Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77709 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »

Quit arguing, sweet five-pound Christ.

Everyone is talking about who's "negative" and who's not. Your arguing and constant squabble is more negative than anyone saying anything unfounded about the band. And unlike those statements, your arguing doesn't pertain to the band, it pertains to disagreeing on how a website should be run.

How about we close the thread? Afterall, the thread is about being tired of following the drama that we know nothing about and the last 3+ pages aren't even about the article.

Then we can sit in the dark like a little asshole child on timeout who can't get along with the other students and share his toys.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »

I agree, lets close the thread.

I mean seriously, all thats happening is bitchin and whining and it's pathetic. Though i have to say the GNR negative fans arn't the only ones souring up the thread, anyone who argues with them and keeps the stupid bs goin is to blame as well.. *cough*Jarmo*cough*

I'm sorry, I just think all the stupid bickering is making anyone new to this forum think we are all a bunch of children  Tongue

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »

Okay let's do everything you want to do. ok
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »

You can call me mentally disturbed all you want. You're not the first one. Why do I need to find faults in GN'R? Is that fun? It makes no sense to me because I assume everything has a reasonable explanation which isn't "let's fuck with the fans".

I'm not calling you mentally disturbed, I'm not questioning your fanhood either...

Beavis: Fanhood, heheheh heheheheh hihi

And I wasn't talking about finding faults, I was talking about REFUSING to see their faults to the point of being so defensive/sensitive that you come across like one of those crazy 12-year-old fans of that Zack Efferon kid. The kind that come up with their own rules of being a fan... You can't have a real conversation with someone if that person is in a constant defensive mode.

Are there people who will only be negative? Sure. But not everyone.

And I have NEVER said GNR purposely fucks with the fans. They just don't care, as you've said yourself. And when you choose to have that disposition, you're going to rub the fans the wrong way. It's called: Cause and effect.

Like Adam Corrola said: "Axl Rose is the biggest prick in music, but I still love him."

I choose to focus on the positive and try to run a place for other fans who feel the same while others thrive on negativity.

None of you "I agree" people seem to get that. You think it's your "right" to come here to whine about the same shit day after day.

It's not. Show me the proof that you have the right to come here to post!

*sigh*

Like I said, I respect you as a fan, and you can view it anyway you want. I will not knock you for being positive, but coming across as if the band has never done wrong, and berrating  people about it is different. Being positive is one thing, what we're talking about is another. You do go after people, not just someone who's come here to bash. Any good point you have is lost in the wide brush strokes you paint over the fanbase.

My right to come here... Well, it's not a private mesage board, I thought it was public. If it is reserved for only specific people I wasn't aware of it. From what I see it's a site dedicated to the band. I wasn't told in the agreement I signed all those years ago that there was an official "criteria" of what a GNR fan is I had to meet, and to agree to think a certain way if I wanted to post here. And I do follow all the rules here. But it is your message board, you run it the way you like. And if you still want to ban me, not because of breaking the rules, but because I think different than you, than that is your decision. It would be sad because of the history I have here, but again, if you do want to make this a private board for only a certain type of fan, it is up to you.

You remind me of people who tell others "you're not gonna make it" every day until that person actually makes it. Then you're like "I knew you could do it! I always believed in you!".

I think you're looking in the mirror at that description.  I never tell anyone what to do. I don't put them down. I don't question their loyalty. I never attack anyone. I debate them, and as I'm doing now, I am open to the prospect that I am wrong, and that you can correct me... Still waiting for that revelation...

I am a very encouraging person. I take pride in that. And I think we could tell who best fits that description if the both of us looked back on our posts made the last week or month... But I admit, I did tell the baby to stop eating the paint, but he deserved it hihi

No one has a problem with GNR, only with people who try to hi-jack what constitutes a "fan." The only "real" argument stems from people who take it upon themselves to try and tell others what they should or shouldn't think, and whine about how no fan should disagree or question anything associated with the band. That's what pollutes a thread.
Are you fucking serious?

Yes. Yes I am.

You're basically saying we should allow all the "real fans" who like to make fun of the band and whine about the album not being out post the same shit day after day, but when we tell them this isn't the place for that shit, we "pollute" the thread?

You got a lot of nerve, I'll give you that.

As I said, we don't want a certain crowd here. Why can't you just accept it?

/jarmo

Well, since I don't fit in that "crowd", I don't need to accept it. I don't make fun of the band. I'm not whining about the album not being released. And I'm not just talking about myself, but a few others here who you may think fits in that "crowd." I debate peoples perspectives on why the album isn't out when the discussion comes up, but I'm not whining about it.

Matter of fact, you should know, that no one has ever gotten away with bashing this band in front of me. I've taken them all on and shut them up. Several, or sadly, the few old school posters that remain here, know about that, what kind of fan I am,  and some of my battles with the bashers. And my position hasn't changed. I love this band and this line up.

Not all of us fit under the same umbrella here, man. I wish you could see that.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:25:44 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2008, 01:31:07 AM »

And I wasn't talking about finding faults, I was talking about REFUSING to see their faults to the point of being so defensive/sensitive that you come across like one of those crazy 12-year-old fans of that Zack Efferon kid. The kind that come up with their own rules of being a fan... You can't have a real conversation with someone if that person is in a constant defensive mode.

We're all human.

People make mistakes.

But the thing I'm against is people coming up with all kinds of things that are "wrong" and reasons for being upset.

That's probably their idea of fun, I don't know. Nobody ever answered me why it's so important to them.

Anyway, it's easy to say "they should do this and that and I'd be happy!". You can tell them "they never done that in the past, and it's just better to start accepting that fact", but sure enough, they keep going and going.

And I have NEVER said GNR purposely fucks with the fans. They just don't care, as you've said yourself. And when you choose to have that disposition, you're going to rub the fans the wrong way. It's called: Cause and effect.

This is another example of what I was talking about.

People want GN'R to be GN'R, but then they also want them to go on at 9PM sharp like everybody else and do things like everybody else. Well, if GN'R started doing things like everybody else, are these people still gonna be fans or is it gonna be all about "they sold out! They're like everybody else now!"?

You can't whine about not getting updates, and when you get one you use it against the band!

Like I said, I respect you as a fan, and you can view it anyway you want. I will not knock you for being positive, but coming across as if the band has never done wrong, and berrating  people about it is different.

If I appear to be condescending towards certain fans it's only because they're totally lacking any respect for what this place is about.

Being positive is one thing, what we're talking about is another. You do go after people, not just someone who's come here to bash. Any good point you have is lost in the wide brush strokes you paint over the fanbase.

I go after the people who are after ruining every other thread in the GN'R section.

But maybe I shouldn't say anything? A quick ban without warning might be a better way?

I think you're looking in the mirror at that description.  I never tell anyone what to do. I don't put them down. I don't question their loyalty. I never attack anyone. I debate them, and as I'm doing now, I am open to the prospect that I am wrong, and you can correct me... Still waiting for that revelation...

You don't have to tell people what to do, but the mods and I have to.

I question the loyalty of somebody who claims to be a big fan and then basically does everything a fan shouldn't do in my opinion.

Is that weird to you?

For example: You can say "I'm a huge fan, I saw GN'R twice last tour, but I don't think the album is ever coming out.".

So if I question the reason why that person is even here, you think it's weird?

If you have a bunch of friends and you go out every week but one of them is constantly bringing the others down. Month after month, year after year. Do you come to a point where you question the need to invite him along the next weekend? Maybe you'd even confront him about the problem? 

That's what some fans are basically doing. They're trying to bring everybody else down.

If he's not happy, nobody else should be! Who cares about the shows? They're not playing in my country! What? Album is done? Fuck that, there's no release date!

I tend to think that if you post something, you should be able to stand for it. If we all got together in a bar before a show and there was a table filled with people whining, I certainly wouldn't fucking sit with them.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »

Jarmo, that was an excellent post, man. And you made some great points.

Just a few things and I'm making this as "positive" as possible:

I do think people are angry and are repetative in their displeasure at the wait and bs, but I just see that as very pasionate fans who do care about GNR. But I can see it from your perspective that it would be annoying. But the result of that ends with people feeling picked on, their fanhood questioned, and all that makes does is make the situation worse.

People want GN'R to be GN'R, but then they also want them to go on at 9PM sharp like everybody else and do things like everybody else. Well, if GN'R started doing things like everybody else, are these people still gonna be fans or is it gonna be all about "they sold out! They're like everybody else now!"?

You can't whine about not getting updates, and when you get one you use it against the band!

Now this is where I whole heartedly disagree with you.

If a band is a certain way, you have to accept certain aspects about them you don't like. But that doesn't give them any right to shit on you. Example, in 2002 some friends of mine went to the Detroit and Philly shows. Friends who were HUGE fans. I can't tell you how disappointed they were when Axl got pissed off in the middle of Patience because the band screwed up and he forgot some words, and he stormed off and shut down the show. They were so excited to see their favorite band and felt completely cheated at the end. No official explanation was given at all for why he split in the middle of the show. One friend went to the Philly gig, and we both know how that turned out. hihi

Now, I will not EVER say these fans are not entitled to be angry, or they have no right to voice their displeasure. They are fans today, somewhat, but refuse to spend any money on another concert, and it took a long while for them to be interested in CD again. They have a right to be jaded. And a lot of people here who are labled whiners have very solid arguments, and that irks me to the umpth degree, and their points get twisted and squashed in a "My gang vs. your gang" kind of bickering that serves no one any good.

People have right to be angry/frustrated, whatever, because that's what passionate fans do. And you can be turned off by things the band does and still be a fan. But I think we can all take a step back to try and understand each other here a little better.

And I do not at all use an update against them. I admit, when I got the update from Del James for example, it was insulting to me, and I did voice my opinion about it, and GNR smartly removed it. I don't look for a reason to complain about the band.

I do understand your position completely, you explained it very well. But I do think you attack people, but I do understand your end that you are frustrated. But I think we both can understand each other here, even though we don't agree on everything. I'm not saying you have to think the way I do, or vice versa, and I will voice my opinion when I think you're being unfair, but I do think we can... Dare I say, fully respect each other and our differing opinions?

I tend to think that if you post something, you should be able to stand for it. If we all got together in a bar before a show and there was a table filled with people whining, I certainly wouldn't fucking sit with them.   hihi

/jarmo

I do stand up for what I post. Which probably is what gets us into these debates. But this is a good one, in my opinion. I don't know if you would agree.

And no, if someone is being a drag, I sure as fuck wouldn't sit with them... Unless they're paying for the drinks. hihi

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:11:59 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »

Hmmm.  Believe me or not,

Hmmm. Believe an anonymous, new, poster on a message board, or multiple credible sources ... That is not a hard decision.  hihi

Your so called "multiple credible sources" don't know anything but to spin the lies they are fed from band members that don't even know the truth.

Now this whole thing cracks me up. How is it that a band member of GNR know less then your "source" which you have yet to name or even give a hint at?

"A" for effort on trying to get yourself attention though...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »

I do think people are angry and are repetative in their displeasure at the wait and bs, but I just see that as very pasionate fans who do care about GNR. But I can see it from your perspective that it would be annoying. But the result of that ends with people feeling picked on, their fanhood questioned, and all that makes does is make the situation worse.

My point is, if you're that passionate, use that energy for something good.

Think a a little further than "I want the album out".

Now this is where I whole heartedly disagree with you.

If a band is a certain way, you have to accept certain aspects about them you don't like. But that doesn't give them any right to shit on you. Example, in 2002 some friends of mine went to the Detroit and Philly shows. Friends who were HUGE fans. I can't tell you how disappointed they were when Axl got pissed off in the middle of Patience because the band screwed up and he forgot some words, and he stormed off and shut down the show. They were so excited to see their favorite band and felt completely cheated at the end. No official explanation was given at all for why he split in the middle of the show. One friend went to the Philly gig, and we both know how that turned out. hihi

Ok, but I don't think GN'R has ever "shit on" the fans.

You mention the Detroit show from over five years ago. I don't know, I was under the impression that we're all human. The show was cut short. It happens!

It's happened to me too. By other bands!

You want every show to be a three hour marathon. Then you realize, maybe you don't. It's like every day being Christmas.... Then it's not a special occasion when they do play a longer show.

We don't know what happened in Philly other than some "fans" using it as an excuse to destroy things that's not theirs.

At least you were not given a "we couldn't play because of the snow on the arena roofs" excuse.  Wink

Now, I will not EVER say these fans are not entitled to be angry, or they have no right to voice their displeasure. They are fans today, somewhat, but refuse to spend any money on another concert, and it took a long while for them to be interested in CD again. They have a right to be jaded. And a lot of people here who are labled whiners have very solid arguments, and that irks me to the umpth degree, and their points get twisted and squashed in a "My gang vs. your gang" kind of bickering that serves no one any good.

I'd tell that person to get over it. It's been a few years.....

The little experience I have of going to concerts, I've still had bands play short sets, cancel shows and start "late".

It happens. It's what makes going to a show a bit different from sitting at home watching it on a bootleg DVD.... Wink

Now this whole thing cracks me up. How is it that a band member of GNR know less then your "source" which you have yet to name or even give a hint at?

I don't think the point was about who knows more or less, the point was that the album hasn't been turned in.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »

I don't think the point was about who knows more or less, the point was that the album hasn't been turned in.....

/jarmo

even so we cant help but take offense when we see anyone implying that band members are liars.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »

/jarmo

even so we cant help but take offense when we see anyone implying that band members are liars.

That was my point. Calling yourself more informed then a current member of GNR is a little silly in my book.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »

...the Detroit and Philly shows. Friends who were HUGE fans. I can't tell you how disappointed they were when Axl got pissed off in the middle of Patience...No official explanation was given at all for why he split in the middle of the show...

I just wanted to touch on this subject real quick. I was at that show and it's a common misconception that they played "half a show". They only skipped Nightrain and the encore that night. I'm not saying that's right either, but alot of people act as is Patience was the 3rd song or something. Another thing that never gets mentioned is that it was the only show on that tour that GNR played Rhiad (sp?). That's something special to remember from that show and be appreciative for.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »

Thanks russtcb.  I was baffled at the accusation as I read many reviews about the show along the the lines of  what you said.

Friends who were HUGE fans. I can't tell you how disappointed they were when Axl got pissed off in the middle of Patience because the band screwed up and he forgot some words, and he stormed off and shut down the show. They were so excited to see their favorite band and felt completely cheated at the end. No official explanation was given at all for why he split in the middle of the show.

Are you sure your friends were really at the show?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

Why not for both? If your passionate about something  you should be able to use that energy for both good and bad.

How shocking that this is another "your not a tru fan" thread.

Time and time again.....just because someone disagrees with something their fav band does doesnt mean they arent a fan.

The only people who should be encouraged to leave this forum are people who talk about Axls braids,who insult, and people who are just trouble,etc.

Other than that everyone here should be able to say what they want about the band. It shouldnt matter if you agree with them or not. This is a forum. Its for discussion and debate. like this place used to be.

I know your going to say how I sound like a broken record. Leave yada yada yada...Like I said in the post that got deleted a few min ago..."another thread about how to be a fan...shocking".

This topic has been discussed for a long time now. Why not take a step back and listen to those "whiners"? Obiviously people have a different opinion than you on this subject.

Im not even saying you have to agree. Im just saying stop acting like there is one way to be a fan of GNR.

Axl is great but hes not a saint. The sooner you realize that, the better

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:22:15 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

Why not for both? If your passionate about something then you should be able to use that energy for both good and bad.

So instead of answering my question, you just ask another one. Way to skip the whole point!

How shocking that this is another "your not a tru fan" thread.

Time and time again.....just because someone disagrees with something their fav band does doesnt mean they arent a fan.

Disagreeing and coming up with some constructive points is one thing, whining and whining because you feel like you've been cheated on is something else.

The only people who should be encouraged to leave this forum are people who talk about Axls braids,who insult, and people who are just trouble.

Other than that everyone here should be able to say what they want about the band. It shouldnt matter if you agree with them or not. This is a forum. Its for discussion and debate. like this place used to be.

Now you're telling me how this place should be like it's up to you.

Hey, I wish YOU were like you used to be. Can you change for me?  Roll Eyes

This is a forum for debate?

Often the idea of a "good debate" centers around how much people think GN'R sucks. What the fuck is up with that?

You think fans should have to go to a GN'R fan site to defend GN'R from other fans? It's like you going to a Mets home game and being harassed for being a Mets fan in the section for the "home fans".

This topic has been discussed for a long time now. Why not take a step back and listen to those "whiners"? Obiviously people have a different opinion than you on this subject.

Obviously if people think they have the right to come to "our house" and demand that we adjust to them, they need a reality check.

When will you fucking get it? I don't want this place to turn into a place for "true fans to complain all day long, day after day, because they should have that right"! Does it make any sense to you? Or are you just gonna tell me you should have the right to complain because you are a "true fan"?

But it makes sense that you don't get it. After all, you're the one who WANTS to waste your time and energy on negativity instead of trying to put that time/energy to some good use. I guess it's too much to ask....

I guess if you had to think every time before you post, it's asking for too much. So it's a lot more "fun" to just complain.

The album's not out yet. What are YOU gonna do about it?

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »

Disagreeing and coming up with some constructive points is one thing, whining and whining because you feel like you've been cheated on is something else.
You are characterizing it as whining because everything that is discussed here has pretty much been discussed for years now. Nothing has changed for the most part. Which is why it may seem redundant. Which is why some people seem to be "whining".

Often the idea of a "good debate" centers around how much people think GN'R sucks. What the fuck is up with that?

You think fans should have to go to a GN'R fan site to defend GN'R from other fans? It's like you going to a Mets home game and being harassed for being a Mets fan in the section for the "home fans".
No, often these debates discuss the things gnr do. I rarely see people saying that GNR sucks. Most people who whine and complain are discussing the actions of the band and what they might mean..

Your wrong. I dont know how it is at other places in the world but here in NY, fans, die hard fans, analyze their teams 24/7. Whether its on the radio or at the games. In fact the stadium, or in this case the forum, is a great place for people to discuss the team and what they think. It happens all the time.

I think fans of this band should come here and be able to discuss gnr. Good and bad. I dont think most people here just want to stroke gnrs nuts 24/7.

Obviously if people think they have the right to come to "our house" and demand that we adjust to them, they need a reality check
ok

Does it make any sense to you? Or are you just gonna tell me you should have the right to complain because you are a "true fan"?
It makes plenty of sense to me. People should have the right to say what they want. Maybe the same old complaints keep popping  up because its the same old story with this band? ever think of that?

After all, you're the one who WANTS to waste your time and energy on negativity instead of trying to put that time/energy to some good use. I guess it's too much to ask....

I dont waste my time and energy on the negatives. Im just discussing what I read and see. I have no agenda. I call it like I see it.

What is there to be positive about?

Im sorry but after 8 yrs of following this band I cant get a boner over another "the album is finished and handed in" rumor. We have been down this road a zillion times.

I guess if you had to think every time before you post, it's asking for too much. So it's a lot more "fun" to just complain.
Please tell me what I should be excited about in the GNR world. Or better yet...what should I be "thinking" about before I post?

Ill tell you what Im excited about....
JOHAN SANTANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The album's not out yet. What are YOU gonna do about it?
Wait, speculate, and enjoy the ride

how bout you?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:11:24 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »

from what i have read on this site so far, there is no debating. if you disagree with this jarmo guy, he ignores or belittles your opinion. this is not a forum site. this is jarmo's house.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2008, 01:23:54 PM »

It makes plenty of sense to me. People should have the right to say what they want. Maybe the same old complaints keep popping  up because its the same old story with this band? ever think of that?

Doesn't it make you tired?

You really wanna read about how another "true fan" is upset that there's no new album?

What is there to be positive about?

Well, with that outlook on things...

Im sorry but after 8 yrs of following this band I cant get a boner over another "the album is finished and handed in" rumor. We have been down this road a zillion times.

Eight years? There are posters on this board who passed the "eight anniversary of being a GN'R fan" in the 90s. Still, they're not as upset/bitter as you. I'm not even talking about myself, so you might just as well save your "jokes" (=insults) for later.

No we really haven't been here before. It's your ignorance that causes this.

The album was 100% finished in 2007. No matter how you twist it, if it was 99.9% done in the past, it wasn't completely done!

You never admitted that so instead you go on and on about how things are the same. They're not!

They appear the same to someone who refuses to take in facts!

Please tell me what I should be excited about in the GNR world. Or better yet...what should I be "thinking" about before I post?

Ok, do you know the concept of constructive criticism?

If you don't, look it up.

Wait, speculate, and enjoy the ride

Is this you enjoying the ride? I'd hate to see you really upset.....  hihi

Does it suck that you're so upset about something and there's nothing you can do about it?

how bout you?

What am I gonna do about the album not being out? Well, since it doesn't upset me the way it upsets you, I don't think I have to do anything.

Do you?

If I'm all out of coffee and it upsets me, I go buy more.

If it doesn't upset me the slightest and I'm fine with it, why should I have to do something about it?

/jarmo

Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »

from what i have read on this site so far, there is no debating. if you disagree with this jarmo guy, he ignores or belittles your opinion. this is not a forum site. this is jarmo's house.

That's basically what it comes down to. The truth is it's Jarmo's site so he is within his rights to control what anyone says or reads here. He could ban everyone and just talk to himself if he wanted to. I think it explained everything when he said this site is not really a discussion board, but rather like a "newspaper" where he "chooses what to publish."

"We're not supposed to be some kind of "objective source of GN'R information". That's the misconception some of you have."

I was definitely under that misconception, and I bet most of the people reading this were as well. I'm just happy to see him being honest about it here.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:42:55 PM by Janabis » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

You really wanna read about how another "true fan" is upset that there's no new album?

Not really. But again, what else is there really to discuss?

such as? and confirmed by who?

Eight years? There are posters on this board who passed the "eight anniversary of being a GN'R fan" in the 90s. Still, they're not as upset/bitter as you. I'm not even talking about myself, so you might just as well save your "jokes" (=insults) for later.
I cant help it that I discovered in 2000. Heard Dust N Bones and was hooked! Thank you Napster!

Obivioulsy there are a lot more fans who have waited a lot longer than me. Im not even complaining about the wait. Its been frustrating...but it is what it is. Doesnt mean I cant discuss it though. good and bad

The album was 100% finished in 2007. No matter how you twist it, if it was 99.9% done in the past, it wasn't completely done!

You never admitted that so instead you go on and on about how things are the same. They're not!

The fact is that we are still in the same position as we always have been.  And you cant tell me about the current situation because no one knows the current situation. Hence, we are still in the same situation as we always have been.

Ok, do you know the concept of constructive criticism?

Yes, but you dont.

I think Axl should have informed us a little more over the past few months. Especially since his last press release.

Is this you enjoying the ride? I'd hate to see you really upset.....  

Does it suck that you're so upset about something and there's nothing you can do about it?
Enjoying the ride...meaning the ups and downs of this band. In the end it will be something that I will look back on and appreciate. both the ups and downs

Again, you insinuate that Im upset or something. Hate to break it to you but Im not no

Do you?
i already told you. Wait, speculate, and enjoy the ride

If it doesn't upset me the slightest and I'm fine with it, why should I have to do something about it?
Idk your the one who asked the question
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:58:37 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »

I think it explained everything when he said this site is not really a discussion board, but rather like a "newspaper" where he "chooses what to publish."

It was an analogy for all those of you who don't understand the concept that even if you have Freedom Of Speech, somebody decides what gets printed, broadcast etc.

Just because you have Freedom Of Speech doesn't mean your local paper is gonna print every news article.

Same goes for Internet sites. We have the right to decide what we think can/should be posted on our own sites.

"We're not supposed to be some kind of "objective source of GN'R information". That's the misconception some of you have."

I was definitely under that misconception, and I bet most of the people reading this were as well. I'm just happy to see him being honest about it here.

Where in the rule book does it say a fan is "objective"?

We all base on opinions on something.

Somebody who's upset about something is objective? No, don't think so. That emotion will probably make him be biased.

Why is it that published works aimed at ridiculing the band are considered "objective"? Negativity sells, and when you write a negative article it's automatically objective because it doesn't favor the subject?

Not really. But again, what else is there really to discuss?

Let me get this straight, you're happy and content with whining about shit for YEARS that you have no control over?

such as? and confirmed by who?

Well, you just said there's nothing to be happy about.

What a positive outlook on things you have!

Cheer up!

Somebody needs a hug!

The fact is that we are still in the same position as we always have been.  And you cant tell me about the current situation because no one knows the current situation. Hence, we are still in the same situation as we always have been.

Here's a clich? that's true in your case: You sound like a broken record.

Didn't I just explain in plain English why things aren't the same? Yes/No?

Yes, but you dont.

I don't?

I think Axl should have informed us a little more over the past few months. Especially since his last press release.

Do you have any ideas on why this might not have happened?

See, this is where you're supposed to think......

Again, you insinuate that Im upset or something. Hate to break it to you but Im not no

Oooh, I'm sorry! You do come across as a happy camper with the whole "what's there to be happy about" attitude!

Idk your the one who asked the question

No, you asked me the same question I asked you.

It makes no sense to ask somebody who's not upset "why are you so upset and what are you gonna do about it?" does it?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:02:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: