Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77756 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »

Personally, I think Axl should make Black Frog a public company [stock and all that stuff] so people can invest into it and use it as his own label to release various stuff.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »

Personally, I think Axl should make Black Frog a public company [stock and all that stuff] so people can invest into it and use it as his own label to release various stuff.

Something tells me that all these ideas will fall on deaf ears.  Axl is an artist, not a businessman.  I could probably guarantee the financial side is one huge headache for Axl.  I do like Halfway Famous's idea though.  I'd throw some bucks Axl's way...beyond 3 concerts and a bunch of concert tees since '02.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »

There's always an e-mail blitz on Universal demanding Chinese Democracy. GNR fans are good at that Cool

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2008, 05:57:24 AM »

The proposed live DVD should be the first Wembley concert of 2006...blinding show with lots of new songs, great new covers we've never heard GnR do before (Stones, Rod Stewart), and the amazing event of Axl announcing the acoustic show later that night and reading out names of ticket winners.  Then have a couple of songs as a bonus from the Cuckoo Club gig and there you have it - a great indication of what GnR are these days.   Am sure there are other great gigs from the tour to choose from and release - the atmosphere at the first Hammerstein must have been electric - that would also be great.  (And could include clips of some of the short interviews I recall fans in the queue doing around those gigs.)

Lots of interesting ideas coming forward though - wouldnt be surprised if there are record companies using forums on a daily basis these days as marketing tools and "think tanks" !  They really need to pull their heads out of the sand and move forward without delay.  I can see a lot of bands/musicians adopting similar idea to those addressed here (eg a Radiohead) due to the current state of the industry/advance of new media etc.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:56 AM »

The proposed live DVD should be the first Wembley concert of 2006...blinding show with lots of new songs, great new covers we've never heard GnR do before (Stones, Rod Stewart), and the amazing event of Axl announcing the acoustic show later that night and reading out names of ticket winners.  Then have a couple of songs as a bonus from the Cuckoo Club gig and there you have it - a great indication of what GnR are these days.   Am sure there are other great gigs from the tour to choose from and release - the atmosphere at the first Hammerstein must have been electric - that would also be great.  (And could include clips of some of the short interviews I recall fans in the queue doing around those gigs.)

Lots of interesting ideas coming forward though - wouldnt be surprised if there are record companies using forums on a daily basis these days as marketing tools and "think tanks" !  They really need to pull their heads out of the sand and move forward without delay.  I can see a lot of bands/musicians adopting similar idea to those addressed here (eg a Radiohead) due to the current state of the industry/advance of new media etc.

The ticket idea is a gooden, why not have a series of one-off shows in various countries/states, with a pair of "golden tickets" being placed inside CD, the winners get invited to a show in the country its won in. Would be really fantastic if it was in small clubs that only hold about 2-300 people....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:29 AM »

For personal reasons I hope the footage of the fans lined up outside the Hammerstein has long since been destroyed. That first night would make for a great release though.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2008, 10:10:26 AM »

As far as the record company making their money back, I don't think that's the issue.  If it was the issue they would have FORCED a release years ago.  The only way for them to recoup their losses is to actually release a record, right?  Or am I missing something?

This whole discussion is so tiresome.  GNR & Axl Rose have long been my favorite band and singer EVER - and I feel like for 10 years the air is slowly being let out of the balloon....... not sure what's left at this point.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

I really like the Ransom Release Idea posted by D although:

1. I'd want a refund if the release didn't take place (incl if it was leaked)
2. They would commit to a traditional release if the download figure was met (they could factor this into the numbers)
3. It would be cool if you could use the download contribution to get discount off the trad release.
4. A tracklisting or some evidence of the album is made available. This way when it is released we know we're getting what we've contributed to!
5. There's some kind of PR from record company to try to help achieve the required no. of downloads.

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

P.S. I wouldn't call it 'Ransom Release' either. there's something not quite right about the word 'Ransom'!

Maybe someone could create a mock up of what the website would look like? (I would but have zero programming skills!)

Here today...ready to rock
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »

they should def do some nutty things for this release.  DVD of hammerstein would be sick.  agree that they shouldn't have much to do with the old band recordings/concerts.  if anything, maybe the demos that were recorded after the illusions as the old band started to officially break apart - get zakk wyldes recordings, buckets stuff... but that is prob a huge headache contract wise.

a free t shirt would be cool or some kind of physical take away.

promotion is $$ though - and i'm getting the vibe that the record company doesn't want to spend another dime on this.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »

They should use Axl's contacts with the Grand Theft Auto software company and drop a couple of tracks on one of the virtual 'Radio Stations'. Maybe Axl can be that DJ again? I believe the new GTA4 is out in April on the Xbox 360. Hows that for a nutty thing to do?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »

I think 2 million dl will be easily secured. especially when at a low set price.
the market is worldwide. GNR has fans worldwide.

and there're billions of potential fans.
I donno how much the internet is popularized in china but if it is, I bet the title alone interests chinese youths.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

As far as the record company making their money back, I don't think that's the issue.  If it was the issue they would have FORCED a release years ago.  The only way for them to recoup their losses is to actually release a record, right?  Or am I missing something?

This whole discussion is so tiresome.  GNR & Axl Rose have long been my favorite band and singer EVER - and I feel like for 10 years the air is slowly being let out of the balloon....... not sure what's left at this point.

Good post!!!!! I cant beleive that people still fall for all this BS. Its not Axl's fault if the record Co. was this stupid to "loan" him all this money for the record. If it is truly handed in, which I still highly doubt, than how is not releasing it doing anyone any good? Like business is so good, they can just say "fuck it, rather than at least make 3/4 of the money back on this thing, we will just shelve it and never release it" All the arguments that have been made on this post, and some of them very good, are problems that ALL bands face. But they all seem to figure it out. and no, it does not take a year to do it. People still buy music, just walk into any record store for proof.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

Didn't axl mention they were in negotiations? That's not necessarily what trunk assumed.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »

If it is truly 100% done - there is no reason why we shouldn't see it in 2008. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
chas
Headliner

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 01:58:31 PM »

Seeing the success of the console game Guitar Hero and the millions of people who have bought the game, i've been thinking it could be used as a good marketing tool for the album.

Inserting a code or game disc with a couple of songs from Chinese Democracy when you buy the album will allow universal to tap into a younger generation of music fans.

They should consider this option.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »

I have a really crazy idea! Instead of sitting around thinking up these clever ways to market and further delay the record...How about they just fucking release it ASAP!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »

I personally think it is insane to release a record these days based on the model of record releases since the 80's.

Its just outdated and dumb.

Do the ransom release. It cannot leak on the internet if u do that.

If a month has went by and u see it isn't gonna come close to the million, u compromise but it still stops the leak.

U then Release the album,boxset etc

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

I must be stupid or i'm really smart hihi

why would a "ransom release" stop leaks?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2008, 02:19:23 PM »

it's more clever to do a pre sale system online.

and don't forget there is 3 cds, the record company doesn't
need to sell 15 billions of chinese democracy to make money.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: