, 03 Pats, 04 Pats, 07' Giants...

dont forget the 05 Steelers in that...Pittsburghs offense played like SHIT in that game....especially Big Ben , but they still won because they had Seattles offense on lockdown...

its like Ray Lewis said about the Giants before the 2000 Super Bowl when asked who is going to win..."if you dont score, you dont win...they arent going to score on us,"  and he was right...the giants offense never scored in that game...or ever came close to scoring for that matter...i think they crossed the 50 once...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:18:19 PM by Bodhi » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #997 on: January 20, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »

dont forget the 05 Steelers in that...Pittsburghs offense played like SHIT in that game....especially Big Ben , but they still won because they had Seattles offense on lockdown...

its like Ray Lewis said about the Giants before the 2000 Super Bowl when asked who is going to win..."if you dont score, you dont win...they arent going to score on us,"  and he was right...the giants offense never scored in that game...or ever came close to scoring for that matter...i think they crossed the 50 once...

And '06 Indy's playoff offense was MUCH better than during the regular season, with the return of Bob Sanders. 

Fourteen combined points in the WC and Divisional rounds.  Seventeen in the Super Bowl (seven of which came from a special teams touchdown).  NE scored a lot in the AFC Championship, but the other three games were locked down by Sanders and Co.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #998 on: January 21, 2009, 02:50:48 AM »

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #999 on: January 21, 2009, 04:53:31 AM »

That's not funny.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56 Go Up Print