Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77748 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2008, 11:56:59 AM »

Considering the new GNR has been around for awhile, they could go back a little bit and come up with some cool stuff.

The boxset could include any or all of the following:

The CD version.  With maybe a bonus track or two (demo versions more than likely considering GNR bsides of the past...or a live version of Sailing Away)

A DVD or two.  A concert DVD could include any or all of the following (if they exist)...the Vegas New Year's Concert...Rock in Rio...the 02 tour...the 06 Tour...Inland Invasion.

A T-shirt.  Either a concert tour shirt from the 02 or 06 tours...or even an exclusively made shirt for the box set and CD release.

A Program or Poster.  From either the 02 or 06 tour.  Or a new exclusive one for the set.

An upcoming concert ticket voucher.

A vinyl version of the album.  So all us audiophiles can listen to the album in its full production glory (to see why it took 14 years) and not compressed so it sounds leveled off like a Fall Out Boy album.

And maybe any of the following tidbits:  a Hat, a Keychain, a map to China, a Lighter, an ipod Case, a Bandana,  a Watch, Exclusive Ringtones, or a flurry of exclusive downloads for our cellphones or computers.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »

what ever rout they go i hope they do the PPV thing for sure ok i think that would get alot of atension and would be a good way for the fans to see whats up and down within the band today not to mention it being very entertainning in adition to being informative yes

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

You guys may string me up for saying this, but I would like them to include the AFD Re-Do with the new band.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »

I honestly hope the label has enough faith in this project and GNR fans to just do a standard CD release. Although their faith in GNR fans to actually purchase it might be misplaced now that I think about it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »

You guys may string me up for saying this, but I would like them to include the AFD Re-Do with the new band.

You shouldn't be strung up for saying that. I'd love to hear it. The version from all those years ago wouldn't do it for me though, I'd want to hear a version with Frank, bbf and Richard on it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »

I like the idea of the DVD. Maybe not full concerts, althought that'd be great. Maybe a 'Best of' from the tours since 2000 or something like that? The best performances of the songs from over the past 8 years. A clip or two from HOB 01, TWAT from Hammerstein '06, Nice Boys from Australia from '07, etc.

Special moments and rarities. Maybe some from the acoustic gigs? Bonus DVD entitled 'Acoustic Best of'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »

snap. I'd love the clips of the new songs live (from omg to better) and rare covers like back in the uk sway I feel good, Godzilla, etc

You shouldn't be strung up for saying that. I'd love to hear it. The version from all those years ago wouldn't do it for me though, I'd want to hear a version with Frank, bbf and Richard on it.

No he shouldn't be strung up. And everyone we're hearing on the album is a part of chinese democracy.
But I'd rather hear the re do on another occasion that this.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »

Most of the market to the big companies is actually those between 12-17 YO Tongue

Things to come with CD like a keyholder/stickers or something + a very sexy packaging and things would maybe be a good but silly idea.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »

if they throw in a DVD i think they should do it in the format that KISSology is in which is basically what cotis said but also include the ever so popular MTV aperance on the VMA (i know i know but i kinda liked all the hype that came with it its one of my fondness memories) and maybe some interviews on there as well.

just don't have Axl meets the phantom of the opera on there, might not sell no

(KISS fans know what i mean hihi)

:peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »

Things to come with CD like a keyholder/stickers or something + a very sexy packaging and things would maybe be a good but silly idea.

To be honest, I wouldn't hate it if it includes a GNR (of chinese democracy era, of course) comic book.  Or even anime Tongue
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »

+ a very sexy packaging and things would maybe be a good but silly idea.

sexy as in pics with the band joined by a bunch of suicide girls/playboy playmates? hell yeah!
thescreendoor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2008, 03:04:33 PM »

Hello GNR Fanatics and Fellow Fans...

I wrote the article and appreciate any and all feedback.

In regards to the mention of putting a vintage concert in an elaborate box, it was merely mentioned as a way to entice the people at Universal. I didn't state it as a definitive because I knew it was highly unlikely. Also, while I am all for having items that showcase only the new GNR, if it were to be added, it would be done to get people who wouldn't otherwise buy this album, possibly buy it.

I wasn't a fan of the new GNR, didn't care as to whether it was a success or not, but then I saw them live;

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2008/01/guns-n-roses-appetite-of-determination.html

...and I was transformed. There are numerous people who haven't paid attention to the group without it's original members and I was merely thinking out of the box to find a resolution to ensure that the widest margin of people would be exposed to the album...that's all.

xT
http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/
tonykblog.com

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »

I think I've said some of these suggestions before?  Hmmm I did!

Re: GNR Finish CD?  on: January 23, 2008, 09:11:53 AM 
How about a stadium type show with a pay per view deal and a DVD (The making Of)/CD release) following immediately?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »

1- Digital download of a single.

2- Regular cd

3- Limited edition package with regular cd and a second bonus dvd documentary from the beginning of the recording 
    to the end result, tour footage, questions and answers we've been playing guessing games with for the last ten
    years.

Yeah, I know most bands and artists are doing this already, but it seems at least to me, the most realistic way that it
may go. Hey they could include a monogrammed signed pass by the band with a barcode on it. That way you bring it to a show, and you get in for free, j/k of course.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »

+ a very sexy packaging and things would maybe be a good but silly idea.

sexy as in pics with the band joined by a bunch of suicide girls/playboy playmates? hell yeah!
Not like that, but appealing. For example how Coca Cola made their Bottles/logo etc more appealing. You get the idea.

I just wan't the music, but I think things like additional things (or merch if you will) to come with the CD's could increase the sales which is financially beneficial for the companies. Not sure what to expect of Chinese Democracy in how it's released.

I know Pink did release a album like that, not that adults are too fond of things like that but it can help companies a little.

One thing is for sure, things will change.
Maybe we start to get additional things from the recordstores when we buy CD's. Like clothing articles, key-rings, fake tats, guitar picks...

On one side it's very exiting times, since many companies will cease the opportunity to be creative peace
To be honest, I wouldn't hate it if it includes a GNR (of chinese democracy era, of course) comic book.  Or even anime Tongue
How about free tickets to a GunsN'Roses film on the nearest cinema? It will be intresting to see how the industri cope.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:57:53 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »

BIG YAWN
(at this thread)

You'll get the album when the record co says so.
Have patience.
You've waited this long havn't you,
another couple of years won't hurt, will it?

no i guess a good thing is worth waiting for.

the one an only horsey !
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »

It's going to happen. Sooner or later!... hopefully before I die!!!!!!!!!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

This guy had some great ideas.  I liked his creativity.  He sounds like someone from this forum. If there is one live DVD that needs to be officially released and mastered it would be the 1988 live at the Ritz, but you don't want that out at the same time as Chinese Democracy.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

It's going to happen. Sooner or later!... hopefully before I die!!!!!!!!!!

if i don't beat ya there lol.dag nab it lol
have hope not dope lol
you know we have time.

the one an only horsey !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »

It's not as if GNR wasn't ready yet.
I'm still not 'waiting' tho.

but you don't want that out at the same time as Chinese Democracy.

def not.

see the 10th~12th post before yours.  he's a board member now. Cheesy
modeled on radiohead, the no release until two million downloads secured approach is quite novel.  yes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: