Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 191677 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1640 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »

I like Bon Jovi and I still buy his new records,  But I do wish he would take his tampon out already.  The new single sounds like U2.  I thought the new record was supposed to be a return to rock...
I don't know if Bon Jovi ever "rocked" anymore than U2 did.

yeah they did. "Bon Jovi", "Slippery when wet", "New Jersey" and half of "Keep the Faith" all rocked more than U2.  U2 is a pop band.  I like U2, but I don't need Bon Jove to sound like them.
maynard
« Reply #1641 on: September 03, 2009, 02:45:27 AM »

Gave "These Days" a listen tonight. What a great record this is, I bought my first copy on 1997, I was 10 and haven't gave a proper listen for at least 5 years. Amazing how it shaped my taste for darker music and lyrics. TD has a lot of pop moments but it's so dark and introspective. Too bad they changed their style from this to "Crush" pop-fest.

Anyway, what do you guys think about These Days? I think Keep the faith and These Days are the best you can get from Bon Jovi, Richie was at his best (see Dry County and My guitar lies bleeding...).

New single sucks, the 2000 decade sucked for BJ and their old fans.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1642 on: September 03, 2009, 06:55:43 AM »

i dig Keep the Faith alot, that album got me into the band.

These Days is a little too mellow for my liking. But its got some well crafted songs.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1643 on: September 03, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »

I just miss the terrific solos and riffs that I know Richie Sambora is more than capable of.
I hope the new album showcases some of that again.

When I saw them live on their last tour, they played heaps of old stuff, and Richie was absolutely shredding so much through the older tunes, I would think he's really bored playing the newer stuff.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1644 on: September 06, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFflgY7bsM&feature=related

Bon Jovi Coverin David Bowie's "Heroes"

Is it just me. Or am i the only person who creases balls at Jon when he wacks out those cheesy "yeahs".

He does it in "In These Arms". N he managed to put it into that song.

Its where he whispers the word. Proper american cheese style.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1645 on: September 06, 2009, 05:55:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFflgY7bsM&feature=related

Bon Jovi Coverin David Bowie's "Heroes"

Is it just me. Or am i the only person who creases balls at Jon when he wacks out those cheesy "yeahs".

He does it in "In These Arms". N he managed to put it into that song.

Its where he whispers the word. Proper american cheese style.

One of the best covers of that, I have ever heard.

no idea why u are negative towards it

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1646 on: September 06, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »

haha. Mr D!!!

Chill.

I never said the cover was bad. It is infact good.

Although Oasis do my favorite cover of the song.

I was simply pointing out Jon cracks me up with some of his cheesy expressions!

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1647 on: September 06, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »

I dont think its chessy he was performing it in front of actual heroes and he gets into it and emotional

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1648 on: September 06, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »

D.

Ok. What do you think on this.

This is what i think of this band...

Bon Jovi, if they had worked with the The Revolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZxL_uh3pw

Do you agree?

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1649 on: September 06, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »

WTF was that hihi

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1650 on: September 07, 2009, 06:45:48 AM »

WTF was that hihi
some serious cheese....is what it was....

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1651 on: September 19, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »

Bon Jovi supports Cobain protest

By Mark Savage

Entertainment reporter, BBC News

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi says he understands why Nirvana's former members protested over the use of Kurt Cobain's image in video game Guitar Hero 5.

Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl said last week they were "very disappointed" that Cobain's avatar could be used to play songs by other acts in the game.

"I don't know that I would have wanted it either," Jon Bon Jovi told the BBC.

"To hear someone else's voice coming out of a cartoon version of me? I don't know. It sounds a little forced."

Guitar Hero 5 entered the UK games charts at number one last weekend, beating its heavily-promoted rival, The Beatles: Rock Band.

The late Nirvana frontman features as an unlockable character, allowing players to see his image performing a multitude of other tracks, including Bon Jovi's You Give Love A Bad Name.

'Breach of contract'

In a joint statement last week, Grohl and Novoselic said they "didn't know" Cobain's image would be used in this way.

"We are dismayed and very disappointed in the way a facsimile of Kurt is used in the Guitar Hero game".

The pair also urged game makers Activision to "do the right thing in 're-locking' Kurt's character".
Guitar Hero screenshot
Guitar Hero allows players to recreate rock riffs on replica instruments

Activision said permission to use Cobain's image had been granted by the singer's estate.

The company said Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, had provided a written agreement which allowed the singer's likeness as a fully playable character in the fifth game of the series.

Writing on Twitter, Love claimed she had "never signed" a contract on the game, and threatened legal action against Activision.

"For the record, this... is breach of contract on a bully's part and there will be a proper addressing of this and retraction," she wrote.

Jon Bon Jovi, who is promoting his band's 11th studio album, The Circle, said he had declined the offer to appear as a playable character in Guitar Hero.

"I had the paperwork, they wanted me to be on that game and I just passed," he said.

"But no-one even broached the subject with me that I would be singing other people's stuff. I don't know how I would have reacted to that. I don't know that I would have wanted it either."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8259846.stm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1652 on: September 19, 2009, 01:15:58 PM »

further proof that even I  know Kurt Cobain more than Dave Grohl, Kris Novaselic, and Courtney Love.  If Kurt Cobain were alive today he would laugh his ass off about being used in a video game singing a Bon Jovi song.  Anyone who ever read an interview with the guy or really listened to Nirvana would know that.  Courtney knows this too,she just desperately wants to be in the spotlight for 3 more seconds.  Cobain did not take himself seriously, and would not be sitting around worrying how his legacy is going to be damaged by being in a video game singing hair metal.  He would have loved it.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1653 on: September 21, 2009, 01:07:46 AM »

Bon Jovi
''Wanted Dead Or Alive'' (pro-shot)
Rock In Rio-Lisboa 2008
Parque Da Bela Vista - Lisbon, Portugal
May 31st, 2008

Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 9548Kbps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 256Kbps [Audio]

http://rapidshare.com/files/279766557/BONJOVI-WDOA-RIRL08-ESTEBANF.mpg (190 Mb)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1654 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:39 AM »

I just miss the terrific solos and riffs that I know Richie Sambora is more than capable of.

JBJ said in a radio interview this weekend that the new album was made to bring Richie's guitars back like in the past. Riffs, solo's etc.

The album cut of the new single will even feature a newly recorded solo added by Richie right before the album was pressed because of all the protests from fans on the web when they first discovered the song lol rofl Richie said "ask and you shall receive"  peace

Now isn't that great attitude towards fans ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1655 on: September 21, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »

JBJ said in a radio interview this weekend that the new album was made to bring Richie's guitars back like in the past. Riffs, solo's etc.

The album cut of the new single will even feature a newly recorded solo added by Richie right before the album was pressed because of all the protests from fans on the web when they first discovered the song lol rofl Richie said "ask and you shall receive"  peace

I guess but you have to draw a line somewhere and be confident in your material and just go with it.  Why not invite fans into the recording studio so they can critique all the songs and help construct the album?  What the hell do fans know anyway?  If they know more than the band, that might be a problem.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1656 on: September 21, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »

I think it's cool of them to do that, it sounds like my wishes for Bon Jovi doing another "rock" CD have been answered.
I'm still a bit skeptical until I hear it though...

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1657 on: September 21, 2009, 10:46:41 AM »

I guess but you have to draw a line somewhere and be confident in your material and just go with it.  Why not invite fans into the recording studio so they can critique all the songs and help construct the album?  What the hell do fans know anyway?  If they know more than the band, that might be a problem.

I agree with this too, but as a fan, I'd like to see them create great "rock" music that they're capable of, as they've done in the past.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1658 on: September 22, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »

I see your point, and you're right IMO - but to me it shows that they're not that locked in an ivory tower. They did the album their way, presented a first single to the public and then saw the reactions of fans who were demanding a Sambora solo - so they went back to cut it.

The song without the solo is the version currently being played on radios and it's exploding so that's good, but fans will have a version with real solo on the album Smiley And Richie said it was a monster one so I can't wait to hear him again peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1659 on: September 22, 2009, 11:32:42 AM »

I see your point, and you're right IMO - but to me it shows that they're not that locked in an ivory tower. They did the album their way, presented a first single to the public and then saw the reactions of fans who were demanding a Sambora solo - so they went back to cut it.

The song without the solo is the version currently being played on radios and it's exploding so that's good, but fans will have a version with real solo on the album Smiley And Richie said it was a monster one so I can't wait to hear him again peace
Yeah, I've only heard the single once and I thought it was pretty decent.  I was surprised so many fans weren't pleased with it.  Their last album was crap, in my opinion, and the fans seemed to be completely onboard with that one.  So I didn't get the negativity.  I guess maybe they didn't get what they were promised.  At least with the country rock, they were warned about that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: