Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77741 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

What I'm calling BS is that we still haven't got CD , it's kinda of upsetting.

And yet you can't say you know why....

You can speculate and point fingers until your head is about to explode, but you're still not any wiser about the situation.

I bet that at least 99.99% of the posters here want to hear the new material.

But unlike you who gets upset, some of us understand the reality. It's not worth getting upset over something we can't really do much about.

We can support the band, and believe that as soon as everything is sorted, the album will be out.

What are you doing?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »

^^ he's posting his BS  Grin
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

What I don't understand is why people come here to complain?  How is bitching and whining on a message board going to make the album come out any faster?  It's not like Jarmo is holding onto the album until he decides to unleash it.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:27 PM »

Ah, that pesky criteria of what makes a real fan rears its head again:

You can be a "real fan" all you want.

I don't need to be surrounded by people who take any chance they can to stab the band they "support" in the back.

When have I stabbed them in the back? Show me the post.

I don't know how, since none of you ever answered, it helps your lives to constantly whine about this.....

"Release the album, release the album, why isn't there a new album? I want a new album! They should just release it! I want to hear new music! Why don't they just release the album?" etc etc.

Um, because that's what fans do. When they get excited about their favorite band releasing a new album, yeah, they get emotional. They wouldn't be, dare I say, real fans otherwise. And a lot of that "whining" is actually legit questions that none of you can answer, except with the typical "stop whining" from the overly sensitive/defensive crowd ..... Which when you think about it, is whining in itself. Ironic...

Are you one of those special "objective" fans who like to point out how much is wrong with GN'R when in fact none of us know the full story?

Well gee, if we go by that no one could talk about anything related to GNR, since none of us have been there every step of the way with the band since its conception.

And if I feel something is wrong, I'll voice it. The only way it gets out of hand is when people blindly defend the band, who are just as full of shit as the bashers. If a concert is canceled, there's no reason given, I have just as much right to ask the question if it were something the band did, just as you have the right to make up a defense for the band in a situation you know nothing about either. But no one is supposed to take it personal, man.

And maybe because that's all we can do for the most part is talk about things we don't know the full story on, because for majority of the time, that's all there is to talk about. Sometimes we take small slices of info and speculate about it and analyze it, because that's all there is to do. We all do that to an extent. It's harmless.

You and me are both outsiders here, who will never know the full story on anything, because we're not a part of the band.  It all comes down to how you see a situation.

Don't you have anything better to spend your time on instead of coming to a fan site and remind us of how much it sucks to be a GN'R fan?

Dude, I'm hardly ever here. I come here because there are people I like, and interesting perspectves, including yours, that I like to debate. And I've never said it sucks to be a GNR fan. N-E-V-E-R. I have said its frustrating, especially when you know there is so much great music that you're not hearing. It is frustrating being a fan, sometimes. And its okay to say that. But I'm sure it will be well rewarded in the end.  Cool

Another thing, and more important, I never attack people, or make it personal. And I never question someones loyalty to their favorite band, as if I'm the end-all-be-all authority on the band. We're all fans here, save a few attention seekers who hate the new line up.

Maybe it sucks for you, maybe it doesn't for some of us. Did you ever think about that?

Why do you feel the need to try to bring everybody else down to your level?

It doesn't suck for me at all. Maybe because I'm not chasing after people and berrating them if they don't see things the way I do. I'm sure that does suck, though.

It's not my fault that your life seems somewhat empty since you have to spend time whining about shit you have no control over? Wanna whine about the weather where you are too?

Oh jeeze... Here's a question...

Have you ever been frustrated by something/someone you love? Ever seen faults in them? Ever fight with them? Ever "complain" about something? Did it make you care for them less? Did it make you a horrible person for doing so? The things we care about will always bring out the passion in us, and sometimes results in an emotional response.

And if a hurricane hit here tomorrow you're damn right I'd whine about it hihi

This site isn't meant to be a forum for whiners and people who are unhappy about shit they have no control over. If that concert is too much to handle, go ahead, wave that Freedom Of Speech banner on your way out.

I can't believe I have to keep reminding people of this week after week.

By the way, you can go build a nest in this thread. Post away there instead of polluting every thread in the GN'R section with your garbage.

/jarmo

Dude, its a message board... People come to message boards to discuss things, here, their favorite band. No one has a problem with GNR, only with people who try to hi-jack what constitutes a "fan." The only "real" argument stems from people who take it upon themselves to try and tell others what they should or shouldn't think, and whine about how no fan should disagree or question anything associated with the band. That's what pollutes a thread.

I don't litter a thread with whining about an unreleased album. I respond to posts and thread topics... As you're supposed to. I don't make personal posts like this one, but I will respond. Now, I did make a point in this thread using humor with the criteria post, but it was completely serious in its point I was trying to get across... 

If you don't see negative aspects of your favorite band, then you are a complete obsessed fanatic, possibly mentally disturbed, the same way 12-year-old girls are with the Highschool musical kid. 

I'm not trying to be a smartass, and believe it or not, I do respect you as a fan and webmaster of this site, even if you don't respect me. I know you're passionate about this band and especially Axl. I'm not going to knock you for that. But everyone doesn't see things the way you do on this board or in the vast and diverse GNR community. And if we all did post the same shit, wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of a forum, if everyone had to think the same way as you, or subscribe to a single line of thought? It's not about free speech, it's about being part of an on-line community, and when you open a public message board in that community, chances are you're going to run into people with differing opinions than you. And that's okay.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:28:01 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2008, 04:46:28 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good post, 100% true.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2008, 05:16:12 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^
Yes so very true
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2008, 06:21:45 AM »

What I don't understand is why people come here to complain?  How is bitching and whining on a message board going to make the album come out any faster?  It's not like Jarmo is holding onto the album until he decides to unleash it.

Yeah, I wonder if when CD is released, if those same whiners will start complaining about the next album...wahwahwah!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »

FFS The albums called Chinese Democracy, a title derived about a country where free speech and human rights are non-existant. This is a message board, where fans have the right to speak about thing they care about, without losing their heads....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »

You can call me mentally disturbed all you want. You're not the first one. Why do I need to find faults in GN'R? Is that fun? It makes no sense to me because I assume everything has a reasonable explanation which isn't "let's fuck with the fans".

I choose to focus on the positive and try to run a place for other fans who feel the same while others thrive on negativity.

None of you "I agree" people seem to get that. You think it's your "right" to come here to whine about the same shit day after day.

It's not. Show me the proof that you have the right to come here to post!

You remind me of people who tell others "you're not gonna make it" every day until that person actually makes it. Then you're like "I knew you could do it! I always believed in you!".

No one has a problem with GNR, only with people who try to hi-jack what constitutes a "fan." The only "real" argument stems from people who take it upon themselves to try and tell others what they should or shouldn't think, and whine about how no fan should disagree or question anything associated with the band. That's what pollutes a thread.

Are you fucking serious?

You're basically saying we should allow all the "real fans" who like to make fun of the band and whine about the album not being out post the same shit day after day, but when we tell them this isn't the place for that shit, we "pollute" the thread?

You got a lot of nerve, I'll give you that.

As I said, we don't want a certain crowd here. Why can't you just accept it?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:03:23 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2008, 07:54:18 AM »

great post mister id ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2008, 08:00:19 AM »

Show me the proof that you have the right to come here to post!

um, show ME the right you have to buy webspace and create a fan site?

honestly what a ridiculous thing to say. Jst accept that people have different opinions whcih are all valid in their own head. Thats Human, thats life.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »

What kind of question is that?

honestly what a ridiculous thing to say. Jst accept that people have different opinions whcih are all valid in their own head. Thats Human, thats life.

I never had a problem accepting that people have different opinions. Where the fuck did I say so?

It still doesn't mean I have to invite them to my place!

You on the other hand think it's your right to waltz in here and act like you're at home.

And apparently when I'm telling people that we don't want a certain kind of behavior in our "house", I'm polluting the place. Ridiculous.

/jarmo

The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »

^^ If you think Jarmo is tyrannical and doesn't let you state your "opinion".... leave.

Stop bitching like a bunch of pussies and get the hell out.  crying

This is his space... he owns it... what he says goes. Simple as that.

So don't come here and think you have the right to do what you want... this is not a democracy.

BTW I'm not sucking up to Jarmo... I don't get anything out of it... I'm just stating the facts.  Grin
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:03 AM »

What kind of question is that?

it was sattire, and in fact it was just as dumb as your question. that was the point.

you made the website public Jarmo, that means anyone with an internet connection have the right to come here and read or post, unless ofcourse their post are harming others or because they dislike the band and are out for a fight.

anyways, this is lame, i've watched this argument go on for days......no wait, YEARS now. Its the same tiring stuff.

I hope that CD is out sooner rather than later, firstly so that i can here the amazing music, secondly so that you can chill out and get off your high horse!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »

you made the website public Jarmo, that means anyone with an internet connection have the right to come here and read or post.

They don't have the right, they have the choice.

It's a bit different.

You have the choice to buy Coke, but you also have the choice to buy Pepsi or maybe even Sprite!

/jarmo

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »

It's hard to have something positive to say right now. You blind fans must understand that. There is no sign of CD, the last tours were cool but they meant nothing, the world still thinks that GNR is Axl, Slash and Duff.

Excuse me a mo, me an' the dog happen to think that there's much to be positive about right now.  You may have splashed out on tickets for a tour that meant nothing to you but I spent my hard-earned dosh on seeing a bloody marvellous set of shows that were both inspirational and memorable; they reminded me why I fell in love with this band when I first heard Appetite and reignited the passion that I felt when I first saw them play live.  I couldn't care less who 'the world' thinks is in the band; their ignorance doesn't affect my enjoyment of the music, and I would question your addition of Duff in that statement anyway.

As for there being "no sign of CD", we've been told that the recording is done; is that not something to be positive about?  It's a damn sight nearer to release than it was 18 months ago - onwards and upwards, I say.   Cheesy

And a lot of that "whining" is actually legit questions that none of you can answer,

So why keep asking them, when it must be apparent to even a casual reader that there's no one on this board who's either capable of or willing to answer them?  If the intention in posing the question is in order to stimulate lively discussion then there has to be some element of originality about it, otherwise, and speaking personally here, I'm afraid it does feel very much like the poster is merely whinging and I have neither the inclination nor time to indulge them in debate.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

anyways, this is lame, i've watched this argument go on for days......no wait, YEARS now. Its the same tiring stuff.

I hope that CD is out sooner rather than later, firstly so that i can here the amazing music, secondly so that you can chill out and get off your high horse!

Are you serious in thinking that some arguments will stop as early as CD is released?  Huh I can already foresee some of what's gonna happen, some people castigating the new band, the songs, and even Axl... Jarmo will have a lot to do, I'm sure of that.

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

^^ If you think Jarmo is tyrannical and doesn't let you state your "opinion".... leave.

For the most part I have left - actually I'm not sure why I'm here now, but since I am I'll say that the moderation of this site is literally more intrusive, and unpleasant than any other site that I've visited. I used to enjoy coming here to discuss GNR-related things(Axl's vocal technique, etc.). I'm not a hater or a naysayer, but I really can't support, or tolerate the Orwellian way that Jarmo runs this site.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »

But you wouldn't go on about as how axl's vocals are great now in this thread about a marketing idea would you?

You can discuss that in another thread, speculate about the past to cry over split milk in the dead horse or challenge mods in the administration section instead of hijacking threads.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »

For the most part I have left - actually I'm not sure why I'm here now, but since I am I'll say that the moderation of this site is literally more intrusive, and unpleasant than any other site that I've visited. I used to enjoy coming here to discuss GNR-related things(Axl's vocal technique, etc.). I'm not a hater or a naysayer, but I really can't support, or tolerate the Orwellian way that Jarmo runs this site.

Agree 100%. This was my favourite GNR site back in the late '90s and early 00's and I've been a big supporter of the band for a long time, having gone to six shows including the original HOB show in Vegas. These days I rarely bother to visit because it doesn't give an accurate picture of the fanbase's feelings about Axl or GNR. It doesn't matter if your posts are on topic and not flaming anyone, anyone who disagrees with anything Axl has ever done will have their posts deleted.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: