Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 247092 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #960 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »

Sandman, I think Gilee's post was pretty damn good...

it's just without fail time in and time out, you pin the blame on #5 when they do lose, that's all. 

overall, this was a total team loss. the cardinals were the better team today in every phase of the game. they were better at every position.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #961 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »

btw Drew, yeah, I hope Donovan becomes a Viking next season...but he won't.  He'll be back in Philly.  Oh well.

I'm sure you watched the game and noticed our receivers are not in the same league as Fitz and Boldin, correct?  Curtis and Jackson are #2 receivers...it's frustrating as hell.  Could Carolina afford McNabb and dump Delhomme?  Just wondering.

Oh please no McNabb in Carolina! Minnesota is fine, Chicago would be even better! I hope he is gone from Philadelphia though cause I'd really like to start rooting for the Eagles again.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #962 on: January 19, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »

btw Drew, yeah, I hope Donovan becomes a Viking next season...but he won't.  He'll be back in Philly.  Oh well.

I'm sure you watched the game and noticed our receivers are not in the same league as Fitz and Boldin, correct?  Curtis and Jackson are #2 receivers...it's frustrating as hell.  Could Carolina afford McNabb and dump Delhomme?  Just wondering.

Oh please no McNabb in Carolina! Minnesota is fine, Chicago would be even better! I hope he is gone from Philadelphia though cause I'd really like to start rooting for the Eagles again.

I'm not quite so pro-McNabb as Axl4Prez, but putting him in Chicago would do a lot for that team. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #963 on: January 19, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »

I'm not quite so pro-McNabb as Axl4Prez, but putting him in Chicago would do a lot for that team. 

Yeah, Chicago or Minn. could really use him.  I was thinking Carolina because they actually have a legit #1 wr, and I'd love to see Donovan have a real weapon.  Delhomme is awful...plus, if I'm not mistaken, he's due for bigger money if they keep him.  (Chicago doesn't seem to have any wideout weapons...but then again, how would we know with the backup qb's they masquerade as starters...same goes for my Vikes)

Sandman...I'm not gonna re-post all the anti-Donovan posts of yours.  I'm too tired.  I wish your Eagles well next season if Donovan is still quarterback...if not, I can't wait to watch them go 5-11 under Kevin Kolb.  It will give me great satisfaction to see the franchise fall apart without Donovan there...however, that said, I think Eagles' management will do the smart thing.  They know they're gonna lose some big-name guys who are in their final year of their deals...they'll keep Donovan and Reid...then they'll watch the ship sink as the Eagles miss the playoffs.  Management knows the anti-McNabb sentiment is present in Philly, but the soap opera is good for interest in the games (merchandise money is generated)  Then, after the 2010 season, they can do the overhaul, coach and quarterback gone, make it look nice but that way they've got fall-guys. 

I do agree with the earlier post about Kurt Warner's HOF credentials...if he wins this SB, he'd have to be in there.  It's interesting though...Holt and Bruce made Bulger look like he had HOF potential for a while...now Warner's out there with Fitz and Boldin.  If Jesus really was responsible for him having stud receivers everywhere, I can see why he's thanking him all the time!  It makes ya wonder...without Rice, would Montana have 4 rings?  Probably not.  That's why Brady's my all-time #1.

Yes D, Elway is better than McNabb.  No question.  The similarity they share is the lack of talent at wideout. 

Might I add, Mike Tomlin is one cool mofo.  I like his style.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #964 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »

Might I add, Mike Tomlin is one cool mofo.  I like his style.

I don't know much about the guy but he seems decent. I just don't like Ben Roethlisberger.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #965 on: January 19, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »

So, one myth busted.  See how easy that is?  Yes, Elway had an excellent defense.  Now, how do you explain away McNabb's superior play in the 4th quarter?

4th Quarter Performance!!!!

Elway '91-'98:      38td's, 27 int's   (situational stats not available before '91)
McNabb '01-'08:   44td's, 17 int's

Elway '91-'98:       58.2%  completion %.  
McNabb '01-'08:    59.1 % completion %.

Elway '91-'98:       81.9  passer rating
McNabb '01-'08:    87.9  passer rating

Remember, facts.  Intangibles should provide tangible results.  The above isn't subjective.  Those are the facts.  McNabb is a future Hall of Fame quarterback.  I know a lot of folks don't like the guy's personality, but he's a winner.                          

D, did you read what you wrote??

"I was talking more about the D's in Elways first 9 years.

They definitely had a superb team in his final 3 all around.

McNabb is a great QB but with any pro sport, it is about Championships. Elway has 2, he has 0. So until he can win one, there just isn't a discussion."

D, you're smarter than that.  Without a defense he had zero championships and many chokes!  Come on!

Then you bring up Aikman and guess what, neither you nor I have his #'s.  How was he in the clutch? 

Then you brought up Feeley...wasn't he 1-3 in his last stint?  Gimme a fucking break.

btw, How did Cassel do in the playoffs this year?  Oh yeah, that's right, he wasn't in them. 

Fouts, Marino, Kelly, Moon...no championships...and McNabb's better than at least half of those quarterbacks.

D, if McNabb is such a choker, why are his 4th quarter numbers so impressive?  Why are his 4th quarter #'s so good in tight games at the end?  We had a similar discussion in the 2007 NFL thread where you tried saying Vince Young was a better clutch qb than McNabb...and I did the same thing, exhaustively compiling situational stats that showed Young was HORRENDOUS in tight games at the end, where McNabb was actually BETTER than his already gaudy stats quarters 1-4.

McNabb and the Eagles are going to thump the Cards...and you still won't give McNabb his due.

what happened to the thumping?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #966 on: January 19, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

D!  Stop logging in as Freedom trying to change the subject!  hihi

...besides, everybody knows Norwood could give a crap about the NFC East.  He was trying to sabotage Jim Kelly's HOF aspirations, everybody knows that! 

My questions are still begging to be answered.  Namath, Fouts, Kelly, Moon.  Puh-lease!

I can't wait until Philly pounds the hell out of AZ.  The Steelers game will be amazing...it's all going to be so much fun!  Culminating in Mr. and Mrs. Axl4Prez's annual Super Bowl Pizza feast celebration!  I can't wait!  Eagles-Steelers. 
Go Donovan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers-Cardinals will be a great game hihi The guy who got the job against the guys who were the favorites for the job.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #967 on: January 19, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »

Sandman...I'm not gonna re-post all the anti-Donovan posts of yours.  I'm too tired. 

you and gilee accused me of something that wasn't true. just fuckin admit it. i never denied that i point out negative shit about mcnabb, of which there is plenty. but i also pointed out that he had great playoff games this year, even if the stats do not show it.

as for his contract, rumor is that he will not honor the remaining two years left. he could force the eagles to trade him if he wants out. if he wants to be here, i believe the eagles will pay him fairly and give him a new 3-5 year contract. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #968 on: January 19, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

as for his contract, rumor is that he will not honor the remaining two years left. he could force the eagles to trade him if he wants out. if he wants to be here, i believe the eagles will pay him fairly and give him a new 3-5 year contract. 

One would hope though that after all of McNabb's failed attempts at winning a Super Bowl, the Eagles head office would decide it's time for a change.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #969 on: January 19, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »

Sandman...I'm not gonna re-post all the anti-Donovan posts of yours.  I'm too tired. 

you and gilee accused me of something that wasn't true. just fuckin admit it.

I apologize.  I still think you're too hard on mcNabb...but I think I got a bit defensive in anticipation.  peace  I did like that post you re-posted from yesterday.

i never denied that i point out negative shit about mcnabb, of which there is plenty. but i also pointed out that he had great playoff games this year, even if the stats do not show it.

agreed.

as for his contract, rumor is that he will not honor the remaining two years left.

I certainly hope not.  It's would be like a battered wife going back to the goon.

he could force the eagles to trade him if he wants out. if he wants to be here, i believe the eagles will pay him fairly and give him a new 3-5 year contract. 

Wow, if he returned to Philly I'd be disappointed...but yeah, I could see it happening that way.

Classicgunsfan...Ha!  Like I posted later, I forgot to mention he'd thump them in the 2nd half!   hihi  What can I say...hell, the Eagles got lucky it wasn't 28 points at the half for the Cards, I think the officials fucked up that abriamani (sp.?) special teams f-up.  That should have been Cards ball too.  

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #970 on: January 19, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »

I felt if McNabb won the superbowl this year he would've become a legend in Philly and been as beloved as Favre was in Green Bay, considering the Eagles have never won a Superbowl. He'd get a new contract and Kolb would be traded.

But, now that he lost, I worry about his future in Philly. I'm confident he'll be back next season, but, if the Eagles even fail to get to the Superbowl next year, they might be like, "well, you've had plenty of opportunities, time to move in a different direction."

I see a lot of Eagles fan make comments about Reid and McNabb and how they're good but not good enough, so it's time to "rebuild." Get somebody new in there. Personally, I don't understand that. Reid and McNabb win a hell of a lot of games together. Almost ever year they're knocking on the door of the Superbowl. Instead of giving up on them and starting all over, how 'bout sticking with them? Logic says that eventually things have to break their way and they get that ever-elusive Lombardi trophy.

Good QBs are too hard to find in this league. When you've got one, you need to keep him. 3/4ths of the teams in the league would jump at the chance to have McNabb.

Same thing with good coaches. Do you realize that they're are only two head coaches in the NFL right now with Superbowl rings? Bellichek and Coughlin. Everyone else has retired.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #971 on: January 19, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »

I do blame the Eagles D and David Akers was horendous. If he hits that PAT, Eagles don't have to go for 2 and would've led 27-24 which allows u to play an entirely different Defense cause then u can play to give up the FG and not have to overdue the D to try and stop everything.

That being said

McNabb had the ball with 2:53 and couldn't get the score.

That is what separates the legends from the very good.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #972 on: January 19, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »

McNabb had the ball with 2:53 and couldn't get the score.

That is what separates the legends from the very good.

I agree. And I thought he was going to do it. After the 3 straight TDs, and then McNabb gets the ball back with plenty of time to drive down the field and get a TD, I was like alright, McNabb, time to become a legend. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Who are the big time FA WRs that will be avilable this year? I know Houshmandzadeh will, although I always thought he benifited most from playing opposite Chad Johnson. Braylon Edwards will probably be available, but damn, he had more drops this year than the entire Eagles roster. Anquan Boldin never did get that new contract did he? Plus he was bitching a lot on the sidelines yesterday. He'll always be number two behind Fitz, so he might as well come and be the Eagles' number one.

After the Eagles beat the Giants, Brandon Jacobs was heaping tons of praise on the Eagles, and I thought then, "Well, you're going to be a FA, buddy, come sign with us!!!!" Man, how awesome would that be? Westbrook with his quickness and agility, and Jacobs with his "pick-up truck" running style. It won't happen, but it's fun fantasizing about.

Even with the losses they'll have, this Eagles team has a chance to improve and become even better next season. They're defense is relatively young. Only Dawkins is the question mark, and personally I think he'll be back. They still need to draft his replacement, though, because I don't know how much he's got left.

If you take into consideration that Westbrook had about 18 different injuries this season, and was only a shall of his self during the last several games, the Eagles did awesome. The current group of WRs is much better than the Thrash, Pinkston, Mitchell fiasco of a few years ago. But I still think the Eagles need a number one guy. Just look at the wonders Randy Moss being on the field has done for Wes Welker.

What would make me happiest as an Eagles fan would be to trade Kolb to a team in dire need of a QB. That way, McNabb doesn't have to deal with all the questions about his future. Besides, didn't they draft him because McNabb supposedly couldn't stay healthy? Well, he has for two seasons in a row now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:19:37 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #973 on: January 19, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »

I still think Randy Moss is the best reciever in football, but Larry Fitzgerald is so fuckin close.

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #974 on: January 19, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

nah, Moss is probably down to third right now

Id go

1.Fitzgerald
2.Andre Johnson
3. Moss

I blame these losses on the Philly front office as well. They are cheap bastards that have millions and millions of cap space every year.

philly need an everydown power back and they have to get mcnabb a WR.  Boldin actually didn't take part in the celebration yesterday which is ridiculous.

So try and get Boldin and bring in a power back who can move the chains.

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #975 on: January 19, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »

I still think randys 1 because this season he had a quarterback who hadnt started a game since high school. If he had brady he would have had a much better year. That catch he made against the jets to force overtime was unfucking believable. He also makes welker unstobable in the middle of the field. He is one of the fastest son of bitches ive every seen Last Year as a giant fan i was petrified about the last minute in the super bowl because he basically beat our dbacks deep twice when brady was throwing those bombs to try and comeback in the super bowl.

I love Fitzgerald and he probably has better hands by a little, but i think randy is a freak. peace

Andre Johnson had a great year but i would put him number 2 yet

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #976 on: January 19, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »

I still think randys 1 because this season he had a quarterback who hadnt started a game since high school. If he had brady he would have had a much better year. That catch he made against the jets to force overtime was unfucking believable. He also makes welker unstobable in the middle of the field. He is one of the fastest son of bitches ive every seen Last Year as a giant fan i was petrified about the last minute in the super bowl because he basically beat our dbacks deep twice when brady was throwing those bombs to try and comeback in the super bowl.

I love Fitzgerald and he probably has better hands by a little, but i think randy is a freak. peace

I'd have to go 1 Moss  2 Fitgerald  3 Johnson.........Calvin Johnson!  Come on now, with Dan Orlovsky and Fat Albert himself, oops, I mean Daunte Culpepper, throwing him balls he still had a monster year.
Andre Johnson is still awesome, a truly dominant #1 wr...so I guess I'd put Johnson & Johnson really close.

The only prob with Boldin to Philly would be 1:  the Eagles traditionally don't spend money freely on the wr position.  and 2:  the way Boldin acted yesterday is reminiscent of another wr who played in Philly a few years back...what was his name again?  Oh yeah, as Axl says in IRS, "some things didn't work so well..."   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #977 on: January 19, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »

I'd have to go 1 Moss  2 Fitgerald  3 Johnson.........Calvin Johnson!  Come on now, with Dan Orlovsky and Fat Albert himself, oops, I mean Daunte Culpepper, throwing him balls he still had a monster year.
Andre Johnson is still awesome, a truly dominant #1 wr...so I guess I'd put Johnson & Johnson really close.

The only prob with Boldin to Philly would be 1:  the Eagles traditionally don't spend money freely on the wr position.  and 2:  the way Boldin acted yesterday is reminiscent of another wr who played in Philly a few years back...what was his name again?  Oh yeah, as Axl says in IRS, "some things didn't work so well..."   hihi

He even wears number 81! what is it with that number?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #978 on: January 19, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »

He even wears number 81! what is it with that number?

I'm pretty sure it's both their I.Q.s... hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #979 on: January 19, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »

YAY HTGTH NFL experts that didn't give Arizona a chance just like all the other "experts" that are paid to do the same thing!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: