Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  'Stuck Inside' written by Axl???
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Stuck Inside' written by Axl???  (Read 7251 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« on: February 19, 2008, 06:03:59 AM »

I noticed the other day while reading the liner notes for Angel Down that Stuck Inside is credited to only W. Axl Rose and some other dude. Not Bach at all. I'm guessing/thinking Axl must have brought this song in and basically gave it to Baz to use for his album.

Possibly a throw-away tune that Axl never planned on using on his own album(s).  Lips Sealed

Anybody else notice this or have any info on whether this is true or perhaps I'm just misinformed??  Undecided
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 06:23:52 AM »

Hey,

I believe Baz showed Axl the song in the studio and Axl started singing a melody line over what he was hearing.  Hence the song writing credit.  I don't think Axl wrote the basic structure of the song, only added his own parts.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »

I wouldn't doubt if it was, I haven't sat down with the linear notes. It has been by far my favorite song on the album since I got it. If it is I think it's awsome. Funny Baz didn't mention it, he seems to mention every other thing.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:37:52 AM »

axl only wrote his own part, baz performed this song live long before there were even talks of axl singing on his record ok
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 06:59:49 AM »

Axl only did some "signature/songwriting screams" ahah

i guess sebastian is the only one who'd actually give credits for that type of contribution to a song

Chinese Democracy!
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »

Who wrote the line:

"Now you'll see I just need one more special thing"...

Johnny Chromatic?

War is over, if you want it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:11:04 AM »

no he didn't only do some screamin'.. Axl wrote and sang these 2 lines and wrote them too since baz wasn't singing them when he sang it live..

I know your feelings changed

Peeling the layers of emotion away

he also added the screams and background vocals ok
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:12:52 AM »

Can anyone else hear piano in the mix?

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:30 AM »

no he didn't only do some screamin'.. Axl wrote and sang these 2 lines and wrote them too since baz wasn't singing them when he sang it live..

I know your feelings changed

Peeling the layers of emotion away

he also added the screams and background vocals ok

lol. i only said that because Sebastian said recently he co-wrote the majority of the Skid Row Songs, even though they were already done when he got in the band because he added his Signature Screams... like in 18 and life... he wanted credit for screams. cuz i guess he's a scream writer ahah

Chinese Democracy!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:33:59 AM »

lol. i only said that because Sebastian said recently he co-wrote the majority of the Skid Row Songs, even though they were already done when he got in the band because he added his Signature Screams... like in 18 and life... he wanted credit for screams. cuz i guess he's a scream writer ahah

this is the GNR section on a GNR message board though.. find yourself a way to the skid row thread in bad obsession if you wanna talk about  skid row Smiley
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »

this is the GNR section on a GNR message board though.. find yourself a way to the skid row thread in bad obsession if you wanna talk about  skid row Smiley

oh really? thanks for the news flash captain obvious, but in case you weren't paying that much attention, we were talking about Sebastian Bach's Album, and his comments were made recently in a promotion to his NEW cd. i guess a trained monkey could easily understand the line of thought of my post.

so find yourself something useful to do and avoid posting something before you comprehend what's actually being discussed in the first place   beer

Chinese Democracy!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »

oh really? thanks for the news flash captain obvious, but in case you weren't paying that much attention, we were talking about Sebastian Bach's Album, and his comments were made recently in a promotion to his NEW cd. i guess a trained monkey could easily understand the line of thought of my post.

so find yourself something useful to do and avoid posting something before you comprehend what's actually being discussed in the first place   beer

no sir, we were talking about how axl contributed to the song "stuck inside"  ok
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »

and the song is in Sebastian's Bach's New Album... wow, didn't this just sound redundant?!?!

give it a rest will ya?

i'm sure sure u can find better things to spend your time with than wasting it with pointless conversations. besides this is just distracting to the main thread. so i'm gonna go on with my life, and i hope you can do the same  love

Chinese Democracy!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:58 AM »

and the song is in Sebastian's Bach's New Album... wow, didn't this just sound redundant?!?!

give it a rest will ya?

i'm sure sure u can find better things to spend your time with than wasting it with pointless conversations. besides this is just distracting to the main thread. so i'm gonna go on with my life, and i hope you can do the same  love

MeanBone has a point, and so does cheapjules imo
but at the end of the day, its something to talk about, and having something to talk about keeps the forum alive, and it helps if its soemthing related
to Guns N Roses
and in todays world, Sebastian Bach is as important to Gnr as Beta/Del etc.
He gives us news, keeps axl happy and so forth...

bot (back on topic)

Im pretty sure axl just added a few tidbits from the song,
btw, I know what Im about to say just sounds like its dribble and dated, but does anyone actually think that
Eddie Trunk interview in 06 was as SPUR of the moment as we are led to believe.
I mean, that year Baz opened for axl, and the following year axl is on baz's cd, and baz is the spokesperson for gnr (unofficially)
And they become best of mates, and neither Baz Nor Axl were seen/spoken about being together before the interview,
as if the interview was a launch pad for baz and axl duo,
anyways sorry if its offtopic, Its just I wouldnt want to start a thread about this... seeing as it might get moved/whatever

cheerz

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 06:58:04 AM »

And they become best of mates, anyways sorry if its offtopic, Its just I wouldnt want to start a thread about this... seeing as it might get moved/whatever

cheerz

Huh What the hell are you talking about?

Sebastian and Axl go waaaaaaaayyyyyy back.  yes Childhood mates....  yes

Bach's Polish.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:05:15 AM by Angel Down » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:14:28 AM »

what I meant was

Why Didnt baz and axl "reunite" so to speak in 01/02

anyways, just an observation...
nothing is ever what it seems

sorry people, just having a chin wag,
bak on topic

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »

And they become best of mates, anyways sorry if its offtopic, Its just I wouldnt want to start a thread about this... seeing as it might get moved/whatever

cheerz

Huh What the hell are you talking about?

Sebastian and Axl go waaaaaaaayyyyyy back.  yes Childhood mates....  yes

Bach's Polish.

They didn't know each other 'till they were in their twenties. And seriously, STFU 'bout polish this n' that.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »

IF you can post where you got that information from, that would be interesting to read.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »

Well, post where ya heard they were childhood friends.

It's kinda easy to figure out - Axl's from Indiana, Baz was born in the Bahamas and raised in Ontario, Canada. And Axl is also six years older then Baz.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »

the song was written by johnny chromatic
axl only wrote the lines he sings

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »