Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77735 times)
ben9785
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2008, 06:26:05 AM »

I really like the idea behind this 'ransom' release.

Its unique in idea, it prevents early leaks, and its almost a way for the record company to safely guage the amount of interest for new GNR material, hence based on the interest they can proceed with physical releases and plan the release of the consecutive new GNR albums thereafter more effectively.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:29:34 AM by ben114 » Logged
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

Actually, if Universal was THAT hell bent on album sales, release the album with normal promotion and what not. People will steal it just like every other album.

Then, when GnR goes on tour for it, raise the ticket price $10 and include a copy of CD with your ticket, ala PRINCE.  He sold 3+ million cd's that way.  Axl gets his normal ticket $, and Universal gets $10 per ticket.

PLUS, it guarantees the album to be high on the charts, with 3-4 shows a week @ 15-20,000 people = 45-80,000 copies sold PER WEEK.  Most albums get released, peak, and start declining.  This would mean top 20 sustained.

This was a brilliant article.  If everyone can switch "vintage" "retro" and "old GNR" with "last tour t-shirt", "2007 festival show dvd" or "2001 Vegas dvd", we save about 7 pages of this thread. 
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2008, 12:38:47 AM »

Will be intresting to see how it's done all in all. And yes, we're out of patience hihi
It is already a joke for several years. We all need to move on and forget about CD.
You're obviously have registered to the wrong site Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:09 AM »

This was a brilliant article.  If everyone can switch "vintage" "retro" and "old GNR" with "last tour t-shirt", "2007 festival show dvd" or "2001 Vegas dvd", we save about 7 pages of this thread. 

Maybe, but that isn't what box sets are about. Few people will buy a box that only has recent material.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

I'm curious: who the fuck still cares for CD to come out? (except for some die hards on the several GN'R forums)

It is already a joke for several years. We all need to move on and forget about CD.

Theres a brilliant post. Great idea, lets "forget about CD and move on"  To what? another year of touring 20 year old songs? now that is really moving on!!!!!!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2008, 07:09:03 PM »

I'm curious: who the fuck still cares for CD to come out? (except for some die hards on the several GN'R forums)

Oh, but it's going to be released really soon! ... oh wait, no it's not.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »

Theres a brilliant post. Great idea, lets "forget about CD and move on"  To what? another year of touring 20 year old songs? now that is really moving on!!!!!!

Maybe the point is that you need to move on..... Get a new act.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »

Listen folks, we dont know the time or the hour when axl and his minions will stop harassing us with this album, so we just need not to give up, and reap the rewards of waiting, because if we do just all give up it will show axl the stonger.  Grin
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

/jarmo

Why would I need to? My act is just fine. I am a HUGE supporter of gnr. New and old. Being a HUGE fan, i am waiting for the NEW band to give me some NEW music. Not really a big expectation is it? Just sick of being told to "get out of the past" when still today, that is really all we have. You can spin it anyway you want, but when I read that hillary duff made 13 million dollars last year, and Madonna made 72 million, it just gets frustrating to hear all these lame excuses why gnr cant make money. Arent these people facing the same "industry problems" that gnr is facing?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

Why didn't every other recording artist make as much then?

Edited to add: Funny you bring up Madonna who didn't release a new album in 2007....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:23:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »

I love how people of this forum get in knots when they are told stuff like that.

/jarmo

Why would I need to? My act is just fine. I am a HUGE supporter of gnr. New and old. Being a HUGE fan, i am waiting for the NEW band to give me some NEW music. Not really a big expectation is it? Just sick of being told to "get out of the past" when still today, that is really all we have. You can spin it anyway you want, but when I read that hillary duff made 13 million dollars last year, and Madonna made 72 million, it just gets frustrating to hear all these lame excuses why gnr cant make money. Arent these people facing the same "industry problems" that gnr is facing?

Yup , that is all we have. For the past decade all it's been is excuses with Axl and Co.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2008, 08:46:54 PM »

Edited to add: Funny you bring up Madonna who didn't release a new album in 2007....

/jarmo

That is the point. NO ALBUM and still made 72 million. All off touring her LATEST album mixed in with the past. If gnr and record Co. really need to make the money fast, rlease it and tour the shit out of it. This formula works! You dont really need to sit in a room for another year and waste more time.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »

Yup , that is all we have. For the past decade all it's been is excuses with Axl and Co.

What exactly do you know about the situation?

Let me guess, nothing!

Stop acting like you're some kind of victim here.

If this is too much for you to handle, move on.

It's that easy.

Seems like that's the only thing you guys understand. I have to be that blunt.

If you hate your job, you change your job. If you hate your spouse, you get a divorce.

Or maybe you don't. Instead you keep reminding everybody around you who aren't as miserable as you about how your job sucks and you hate your spouse!

Year after year.....

Instead of moving on with your lives, you stick around spewing the same shit year after year.

How exactly is this helping to improve your life? Does it make you happier?

You come to a GN'R FAN site to post this kind of shit year after year. "Oh poor me, I've waited and waited.  crying ".

Move on!

That is the point. NO ALBUM and still made 72 million. All off touring her LATEST album mixed in with the past. If gnr and record Co. really need to make the money fast, rlease it and tour the shit out of it. This formula works! You dont really need to sit in a room for another year and waste more time.

If the day comes when GN'R charges as much for tickets as Madonna, I don't wanna see you complaining. Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:54:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »

/jarmo

Doesn't that reinforce his point though?  If she can make that money without even putting out an album...  Seriously GN'R should be a money-making machine.  The $13M should not be that big an obstacle!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »

/jarmo

Doesn't that reinforce his point though?  If she can make that money without even putting out an album...  Seriously GN'R should be a money-making machine.  The $13M should not be that big an obstacle!!!

This is from the Forbes article:

Madonna earned much of that from her landmark Confessions tour, the highest-grossing tour for a female artist, earning $260 million worldwide. During that time-frame, Madonna also enjoyed income from record sales, her deal with hipster retailer of choice H&M and payment from NBC for rights to broadcast her concert performance at London's Wembley Stadium.

It'd be interesting to know how much of it was due to records sales.....

/jarmo

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »

/jarmo

Doesn't that reinforce his point though?  If she can make that money without even putting out an album...  Seriously GN'R should be a money-making machine.  The $13M should not be that big an obstacle!!!

Madonna earned much of that from her landmark Confessions tour, the highest-grossing tour for a female artist, earning $260 million worldwide. During that time-frame, Madonna also enjoyed income from record sales, her deal with hipster retailer of choice H&M and payment from NBC for rights to broadcast her concert performance at London's Wembley Stadium.

/jarmo

My guess would be $4.18, but that's way more in British Pounds.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:10:08 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »

What exactly do you know about the situation?

Let me guess, nothing!

Stop acting like you're some kind of victim here.

If this is too much for you to handle, move on.

It's that easy.

Seems like that's the only thing you guys understand. I have to be that blunt.

If you hate your job, you change your job. If you hate your spouse, you get a divorce.

Or maybe you don't. Instead you keep reminding everybody around you who aren't as miserable as you about how your job sucks and you hate your spouse!

Year after year.....

Instead of moving on with your lives, you stick around spewing the same shit year after year.

How exactly is this helping to improve your life? Does it make you happier?

You come to a GN'R FAN site to post this kind of shit year after year. "Oh poor me, I've waited and waited.  crying ".

Move on!

If the day comes when GN'R charges as much for tickets as Madonna, I don't wanna see you complaining. Wink

/jarmo

What exactly do you know about the situation that I don't? Unless you get some inside info from the GN'R camp , we both only know what has been made public. Did I say I was a victim? Nope , I said it's been excuses with GN'R for YEARS and all we do have ( can you contest this ) is the past , minus some leaks. Just because I say that doesn't make me any less of a GN'R fan than you.  As said before it isn't asking too much for a NEW band to release NEW music....
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo
Very little I'm sure.  But for a brand name like Guns N' Roses, $13M is bus fare.  Surely the record company has enough brain power working for it to figure out how to make this work!!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:34 PM »

What exactly do you know about the situation that I don't? Unless you get some inside info from the GN'R camp , we both only know what has been made public. Did I say I was a victim? Nope , I said it's been excuses with GN'R for YEARS and all we do have ( can you contest this ) is the past , minus some leaks. Just because I say that doesn't make me any less of a GN'R fan than you.  As said before it isn't asking too much for a NEW band to release NEW music....

Ah, that pesky criteria of what makes a real fan rears its head again:

1. You have no right to talk about GNR unless its approved by GNR.

2. You cannot voice displeasure for anything associated to GNR in any compacity.

3. You are not allowed to wait for any upcoming album. But waiting for upcoming concerts and merchandise is okay. But not Albums. Not under any circumstance.

4. Please ignore the man behind the curtain.

5. You cannot question the honesty of any member, employee, or manager of GNR. Unless they're fired or quit. Then they're all fucking liars.

6. All official statements issued by GNR are completely true. GNR would never, ever try to spin an ugly situation to make themself look better. Not under any circumstance... Ever.

7. All media is full of shit. Unless they have something good to say. 

8. Any critique or questioning of anything related to GNR (post 1996) is hereby considered treason, and you will be labled whiner, victim, complainer, and banished to the lands of free speech, where horrible liberals will eat your children.

9. Thinking for ones self is strickly prohibited. All ideas and opinions will be given out by GNR. Any opinions other than GNR licensed opinions will be destroyed or mocked.

10. GNR/Axl Rose never, ever, ever, makes a bad or dishonest decision. Ever

Breaking any of these rules will result, but not limited to, in immediate revoking of fanhood, memory deletions, and or castration.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:15:08 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2008, 06:20:52 AM »

Ah, that pesky criteria of what makes a real fan rears its head again:

1. You have no right to talk about GNR unless its approved by GNR.

2. You cannot voice displeasure for anything associated to GNR in any compacity.

3. You are not allowed to wait for any upcoming album. But waiting for upcoming concerts and merchandise is okay. But not Albums. Not under any circumstance.

4. Please ignore the man behind the curtain.

5. You cannot question the honesty of any member, employee, or manager of GNR. Unless they're fired or quit. Then they're all fucking liars.

6. All official statements issued by GNR are completely true. GNR would never, ever try to spin an ugly situation to make themself look better. Not under any circumstance... Ever.

7. All media is full of shit. Unless they have something good to say. 

8. Any critique or questioning of anything related to GNR (post 1996) is hereby considered treason, and you will be labled whiner, victim, complainer, and banished to the lands of free speech, where horrible liberals will eat your children.

9. Thinking for ones self is strickly prohibited. All ideas and opinions will be given out by GNR. Any opinions other than GNR licensed opinions will be destroyed or mocked.

10. GNR/Axl Rose never, ever, ever, makes a bad or dishonest decision. Ever

Breaking any of these rules will result, but not limited to, in immediate revoking of fanhood, memory deletions, and or castration.

hihi was it not Axl who in the Paris 1992 concert (might be mistaken) during a mini rant made a comment along the lines of " you can lock 'em up, you can throw away the key, you can kick their teeth in, but you can't f**k with someones freewill" -  the last bit often springs to mind when I read threads in this forum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: