Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 38346 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2008, 03:40:47 AM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?  I don't see how the two are related.  I've seen them 5 times and whether or not the album was out didn't ruin anything for me.   This is a kickass band and anytime I have a chance to see them, I will.   Album or not.   People put everything on this record and I think we all need to just chill on that idea and let it happen when it happens.   Something is obviously holding it up, and we don't know the details of whats going on, but if the possibility of seeing the band live comes?  GO SEE THEM!

Most of us did in 01/02/ 06, and 07.

Do you think the band can continue to exist in its present form without an album? is the point to tour or to produce albums and tour? The current lineup's very existence depends on the release of Chinese Democracy, not to mention its success or failure. Another tour without an announcement is worrisome, to say the least.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2008, 03:47:37 AM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?  I don't see how the two are related.  I've seen them 5 times and whether or not the album was out didn't ruin anything for me.   This is a kickass band and anytime I have a chance to see them, I will.   Album or not.   People put everything on this record and I think we all need to just chill on that idea and let it happen when it happens.   Something is obviously holding it up, and we don't know the details of whats going on, but if the possibility of seeing the band live comes?  GO SEE THEM!

Most of us did in 01/02/ 06, and 07.

Do you think the band can continue to exist in its present form without an album? is the point to tour or to produce albums and tour? The current lineup's very existence depends on the release of Chinese Democracy, not to mention its success or failure. Another tour without an announcement is worrisome, to say the least.

nah, you're taking the whole album thing too seriously.  any chance to see GnR is a good thing, album or not.
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2008, 03:49:32 AM »

SERIOUSLY JARMO AND CO:

I DID NOT CLICK ON THIS TOPIC TO READ & PAGES OF BITCHING FROM YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BETTER STOP OR THIS FORUM IS GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL. IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! YOU RUIN MANY THREADS A WEEK!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »

SERIOUSLY JARMO AND CO:

I DID NOT CLICK ON THIS TOPIC TO READ & PAGES OF BITCHING FROM YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BETTER STOP OR THIS FORUM IS GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL. IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! YOU RUIN MANY THREADS A WEEK!

Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2008, 05:06:50 AM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?  I don't see how the two are related.

Exactly.  I've said multiple times since 06 that I would choose a tour over CD.  The band is fucking amazing live, and it's an extremely unique experience to be at one of their concerts - I've never been able to recreate it. 

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2008, 05:14:09 AM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?  I don't see how the two are related.

Exactly.  I've said multiple times since 06 that I would choose a tour over CD.  The band is fucking amazing live, and it's an extremely unique experience to be at one of their concerts - I've never been able to recreate it. 

and i dont get how someone can claim to be a fan of these guys yet insist that they shouldn't tour unless they have an album.   fuck that!   GnR doesn't have to follow anyone's rules.. they put on a mind-blowing show and its an incredible experience and I wouldn't trade any of the shows I was at for an album.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »

so, any other sign on an announcement, tour?? anything.. or do we only have the two sources from CD.com?

("This thread better  go back on track.")

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2008, 07:32:12 AM »

[

and i dont get how someone can claim to be a fan of these guys yet insist that they shouldn't tour unless they have an album.   fuck that!   GnR doesn't have to follow anyone's rules.. they put on a mind-blowing show and its an incredible experience and I wouldn't trade any of the shows I was at for an album.

I couldn't agree more and even though this is just a rumour at present, the mere possibility that they might be touring in 08 is enough to dispel my Monday morning blues.  I didn't get to any of the shows in 07 and, after hearing the reports of those who attended the Japanese shows, I was kicking myself for not making the effort.  With or without an album, there's no way I'm making that mistake again!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

tru, maybe I should use more "insert word here" and icons? You act as if you speak in "eloquent" terms. There are people on here who truly speak in eloquent terms. You and me arent in that category.

Maybe you should think about what you're doing a bit more before throwing around insults?

Last time you didn't think before posting you ended up banned and were begging me to let you back in.

I won't make that mistake again.

it only becomes more of a discussion when you add your 2 cents in it. If you dont agree with something you dont always have to tell us why its not right. Or what is really going on. You know you can take a step back and let others who have a diff opinion than you discuss it.

You'd love that wouldn't you?

To have a discussion about nothing where you can present your "facts".

It's apparent to most here that your idea of a discussion is you repeating the same whiny shit that you've posted for years WITHOUT considering the possible reasons or offering ANY kind of solutions.

I've yet to see you offer any kind of solution to any of the issues in this thread.

I asked you what you were gonna do about the fact that you sound like a broken record and you basically said you were gonna keep doing it.

so why do you take it as an insult when I tell you no1 can argue with you becuase Axl has done no wrong in your eyes?

What? No, I don't care what you think.

You have an answer/excuse for everything this band does.

Should I apologize because I don't get off on dwelling about things I know nothing about and because I know everything is done for a reason?

A mistake is something everybody makes at one point. But most of us don't do them on purpose.

Its funny how you can tell me I act/sound like a child. Yet you are an adult who has a website of a band and declares that Axl ROse has not done one thing wrong over the past decade.

Why is that funny?

It's an "adult" thing to just point out mistakes even when you know why they happened?

I guess to you it is. I mean, you're the one who keeps repeating the same shit WITHOUT taking any kind of possible reasons into account.

I'm sorry that I'm not like you and dwell on mistakes.

It's only impossible for people like you. Because you like to skip that second step in a discussion. Where the other side presents their opinion and answers to your post. You refuse to make any kind of note of that. It's pretty one sided.....

If you did, you wouldn't be here claiming "everything is like before" and stuff like that. And maybe you wouldn't have to turn to insults every time either.

Several others have managed to get thir points across in this thread without insults, but not you. For you it's always personal.

So think a bit about what you're doing, because the only thing this is gonna lead to is that, sooner or later, you'll be begging me to let you back in here and I won't make that mistake again.

As I said, one doesn't exclude the other.

But maybe you'd rather have them sit at home....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:58:49 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »

Wow...  is all I can think of to say.   Shocked
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

My thoughts exactly.
CD or not, it's worth to go and see the band whenever it's possible. The best live act I've ever seen. If I could handle it, I'd follow them whenever they're on  tour.  yes Lord, I wanna either  get a pay rise/be as rich as that Hilton girl/ get a grip on a wealthy man!  hihi
 Seriously, it may seem silly (to some people) to tour without an album, but I don't think I was ripped off when I paid for those tickets. I don't have any regret and I would still pay for tix even if CD is not released in 10 years' time.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

Poland??? Seriously....Poland???

I don't know what's fuckin' going on!!!! They forgot Argentina, Brasil, Chile, They forgot one of the most exciting crowd that ever played in front to...

Is unfair...UNFAIR.

Like a proverb in my country: "God gives food to the toothless"

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »

if they play the new album it will be really great.
if it's just the same playlist, i don't get the point to do a tour now.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

I don't know what's fuckin' going on!!!! They forgot Argentina, Brasil, Chile, They forgot one of the most exciting crowd that ever played in front to...

Is unfair...UNFAIR.

There is a rumor about GNR playing here in Brazil sometime on 2nd half of the this year. Smiley

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

Is unfair...UNFAIR.

There is a rumor about GNR playing here in Brazil sometime on 2nd half of the this year. Smiley
if i'm not wrong, it's gonna happen after chinese democracy's release. hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »

Hey Younggunner, I'll be nice to you.

I'm offering a simple solution to your problem with me responding to your repeated "discussions".

Take a break.

Just stop posting until things change. Ok?

I think it's a simple yet effective solution. You won't have to read my replies to your "discussions" and you certainly won't have to get yourself banned for insulting me again (because you make everything personal against me).

Since you keep going on and on about the same shit, and you know for a fact that I'll be there replying because I think you're just taking the easy way, take a break until you have something to add. Until things change to the point where you have something new to say.

Ask your friend what happens when you keep pushing the "you think you're in the band, you're not a spokesperson for the band, you're a groupie" thing too far.

Several people in this thread have managed to get their points across disagreeing with me, yet they don't seem to resort to insults like you and your friend. So the whole idea that I ban people who disagree that you two have come up with, is bullshit. Just like the idea that I think I'm a band spokesperson, that you two seem to repeat as well.

So, logout, take a break and we'll see you when you have something new to say.  ok

if it's just the same playlist, i don't get the point to do a tour now.

For fun? For the fans at the shows?

I'm not saying they will, I'm saying I don't see why it would suck if they did.

I just don't see it.

Think about it.

The album's done, they'd go play in South America (or somewhere else), release the album and play the rest of the planet. Why would that suck?  Huh

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:16:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »

If they did some new Euro shows with the same/similar setlist as last time, then I'd personally still go.  I can understand more casual fans that saw them in 2006/2007 staying away though, there wouldn't be so much incentive for them to attend.  I guess it's the law of diminishing returns from that perspective

That said, if I thought there would be significant differences between shows on the same tour, I'd be more inclined to attend multiple nights instead of just attending once  ok
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »

Why the whining?
A tour is always awesome!!

The ony thing I want when going to see them again is that they put at least something 'new' into it, so you don't see the same show like the last time you saw them.
I'm talking about setlist... new songs (or old ones, but not played during another tour >> eg Civil War!) ....new special effects (if applicable).

Why do I want a setlist update: because otherwise it becomes to predictable and for me that's boring.... if you like that fine, I don't!  peace
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:38:01 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »

If they did some new Euro shows with the same/similar setlist as last time, then I'd personally still go.  I can understand more casual fans that saw them in 2006/2007 staying away though, there wouldn't be so much incentive for them to attend.  I guess it's the law of diminishing returns from that perspective

I think the band is aware. They didn't play Europe, USA or Canada in 2007.

Why the whining?
A tour is always awesome!!

The ony thing I want when going to see them again is that they put at least something 'new' into it, so you don't see the same show like the last time you saw them.
I'm talking about setlist... new songs (or old ones, but not played during another tour >> eg Civil War!) ....new special effects (if applicable).

Some are already upset/worrying that GN'R might play "the same set list" in a far away country for fans who never saw them.

/jarmo

Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »

To be honest, I'd take "same setlist" tour over "no tour" every day of the week  hihi  I'm sure the camp aren't daft though, as you say playing other shores that they haven't visited would be a good call as their international appeal is significant.

I can't get my head around the opinion of those that would prefer nothing at all though Huh Huh Huh
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: