Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77725 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »

What exactly do you know about the situation that I don't?

Am I the one pointing fingers and whining about it?

You whine and complain about it like you know everything.

For some fucking reason, you need to make yet another topic to be about how you're suffering. Poor you!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »

people are fighting over here a lot hun Huh

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »

As said before it isn't asking too much for a NEW band to release NEW music....
You're not asking, you're demanding. You know it won't change the situation, so why whining about it? They don't owe you, you didn't pay in advance for this record. You love the band, great. Why would this means that what you want is what they should do - specially when they NEVER did that in the past for anyone?

You can't change the weather, but just try to bitch about it everytime you're talking to your friends. I'm sure they will be pretty happy with this broken record everyday. ok

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »

You're not asking, you're demanding. You know it won't change the situation, so why whining about it? They don't owe you, you didn't pay in advance for this record. You love the band, great. Why would this means that what you want is what they should do - specially when they NEVER did that in the past for anyone?

You can't change the weather, but just try to bitch about it everytime you're talking to your friends. I'm sure they will be pretty happy with this broken record everyday. ok

Who is Demanding? As far as that stupid line of "they dont owe me anything" NO SHIT!!!!!! Does anyone really think that? did they owe me AFD? UYI? NO! The problem here is, some people (you) cant decipher btw bithing and wanting something new from your favorite band. The Pittsbugh Steelers are my favorite football team. Do they owe me a superbowl? Hell no! But, as a paying fan, when they suck on a Sunday afternoon, the fans bitch. Such is being in the spotlight. When they won the superbowl 2 years ago, we loved them, when they went 8-8 the year after, we still loved them, were just disappointed. Same with GNR, at least me, I seen and hear what Axl is capable of. HE is the one who said this is a new band. Well, lets hear some NEW music. As someone in the public eye, promising a new album, that never seems to come out, HE puts himself there. Nobody in the enteratinment business owes me anything. And as far as "broken record"? We are as happy with it as the same broken record with excuses why new band cant make new music.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »

What exactly do you know about the situation that I don't? Unless you get some inside info from the GN'R camp , we both only know what has been made public. Did I say I was a victim? Nope , I said it's been excuses with GN'R for YEARS and all we do have ( can you contest this ) is the past , minus some leaks. Just because I say that doesn't make me any less of a GN'R fan than you.  As said before it isn't asking too much for a NEW band to release NEW music....

Ah, that pesky criteria of what makes a real fan rears its head again:

1. You have no right to talk about GNR unless its approved by GNR.

2. You cannot voice displeasure for anything associated to GNR in any compacity.

3. You are not allowed to wait for any upcoming album. But waiting for upcoming concerts and merchandise is okay. But not Albums. Not under any circumstance.

4. Please ignore the man behind the curtain.

5. You cannot question the honesty of any member, employee, or manager of GNR. Unless they're fired or quit. Then they're all fucking liars.

6. All official statements issued by GNR are completely true. GNR would never, ever try to spin an ugly situation to make themself look better. Not under any circumstance... Ever.

7. All media is full of shit. Unless they have something good to say. 

8. Any critique or questioning of anything related to GNR (post 1996) is hereby considered treason, and you will be labled whiner, victim, complainer, and banished to the lands of free speech, where horrible liberals will eat your children.

9. Thinking for ones self is strickly prohibited. All ideas and opinions will be given out by GNR. Any opinions other than GNR licensed opinions will be destroyed or mocked.

10. GNR/Axl Rose never, ever, ever, makes a bad or dishonest decision. Ever

Breaking any of these rules will result, but not limited to, in immediate revoking of fanhood, memory deletions, and or castration.

Sarcasm noted. With that,
This is the BEST POST EVER!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »

Who is Demanding? As far as that stupid line of "they dont owe me anything" NO SHIT!!!!!! Does anyone really think that? did they owe me AFD? UYI? NO!

I'll call you next time anyone says Axl owes them.
The Pittsbugh Steelers are my favorite football team. Do they owe me a superbowl? Hell no! But, as a paying fan, when they suck on a Sunday afternoon, the fans bitch.

music is not sport but..... likewise, why not bitch after you see the outcome?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2008, 12:42:29 PM »

Ah, that pesky criteria of what makes a real fan rears its head again:

You can be a "real fan" all you want.

I don't need to be surrounded by people who take any chance they can to stab the band they "support" in the back.

I don't know how, since none of you ever answered, it helps your lives to constantly whine about this.....

"Release the album, release the album, why isn't there a new album? I want a new album! They should just release it! I want to hear new music! Why don't they just release the album?" etc etc.

Are you one of those special "objective" fans who like to point out how much is wrong with GN'R when in fact none of us know the full story?

Don't you have anything better to spend your time on instead of coming to a fan site and remind us of how much it sucks to be a GN'R fan?

Maybe it sucks for you, maybe it doesn't for some of us. Did you ever think about that?

Why do you feel the need to try to bring everybody else down to your level?

It's not my fault that your life seems somewhat empty since you have to spend time whining about shit you have no control over? Wanna whine about the weather where you are too?

This site isn't meant to be a forum for whiners and people who are unhappy about shit they have no control over. If that concert is too much to handle, go ahead, wave that Freedom Of Speech banner on your way out.

I can't believe I have to keep reminding people of this week after week.

By the way, you can go build a nest in this thread. Post away there instead of polluting every thread in the GN'R section with your garbage.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:49:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2008, 01:23:08 PM »

Who is Demanding? As far as that stupid line of "they dont owe me anything" NO SHIT!!!!!! Does anyone really think that? did they owe me AFD? UYI? NO! The problem here is, some people (you) cant decipher btw bithing and wanting something new from your favorite band. The Pittsbugh Steelers are my favorite football team. Do they owe me a superbowl? Hell no! But, as a paying fan, when they suck on a Sunday afternoon, the fans bitch. Such is being in the spotlight. When they won the superbowl 2 years ago, we loved them, when they went 8-8 the year after, we still loved them, were just disappointed. Same with GNR, at least me, I seen and hear what Axl is capable of. HE is the one who said this is a new band. Well, lets hear some NEW music. As someone in the public eye, promising a new album, that never seems to come out, HE puts himself there. Nobody in the enteratinment business owes me anything. And as far as "broken record"? We are as happy with it as the same broken record with excuses why new band cant make new music.
Well, Jarmo already said a lot of things about it and also pointed out a specif thread just to do your so needed whine about the new album.

It's just about one thing: if you are a person who only whine and talk about how bad you want something, it gets boring. Try to do that in real life, try to talk like that with your gf. People gets bored with all this whining. We KNOW not everything is going on as planned, nothing is perfect. Is there any need to have always someone to bitch about it in EVERY SINGLE THREAD in the main board when there is indeed a thread just to do that? Seems to me it's more about seeking attention to do such a thing in this section, in every thread.

Don't you think everybody here wants something new? You and the guy who I quoted are not the only ones. But instead of DEMANDING - what do you think it is to ask for something as you have any right to do so? - such a thing over and over, I prefer to just post when I have something to contribute. Or, sometimes, when I see people trying to hijack every thread with this bullshit. The topic has such a great read about the release of the new material you all want so bad, why keep repeating the bitching?

Amuses me how you often put Axl as the guy who wants to fuck with his fans by promising something and not delivering. I don't think he's that sadistic and I do believe he wants the album more than anyone, but in the right way - that implies not only the music itself as he thinks it should be, but also the way we will have it.

It's really off to compare Chinese to a sport team because we're talking about music, creativity and artistic business, not only "let's win" every year. 

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »

What exactly do you know about the situation that I don't?

Am I the one pointing fingers and whining about it?

You whine and complain about it like you know everything.

For some fucking reason, you need to make yet another topic to be about how you're suffering. Poor you!

/jarmo

Once again Jarmo evades the question asked , nice. Where am I whining? I love Guns N' Roses but I'm stated fucking facts. For the past 10 years we've been given excuses. Have we not? As of now all we have is an amazing collection of work pre- 94 , and a couple leaks for an album that has been promised for years with no avail.

I'm sorry if you don't want to accept the facts , but thats what's going on. It's not opinion , its a FACT.

If you want do go into a mindless child like argument by making sarcastic comments go ahead , I never said I've suffered its a god damn band I haven't suffered anything. What I'm saying is you know nothing more than I do ( but of course you failed to answer the question I asked , instead you proposed one to me ) I didn't say I knew everything but I did say it's been excuses ( which it has ) from Axl and Co for a LONG time , if you can contest that go ahead but I don't see how that isn't truth.

Sorry to burst you're little bubble but just because I have negative things to say about a band doesn't mean I'm whining. Not everything is positive you know.

Guns kicks ass , I love the band , but I won't put my self in false reality.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:31:00 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »

Sorry to burst you're little bubble but just because I have negative things to say about a band doesn't mean I'm whining. Not everything is positive you know.

nor is everything negative.. but going by some of you guys' posts, you'd think it is.   if you're a fan of something, I'd think it'd make you more happy than upset. 
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »

nor is everything negative.. but going by some of you guys' posts, you'd think it is.   if you're a fan of something, I'd think it'd make you more happy than upset. 

Good point but it seems as if both sides don't want to budge ( nay sayers seemingly think everything is bad , and vice versa ). I call BS when i see it , that doesn't mean I don't love Guns N' fuckin' Roses. As a fan it upsets me we haven't gotten CD yet , I'm not whining I'm saying it upsets me. But on the same case I'm grateful and happy for the amazing tour that got put out. It cant be completely one sided , but there are 2 sides to every coin.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:19:34 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »

Good point but it seems as if both sides don't want to budge ( nay sayers seemingly think everything is bad , and vice versa ). I call BS when i see it , that doesn't mean I don't love Guns N' fuckin' Roses. As a fan it upsets me we haven't gotten CD yet , I'm not whining I'm saying it upsets me. But on the same case I'm grateful and happy for the amazing tour that got put out. It can be completely one sided , but there are 2 sides to every coin.

Yes it can because we've heard about you people being upset for the last "few" years!

We focus on the positives here.

You don't like the company here? Nobody's making you stay.....

You can't be content with containing your "I'm an upset fan" posts in one thread so you have to post the same shit in every other thread in the GN'R section.

Guess what? I have a problem with that!

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »

Good point but it seems as if both sides don't want to budge ( nay sayers seemingly think everything is bad , and vice versa ). I call BS when i see it , that doesn't mean I don't love Guns N' fuckin' Roses. As a fan it upsets me we haven't gotten CD yet , I'm not whining I'm saying it upsets me. But on the same case I'm grateful and happy for the amazing tour that got put out. It can be completely one sided , but there are 2 sides to every coin.

Yes it can because we've heard about you people being upset for the last "few" years!

We focus on the positives here.

You don't like the company here? Nobody's making you stay.....

You can't be content with containing your "I'm an upset fan" posts in one thread so you have to post the same shit in every other thread in the GN'R section.

Guess what? I have a problem with that!

/jarmo

So you are saying it CAN be completely one sided? Dude thats flat out crazy , you are basically saying lets ignore any negative aspects , and be completely one sided?

Who is "you people"?

So focusing on the positive , means completely ignoring the negatives? This topic is going no where at this rate. I guess I'll just stop posting on the topic seeing as its completely off topic now lmao.  beer
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

Jarmo, I think you're right and have good points.

However that being said and even though the last couple of years have been great, the album is the elephant in the room. Without it, the band is somewhat on hiatus. It's more difficult to generate relevant discussion without something to actively look forward to or discuss.

I'm not saying we can't positive and enjoy what we have, but for example if we see Axl out on the town we can comment on how awesome he looks. The Rolling Stone picture of him with Baz was awesome. People thought he looked good and it was encouraging to see him. The only thing we have like that is Ron's videos.

You know what I'm saying? Or am I totally off base here?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »

So you are saying it CAN be completely one sided? Dude thats flat out crazy , you are basically saying lets ignore any negative aspects , and be completely one sided?

You don't seem to fucking get it.

The rest of the known universe can think GN'R sucks and CD is never coming out. I don't give a fuck.

This place is meant for all those who don't agree with the rest of the universe.

You are a negative aspect. Does it make you feel good to whine about the album not being out day after day while pointing fingers?

Maybe you need a diary? "Dear diary, I'm so upset, the album didn't come out today either."

I suggest you try it, maybe it'll work out for you.

The rest of the board will thank you.

/jarmo

maynard
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »

It's hard to have something positive to say right now. You blind fans must understand that. There is no sign of CD, the last tours were cool but they meant nothing, the world still thinks that GNR is Axl, Slash and Duff. I didn't see any whining on the thread. Just some people giving opinions that the admin doesn't like. This is bullshit.

We all love the band, but many of us (actually, all of us) are tired of this situation and the point of this thread (see the title) is to talk about it or do you think in a thread called "Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy!" you'd see comments like "I LUV AXELLL HE DOESNT OWE ME ANYTHING HE HAS A SEXY BUTT CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!1". Please... stop using your illusion  no
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

You don't seem to fucking get it.

The rest of the known universe can think GN'R sucks and CD is never coming out. I don't give a fuck.

This place is meant for all those who don't agree with the rest of the universe.

You are a negative aspect. Does it make you feel good to whine about the album not being out day after day while pointing fingers?

Maybe you need a diary? "Dear diary, I'm so upset, the album didn't come out today either."

I suggest you try it, maybe it'll work out for you.

The rest of the board will thank you.

/jarmo

I am a negative aspect because I chose not to ignore some BS? Day after day? Go ahead and insult me I fail to see how it gets a point across?
do I tell you need a diary " dear diary , I'm so happy Guns N Roses is the best band in the world and they do nothing wrong EVER. " No I don't childish insults get nothing done. YOU don't get it , I'm not going to ignore stuff just because I love a band.  I'm not blindly loyal to anything , I have ideas and like anything it has pro's and con's. Anyways I'm out.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

"We live and learn
And then sometimes it's best to walk away
Me I'm just here hangin' on
It's my only place to stay at least
For now anyway
I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
"

-Locomotive

Axl's not going to piss away all his effort by making the rookie mistake of rushing the album out. It's too bad the album isn't out. Maybe we can see you again later? Right now, I'm enjoying talking about the songs that I love and memories that I've had from this awesome band.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:53:26 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »

I am a negative aspect because I chose not to ignore some BS?

No, it's because you choose to focus on it and make it your priority. Year after year.

We don't know anything about the situation, yet only you are there calling it bs.

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »

I am a negative aspect because I chose not to ignore some BS?

No, it's because you choose to focus on it and make it your priority. Year after year.

We don't know anything about the situation, yet only you are there calling it bs.

/jarmo

Well seems like you don't me , don't sit here and tell me I make it my priority. What I'm calling BS is that we still haven't got CD , it's kinda of upsetting. I don't chose to focus it I already said that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: